Felicity

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2794 replies to this topic

Pulpbomb

Pulpbomb

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:04 PM

Wow, did I NOT like Avery. For awhile I convinced myself the actress playing her was actually a man, baby! She was very mannish and I never got into her character.

mimiko1

mimiko1

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:54 AM

I can't watch the epis with Avery, I hated her more than even Lauren. Yesterday I turned on WE (late afternoon) and they were airing the Xmas epi from junior year. It's great to see James (Eddie Cahill) as this creep and then see him as a yummy love interest of Rachael's on Friends (season ?).
I thought we heard that S3 was going to be released on DVD in the summer?

erin210

erin210

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 5:04 PM

Happy New Year everyone! I've been away from this forum for awhile. Lots to catch up on. I see that we are talking about Avery. Well, let it be known that I truly HATED her. She was even worse than Lauren, except Lauren had Ben's baby and that is just detestable. But that's the writer's fault. Back to Avery, she had no redeeming qualities whatsoever and I never understood why Ben felt drawn to her or wanted to help her. He was very deceived by her, and I wanted to just slap him silly for it! But, I could never hit him, he's too beautiful. :-)

I'm with mimiko1, I can't even make myself watch those episodes most the time. I just hate that whole time period on the show. Ben's made out to be a jerk and Noel is trying to get Felicity back by taking advantage of their friendship. Neither guy was very attractive in this storyline.

Edited by erin210, Jan 3, 2004 @ 5:07 PM.

erin210

erin210

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 5:15 PM

I still believe that Ben was a better person than Noel, but I'm sure a large part of that stems from my initial viewing of the pilot. There was something magical to me in the Felicity/Ben story and I wanted that to work. Noel was an obstacle to that and I therefore viewed his actions through that lens. Perhaps I was more forgiving of Ben's mistakes because I really wanted his relationship with Felicity to work.

yuppielawyer, I can really see what you are saying here. I think we made our decisions early on in viewing this show who we thought Felicity should be with, and then we stuck with that. ITA that there was something "magical" in the story between FAB. To me, it just wouldn't make sense, nor would it have followed the general premise of the show, for Felicity to end up with Noel. She followed Ben to NY, she was meant to do that and to see what would happen in a real life relationship with him. It's just the most romantic in me I guess, but I really feel she was meant to be with Ben.

Ben's not so bad. I think he really fell in love with Felicity.

I don't believe it. I think my heart just stopped for a minute. lol. lavar actually admitted that Ben is not so bad! Seriously, I am glad that you can see that Ben truly fell in love with Felicity. Anyone who can't see that is blind.

i don't think felicity and noel pushing their friendship was a good idea or was sincere or, for that matter, was very original

janina, ITA. That's why I never really liked Noel with Felicity, I felt like their relationship was forced. Yes, they were young, and experimenting with their friendship to see where it could go, but I don't think it was a good idea, nor very sincere. It felt more like they just turned to each other because they had no one else. And there is nothing wrong with that, it just for me boils down to what someone else said you love who you love, and that's that. To me, Felicity always loved Ben. So that's the end of the story.

Edited by erin210, Jan 3, 2004 @ 5:31 PM.

JanTYRDRN

JanTYRDRN

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 11:32 PM

Looks like the Scott Speedman movie The 24th Day might be coming out after all. Here is a link to the trailer: Movie Trailer

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:03 PM

His latest one, Underworld, also comes out on DVD soon. Tuesday, maybe?

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 2:57 PM

The other day I caught a rerun of Mad TV on CC and they did a spoof of the show calling it Intensity, it was hilarious.

erin210

erin210

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 3:52 PM

That movie trailer is awesome! It looks like an intense, emotional movie. I can't wait to see it. I am so happy for Speedy, he deserves success. I know he's hot, but he's also a tremendous actor.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:52 PM

Underworld is finally opening here in Australia on Jan 12.... I can't believe you guys will be getting it on DVD almost at the same time we've getting the movie. I don't know what the deal was with opening it so late, as we normally get release dates pretty much around a week or so after the US. Stupid non speedy fan film distributors!

chickflick

chickflick

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:50 AM

What's this I hear about WE taking my Felicity away? And season 3 coming out on DVD... never? The show never got any respect from the WB while it was on, you would think we could honor it in syndication :-)

I want it back. WE, please don't take it away. You've already taken away the normal time airings AND made me watch it at 9 because I live on the west coast. Thank you.

