Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112737 replies to this topic

SnarkKitty

SnarkKitty

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 9:59 PM

Sherrie was just glad Bill Maher is being sued because he makes jokes about her. Otherwise she'd have been just like Joy and Whoopi, claiming comedian privilege as always. "It's just a joke! He's a comedian! You can't hold anything against him."

Also? Jerszey is what happens when you let 14 year olds name their babies.

Theodora69

Theodora69

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 10:23 PM

I wonder how much co-hosts make for their day on the View. Anyone know? Also, has Whoopi ever mentioned who the father of Alex is?

Lava VaVoom

Lava VaVoom

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 10:24 PM

Who is David friggin' Miscavige? (Totally watching Piers later.)

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 10:28 PM

I wonder how much co-hosts make for their day on the View. Anyone know? Also, has Whoopi ever mentioned who the father of Alex is?

Not enough in my opinion Theodora. And Whoopi's only child is the result of her first marriage at age 17 oir 18.

Lava, David Miscavage is the head of Scientology worldwide.

High Tea

High Tea

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 11:07 PM

Randomly tuned in today to hear Joy make a remark about Govenor Christie looking like Humpty Dumpty. So tired of her demanding some people be respected while she uses comedic immunity to attack others for the way they look.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall...but all the King's Horse's and all the King's Men locked fat Joy Behar in the local pig pen...

maatkare

maatkare

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2013 @ 11:45 PM

I wonder how much co-hosts make for their day on the View

People who appear on tv are usually paid the AFTRA (now SAG/AFTRA) daily rate; I imagine a hosting rate is higher, but I would put it close to $1000--or more for "family.". Here's the current SAG/AFTRA rates. Regardless, Alex is terribly dull. I wonder if Whoopi's been begging to get her on and they finally just plain ran out of excuses.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 9:45 AM

Maybe OT but had to laugh on Chelsea Lately host Dave Grohl did an interview guest Bruce Springsteen on and said to him I heard you were going to be on The View. Why would you do that!!!? They both went on about those women and Bruce said he was scared shit-less. He said he is comfortable with women but these women are something else. It sounded lke he was going to do two days.

whydoiwatchtv

whydoiwatchtv

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 10:02 AM

This whole new year of The View has sucked hard. Now with Babs not there, Whoopi has become insufferable. She is so bossy and such a know-it-all I don't know how anyone can take listening to her. The show is so boring with its ice cold topics and lack of stories, opinions and decent guests there's almost nothing left to snark on!

topanga

topanga

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 10:23 AM

I don't even know why they bother to have guest hosts on, other than to just put an ass in the empty seat. Jewel brought up some candid things about herself today (her teeth & weight) to try and interject herself into the "Hot Topics" and she basically just got blown off and shut down by the rest of them.

I thought the regular hosts were supposed to spend a few minutes welcoming the guest hosts and talking a little about who they are. Or maybe that only happens on "The Talk." In any event, I wish Whoopi and the gang had spent a little more time talking to Jewel about or life. Or listenting when she did say something about herself instead of immediately talking over her. Seriously, does anyone tell the hosts not to do that? I happened to catch an interview with Jewel on Howard Stern's show. That young lady has been through a lot in life--homelessness, abusive parents, abandonment, you name it. And she continues to have a positive outlook on life.

I know Jewel wasn't a guest and that the hosts weren't going to do a full interview with her. But I would have liked to see her talk to the Scientology lady about overcoming obstacles and moving forward after a difficult childhood.

Randomly tuned in today to hear Joy make a remark about Govenor Christie looking like Humpty Dumpty. So tired of her demanding some people be respected while she uses comedic immunity to attack others for the way they look.

I agree, but Joy has a knack for saying things that I'm thinking. While watching the David Letterman clip, I wondered why Gov. Christie was sitting sideways in the chair with his body looking contorted and uncomfortable.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 10:26 AM

Regardless, Alex is terribly dull. I wonder if Whoopi's been begging to get her on and they finally just plain ran out of excuses.

I think they finally just plain ran out of people willing to come on this show**. And I am not even saying this to be funny or snarky. The well has apparently run dry. Very dry. Now we have to rally in the family members to fill up the seats. Tim last week, Alex this week. Should be seeing Sal soon.

**Proof: Kris Jenner today, followed by 2 of the K-spawn tomorrow. Click.

Edited by Cementhead, Feb 6, 2013 @ 11:37 AM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 12:11 PM

Today's show from beginning to end was beyond disappointing for me. First, BaWa telling us all what we already knew, then Tepid Topics. Hasselblech's voice, while interviewing the couple who adopted the Peruvian children was gut-churning. Why she goes into the voice that's a mixture of being on the verge of tears due to the magnitude of the situation, crossed with her little girl, high-pitched chirping, was beyond human tolerance.

