Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112674 replies to this topic

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

The show today was boring.

I agree, Stacee. Not even worth my full attention.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 5:37 PM

With as much knowledge Sherri has pretending to not know how to cook, I expect we will see a cookbook by her soon.

So sick of that schtick. It was never cute or funny.

Speaking of not funny, Richard Lewis is pathetic. And his hair - ugh.

Edited by azure4, Dec 4, 2012 @ 5:46 PM.

susieq147

susieq147

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 7:40 PM

Remember when we joked Sherri should have a wig business? Well Friday she's showcasing her wig line. I believe she "designed" those wigs as much as Elisabeth "designed" her clothing line. Sherri sure has a knack of finding money making opportunities. I do wonder how many opportunities will be there be once the View ends (it does HAVE to end sometime right?)

Yeah today's show was really boring. This time of year they should have stars promoting their end of the year Oscar hopeful movies. Another daytime talk show in NYC has Jane Fonda, Hugh Jackman, Laura Linney, Kiera Knightly and Anne Hathaway. And that's just this week and next. This show has Richard Lewis (who hasn't been relevant for quite a few years) for TWO segments and continues to push Sherri's cooking ineptitude almost daily.

Once again Elisabeth keeps squawking things half under her breath that she thinks is funny and making exaggerated faces to convey to us that they are funny. She seems to sorta shape shift her personality to who she's around. Sitting at the table with 3 comediennes she tries to be funny. When they're interviewing politicians she puts on her political analyst persona and when she's in Justin Beiber's presence she acts like a giggly tween. As I've said before I don't think she has a core personality.

BTW the last couple of days I've watched Elisabeth's husband on ESPN (I'm a huge football fan and the playoffs are a month away so...) and I have to say he seems like a nice guy. I know that EH has made it sound like he's anal-retentive and fussy but he is so much more knowledgable about what he talks about than his wife.

Edited by susieq147, Dec 4, 2012 @ 7:40 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

I wish Elisabeth would get a job over at ESPN too - I think she knows more about sports than any other subject they try to discuss on The Spew, but it would probably be a real full time job and maybe less money.

This show is basically a place for them to hawk their other jobs which never seem to really stick so they need this for the exposure and the paycheck. Let's see: Joy is on her second solo show, Bits had a fashion line (ha!)a book that may have been plagerized, some crappy gluten free bars, and now a cookbook. Sherri's had her own failed sitcom, a few small movie parts, DWTS, gigs hosting game shows, and about a dozen one-off TV appearances including selling her wedding as a reality show. Oh and a re-occuring role on 30 Rock. Now, a wig line. Even Babs with her ever dimishing career finds time do any project ABC News still lets her do.

Yeah today's show was really boring. This time of year they should have stars promoting their end of the year Oscar hopeful movies. Another daytime talk show in NYC has Jane Fonda, Hugh Jackman, Laura Linney, Kiera Knightly and Anne Hathaway. And that's just this week and next. This show has Richard Lewis (who hasn't been relevant for quite a few years) for TWO segments and continues to push Sherri's cooking ineptitude almost daily.

They actually bragged that Lewis has been on 24 times. And instead of being worried he wore the same suit as last time someone should tell him he's had the same haircut for 25 years and it stopped working at least 15 years ago.

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

I think Babs in the moderator seat works ten times better than Whoopi. No stupid comments to go to break or stumbling with the monitor. Babs knows how to read a monitor

I think you missed the moment in Ivanka's interview where Barbara was supposed to throw to commercial and flubbed for 2 excruciatingly long minutes. Barbara didn't know if the Ivanka interview was over, if there was time to promote Ivanka's charity, if Ivanka was coming back after the break...it was a hot mess and I was embarrassed for her.

susieq147

susieq147

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 8:42 PM

Cosmocrush, I think everyone having outside jobs is one of the problems (there are SEVERAL) with the View. It does seem like the show is just a paycheck to them. I don't think any of them actually enjoy what they're doing. I think ABC shows how disinterested it is in actually putting on a show that might inform or God forbid entertain the viewers. I don't think anyone associated with the View puts for an effort to produce a show that is remotely worth watching. I watch it out of habit and mostly to snark here with my fellow TWOPers.

