Oh, Pacey, you blind idiot.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

952 replies to this topic

pcgirl

pcgirl

Couch Potato

• Interests:Dawson's Creek

Posted Oct 8, 2004 @ 3:33 AM

You want to know what the truth is, Jo? I still love you, and I probably will love you for a very long time. But I can't just be your buddy. 'Cause, as much as I enjoy the concept of being just friends, in reality, it's a bizarre form of torture, and I'm just not willing to participate in it.

kyanite, he also sort of said it in The Graduate.

pretzels

pretzels

Posted Oct 8, 2004 @ 6:47 AM

Pacey said he was head over heels in love with Joey. He said he was in love with her at the end of Future Tense, Winter's Tale, Promicide, Graduate

GoodNightMoon

GoodNightMoon

Posted Oct 8, 2004 @ 8:35 AM

pretzels, I think kyanite may have just meant when did he say those three specific words in that exact order. Pacey did state or allude to his feelings for her in various ways plenty of times, but just as far as the simple statement of "I love you", I was only remembering the Promicide episode and now the one pcgirl mentioned.

Blue Castle

Blue Castle

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2004 @ 9:58 AM

And in the finale-- "I will always, always love you."

pretzels

pretzels

Posted Oct 8, 2004 @ 5:16 PM

I heard the always always was an adlib. Was it JJ or Pacey? LOL

car1fsu

car1fsu

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2004 @ 5:54 PM

Aw, I love that speech in the finale. It gives me the warm and fuzzies.

Guess I have to watch the finale again tonight when I get home from work! I could use a good P/J pick-me-up.

WiseGal

WiseGal

Posted Oct 14, 2004 @ 5:23 PM

Amazing fic writer, now a PC genius? glitter is indeed a superhero.

Edited by WiseGal, Oct 14, 2004 @ 5:24 PM.

glitter5579

glitter5579

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2004 @ 6:22 PM

I was just surprised nobody else had done it then I realised today was the last day and was like, "Somebody needs to do Pace's Salsa!"

cheeriogirl

cheeriogirl

Fanatic

• Interests:The X Files, Buffy, Dawson's Creek, Angel & early West Wing are some of my fave shows evah. I also loved Sports Night, Freaks & Geeks, Firefly, Arrested Development, Alias & Veronica Mars. Currently enjoying LOST, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, the Closer, Top Chef, Project Runway, Iron Chef America and America's Next Top Model. Enjoy various cinema, theater, dance, museums & cultural centers, reading, writing, sports (I'm a March Madness NCAA Basketball Junkie). I once enjoyed hiking and outdoors activities and hope to again, soon (have some minor rehab for injuries to go through first).

Posted Oct 14, 2004 @ 6:25 PM

glitter -- that rocks! Glad ya slipped it in there!

Pacephine

Pacephine

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 10, 2004 @ 9:02 PM

I thought I would bump this back to page one. Poor Pacey is not feeling the love.

pcgirl

pcgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2004 @ 12:24 AM

Found this site the other day - this is what Pacey has been up to since DC.

Guest lecturer from Dawson's Creek

The question is:
Should Pacey teach economics?

If I could, this is one course I would certainly like to take. LOL

cheeriogirl

cheeriogirl

Fanatic

• Interests:The X Files, Buffy, Dawson's Creek, Angel & early West Wing are some of my fave shows evah. I also loved Sports Night, Freaks & Geeks, Firefly, Arrested Development, Alias & Veronica Mars. Currently enjoying LOST, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights, the Closer, Top Chef, Project Runway, Iron Chef America and America's Next Top Model. Enjoy various cinema, theater, dance, museums & cultural centers, reading, writing, sports (I'm a March Madness NCAA Basketball Junkie). I once enjoyed hiking and outdoors activities and hope to again, soon (have some minor rehab for injuries to go through first).

Posted Nov 11, 2004 @ 12:48 AM

Oh man! I thought JJ's voice was going to be giving the lecture as well! If this professor added THAT, I would CERTAINLY find economics a lot more interesting! : ) Thanks for the link, pcgirl! That was fun!

pcgirl

pcgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 11, 2004 @ 4:20 AM

You're welcome, cheeriogirl!

