Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112705 replies to this topic

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

But he's a free man, did time, seems to have changed a lot recently ... I'm not going to dismiss him for life.

Prison doesn't necessarily mean rehabilitation. I continue to dismiss him as a rapist and a wife beater because he maintains a position that he's innocent. I don't know what change you see, but I still see a sexist in denial about his behavior. If he had truly changed, he would be talking about how he reformed his bigotry against women and I would see him trying to make up for his previous sexism by using his celebrity to stop violence against women (like teaming up with Men Against Violence). I have seen none of that. The only thing that has changed is the date - it has been a while since a woman has reported him as a rapist or woman beater - but that doesn't mean he is reformed.

Edited by GrrlPower, Dec 7, 2012 @ 2:49 PM.

gossipwonk

gossipwonk

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

Saffron-thank you for the information on Echols. I have seen several shows on this case over the years. I cannot imagine the hell those guys went through. I felt like Echols should not have been on this shit fest because they cause me anxiety just watching them. To be clear-I wasn't criticizing him. I just noticed he seemed different that he seemed when I have watched him on previous shows. He had to be aggravated by Sherri's stupid questions. I know I was. I didn't watch the show today, but it is indeed shocking for Tyson to say something like that in light of the tragedy with his daughter no matter who was in charge of her at the time.

whydoiwatchtv

whydoiwatchtv

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

I didn't care for a convicted rapist on the panel today. I try to like Mike but I just can't. Bitsy in that wig looked a little like Casey Anthony at times so today's show was very high on the creepo meter.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 3:15 PM

A show that's supposed to be for women, by women? So they feature a rapist/wifebeater as co-host and have a guest who claims that successful women are waging a war on men.

I didn't make it past the introduction. I have better things to do with an hour today than watch the Phyllis Schafly Show For Self-Loathing Females..

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 3:17 PM

I didn't care for a convicted rapist on the panel today. I try to like Mike but I just can't. Bitsy in that wig looked a little like Casey Anthony at times so today's show was very high on the creepo meter.

I guess when the stars won't come on you get stuck with child killers and wife beaters. (And in Echols's case a dog torturer to boot).

Elisabeth did resemble Casey Anthony. I think Elisabeth wants to appear precious, but that ship has sailed.

Still remarkable that the show isn't live on Friday. When the production keeps slowing down why cut hours?

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

I still like Whoopi. I don't care if she shows up naked (well, yeah I do), the clothes don't matter at all to me.

I agree!

When Bitsy first walked out I didn't know it was her. I was ready to applaud her for refusing to go on with Tyson there. Then I woke up. That guy makes me sick. I had to remove the show from the DVR less than 1 minute in.

ImEasy

ImEasy

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

I guess when the stars won't come on you get stuck with child killers and wife beaters.

Who are the child killers that have been on this show?

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 4:31 PM

I watched because I'm a fan of Albert Brooks but on the truly offensive scale today, I'd put that "author" over Tyson (although not by much) on a show "by women, for women." Who goes on a show with a table full of financially successful working women [all of whom make more than their spouses] and talks like that? It probably wasn't a coincidence that Babs was absent and clearly she has nothing to do with booking the guests. I bet Sweaty Geddie pulled her straight off the Fox News Site.

Sorry Sherri, that wig looked like a wig on Elisabeth.

ETA:

Who are the child killers that have been on this show?

I'm guessing this refers to Damien Echols, who was never exonerated.

There is a point to be made about the big stars avoiding this show. The big November sweeps hardly had an A-lister in sight. DeNiro is probably the biggest guest for that month and he made it pretty clear he was just there because of Whoopi. Besides, they managed to mangle that to where it was the opposite of entertaining.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Dec 7, 2012 @ 8:50 PM.

Tunia

Tunia

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 5:49 PM

Bitsy in that wig looked a little like Casey Anthony at times so today's show was very high on the creepo meter.

Interesting...I got more of a Robin McGraw (wife of Dr. Shill) vibe from her look - also high on the creepo meter!

Wonder if Timmy will be playing the "She's not my wife; She's not my wife" game tonight!

Edited by Tunia, Dec 7, 2012 @ 5:50 PM.

Notmuchofacook

Notmuchofacook

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

Mike Tyson? Not only is he an unrepentant criminal, he's also colossally inarticulate. I ff'd to Albert Brooks, who looked a little dismayed. This show is continuing to go downhill. I hated seeing whoopi and Sherri giving Tyson their fan girl crap. That's when I moved on. Yuck.

