Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112663 replies to this topic

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 1:12 PM

Is KaDee Strickland married to an ABC Suit or something? Because I had never even heard of her before until she started showing up as a guest on The View 3 or 4 or 20 times. Cripes. I've lost track of how many times she's been on.

She's on an ABC show, Private Practice, so I imagine that other than the fact that the women must really like her it's also a chance for ABC to promote their in-house talent. Kind of like how the women are always talking about other ABC shows in hot topics like The Bachelor. Scandal is also an ABC so I expect we will see a lot of that cast as well.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 1:27 PM

She's on an ABC show, Private Practice

Oh, I know that Turkish, but I still feel like she has been on soooo many times. Way more times than say, Kate Walsh, for instance. Maybe she is just a glutton for punishment and actually enjoys being there, who the hell knows? I thought Private Practice was done & over with so I just didn't get why she was there ... yet again. Maybe it's because the way she spells her name is really bugging me, LOL.

As far as Scandal goes, it's about time that show got some extra promotion in! As a very, very late comer to the show (watched it all in 2 days just after Christmas) I can see why so many people have yet to catch on to it -- because of the lack of promoting and exposure. So, I was happy to see them on there today because up until this point, I think this show has been largely ignored, promotion-wise.

Edited by Cementhead, Jan 30, 2013 @ 1:31 PM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 2:45 PM

Another Bitsyism: Everyone's getting "ramped up" about the Super Bowl commercials. Who does this bird-brain woman have conversations with that she would not be able to absorb even the basic colloquialisms used every day. GAWD!!! I'm sure the words lacking in her limited vocabulary are amped up.
And yes, Shit-for-Brains-Sherri is back to her "It's so funny" sentence openings.
And, I was really annoyed when she hurried the guy along to bring out the finished cornbread so she could stuff her face!! I also noticed that she didn't say "This is Gooooood!"

Edited by MedicineCrow, Jan 30, 2013 @ 2:47 PM.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 3:03 PM

Right - Sherri didn't comment....rather the held the cornbread and then took a bite of another whatever Tim "made" for the COMMERCIAL. Man - then Tim had to explain twice why not add all the ingredients at the same time. Sigh

CathinAZ

CathinAZ

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 3:50 PM

Haven't been taping The View for over a year because I had enough of Elizabeth scratching her arms, legs, and head almost every time she speaks...so annoying and distracting. However, I am home this week and I have made it a point of watching the Hot Topics segment to see what they say about Barbara's medical predicament.
I have no idea who Kaydee Strickland is and never watched The Practice (is that what they said she was on?) but I thought her comments were smart and spot-on today. She came across as savvy, reasonable and likeable! Good candidate for replacing Elizabeth!
Also noticed the glitzy, large, trashy necklaces elizabeth has been wearing and the one Sherri had on today (which is the only one I liked). My guess is that either one of the ladies is coming out soon with a glitzy necklace line on HSN or the show's stylist has been co-opted by some jewelry designer who said these things are going to be the new trend of the Spring and she's jumped on the band wagon and is making Elizabeth and Sherri wear them to be "in style". Blech!
And I see Whoppie is still into her comfy clothing and wild shoes....that's her signature style and more power to her for sticking to it and wearing what she wants. Good for her!
Hope Barbara learned a lesson to not push herself in the future. At her age, she needs to take it easy. Chicken Pox and/or shingles is going to take a toll on her and,, given her slight frame and underweight body, it won't be easy to bounce back quickly and the fall and illness may have made doctors aware of other underlying medical issues. Whatever her dear friend Cindy Adams wrote about her condition was carefully crafted and planned with Bab's direct input!

Edited by CathinAZ, Jan 30, 2013 @ 4:01 PM.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 3:57 PM

I love Andrea Bocelli and glad they did not screw up his segment too bad other than bringing David Fosters wife into it. Guess what David, if she won't engage in the drama she will be off the RHBH fast. She does her share of looking down her nose at anyone one who is not living their life as she does. Not impressed.

Edited by athousandclowns, Jan 30, 2013 @ 3:58 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 8:40 PM

And I have completely OD'ed on Sherri's "You know, it's so funny because ..." sentence opener. She's been falling back on that A LOT this week and I can't take it anymore. The rage is building.

Oh come on now, sometimes she uses, "You know, it's so interesting...." instead. Because everything Sherri reads off her blue cards is either funny or interesting. I feel your rage Cementhead. In fact, I'm all "ramped" up about it.

Right - Sherri didn't comment....rather the held the cornbread and then took a bite of another whatever Tim "made" for the COMMERCIAL. Man - then Tim had to explain twice why not add all the ingredients at the same time. Sigh

Unilever should get their money back for that commercial. Poor Ted Allen. Nice how Sherri screwed up his name and then stepped on the viewer's scripted question. What a pro.