I had a burning desire to study economics for about 30 seconds but alas it was just a JJ-related dream. : )

TripleMaster

TripleMaster

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2004 @ 5:23 PM

Let's toss in a big WORD for Pacey for telling Dawson off during the fishing trip episode. Oh, Pace, you never should have pandered to the little SOB ever again! You had it right. Don't be a blind idiot, Pacey! You should have thrown Dawson overboard!

cheeriogirl

cheeriogirl

Fanatic

Posted Nov 25, 2004 @ 9:18 PM

WORD, Triple! : )

CJ1

CJ1

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2004 @ 9:55 AM

Just a thought I had while reading the Dawson hate thread...you know how they say it's the villain that makes the hero great? (e.g. Darth Vader / Luke Skywalker, Lex Luthor / Superman)
Maybe Dawson being such a creep is one reason why we love Pacey so much?

cheeriogirl

cheeriogirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2004 @ 10:29 AM

Maybe Dawson being such a creep is one reason why we love Pacey so much?

Probably. I mean, I think I'd still love Pacey, but I might not have adored him quite as much if there wasn't such an intense contradictory emotion induced by Dawson. TPTB weren't ones to explore deeper complexities and subtleties (and any such elements that existed were brought to the characters fortuitously by their actors, so the Dawson character also suffered on that end as well), opting instead for the formulaic plots and simple characterizations. Also, since the D/P friendship was never wrought as deeply connective, it was easy to "choose" (for us, though apparently, not Joey!).

I was watching some of The OC (yes, catching up on DVD) and if the friendship between D/P were wrought in a more similar vein as the one between Ryan/Seth (which I think is just terrific), it might not have engendered such opposing reactions. I don't know how much of that had to do with the way TPTB dropped the ball in the writing or the IRL antagonism between The Beek/JJ -- it might have been a combo of both.

ETA: bad grammar...heee!

Edited by cheeriogirl, Dec 16, 2004 @ 11:48 AM.

swansong

swansong

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2004 @ 10:39 AM

Probably. I mean, I think I'd still love Pacey, but I might not have adored him quite as much if there wasn't such an intense contradictory emotion induced by Dawson. TPTB weren't ones to explore deeper complexities and subtleties (and any such elements that existed were brought to the characters fortuitously by their actors, so the Dawson character also suffered on that end as well), opting instead for the formulaic plots and simple characterizations. Also, since the D/P friendship was never wrought as deeply connective, it was easy to "choose" (for us, though apparently, for not Joey!).

So true and the sad part is I don't think they intended it to come across that way.I think they felt that D/P had a great friendship. I don't think they intended it to seem as dysfunctional as it did. I wouldn't have minded if they had and explored it because people do have unhealthy relationships in real life and it would have been interesting if they'd explored that dynamic especially in s4 and allowed Pacey and Dawson to acknowledge their gripes and differences with each other. But I guess that would have required better writing skills than they showed.

cheeriogirl

cheeriogirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2004 @ 11:47 AM

I wouldn't have minded if they had and explored it because people do have unhealthy relationships in real life and it would have been interesting if they'd explored that dynamic especially in s4 and allowed Pacey and Dawson to acknowledge their gripes and differences with each other. But I guess that would have required better writing skills than they showed.

ITA, swansong.

Nazarene

Nazarene

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 16, 2004 @ 5:08 PM

BWAH, swansong!

heathrowe99

heathrowe99

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2004 @ 5:39 PM

No, I would still love the character of Pacey even if Dawson weren't so loathesome.

The Tamara storyline was cheesy, but I agree with whomever mentioned "You know it is." (his first time) as being a moment that really just got me. Also, JJ has the ability to make me believe that he is really in love, and I just felt for him.

I loved the whole storyline his father, it had me sobbing S2. (Eastern Standard Time, right?)

My Pacey-love became irreversible in the scene where he finds Mrs. McPhee in world's cruelest convenience store, being mocked by the mean Capesiders. "Mrs McPhee will you make me a sandwich." Sob.

I liked the Andie relationship till it fell apart, I think that another reason why I loved this character is that when I was in college I got in way over my head with a boyfriend that had similar issues, and I know what it is like to love someone so much and not be able to save them, and to feel so much responsibility for anothers persons well being.

Season 3 he hooked me with the warmth -- the simple act of putting his arm around Joey and hugging her when she was crying on the dock -- after so many cold scenes of Dawson just looking at Joey blankly any time she showed an emotion he didn't understand. Then, the fact that he somehow was able to see that Joey was "a goddess" and I always felt that that was what Joey really needed -- someone to see her as sexual. I mean, after Dawson (who might as well be gay) and then the unfortunate turn of events when Jack turned out gay...well, that was a girl who needed someone to let her know that she was sexy. Then the unrequited love...sigh. Then the actual chemistry once it was requited...

