Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112862 replies to this topic

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

[quote] I have not watched today's show. Is Sherri saying that uterus crap on this show now? What, is this her new comedy routine, the "uterus ' comment? {quote]

I did not tune in either today. Was Sherri's baby talk following the hot topic of the royal pregnancy confirmation ?

nicole8705

nicole8705

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 12:39 PM

I did not tune in either today. Was Sherri's baby talk following the hot topic of the royal pregnancy confirmation ?]

So Kate's pregnant? I've been following this saga via grocery check out lines since they married and one would think the fate of the world was resting in her uterus. I was feeling a bit sorry for her.

Edited by nicole8705, Dec 3, 2012 @ 12:40 PM.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 12:46 PM

Was Sherri's baby talk following the hot topic of the royal pregnancy confirmation ?

Nope. Even better. They were discussing a study (imagine that) that said that marriage is dead after 3 years and Babs asks Elisabeth what she does to keep her marriage alive and Elisabeth said that she has babies. Then waited for the laughs that never came. This is where Sherri bugs her eyes out and says 'I gotta get me a uterus!' And also shared how she dressed up as Janet Jackson for Sal one night, as part of their frequent role playing. *shudder*

Elisabeth also went on to say that she & Tim operate their marriage by FOD, 'Fear of Divorce.' ??? I swear, Elisabeth has to be one of the most humourless and uptight people I have ever seen on my tv. FOD? Fear of Divorce? Seriously, lol, you can't even make this shit up. Sounds like such a FUN, happy couple!

So Kate's pregnant? I've been following this saga via grocery check out lines since they married and one would think the fate of the world was resting in her uterus. I was feeling a bit sorry for her.

Yes! And, stop the presses, she also has morning sickness!! Tell everyone you know! Immediately!

Did you all catch Barbara's "And we'll be back with Barbara after the break" during the Ivanka interview? AWESOME, LOL. These are the moments I watch this shit show for.

Edited by Cementhead, Dec 3, 2012 @ 12:53 PM.

texastornado

texastornado

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

The stupid thing was what Bitsy said after she said she lives by FOD--I think it was Barbara who asked her how she keeps it fresh (or words to that effect) and Bits answered "I hide".

Yep, that outta do it.....

Edited by texastornado, Dec 3, 2012 @ 1:26 PM.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

So Sherri's gingerbread house not only looked like it had already been digested, it TASTED awful too? Maybe someone can help her find directions and assist in reading and following them--for cooking, backing...and for life. Ah, but that wouldn't make sparks, would it?

gossipwonk

gossipwonk

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

I saw Sherri's tweet about the Gingerbread house yesterday. That looked like the Gingerbread house kit that you buy and assemble (no cooking required) I am so over women bragging about not being able to cook and while I am at it-tired of women proclaiming they are not feminists, but I digress. I wish Sherri would stop with the uterus talk and I wish Elisabeth would stop talking entirely. Wait-I have an idea for a new talk show-based on The Artist-just watch The View with the sound off! Also-Elisabeth's marriage sounds very sad to me and hasn't Sherri told that Janet Jackson story before?

gossipwonk

gossipwonk

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

Double post-sorry

Edited by gossipwonk, Dec 3, 2012 @ 2:13 PM.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

What a dreadful show today - in no particular order

Sherri and her uterus?

Jeffrey story

Walmart commercial??? Do they not understand the serious uproar about WM?

Ivanka is a PAID spokesperson for the children's cancer charity? Is she as greedy as her father?

But the worst has to be that Kate Middleton has "morning sickness." Her medical condition is far, far more serious. HG can be life threatening to the mother or child, or both. Often requires hospitalization. Mothers can loose 30/40 pounds. Often require continuous IV even after being released from the hospital. I hope TV clears this up tomorrow and explains more about this. I'll give them a break today as it was breaking news they had just received.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

Yes Ivanka, your father should feel free to spout any sensational lie he chooses since he has, "An audience who agrees with him." Not like he may want to be responsible and yell, "Fire!" (Or "revolution!") in a non public venue. I know you love your dad, but he usually ends up looking like a horse 's ass after his bizarre rants. I'd hate for my parent to be the national joke. And btw your daughter looks just like him, without the muskrat hair.

Edited by TedHinD, Dec 3, 2012 @ 2:54 PM.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 3:50 PM

But the worst has to be that Kate Middleton has "morning sickness." Her medical condition is far, far more serious. HG can be life threatening to the mother or child, or both. Often requires hospitalization. Mothers can loose 30/40 pounds. Often require continuous IV even after being released from the hospital. I hope TV clears this up tomorrow and explains more about this. I'll give them a break today as it was breaking news they had just received.

It was breaking news, maggie010, but they took the broad definition of Hyperemesis gravidarum(HG)from what appeared to be an audience member...and even made light of it. Ah, this show's idiocy has reeled me back in.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 3:59 PM

So, Hasselblech walks out in a crappy-looking pair of jeans & a goodwill sweater. Wonder if she was subliminally taking herself out of the fashion competition with Ivanka. I would say absolutely!!!

MedicineCrow, don't forget those fugly brown suede open toe platforms she wears every damn day. And yep, she looked like a slub next to Ivanka.

Ivanka is a PAID spokesperson for the children's cancer charity? Is she as greedy as her father?

Pretty much. Just easier on the eyes. Speaking of Ivanka, of course she defended her father - I've never heard her do anything else. Forget that he's her father, he is her boss and her entire career is the Trump organization.