As much as I found Star Jones annoying I would gladly go back to the original line-up and also the Lisa Ling years. The View back then was fun and sometimes you actually learned a thing or two. It didn't seem like anyone had an agenda they were pushing. Today's version of the View is just five women sitting around rehashing things they've already talked about many times before. Wait and see, pretty soon Barbara will bring in a Christmas card either from Prince Charles or President Obama. She does it EVERY year.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:02 PM

And the card from Tom Cruise. And then Barbara will explain to us who he is, how nice he is, and how he used to be married - in case we didn't know.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

wish Elisabeth would get a job over at ESPN too - I think she knows more about sports than any other subject they try to discuss on The Spew, but it would probably be a real full time job and maybe less money.

She uses football references to everything which only has me scratching my head.
I quickly re played and there were PLENTY of sharp edges in that apartment,tables, a couple of chairs whose arms look like daggers and dressers jsu to name a few. The comment about the intervention went "global" really?? I think she is full of it like her father.
I am really sick and pissed at BW for continually bringing up someone giving in her name.( I don't do that so that is not why I am offended) She has pointed that out so many times. What the hell !!. Then EH firmly up BW's ass asked is it realy a gift? No it is not. If you want to keep friends do not donate in their name was big ole jab at Joy. Joy you need to buy your ancient boss a "dickie" or a home shopping network liner with pockets for your purse that I think sold for 20.00. I think she even mentioned it one year and hauled it out to show what EH gave her. Or maybe it was one of EH favorite things and BW said you gave that to me for Christmas and mentioned how much it cost !!! Obviously next to Barbara Walters name on their Christmas list Tim put $20.00 is what she could spend. Where does she get this shit a marriage is dead after three years? I have never heard of such a stupid concept.

I know my tolerance for these poor excuses for women is because I am seeing my husband through the worst cancer you can have. I tape, fast forward and come here for laughs.

Edited by athousandclowns, Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:52 PM.

Theodora69

Theodora69

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

They actually bragged that Lewis has been on 24 times. And instead of being worried he wore the same suit as last time someone should tell him he's had the same haircut for 25 years and it stopped working at least 15 years ago.

And he has been doing the same spiel on every one of the 24 times! Enough already - find some new guests!!!!!!

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

I think you missed the moment in Ivanka's interview where Barbara was supposed to throw to commercial and flubbed for 2 excruciatingly long minutes. Barbara didn't know if the Ivanka interview was over, if there was time to promote Ivanka's charity, if Ivanka was coming back after the break...it was a hot mess and I was embarrassed for her.

Oh no I caught that GrrlPower. It was awesomely bad. When I said Babs should be the moderator instead of Whoopi I meant only at the table, in the first part of the show when Whoopi is trying to read the teleprompter and failing to keep Babs from interrupting. I don't know how Whoopi would do on the couch part since she generally just sits there like a lump, occasionally reading a question off a card. Besides, I need Babs to be on the couch always asking guests about their more famous friends [today they bugged RL about Larry David], insulting the guests and demanding they perform on the spot. It's one reason I watch.

Wait and see, pretty soon Barbara will bring in a Christmas card either from Prince Charles or President Obama. She does it EVERY year.

Like clockwork.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Dec 4, 2012 @ 11:31 PM.

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

Are these dopes the last people on earth who buy that stupid "combined photography" crap to "predict" what the child of two people will look like? Good grief, someone should show them old clips of Conan O'Brien's "If They Mated."

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 9:03 AM

Are these dopes the last people on earth who buy that stupid "combined photography" crap to "predict" what the child of two people will look like? Good grief, someone should show them old clips of Conan O'Brien's "If They Mated."

I know, right? It would make as much sense as to take the photo of two winning lottery tickets and combine them to predict a winner. Not only are we mere peasants the result of generations of all kinds of genetic tomfoolery, but Prince William has got that European royalty inbreeding thing going on. That baby has every chance of looking like the Gerber baby as it does a troll doll.

Since Babs is on the Prince of Wales's buddy list I suppose we'll be hearing oodles from Auntie Babs about this wholly uncommon occurance called pregnancy. How glad I am that Sir Paul McCartney and Babs's favorite relative are too old to procreate. Shudders.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 9:18 AM

And this was where she said "We will be back with Barbara after the break.." LOL!

And the card from Tom Cruise. And then Barbara will explain to us who he is, how nice he is, and how he used to be married - in case we didn't know.

And tell us that he sent her flowers after her heart surgery .. (which is why she will never say a bad word about him, smart move Cruise.)