And I hated Avery too. Although Lauren was pretty annoying too.

I was watching the one today when Felicity didn't want to tell Ben she slept with Noel. May I just say that I love Dr. Pavone?? I want her to be my therapist.

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 9:18 AM

I finally listened to Scott S. & Keri do the commentary on the S2 DVD for the second ep ("The List" I think). For anyone who has the DVD, it was totally worth it. They are hilarious together and spend about 75% of the time talking about working on the show in general rather than that specific ep, so it's basically like a 45 minute interview with them. Anyhow, it's great, so check it out.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 12:15 AM

What's this I hear about WE taking my Felicity away? And season 3 coming out on DVD... never? The show never got any respect from the WB while it was on, you would think we could honor it in syndication :-)

I have never understood the constant abuse of Felicity that networks around the world seem to dish out. Seems like it gets about as much respect in the US as it did here in Australia. They didn't even air the final half of s3 and all of s4 at decent times over here. Instead it was on at about 11pm, often shunted in and out of the way after a week or two, so I kept on missing eps because I didn't realise it was back on. And this was when they were showing absolute CRAP during actual primetime. But this network is the same one that shunted Buffy to 10:30 or later after s2, despite legions of fans, so I don't know why I expect any better. *sigh* I had to wait until they were repeating it at 2pm on the afternoons earlier this year to see all of these episodes (thank god for video recorders!).

janina

janina

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 6:13 AM

Here in the Philippines we had to wait after a season is over in the States before we could watch it here (season 4 ended May of 2002, they started showing it here November of that year). It annoyed me to no end as I know if it had gone to a station owned by Filipino elites we could have gotten it much much earlier. Instead, we watched it ultra late since it is being showed by a government-owned station. But i guess not much Filipinos minded though since there aren't a lot of us who really watch it here and I am the only one I know who is a fanatic. But I couldn't complain about the schedule as we have it on primetime, Thursdays at 9pm.

mimiko1

mimiko1

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 1:48 PM

obviously WE's general fan base are not Felicity fans. I have boycotted them since they put Felicity on late-night and announced it would be gone after this month. I can't believe that there are people that watch the same lame sit-coms they air over and over again, the B movies they show hundreds of times and the "reality" shows they air.

Tchr Tchr ID Claire

Tchr Tchr ID Claire

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 3:52 PM

Anyhow, for any AJJ lovers . . .

Do such things exist? ;-)

YuppieLawyer, my thoughts exactly. Which of course brings up the interview with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner... "Who the f*** is AJJ?"

That is classic!

Edited by Tchr Tchr ID Claire, Jan 8, 2004 @ 3:53 PM.

Li25star

Li25star

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 7:49 PM

Hello, everybody. I'm new to this thread, but I have been lurking around here for the last few months and reading what you guys think about Felicity. I love the show (I try to watch it whenever I can on WE, but it's been hard with their crazy schedule...ugh), and I just have to say, you guys have got to be some of the best fans in the world!

I was wondering if any of you could help me find some Felicity fan fiction, particulary about Felicity and Ben. During the summer, I read some great stories, and I have been trying to find them on the internet again, but it's been impossible! One was about the gang going to Mexico, another discussed Felicity getting into an accident because of Noel and then marrying Ben, and still others talked about the married life of Felicity and Ben and them having children. The stories were really in-depth and realistic, and if any of you could help me locate them, I'd really appreciate it.

