Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112860 replies to this topic

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 2:15 PM

Wow. Donnie Wahlberg lost a great deal of weight recently. I am not saying he was fat or chubby then, but, man, he looks thinner than the other members of NKOTB.

Talented Tenth

Talented Tenth

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 3:16 PM

Leave it to Pig Geddie to try to downplay the inauguration. Of course they couldn't ignore it all together, but they opened the show talking about NKOTB?

boomj

boomj

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 3:30 PM

I just watched a short clip of the opening of today's show and nearly ruined another keyboard! Bits had the nerve to say she loved the "freshness" of the First Lady..remember when she said that Michele Obama was NOT fresh like Ms McCain?

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 3:33 PM

I am really questioning my need to watch this crap that only makes me feel old and out of sorts. Yeah they really downplayed yesterday but hey Bitsy was a head of our first lady by getting bangs first.
I try to think back of who I would be so excited about as far a group and can not imagine myself squealing for them all these years later. It is embarrassing.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 3:48 PM

Don't say anything bad about Boyz To Men...those dudes rock and they made really good music in the 90s. They were a true R&B group from Philly.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 4:11 PM

The Spew missed talking about Oprah's interview with Lance Armstrong. Now, they reduce the inaugeration to FLOTUS' bangs and an unrelated Biden blooper with zero mention of MLK Day.

But we did get an hour long Old Man Boy Band convention/concert promotion. I liked when they asked 98 Degrees why they were doing this and Nich Lachey said, "For the fans" instead of the obvious, "for the money." Whoopi did have a point about all these guys actually being able to sing though as opposed to so many performers aimed at kids these days.

What was going on with Bitsy's accessories today? Big pink bracelet and cheap rhinestone collar necklace? Maybe it was supposed to distract me from her soccer mom outfit with heels.

ETA:

try to think back of who I would be so excited about as far a group and can not imagine myself squealing for them all these years later. It is embarrassing.

This whole show is embarrassing but that audience looked worse than the co-hosts [for a change] on this point - although Sherri gave them a run for their money.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Jan 22, 2013 @ 4:25 PM.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 4:39 PM

Barbara got hurt a couple of days ago and the show could not do anything at all to try and make up for her not being there. Sad. They were lost without Babs talking about the inaugeration. No plan B for this show. Oh no.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 4:46 PM

I gave up this show months ago, but dammitalltohell, Patrick Duffy, my first crush ever is scheduled for this week, so of course I'll be watching. Well, recording it. I'm just hoping the harpies will keep their jabbers shut while he speaks.

Staleepisode

Staleepisode

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 4:52 PM

As someone has mentioned before, when an elderly person falls it is a very serious thing - especially if they have started showing a dip in their congnitive powers. It is actually referred to as "the begining of the end" by a lot of people. Both of my parents suffered falls and began to decline not long after. I remember when George Burns was (I think) 100, everyone was saying how with it he was. He suffered a fall in his home and died not long after.
I don't wish anything bad to happen to Barbara, but I also would not be surprised if she either does not return to The View, or returns in a minor capacity. (I almost wrote "limited capacity" but that can be taken two ways!)

Vinyasa

Vinyasa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 5:24 PM

I just watched a short clip of the opening of today's show and nearly ruined another keyboard! Bits had the nerve to say she loved the "freshness" of the First Lady..remember when she said that Michele Obama was NOT fresh like Ms McCain?

I didn't watch today so my keyboard is ok. Yep, remember the "other candidate's wife that shall remain nameless". Bits is such a twit.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 5:59 PM

Ugh - what a waste of a show. And I swear Sherri is too old to have cared about these teeny bopper bands back in the day. I can excuse Bitsy because she was right in their demographic, but Sherri is ten years too old.

susieq147

susieq147

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 6:46 PM

Well since Sherri has the maturity of a teenybopper, yeah I could believe she pees her pants over any and all boy bands. In all seriousness though, did we get transported back to the 90's? Maybe it's just me but I do not care at all about any of those bands.

Did Elisabeth really say football players wives get upset when their husband's team doesn't go to the Super Bowl because they are mad about not getting a bigger paycheck? WTF?

jcsc

jcsc

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 7:10 PM

Is Barbara still in the hospital? Was there any update given today?

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 7:22 PM

Yes, she has a fever and the doctors are making her stay until it's gone, but it's going in the right direction. I assume she's in a DC hospital, but they didn't say.

Besides Hillary Clinton's fall/concussion at home, my mother slipped on a rainy sidewalk in NYC & hit her head on a planter outside a big building and got a concussion in Dec & I fainted in the shower before I realized I had pneumonia earlier this month & cut my forehead open, requiring a trip to the emergency room for stitches. So I'm in no position to say BW's missed step had anything to do with age. If she has a fever, I bet she was sick with flu or worse and was attempting to power through. What this month has taught me is that when you are sick, your body needs rest and you have to stay in bed no matter what is going on at work.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 9:05 PM

oops. nevermind.