Edited by Notmuchofacook, Dec 7, 2012 @ 8:30 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 8, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

...he's also colossally inarticulate.

I know, right? A t-a-l-k show is the last place this guy belongs. Most of the time he had no idea what the women [and Brooks] were talking about. Blech. Nice job Sweaty Geddie.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Dec 8, 2012 @ 1:07 PM.

gator12

gator12

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 9, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

I haven't been watching. Did they ever revisit the whole "morning sickness" thing about Duchess Kate?

With the way they pissed off many women who has suffer from hyperemesis gravidarum (on the view facebook page), I'm going to take a guess and say no

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

Elisabeth's hair looked like shit today. She looked deranged. Was that a mullet? Put the wig back on Bits, your crazy is showing.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

Hasselblech looked like a very sad Icelandic Sheep Dog stuffed into a glitter-sock. The only taste that woman has is BAD!!!
And, Whoopi deigned to wear a bra for that cheesier than cheese, lamer than lame Disney commercial. A whole friggin' segment!!!
Also, (& I REALLY hate to say this), I agree with Sherri's take on the Australian DJ's. I don't believe that passing along a prank call is enough to feel shame so great it would warrant suicide. She must have been hanging by a thread & that incident just put her over the edge. JMHO.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

At least she scored some brown assed points today with her mentor and boss as she attempted to look festive which really grates on BW's last nerves when the other co-hosts don't even bother to dress up for the holidays.

maatkare

maatkare

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

Whoopi deigned to wear a bra for that cheesier than cheese, lamer than lame Disney commercial. A whole friggin' segment!!! Also, I agree with Sherri's take on the Australian DJ's. I don't believe that passing along a prank call is enough to feel shame so great it would warrant suicide. She must have been hanging by a thread & that incident just put her over the edge. JMHO.

The Disney commercial was awful, and I was thrown by Mickey & Minnie's mouths moving for some reason. (and boy...Whoopi has gotten very...round) The nurse's death is horrible, and clearly there were other issues, but I suspect everyone at the hospital was threatened (politely) with dire consequences if they gave any unauthorized access to the press and she got taken by a stupid radio show. Way to not ask Piers about his hacking scandal involvement.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

I was only listening here and there this morning. Did I hear (Whoopi) say the the station that broadcast the call to the hospital has been pulled? As far as I can see the DJ's were suspended last week and the SHOW pulled today - not the station.

Re all the plugging today - Barbara was insufferable. And when Joy was asking people to tune into Current tonight for her Sandy Benefit did BW make some snide comment about how it wouldn't reach people in Minn?

I am absolutely thrilled that I think that the 12/12/12 music legends will be having their benefit on the night of BW's Fascinating People - hope they are on opposite each other in some time zones at least. No wonder BW was not happy, lol.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 2:38 PM

I hate pranks and I hate practical jokes. I find them to be sadistic. And when the prank goes wrong I find the sadists fully culpable. I was upset enough at the thought of these idiots ending this woman's career, now they've ended her life. Live with that, you fools.

Or course, Dr. Sherri knows otherwise.

What a country we live in. If a Mexican sacrifices his life crossing the border to pick tomatoes and make a better life for his family many are ready to either shoot him or deport him, but we gladly welcome with open arms fools like Piers Morgan. A man who breached the Code of Conduct on financial journalism, but kept his job. A man who was fired for faking pictures of prisoner abuse. A man who used Nazi headlines in his paper over a sports event to gain readership. A man who claims that celebrities have no right to privacy.

Yet these idiotic women not only warmly welcome him as a guest, they don't even have the balls to call him out on his shit.

I just don't get it.

Edited by Xingu, Dec 10, 2012 @ 5:13 PM.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

I wonder if Whoopi is now fully aware that BW is going senile and tried to make a joke about stopping BW from finishing that story, but was honestly trying to stop BW from embarassing herself.

I'm not sure why BW's college boyfriend would be into having sex with her when she prtended to be asleep... didn't he feel like a necrophiliac? Or did BW pretend to wake up and imagine he was an intruder? Oh Barbara...

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

Jacintha Saldanha ended her own life. Nothing is really sticking with me about the show today. Barbara and her plugging is just pathetic.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

Hasselblech looked like a very sad Icelandic Sheep Dog stuffed into a glitter-sock. The only taste that woman has is BAD!!!