I, too, was annoyed that they didn't pick up on the REALLY INTERESTING human interest possibilities that Jewel practically laid at their feet. Useless harpies!!! She's a truly phenomenal woman & deserves to get "her story" out there so other women will recognize & applaud her achievements.

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 12:59 PM

First, BaWa telling us all what we already knew, then Tepid Topics. Hasselblech's voice, while interviewing the couple who adopted the Peruvian children was gut-churning. Why she goes into the voice that's a mixture of being on the verge of tears due to the magnitude of the situation, crossed with her little girl, high-pitched chirping, was beyond human tolerance.

Word, word word, Medicine Crow!! You rock, Kiddo!

I must admit [while protectively curling into a fetal position to avoid potential snark] that I was glad to hear Barbara's widdle woice tewwing us she is a-wive in Chickenpoxland. "Barbara, come home!" [nostalgic Lassie theme plays in background...] I miss you! Joy is out of control with her crude jokes about scented genitalia! Whoopi's daughter is wandering around the set half asleep! Hasselblech and Sherri are goofing off at home, stretching the Superbowl into a three-day weekend! We need for you to explain to us why the lights are necessary for playing the Superbowl! We need an explanation of what lip-syncing is!

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 1:15 PM

Gee thanks, Pepperbird. Just calls them like I sees them -- LOL.

pachebo

pachebo

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 2:00 PM

Whoopi needs to find a few more vocabulary words to introduce guest/guest co-hosts. I thought that they all agreed to retire "amazing" and "fabulous" in a recent non-topic segment, yet she continues to throw out those words for pretty much anyone who can be bribed to do their show (I wonder if she calls her mail delivery person "amazing"...). I can think of so many words for Chris Jenner, but "amazing" and "fabulous" are not on the list. Ok, she may have had better plastic surgeons than her seriously freakish husband... and she spawned some of our country's most obnoxious and vapid "celebrities"... but really!

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 2:03 PM

Well I have a different opinion on Joy calling out Kris the mother of all pimps on her daughter's stupid ass comment. She showed the clip where she said that vagina's run the world and what hers smelled like so I have no problem with her bringing up how stupid all the Kardasians are.

Bitsy has given up the flattening sports bras for a padded push up ad places her hands on her hips and turns to the audience so we all can appreciate it.

edited sorry stuck keys and bad spelling

I noticed Sherri putting her hands again on some poor guys thigh the other day and thought she really needs to respect people's personal space. When Russel Brand gave her some of her own medicine she tweeted he was creepy. She can go on and on how horny and celibate she was he oftered to help her with that it does not fly.

Edited by athousandclowns, Feb 6, 2013 @ 7:53 PM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 2:19 PM

Bitsy has given up the flattting sports bras for a paddes push up ad places her hands on her hips and turns to the adeince so we all can appricate it.

I noticed that too, & thought to myself "how juvenile". Guess she's over the sporty look & going for the sexy conservative woman model. Neither one is appealing, IMO, when you're a total phoney!!!

StJoeShark

StJoeShark

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 2:42 PM

Bitsy's been on the show for a decade now and she still hasn't learned how to do an interview. Maybe it's a skill you can't learn. I don't know if it was the blue cards or Bitsy's word salad delivery style, but the interview with the couple who adopted the 5 Peruvian children was so, so awkward. Why can't the interviewees be trusted to tell their own story? That seems to be the way it works on most of the other talk shows. Ask an open ended question, listen to the response, and then follow up as appropriate.

anythingbutorange

anythingbutorange

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 2:45 PM

Actually, it was different than that - it was a segment where they were showing him having a good sense of humor about his weight. Sherri even scolded Joy for the Humpty Dumpty line, which was refreshing.

CathinAZ

CathinAZ

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 3:18 PM

Tuned in to see if there was an update about Barbara. Nice to hear her via phone call! This incident hit her hard...sidelined her from TV for several weeks.

Would have turned the show off after that, and especially because that Kardashian woman was on - Blech! - but stayed on to hear from the family that adopted the Peruvian kids. Neat story! Nice that Proctor and Gamble provided support for the family and that university gift will be a life changer for all ofmthe kids. Fabulous.

And I see Elizabeth has not changed. She actually directed a long rambling comment/question to words the older boy and then ended by flipping a question to the Mom. WTF? Interviewing classes must not be a priority for her! And during Hot topics she was scratching her leg and arm to the point of distraction. That nervous habit of hers (or maybe she has psoriasis or something) is one of the reasons I stopped taping the show months ago. She is really awful on TV and hard to watch.

Lava VaVoom

Lava VaVoom

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 3:30 PM

Why can't the interviewees be trusted to tell their own story?