Edited by King Cat Sam, Jan 22, 2013 @ 9:07 PM.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 9:07 PM

But what youth potion was Boyz To Men holding on to? They look pretty good for guys who are pushing in their late 40s. Shawn looked the same as he did in the 90s. You have to give Boyz To Men some credit...they could sing anything. I even know every song they did in the 90s.

Edited by RL1, Jan 22, 2013 @ 9:08 PM.

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2013 @ 10:52 PM

If that makes you sick (and understandably so) do NOT go to the twit's Twitter page. She's claiming her kids are asking to rewatch the Inauguration because they love the First family so much, and she puts up a picture of the Christmas card the Bidens sent her (oh Biden, how could you?) She then hashtags this all with a gem of her own creation, "#RaiseaPatriot". This woman has no idea what patriotism is. It ain't watching a tv program or running marathons while waving a flag.

And in classic Bitsy passive-aggressive bitch mode, she re-tweets one of her fans who claims that Michelle Obama copied Bitsy's new hairdo.

Sherri has the Gisele Bundchen story wrong from last year. She didn't call out Welker specifically for not catching Tom's passes, she just groused in a moment of anger (at a drunk Giants fan harassing her) that Tom couldn't throw and catch the ball at the same time.

springtime

springtime

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 6:54 AM

That is VP Biden! He sent us a Christmas Card!" "that was really thoughtful right mommy?"

What child tslks like that???

I am surprised that her twitter account (and the others) don't have Get Well wishes for Barbara.

(and Since Grace has actually met Barbara- a "made up" twitter quote from her would be more believable that the Joe Biden one)

Edited by springtime, Jan 23, 2013 @ 6:56 AM.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 8:50 AM

I hope "began running a fever" is not code for "began goosing the nurses hard and calling her water pitcher 'Senator'."

Sometimes there is mercy in accidents like this. The View audience has had, in my opinion, to watch Barbara drift and get blurry. Maybe BW's loved ones will step in and say enough with live television.

Of course I think Bitsy thinks she's ready for the top hosting position and will poke her rodent nose right up front. After all, she is on several politicians' auto-mail Christmas card list, she works out ALL the time, and her daughter makes keen observation on political structure. The fact that she's peddled glutenless snack bars and watched Jeff Probst piss behind a tree is only the icing on the cake.

And I agree that it is pretty sad that four grown-ass women couldn't come up with a few real observations about a presidential inauguration. Four women chosen randomly from the audience would probably been able to contribute something about history, politics or the groundbreaking inaugural speech. "Pat Nixon's cloth coat"? Are you serious?

Edited by TedHinD, Jan 23, 2013 @ 8:51 AM.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 11:06 AM

Did Elisabeth really say football players wives get upset when their husband's team doesn't go to the Super Bowl because they are mad about not getting a bigger paycheck? WTF?

Ditto. How much do you need Bitsy? So pathetic. And the Patsies lost. Get over it. I'm no Ray Lewis fan but come on.

And 3/4 of the show that I deleted and refused to watch was all about NKOTB....NO THANKS. Never a fan and now they have to do this to me. LOL.

Jeanolo

Jeanolo

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 3:15 PM

I can now take or leave this show, and it's mostly leave, but I've been home sick, so I decided to watch today's crapfest. They didn't even mention Babs, if I remember correctly. I wish I had taped the show, 'cause you should not miss Whoopi and Sherry get into it over the Snoop Dogg football camp or some such program for youth as young as nine or so, and Snoop said he would give advice to any kid who asked him about weed. Well, Sherri was having none of it, and it was fun to watch them spar. Whoopi tried her best to "inform" Sherri that kids NEED to seek out reliable mentors for honest answers about the "safe" use of pot.

I never could have imagined this sort of conversation on TV when I was a wee lass growing up in the '60's and '70's. My how times have changed.

Whoopi and Joy also tried to edumacate Miss Sherri about "pro-life" versus "anti-abortion," but I don't think they changed her thinking one little bit.

Am I the only one who doesn't watch 30 Rock? The clip they showed didn't make me want to jump up and see what I've been missing. Tracy Morgan is an interesting enough guest, but seems a little nuts. Or just hyper. Or just happy to be alive and rich, lol. He reminds me of Shrek. Do we really want a spin-off of Tracy and Sherri as a family?

I think Ali Wentworth is hilarious, and I'm glad she had her bags removed. I always thought she should from the moment I laid eyes on her years ago. They aren't completely gone, but she looks much better. Of course Whoopi knows everyone who has had plastic surgery and which doctors they used. I am not a big fan of plastic surgery, but I think if it's used for things that just stick out like a sore thumb, and you have the extra money to spare (I don't, but sometimes wish I could give myself a little "freshening"), go for it.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 3:28 PM

Bitsy thinks she's ready for the top hosting position and will poke her rodent nose right up front.

Oh, thank you, TedHinD, for the first laugh out loud moment of the day!