I have yet to buy seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, but I've been saving up =). I'm dying to hear the commentaries on season 2, especially the one with Keri and Scott.

I look forward to chatting with all of you about Felicity!
Until next time, peace.

NickChick

NickChick

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 12:13 AM

Hadn't seen that about WE dumping it -- make sense then why they rebooted to rerunning S4 instead of S1 after the finale. In the very least, I'm glad they gave it the year and a half -- I learned to like the show when I really hadn't seen it in first run. I'd bet it ends up on Lifetime or one of the Lifetimes since that network group is a Disney property, and Touchstone, I believe, holds the rights.

So, I rented Underworld, and Scotty is mighty hot in it. Interesting performance from him in a sort of Ben-like way -- almost no dialogue. Damn shame the film didn't make any money because I'd like to see him pick the role up again, given how the film concludes.

Thanks for the AFM link -- that means they're shopping for a distributor, which could mean theatrical or straight-to-video release -- I'd guess the latter since IMDB has it as a 2002 film. I'm surprised with James Marsden also in the cast that it's not already got a deal with someone.

ETA -- TarheelJD -- I was not aware of that at all -- thanks. I trotted over to IMDB after your post and it had a budget of $23 million, MUCH lower than I had thought (thank you, Prague and Budapest =). I had also thought that after the opening weekend's $21 million, the total box office in the US wasn't all that great, so I guess it did well internationally to justify additional films? It will be interesting to see if it does really well on video, too.

Edited by NickChick, Jan 14, 2004 @ 1:04 PM.

TarheelJD

TarheelJD

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 6:55 AM

Damn shame the film didn't make any money because I'd like to see him pick the role up again, given how the film concludes.

Actually, Underworld did pretty well and made more than it cost to make. They quickly announced that there are plans to do a sequel and a prequel.

janina

janina

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 8:37 AM

I just re-watched Perfect Match. There are so many things that I didn't like about the fourth season but I just want to point out that I especially did not like how Felicity seemed to be perenially sad. I just kind of missed the outgoing Felicity she once was which became more apparent now that I have the dvds of the first 2 seasons. And also, in line with that, even Ben seemed like he lost his confidence in himself come fourth season. And I don't mean here academically but as a person. It was like he was perpetually ashamed during the latter part of Felicity that Felicity was "more" than him in every way. JMO.

Edited by janina, Jan 15, 2004 @ 8:38 AM.

mimiko1

mimiko1

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 9:31 AM

janina: bottom line, the 4th season was basically awful for many reasons. It's sad that the writers were so uninspired that they had to write the cheating storyline, the baby storyline and scenerios that I thought were unrealistic. I watch a few of the S4 epis but you're right Felicity and Ben are just not the characters that they were in the previous seasons.

tihana

tihana

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 6:03 PM

I was wondering if any of you could help me find some Felicity fan fiction, particulary about Felicity and Ben. During the summer, I read some great stories, and I have been trying to find them on the internet again, but it's been impossible! One was about the gang going to Mexico, another discussed Felicity getting into an accident because of Noel and then marrying Ben, and still others talked about the married life of Felicity and Ben and them having children. The stories were really in-depth and realistic, and if any of you could help me locate them, I'd really appreciate it.

Welcome to the forum! The fan fiction you're looking for used to be on this site:FAB fiction. Unfortunately, the link doesn't work anymore.

Edited by tihana, Jan 15, 2004 @ 6:06 PM.

Li25star

Li25star

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:09 PM

Welcome to the forum! The fan fiction you're looking for used to be on this site:FAB fiction. Unfortunately, the link doesn't work anymore.

Thanks for the welcome. Too bad the site doesn't exist anymore. Oh well, at least I have my memories!

