Star Search

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

160 replies to this topic

Bigwheels1971

Bigwheels1971

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading (especially mysteries & autobiographies), acting, swimming, listening to music, the Internet

Posted Mar 15, 2004 @ 3:33 PM

Wasn't Vicki supposed to get a record deal anyway, after she won her season?

LightTheDeadSee

LightTheDeadSee

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 27, 2004 @ 10:41 AM

Anyone heard anything about the next season of this show? The website still has info from this past season, and I'd like to know when the next season begins. I WANT MORE ARSENIO! [/sarcasm]

missknowitall

missknowitall

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2004 @ 6:55 PM

From what I hear, the show is in limbo. My guess, it won't be returning. But I think if they could get Wayne Brady to host and a couple of b-list celebrity judges they could come back.

Bigwheels1971

Bigwheels1971

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading (especially mysteries & autobiographies), acting, swimming, listening to music, the Internet

Posted Mar 28, 2004 @ 11:45 PM

[/QUOTE]if they could get Wayne Brady to host[QUOTE]

I love that idea!

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Jun 4, 2004 @ 3:58 PM

I heard a rumor from my boyfriend's coworker who is in a band with Jake Simpson that Jake recently was on Oprah. She had a surprise waiting for him during his interview... Stevie Wonder. Stevie and Jake met and jammed a bit (Jake probably made the icky faces, no doubt), and then it was announced (I think) that Jake was going to be on Stevie's record label to record similar funk-type music. Last I heard the Oprah episode was going to air this coming Tuesday, but my source at times has been off and it may have already been aired. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by jcpdiesel21, Jun 4, 2004 @ 3:58 PM.

halllm

halllm

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 15, 2004 @ 10:33 PM

I was flipping through the channels this evening and I found the most recent season of SS on the Game Show Channel.

Bigwheels1971

Bigwheels1971

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2004 @ 2:11 AM

Alonso Bodden (Season 3 Comedy Finalist), is one of the top 10, on Last Comic Standing.

Rydell

Rydell

Posted Sep 18, 2004 @ 8:37 PM

For anyone who cares, Tiffany Evans (junior singer winner from the first season) has a record deal with Sony Music. Her debut album will be released October 12.

sirhcmeister

sirhcmeister

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 19, 2004 @ 2:38 AM

Sadly, Tiffany Evans is probably going to lose her voice before the age of 20. She's still way better than David Archuleta, Mark Meija and the like.

Bigwheels1971

Bigwheels1971

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2004 @ 2:18 PM

Hopefully, she'll work with people who won't let her blow out her voice. Does anyone know anything about what Freedom, or Jake, are up to?

cmkrcwi

cmkrcwi

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2004 @ 9:33 AM

I couldn't find anything about Freedom, but here's some Jake news:

Jake news

Jake Simpson will appear in the title role of The Who’s Tommy, the opening production in Stoneham Theatre’s 2004-2005 Mainstage Series. Jake is best known as the winner of the new CBS series “Star Search” hosted by Arsenio Hall. Since then, he’s been propelled into the national spotlight.