No mention of BaWa. Not a great sign.

I have to ask, did Elisabeth run into Caroline from Two Broke Girls and mug her for her necklace today?

CattyTiger

CattyTiger

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 3:58 PM

I caught the Snoop Dog "discussion." Sherri acted like he was teaching them how to roll pot and promoting it - dumbass. If these kids are already partaking, if he can't discourage them, he does need to warn them about dangers they can encounter. Sherri acted like she was from "Reefer Madness." The truth is always good whether it's about sex, drugs or alcohol.

gossipwonk

gossipwonk

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 4:11 PM

That whole Snoop Dog discussion floored me. I have never heard of any overdosing on Marijuana and I have never heard of anyone who couldn't figure out how to use it. The only advice I ever needed was when I moved to a new town on where I could find someone who sold it. I couldn't watch any more after that. It just made me wish I had a joint.

Edited by gossipwonk, Jan 23, 2013 @ 4:12 PM.

Jupiter84

Jupiter84

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 5:21 PM

If a 9 year old is going to ask a question about drugs, why would Snoop even engage an answer, dumb ass will open himself up for some parent to sue him if something happens to that kid.

parisgal3

parisgal3

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 6:10 PM

Ugh. I found myself agreeing somewhat with Elisabeth today re: the Star Spangled Banner. I don't understand why they have someone singing it. They should have someone leading it and everyone sing it. Can you imagine a million voices on the Mall singing our national anthem? That would be amazing. Though perhaps a nightmare for the sound people.

About 30 Rock: Tracy is crazy, always. And it's not a show you're going to see a random clip of and go "that looks funny, I should watch that". You're way more likely to go "what the what did I just watch?". It's a great, funny, smart show that you just have to jump into and you will most likely fall in love.

Can Barbara stay away forever, please? It's so much better without her.

Edited by parisgal3, Jan 23, 2013 @ 6:19 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 6:21 PM

And I agree that it is pretty sad that four grown-ass women couldn't come up with a few real observations about a presidential inauguration. Four women chosen randomly from the audience would probably been able to contribute something about history, politics or the groundbreaking inaugural speech. "Pat Nixon's cloth coat"? Are you serious?

Ah but to be fair TedHinD, these four morons are only there for the paycheck. They could not care less about putting out quality or even reasonable discussions. As long as the checks clear and they can get out early to do their other gigs, Whoopi, Joy, Sherri, and Bitsy will continue to show up.

I am convinced any pre-show prep is limited to getting their hair and makeup done and Whoopi even skips that part preferring the wake and bake routine. So they leave the content to the fantastic production team headed by Lifetime Achievment Daytime Emmy winner Sweaty Bill Geddie (which makes me question all Emmys.) These people are probably his otherwise unemployable nephews, nieces, etc. who work on this show part time. It seems they try to limit their research to headlines on yesterday's Yahoo homepage, The Enquirer, and TMZ and are unconcerned with any fact checking. The exception to this may be Barbara Walters who mostly knows her shit but one 83 year old woman cannot do everything.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 6:31 PM

Snoop Dog: Apparently Sherri thinks only the children of single mothers will be playing in a youth football league AND they'll all want to be on Snoop's team because he's a star. Sherri would rush her desperate self or her son to join anything having to do with a star--no matter the reputation, arrest record, or ethics. She's still defending Chris Brown.

She was MAD today!

Star Spangled Banner: I agree somewhat with Parisgal3. Most would sing along with our nation's anthem at huge events, but when stars are hired the version is rarely anything we could keep up with...too many riffs and fancy notes. I'd love to see Elisabeth on a stage with Beyonce, trying to sing with her--or maybe singing along with the Jimi Hendrix version. The stars are hired for what producers consider audience appeal; we know we're not supposed to try to sing along with them. There are innumerable opportunities to sing The National Anthem every week.

Instead of ripping on the non-singing public, Elisabeth should work (actually w-o-r-k) on committees who plan the events to try to make the changes she gripes about.

Morgalisa

Morgalisa

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 6:53 PM

I am so sick of Sherri and the "single mother" crap. I was a single mother for years and I don't think I ever used that phrase. There are some single mothers out there that have challenges, but Sherri is not one of them. And Sherri has said Jeffrey's father is a great father and that Sal is very involved with Jeffrey. She tries to identify with single mothers the way Elisabeth tries to identify with the harried mom/housewife role. I don't think women are buying it from either of them.

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2013 @ 7:13 PM

I did have the same reaction as Elisabeth about the singing at the inauguaration. The singing of the national anthem is frequently becoming a performance for the audience, rather than a shared celebration for all. Beyonce and others have recently sung it like a sexy ballad for their lovers.

Whoopi finally jumped the shark today, trying to convince us that the people who decide to get an abortion are somehow performing a loving act. They love children, Whoopi insisted. They just can't have them. Whoopi wants to have her cake and eat it too

Edited by Pepperbird, Jan 23, 2013 @ 7:16 PM.