Was I dreaming or did I not see Bonnie Rait's name in the opening credits as to who was going to be on the show? And then when there was no Bonnie Rait (smart move, Rait) but 2 segments with revolting Richard Lewis, I figured that explained it. Rait bailed and Lewis got 2 segments. ??

And when they were bragging that this loser has been on 24 times, that's basically advertising the fact that they have trouble getting legitimate guests and that he has been called in as filler 20+ times.

Edited by Cementhead, Dec 5, 2012 @ 9:26 AM.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 9:25 AM

Oh Barbara despises the royal family. Given that fact and her lack of filter, I'm sure she'll be bashing Kate and/or the looks of the baby plenty. Can't wait! You hang in there crazy bitch, because snark is all I get from this show now!

Sherri's wigs are aweful, I think. She stopped wearing the long ones and goes for either disco queen or NeNe. I wonder if Sal put the kibosh on the long hair since that used to be Sherri's favorite?

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

Does Jane Seymour (and Jennifer Love Hewitt, for that matter) ever not wear a Herve Leger bandage dress? Between those dresses and that long hair, she always. looks. the. same. Not a big fan. I find her insincere, with a hint of desperation about her.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 12:27 PM

Interesting and hopefully not OT but Star Jones just outed BW "being raised by the best re-gifter of all time Barbara Walters" she said she did it all the time and taught her that the important thing was you must take it out of orginal box, change up tissue and wrap with new big bow. So along the lines it is the thought that counts and do not give to a charity in her name it is ok. to give a gift that she proabably got from some sponser or in a goodie bag and then to make it a present? How honest is that BW???

Edited by athousandclowns, Dec 5, 2012 @ 12:32 PM.

canter

canter

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

My thoughts are with those of you who have lost spouses or with ill spouses. Peace and comfort to you this holiday season.

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 1:30 PM

I don't know how Whoopi would do on the couch part since she generally just sits there like a lump, occasionally reading a question off a card. Besides, I need Babs to be on the couch always asking guests about their more famous friends [today they bugged RL about Larry David], insulting the guests and demanding they perform on the spot. It's one reason I watch

I really don't know what to do with Whoopi and Barbara. I enjoy watching the self-important Barbara insult the guests and engage in awkward moments as well. I'm waiting for the day that someone finally has the courage to snap on Barbara - and I think it will be Whoopi who does it - so I need the both of them around. The problem is that Barbara moderating at the table gives her license to be even more overbearing and disruptive of the flow of conversation and Whoopi (as you stated) is useless on the couch. So inbetween waiting for the bitchiness and snapping to happen from Barbara and Whoopi respectively, I'm stuck with overbearingness from the royal highness and unengaged sloppiness from the sloth.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 1:46 PM

I'm waiting for the day that someone finally has the courage to snap on Barbara - and I think it will be Whoopi who does it - so I need the both of them around.

LOL, GrrlPower, so cute how you put this and yes, so true!

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 2:23 PM

Sherri had Sal go outside to the front door from her bed to fool Jeffrey, so she did a Star Jones had sex for a good length of time with him and then became celibate? (then always talking about how horny she was) Is this a religious thing?
My husband would always leave before my son got up also but when he moved in the month before we married he was in my bedroom but this was the horse and buggy days.
Because I dislike her so much I notice every little thing she does, now Bitsy is doing things with her mouth like she did when she was on the Palin campaign trail only sticking them out unlike the Palin mouth at involved running her tongue over her teeth.

No I have never seen Jane Seymore or Susan Lucci in a dress with sleeves even in the dead of winter. Pretty bad when a woman her age with the hanging flowing hair needs to push the length out of her arm pits.

Mercy, Bonnie said she took time off when her brother was ill and mother died and BW then asked her you had a lot of things happening in your life is that why you took time off?
Enough for me to think about putting some Baileys in my seven dollar coffee.

Tunia

Tunia

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

My ultimate View day would be Bitsy going into political/sexual/mommy meltdown, BW and Whoopi duking it out over whatevahhhhh, Joy stomping out in disgust saying "I don't need this shit...I'm married now and have another show to do", leaving Sherri sitting alone at the table wondering "What the hell just happened here?". Now, normally, this scenario would be farfetched, but with this crapfest, I think someday it actually could happen. And this, folks, is why I watch The View.

And, No, Bitsy...no matter how you try to imitate Jenny McCarthy when sitting next to her, you'll never make it (and I don't even care for JM).