Tonight WE will be playing The Storm. I really don't like watching 4th season Felicity, mainly because I thought that it was just too sad. The writers really piled up on the drama this season with the whole cheating/ Ben's dad in the hospital/ Noel's depression/ pregnancy storylines. I miss the comedy the show used to have, which is why I actually love the whole time travel episode arc. I know a lot of people didn't like it because it seemed unrealistic and went against some of the characters (Who can forget Ben cheating on Felicity with what's-her-name in Palo Alto?), but even with all of that, I still thought that the time-travel episodes were hilarious and way better than the regular 4th season episodes.

erin210

erin210

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 10:04 AM

ITA that both Felicity and Ben became shells of their formal selves in season four. I really don't like most of the episodes and hardly ever watch them, except A Perfect Match and The Graduate. I also agree that the time travel episodes were funny and brought more life into the actors, especially Speedy in Spin the Bottle. But, I overall don't like them because of the general premise- that Ben cheats on Felicity and she goes running back to Noel.

I have some good news to share about the season three DVDs:

"Also due in July  is Felicity: The Junior Year Collection (Season Three), featuring 17 episodes spread over four discs. Each set will also include a variety of bonus materials and commentary tracks. Stay tuned for finalized details as they are announced."

I saw that posting on the Felicity Page board. I am really hoping for the road trip scenes and another commentary with Speedy and Keri. I wrote Buena Vista and Disney requesting that. Here's the e-mail address: bvheinfo@bvhehelp.com

Li25Star, I have many fab fictions saved on my computer. E-mail me and I will send them to you.

Blue Castle

Blue Castle

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 11:06 PM

I really don't like watching 4th season Felicity, mainly because I thought that it was just too sad. The writers really piled up on the drama this season with the whole cheating/ Ben's dad in the hospital/ Noel's depression/ pregnancy storylines. I miss the comedy the show used to have

I haven't watched 4th season since it was first on (alas, I don't have WE) but I remember really liking it at the time (especially the first half). It had its problems, sure, but there were some great episodes. I enjoyed "Miss Conception" a lot at the time and Noel's depression storyline was very well done and believable. I also liked Ben becoming a med student and Megan and Sean's marriage. I agree that the later stuff with Lauren's pregnancy was upsetting and I hated how the writers just completely ignored Elena, but on the whole I thought it was excellent. It might have been slightly sadder, but I did think most of the characterizations rang true. I do tend to have a blind spot for Felicity though and sometimes I'm in denial about its faults.

Edited by Blue Castle, Jan 17, 2004 @ 11:07 PM.

janina

janina

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 6:51 AM

Oh! I was waiting for a long time for someone to say he/she liked Miss Conception. I liked it too. Hee. I loved how FaB looked so Barbie and Ken listening to Monica sing. Remember that scene?

Pop Culture Freak

Pop Culture Freak

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 5:27 PM

In case anyone is interested, Amy Smart will be doing a whole bunch of press for The Butterfly Effect. You can find out some of her appearances here.

Blue Castle

Blue Castle

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2004 @ 3:06 PM

Oh! I was waiting for a long time for someone to say he/she liked Miss Conception. I liked it too. Hee. I loved how FaB looked so Barbie and Ken listening to Monica sing. Remember that scene?

Was that the scene at the end when Ben showed up to support Felicity even though she thought he would be embarrased by her?

janina

janina

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 4:11 AM

Yep, that's the one. And I keep imagining that Scott Speedman really is mesmerized by Keri Russell esp that part when he took a second look at her. It didn't seem like it was scripted. But I don't know, maybe it's just me. :)

LeleAnne

LeleAnne

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 4:20 PM

"Also due in July  is Felicity: The Junior Year Collection (Season Three), featuring 17 episodes spread over four discs. Each set will also include a variety of bonus materials and commentary tracks. Stay tuned for finalized details as they are announced."

Erin210, Can you link to that webpage? I am not familiar with the one you are talking about.

But seriously? I AM SO HAPPY they are going to release those DVD's!

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 8:47 PM

For Australian Speedy fans, Channel 7, I think, is airing Duets on Sunday night, so if you can stand Gweneth Paltrow (I personally can't, but will watch anything to get some Speedy action), tune in.