I guess Sherri can't eat lasagna because of her diabetes but shoving a piece of cornbread in her pie hole is just fine. Maybe thinking about her upcoming book promotion while promoting fake butter is just too much to ask of her tiny brain.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Jan 30, 2013 @ 8:41 PM.

ginger90

ginger90

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 8:50 PM

I have no idea where Sherri gets her information regarding a diabetic diet. She needs to stop passing along her "facts". A diabetic can indeed eat lasagna, just not in the portions Sherri herself would eat. And now a book. Goodness!

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:53 PM

Whoopi looked like she'd just grabbed the bedclothes, wrapped herself up, and swept out the door this morning. Didn't that outfit look like part of her bedspread?

springtime

springtime

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:53 PM

Sherri tweeted that today's necklace is a Lis Sophia- I was just at a party (went for the wine)
The new catalog is debuting- so that may explain the jewelry Bitsy has been wearing as well.

Sherri probably has become a LS sales person!- she works (and travels) all the time while Sal lives a life of leiaure

Edited by springtime, Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:55 PM.

Stacee1

Stacee1

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 9:52 AM

Hasselbeck seems to think the actors decide how the story will go.

HASSELBECK: And talk about chemistry...your two characters...I mean...you're...ya know...the...the political fixer in YOU...and the president in YOU....I don't know how you're going to fix
the mess that they end up getting back together. How you going to make that smooth...nice and smooth...in...in Washington?

WASHINGTON: Well luckily, we don't have to write it.

And I'm still traumatized by the latest Whoopi wear. The blanket disguised as a coat/shawl, the big button down top, the baggy pants and then the Asian -like shoes...and did she have lace socks on with them?
Just ugh.

Edited by Stacee1, Jan 31, 2013 @ 9:54 AM.

Morgalisa

Morgalisa

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 10:30 AM

Whoopi wears socks all the time, with every shoe style. She said one time her feet were "crusty" and she never shows them.

Oh yeah, I call BS on Whoopi being so kind and caring and generous. When Drew Barrymore said that Whoopi gave her lotion it was just another way for Whoopi to show her superiority; because of course, Whoopi knows what everyone needs for whatever is ailing them.

But she can't figure out that Vaseline and sleeping with socks on will solve her "crust" problem.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 12:29 PM

Crusty feet, stinky lingerie, no dentist visits, nail brushes to get the fecal matter out from under her nails, bidets, gas, leaking problems --- that Whoopi; she's a charmer, ain't she? What a true lady.

Today she was an influenza expert, too. She tells them all she has the flu right now, but she isn't contagious. Her medical knowledge also included tips about Purell (not working) and nail brushes (again). Good thing she was there to help out the Doctor.

And hey Sherri -- Strut much??? Who caught her sashaying out to the desk this morning? Someone sure was feeling like she was all that & a bag of Doritos, wasn't she?

Edited by Cementhead, Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:11 PM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:06 PM

You're SO right, Cementhead, Sherri has no reason to think she's "all that" when she struts across the floor. She looked like a purple blimp with feet. My Gawd, her stylist must hate her.
I nearly choked on my toast when she started preaching to Brandi about bad-mouthing her ex-husband & how it would impact their children, when Sherri did nothing BUT bad-mouth her ex when she started on the show. They could barely shut her up & I remember BaWa stopping her several times from running off at the mouth. What a friggin hypocrite!! And she can also lose that stupid accent she puts on when she's preaching -- it makes my stomach churn.
One thing I can't reconcile is that she seems successful outside of The Spew, but is so ignorant & totally devoid of common sense almost every time she opens her mouth on The Spew.

Check this out. The Soup showing a loop of Bitsy looking like the idiot she is.
http://www.thesouptv.com/latest

Edited by MedicineCrow, Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:23 PM.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:38 PM

Sherri's hand gesturing is SO distracting. She does it all.the.time,

And yes, she also atruts a lot.

That blouse with cut out arms did her no favors.

Stacee1

Stacee1

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:01 PM

Morgalisa said:

She said one time her feet were "crusty" and she never shows them.

And now I'm mad at you for putting that image in my head. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Cary

Cary

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 4:27 PM

Sherri had a bad day all around! Here is her gem during the dr. segment, when talking about BW and the chicken pox
(not an exact quote, but darn close)....
'BW wasn't vaccinated with the chicken pox vaccine, but somehow she still got it....can you explain how that could happen?' Duh!!!

And how about continually referring to "the" Whooping Cough!