Yeah, what was that? Laundry day at the Hasselbecks?

The best part of the show today was it was only 20 minutes long if you FF through all the commercials - including the Whoopi in Disneyland thing and skip Jason Mraz's song. I recommend the Mraz interview though just so you can see Bits ask Jason where he gets his inspiration for his songs, he basically says everywhere - they are all true, and she says, "Amazing."

Babs pretending to be asleep during sex is exactly the same as the bondage sex in Fifty Shades of Grey. Except not.

I was only listening here and there this morning. Did I hear (Whoopi) say the the station that broadcast the call to the hospital has been pulled? As far as I can see the DJ's were suspended last week and the SHOW pulled today - not the station.

maggie, I've already deleted it but I think Whoopi said the show or maybe I was imposing some accuracy on it. I'm not sure about the nurse's suicide - it may have been an unfortunate coincidence - they aren't even sure it was a suicide. The hosptial was very supportive of their staff - no dicipline action was going to be taken. Sherri was the rare voice of reason today - the only reason to think there is a causal link between the nurses death and the prank is the media. Of course no one mentioned that it may just have been all the media attention that contributed to whatever problems the nurse was already experiencing.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

Jacintha Saldanha ended her own life

No argument there. I'm just reminded of teens who were bullied committing suicide.

fl2dc

fl2dc

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

Elisabeth cut her own bangs, she tweeted about it yesterday. I liked it!

Another hostile moment between Sherri and Babs "can I finish please"

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

I hate pranks and I hate practical jokes. I find them to be sadistic. And when the prank goes wrong I find the sadists fully culpable. I was upset enough at the thought of these idiots ending this woman's career, now they've ended her life. Live with that, you fools.

I don't find them responsible for her firing or her death. The head nurse (or whoever fired the woman) is the one who overreacted to a prank call and clearly the woman had something else going on in her life to cause the suicide. I'm not a fan of practical jokes either, but they are not responsible for people's overreaction to their joke. I mean damn, it was just a phone call. How hard is it to hang up? These people have been doing prank calls for a while now and a couple of them have gone wrong, but did we hear about them before now? No. If it was anyone but the royal family, we wouldn't even be hearing about this.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

The nurse who committed suicide was NOT, I repeat NOT fired or even disciplined. It stands to reason that she was probably being hassled/ridiculed.and had trouble dealing with it . . .felt responsible, whatever. However, I have to agree with what was said on the show today; i.e., there had to be more going on (in her life) for her to commit suicide. Perhaps the prank call and events surrounding it were the last straw. Horrible tragedy.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 7:17 PM

Horrible tragedy.

Well said. Everything else doesn't really matter. There are too many contradictory stories out there to give any one credence, IMO.

When Hugh Jackman sang "Everything Old is New Again", was that an homage to BW?

The VIew, The Chew, The Taste: Has ABC trademarked all words preceded by "The"? How did they miss The Talk?

Edited by Xingu, Dec 10, 2012 @ 7:29 PM.

susieq147

susieq147

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 7:24 PM

Yeah, Elisabeth looked like crap today. And I swear she's taking acting lessons or something, maybe positioning herself for yet another "talent" to add to her resume. Today when she was talking about the nurses's suicide it was like watching a really bad performance. I expected her to take out a lace hankie and dab her eyes for invisible tears. Once the topic changed then she totally shifted her demeanor and she became another character. Just watch her facial movements from now on.

Why was Piers Morgan on today? I didn't know he even still had his CNN show. I don't care for him but I would love for him to get some interview with someone Barbara can't.

Yet another story about Barbara hobknobbing with celebs for no other reason than to let us know Barbara hobknobs with celebs.

curbed

curbed

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

Yet another story about Barbara hobknobbing with celebs for no other reason than to let us know Barbara hobknobs with celebs.

That always reminds me of the Bonnie Hunt interview & what a lying bitch Babs can be.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

That always reminds me of the Bonnie Hunt interview & what a lying bitch Babs can be.

Amen to that, curbed.

(scroll down this article to see BW lie like a rug)
Barbara's bitchiness to Bonnie

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

I was rolling my eyes during that story. It sounded like a lame party, epitomized by that ultimate drama club geek Anne Hathaway insisting to everyone she had the flu (if she actually did, she wouldn't be able to walk) and then belting out "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." She's insufferable. She must think that just because she looks like Liza Minelli now, she can sing like her too.