Season 4 I thought Pacey's downward spiral, though not the storyline I wanted to see -- was actually a really compelling one, and I probably cried more s4 than any ohter. The whole, "waiting for the other shoe to drop" speech, the scene where he freaks out on his teacher during exams, Separation Anxiety, the If I had another sailboat speech....just one big sob.

S5 & 6 the show was just execreble, and I basically just tuned in to look at JJ as much as possible and hope the show would get back on track.

But, no, I definitely love Pacey for Pacey. My Dawson hate is only about 5% of my Pacey love!

pcgirl

pcgirl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2004 @ 8:25 PM

Great post heathrowe99, I'd just like to add one word Castaways.

I basically kept watching in Seasons 5 and 6 because of Pacey.

Hitwoman

Hitwoman

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2004 @ 11:28 PM

Oh, I would still have adored Pacey no matter what Dawson was like. I loved Pacey because of Pacey (and because of JJ), and I don't think a beneficent Dawson would have negated Pacey's....well, Paceyness. Of course, it was partially through Dawson's season 3 asshatiness that that I got see the full display of the aforementioned Paceyness, but I don't think it mattered all that much.

And wow. I don't think I've ever had a post with quite so many made-up words before.

cheeriogirl

cheeriogirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2004 @ 3:17 AM

*looks up* Hee! Seeing as I love me some Pacey, big time, and I said earlier maybe Dawson's asshattiness might have been what made me love him more, reading the last three posts makes me mull over that a bit. I think I ADORE Pacey b/c I hate Dawson so much, but yeah -- I would've loved him, regardless. What y'all said made me remember the love, sans the Big D. Hee! Thanks y'all... : )

CJ1

CJ1

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 17, 2004 @ 9:27 AM

Who couldn't love Pacey? He is a sensitive, lovable, witty, honest, stalwart, sensual, affable, and passionate character, played by a very, very, VERY, white-hot JJ.
When I suggested that Dawson's weenieness made us love Pacey more, I was only thinking that the glaring contrast to Dawson only highlighted Pacey's strengths.
It's so much fun to hear everyone's ruminations on such a fleeting thought.

ShiningBright

ShiningBright

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2004 @ 11:07 AM

Paging Mary Sue Witter!

tiggerr0

tiggerr0

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 17, 2004 @ 12:07 PM

ITA heathrowe99 the "You know it is" was one of the best acted lines of the whole eniter series.

I think what made me love Pacey was the fact that he was the "Bad boy" while still being a nice guy. I mean what girl doesn't want a guy who will bash a guys face in for doing her wrong and still have the whole "I remember everything" moment. I think I would have loved Pacey no matter what and I actually enjoyed it when Dawson and him got along but I think Dawson made Pacey look that much better.

skittishkitten

skittishkitten

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2004 @ 12:35 PM

I think I ADORE Pacey b/c I hate Dawson so much, but yeah -- I would've loved him, regardless.

I feel ya, cheerio. Though it's pretty hard not to love Pacey (whether D is in the picture or not), it can't be denied that Dawson's asshatiness (I think I'm catching your made-up word fever, Hitwoman! hee) made Pacey look that much better. If that is even possible. Also, I think that Dawson being an asshole made me appreciate Pacey more. Because it just sucks (in general) when you have such an asshat of a title character, so it's great that Pacey overshadows Dawson and makes up for it. Pacey is, indeed, our title character. Long live Pacey's Pond is what I say. Heh.

cheeriogirl

cheeriogirl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2005 @ 1:15 AM

Just bumping this thread up for gambeta and moving my response to his question about the less-than-endearing Pacey moments here.

TOP FIVE WORST PACEY MOMENTS (off the top of my head):

1. Pacey's sexist talk where he channeled mini-Rich Rinaldi to a bunch of new stockbroker recruits. (S6)

2. When Pacey marooned Joey in a motel room with Charlie b/c he wanted to screw Audrey. (S5)

3. When Pacey looked so satisfied & gleeful after Audrey gave him a blow-job in the woods as they returned to the car where Joey & Charlie awaited them. (S5)

4. Pacey's "after-game commentary" inclination after their first-time sex. (S4)

5. Pacey calling Dawson and telling him he regretted not saying goodbye to him the most after graduation. (CO-freakin'-DUH!) S4

ETA: gambeta already took the PROMICIDE rant off the table b/c it probably tops everyone's list as a no-brainer.

Edited by cheeriogirl, Mar 31, 2005 @ 5:04 PM.

heathrowe99

heathrowe99

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2005 @ 6:40 AM

Other bad Pacey moments include almost any interaction he had with Doug...all the homophobe jokes just seemed idiotic.

But I still love him.