Yeah, Whoopi, I'm sure you have Norovirus. Yup, sure. Sigh...

vinyl

vinyl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 6:44 PM

I've noticed some people adding that "the" before diseases, etc. before. Not sure what that's all about. "The" gout, "the" whooping cough, "the" cancer.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 7:42 PM

Sorry Whoopi you do NOT have Noro virus. I had it and you would not be at work and you are contagious for 3 days before you get the symptoms and three days after you recover. You would be hugging the toilet not sitting there all knowing. If she put her fecal laden fingernails into the dip everyone would be at risk. There is NO vacine for it either.
So is the rep for the jewlerly they are donning?

snowbunny54

snowbunny54

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 9:41 PM

(looking around for lightning bolts...) I liked the outfit Bitsy had on the other day..the lacy white blouse and red pants and NO awful necklace.

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 9:51 PM

She said one time her feet were "crusty" and she never shows them.

There.are.no.words. Whoopi and Elisabeth should get together for a scratching party. As long as we don't have to watch.

Poor Barbara might want to join them, considering her current visit to chickenpoxland.

Edited by Pepperbird, Jan 31, 2013 @ 9:55 PM.

Theodora69

Theodora69

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 10:28 PM

I have to admit that I am enjoying these shows without BW!

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:38 PM

I have to admit that I am enjoying these shows without BW!

I haven't been watching much, but today was enjoyable--no Barbara AND no Elisabeth. Guess Sherri tried to play the short-skirt card in EH's place.

Note to Sherri: There was no chicken pox vaccine when Barbara was growing up.

I nearly choked on my toast when she started preaching to Brandi about bad-mouthing her ex-husband & how it would impact their children, when Sherri did nothing BUT bad-mouth her ex when she started on the show.

I agree, MedicineCrow. And wasn't that bad-mouthing the basis of her stand-up act and then sitcom?

She's bringing her act to a very nice venue in my city (Tempe) where they'll be taping for a one-hour special. WHY??

(Fixed spelling error)

Edited by Former Nun, Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:39 PM.

Theodora69

Theodora69

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:52 PM

I nearly choked on my toast when she started preaching to Brandi about bad-mouthing her ex-husband & how it would impact their children, when Sherri did nothing BUT bad-mouth her ex when she started on the show.
I agree, MedicineCrow. And wasn't that bad-mouthing the basis of her stand-up act and then sitcom?

Sherri talks so much on her TV shows (and acts) that she must forget what she has said previously! She practically made her exhusband part of her act but she forgets that people remember all that she has said!

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:59 PM

I don't buy for a minute that BW has chicken pox. Sadly, I don't think we will see BW alive again. I think she is in an irreversible coma and they are rallying her family (Jacqui) to make the all too difficult decision. If this turns out to be true, I hope Jacqui takes comfort in knowing that her mother died doing what she loved--being in the center of an historic moment. Love her or hate her, she was/is a legend.

That said, I would love to see her come back and kick some ass.

Edited by Xingu, Feb 1, 2013 @ 12:02 AM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 12:12 AM

It looks like the gang of idiots won't have Chris Cuomo to fill time er, appear on legal segments or co-host anymore. I read today that CNN just picked him up and are planning on giving him his own morning show. Guess they will have to go back to using Tim Hasselbeck for taped Guy Day Fridays.

I didn't make it through the show today but it was nice without Bits and Babs. But on the downside, without those two Sherri never shuts up.

I don't know why KaDee (really?) has been there for three days - maybe she needed the money what with her show cancelled and all but I can't help but like her. She doesn't seem intimidated by these morons and makes Bitsy look like the amatuer she really is - even after all these years.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 12:48 AM

It looks like the gang of idiots won't have Chris Cuomo to fill time er, appear on legal segments or co-host anymore. I read today that CNN just picked him up and are planning on giving him his own morning show. Guess they will have to go back to using Tim Hasselbeck for taped Guy Day Fridays.

As much as I would love to be rid of that pompous ass, I'm not sure his changing nets will change things. We routinely see asshats from Fox on this show.

Oh, but wait, for Sweatie Geddie Fox equals Good, CNN equals Evil. So we shall see.

Haleth

Haleth

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 12:14 PM

How pathetic is it that the only guests they can book are other ABC employees, reality show whores, and the hosts' relatives?

OC Family Van

OC Family Van

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 12:38 PM

Ok, I haven't seen this show in months but why in the world would they think that people want to see Sherry and Elizabeth's husbands? Although, I guess I'd rather seem them than Sherry and Elizabeth. I tuned in for the last 20 minutes or so and saw the Vanderpump lady discussing her show. I was caught a bit off guard at Whoopi's dig against Faye Resnick. I know why I don't like Faye Resnick but did Whoopi explain her reasons for disliking her?

CattyTiger

CattyTiger

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2013 @ 1:25 PM

Tom Bergeron is a great guest. But, of course, he can't have much time when there's so much stupid crap to inflict upon us. I really wanted to hear more from him. Not like he doesn't have good stories to share. Disappointing.