The only thing that could make this show worse would be for Sheryl Underwood or Fran Drescher to join the cult. <shudder>

Edited by Tunia, Dec 5, 2012 @ 2:37 PM.

Morgalisa

Morgalisa

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

Wow! Could Whoopi have been more disgusted at the end of yesterdays show when they were all eating. How could Tyler dare to present healthy, fresh, vegetarian dishes to her. She sat there with a look of disgust and an empty plate in front of her and then she started yanking her microphone pac off at the table as Sherri was signing off. She probably bolted as soon as the camera stopped rolling. She has said she never eats, but I've seen her eat plenty if it is fried, high fat, high carb, high caloric or salty.

springtime

springtime

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

My thoughts are with those of you who have lost spouses or with ill spouses. Peace and comfort to you this holiday season.

Adding my thoughts as well

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

For all that BaWa likes to think of herself as a serious journalist....

- she's going around stomping her feet and pouting because some drug-addled starlet stood her up over an "exclusive" interview

- she fell head over heels with the "gentle ophthalmologist" who runs Syria, sang his praises for days, bought the whole song-and-dance about how he wants peace, and now that he's about to use deadly chemical weapons on his own people? Not a word about him passes her lips.

She is to journalists to William Shatner is to singers.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

So true Chicago - I'll add Paris Hilton, all the "gets" Diane and Katie do - especially the one Katie did from London at the Garden Party briefly speaking on camera (very unusual) with the Queen. BW went beserk, lol.

Also manning the phones during Sandy rather than on the panel.

Poor thing just doesn't get it.

Theodora69

Theodora69

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

Does Jane Seymour (and Jennifer Love Hewitt, for that matter) ever not wear a Herve Leger bandage dress? Between those dresses and that long hair, she always. looks. the. same. Not a big fan. I find her insincere, with a hint of desperation about her.

Wasn't Jane Seymour just on the show a short while ago??? This time she was promoting a book - can't remember what she was trying to sell last time. It's time for new guests!

Talented Tenth

Talented Tenth

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

The tension between Barbara and Whoopi gets thicker by the day. The problem with Whoopi is the same one the show had with Rosie -- they are battling Barbara for control.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 1:29 AM

Star Jones just outed BW "being raised by the best re-gifter of all time Barbara Walters" she said she did it all the time and taught her that the important thing was you must take it out of orginal box, change up tissue and wrap with new big bow. So along the lines it is the thought that counts and do not give to a charity in her name it is ok. to give a gift that she proabably got from some sponser or in a goodie bag and then to make it a present?

Ha! That's hilarious and totally believable too. No wonder Babs doesn't want anyone to give to charity in her name for a gift; not only doesn't she get the tax deduction she can't regift it.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 2:09 AM

Apparently, BW likes her coffee like she likes her men: hot, black and not too bitter.

$7 a cup. In this economy? Just another reason for me to hate Starbuck's.

Sherri had Sal go outside to the front door from her bed to fool Jeffrey, so she did a Star Jones had sex for a good length of time with him and then became celibate?

Star Jones had sex with Big Gay Al?

Edited by Xingu, Dec 6, 2012 @ 4:45 AM.

Jaclynovascotia

Jaclynovascotia

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2012 @ 7:38 AM

My ultimate View day would be Bitsy going into political/sexual/mommy meltdown, BW and Whoopi duking it out over whatevahhhhh, Joy stomping out in disgust saying "I don't need this shit...I'm married now and have another show to do", leaving Sherri sitting alone at the table wondering "What the hell just happened here?". Now, normally, this scenario would be farfetched, but with this crapfest, I think someday it actually could happen. And this, folks, is why I watch The View.

And that's why they act the way they do. They probably did a focus group and had their roles assigned based on stuff like this. This ia a sure-fire way to interest people. It's kind of like turning a talk show into a reality show, where people watch because of the personalities (or lack thereof) of the hosts, rather than the content of the show. That way they don't have to even worry about the content of the show. Elisabeth is supposed to get on people's nerves, Barbara is supposed to be condescending, Whoopi the lazy, unhygienic defender of the indefensible, Sherri the buffoon, and Joy is the one who gives the one liners. I'm not saying they're not like this in real life, but I think these are their assigned roles that they have been instructed to play up for the cameras. For some of them, especially, like Sherri and Elisabeth.