Because people who aren't professional communicators can't speak coherently and succinctly on TV, and usually hem and haw and uh and stutter and stammer their way through their stories. Skilled interviewers (not this bunch) will bring their stories out in the most interesting way. I don't think Babs is that good, because everything is all about her. Remember the dating lady and her algorithms of a few days ago?

jvermeer5

jvermeer5

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 3:30 PM

Maybe Lizza has been out having a boob job rather than changing bras.

Morgalisa

Morgalisa

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 3:45 PM

Sherri really really really needs to stop placing her hand on the male guests thighs. She has said that she is touchy feely, but I don't think she does this to women guests.

Tunia

Tunia

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 4:06 PM

Even after all these years in broadcasting, BaWa is still confused by the 7-second delay! Isn't that the very first rule of call-in talk radio/TV...TURN DOWN YOUR RADIO/TV WHEN PHONING IN!!!

Looks like Bitsy is once again morphing. Now that she's a grand lady of Greenwich, she's pulling out the preppy, pouty suburban look. The girl has no clue as to her own identity...she "becomes" whatever she feels is expected of her to fit the situation. It's juvenile, and a sign of total insecurity. It was almost laughable (when it was't sad!) to see her wither when sitting next to her own husband.

Kris Jenner is a total waste of space.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 6:36 PM

Sherri really really really needs to stop placing her hand on the male guests thighs. She has said that she is touchy feely, but I don't think she does this to women guests.

She doesn't do it to women nor to men whom she considers gay or or unappealing for any number of reasons.
I've noticed that when they have too many people in those grouped chairs, somehow Elisabeth has a lot of room at her end while Whoopi and Joy seem to be crowded at the other end. Elisabeth is able to do her signature leg-cross into Sherri's space.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 7:44 PM

Kris Jenner is a total waste of space.

And she's getting her own talk show?? I.feel.sick.

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 8:14 PM

Randomly tuned in today to hear Joy make a remark about Govenor Christie looking like Humpty Dumpty...

It's disturbing to see how many comedians, newspeople, and sundry folk feel comfortable reaching out to slap or tease Gov Chris Christie for weighing more than they are comfortable with. Just like mean kids on the playground, they are bullies who are jealous of his popularity and amused at his angry and justifiable response.

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 8:20 PM

Why are the majority of questions that Sherri asks started out with "It's funny..." someone pointed that out upthread, and now I'm starting to notice it.

I thought once she married Sal that she would retire the lusty single woman who needs a man routine. It wasn't funny when we didn't know about Sal, and it's definitely not funny now that she's married.

Edited by JCScantling, Feb 7, 2013 @ 6:04 PM.

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 9:01 PM

Why she goes into the voice that's a mixture of being on the verge of tears due to the magnitude of the situation, crossed with her little girl, high-pitched chirping, was beyond human tolerance.

I HATE that voice. She sounds like Beaker from the Muppets.

I also hate that the world has made me this cynical and distrustful, but I really don't know what to think of that Peruvian orphan story. We heard from only one of the kids, and from him - one word. I do understand that there's a language issue, but why couldn't this show spring for an interpreter? I did some research and the father is a pastor of a nondenominational church, so I wonder if those kids will ever set foot in the Catholic school that gave them the scholarships.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 9:36 PM

Hasselblech's voice, while interviewing the couple who adopted the Peruvian children was gut-churning. Why she goes into the voice that's a mixture of being on the verge of tears due to the magnitude of the situation, crossed with her little girl, high-pitched chirping, was beyond human tolerance.

Geezus Christ, you aren't kidding MedicineCrow. I swear it's getting worse too - veering into The Chipmunks territory. I could barely stand to listen to it even though after all these years I should be immune by now.

And how super cheap of this show to exploit the presentation of that school's generous gift and not even toss a Disneyland trip (or something) their way? The audience probably took home more from The Spew than that family. Shame on you show.

Must be laundry day at the Hasselbech house - at least that's what Bits's outfit looked like to me.

I did some research and the father is a pastor of a nondenominational church, so I wonder if those kids will ever set foot in the Catholic school that gave them the scholarships.

I don't know anything about Avila but I went to a Jesuit college that had plenty of non-Catholic students. Same with elementary school - if it's a good school and the price is right, they will go. I think the invitation included becoming involved even as teens - I thought it was a very generous offer or as Sherri said, "Paying for college isn't no small feat." Sheesh.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Feb 6, 2013 @ 9:43 PM.

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2013 @ 9:57 PM

I don't know anything about Avila but I went to a Jesuit college that had plenty of non-Catholic students.

Agreed. My inartfully phrased point was actually that depending how born-again or fundamentalist the parents are, they may not send their kids to Catholic schools, given the distrust that some evangelicals harbor towards Catholicism.