I think Babs in the moderator seat works ten times better than Whoopi. No stupid comments to go to break or stumbling with the monitor. Babs knows how to read a monitor. I liked that she didn't just sit down and start in with whatever was up first. Plus, when Babs is the moderator she doesn't seem to interrupt as much. Let Whoopi do it when Babs is off. Even though I rewound it - I couldn't tell, did Babs start the show saying, "Whoopi couldn't make it.." because that's what it sounded like. Anyway, I didn't miss her.

gossipwonk, Sherri's Janet Jackson story sounded familiar to me too. Seems like she told it when she was learning to dance or something that she wanted to dress up like JJ for the bedroom.

Edited because a cow is not a crow and I'm sorry for the typo MC.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Dec 3, 2012 @ 5:03 PM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 4:11 PM

MedicineCow, don't forget those fugly brown suede open toe platforms she wears every damn day. And yep, she looked like a slub next to Ivanka.

Absolutely, Cosmo, but I'm so over "those shoes" I don't even notice them -- LOL.

clare 32

clare 32

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

Elizabeth spoke very well about the KC football player who murdered the mother of his child then took his own life. She spoke of the team and the coach and what happened to them because the guy decided to go to the practice facility after the murder.

I am so glad Whoopie wasn't there to make excuses for him as she usually does when any selfish and guilty person screws up.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 5:09 PM

I think alluded was Bit's Word of The Day calendar/tweet/whatever. I don't remember her using it before and it seemed like she went out of her way to use it at least twice today.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Dec 3, 2012 @ 5:13 PM.

susieq147

susieq147

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

Elisabeth has told her "fear of divorce" way of being married before. My husband and I had been married for ten years before he passed away suddenly and we went through some pretty tough times and we stayed together because we loved each other not because we were afraid of divorcing. A marriage is definitely work but Elisabeth seems to be saying she is constantly having to live her as a wife thinking if something isn't up to par then they're doomed. IMO she's just telling us Tim rules the roost.

Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that Sherri was saying she was afraid of wearing reading glasses in front of Sal out of fear he would think she looked old or whatever? And today she says she wears the glasses to play "naughty librarian" (yeah I know ICK, pass the brain bleach). I swear her and Elisabeth are incapable of telling any story without embellishing, exaggerating, or outright lying about the details. And Sherri, btw, people who talk so much about having sex are usually NOT having it. And note to Elisabeth, you keep making jokes about hiding from Tim but you've said in the past keeping a man happy keeps him at home. So according to your theory if Tim ain't dining at home then perhaps he's enjoying eating elsewhere. I'm just saying...

Theodora69

Theodora69

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

I think Babs in the moderator seat works ten times better than Whoopi. No stupid comments to go to break or stumbling with the monitor. Babs knows how to read a monitor. I liked that she didn't just sit down and start in with whatever was up first. Plus, when Babs is the moderator she doesn't seem to interrupt as much. Let Whoopi do it when Babs is off. Even though I rewound it - I couldn't tell, did Babs start the show saying, "Whoopi couldn't make it.." because that's what it sounded like. Anyway, I didn't miss her.

Actually, I think Barbara should just get rid of Whoopi because Barbara is never happier than when she is moderating the panel. She gets to do most of the talking and no one dares to interrupt her! Plus, she controls the conversation and she can talk about sex as much as she wants to. Forget 'The View' and just called it 'Barbara Walters and Her Views'!

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 8:58 PM

I think Barbara should just get rid of Whoopi because Barbara is never happier than when she is moderating the panel. She gets to do most of the talking and no one dares to interrupt her! Plus, she controls the conversation and she can talk about sex as much as she wants to.

Ha! If Whoopi is smart, she will take care not to absent herself too often from the show...Barbara sailed in and took over, and violins started playing instead of a gloomy foghorn. Babs was so animated. And a second welcome surprise (perhaps unrelated to Whoopi's absence) was that Joy suddenly woke from her hundred-years enchanted sleep and we saw some true "Joy sparkle." She really put effort into her part today. Thanks Joy and Barbara, you made my day!

caseyanne

caseyanne

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

just sayin.. "Jeffery"

:)

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

snowbunny54

snowbunny54

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Jeffery needs to be rescued from that house.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

I cracked up at the face Babs made when she did the intro for the lame Jeffery story because I was making the same face. Oh and I agree with the poster upthread that Sherri's pic looked like a store bought gingerbread house kit, which is fine but don't tell us you baked it. Even Barbara Walter knows it's hard to screw up gingerbread. Maybe she should have read the directions.

Unlike Sherri's stupid story, the story Babs told about seven year old Jackie was probably true. [- Babs overheard lamenting her mother couldn't drive, cook, etc. all she could do was 'television'. To which Babs said to us, "Thank God". Ha!]

Edited by Cosmocrush, Dec 3, 2012 @ 10:59 PM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 10:57 PM

I cracked up at the face Babs made when she did the intro for the lame Jeffery story because I was making the same face. Oh and I agree with the poster upthread that Sherri's pic looked like a store bought gingerbread house kit, which is fine but don't tell us you baked it. Even Barbara Walter knows it's hard to screw up gingerbread. Maybe she should have read the directions.

When all else fails, in the case of the failed gingerbread house, at least try to rescue the mess with an attempt at humour.

Label photo with a caption. example:

Looks like the Gingerbread House got run over by a reindeer !

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

I think Sherri was more excited to try out her global warming quip than Santa and the reindeer were too heavy.

Should have bought an already made gb house and just decorated it. Good grief - Sherri also learned about caulking and let it dry which she dismissed and didn't do. She is not doing Jeffrey any favors.

On The View's facebook site they are being racked over the coals for Kate's "morning sickness." They will really have to address this. Should be interesting.

I'll admit it - I was not aware of the condition nor how very, very serious it is and was educated pretty quickly reading about it this morning on their fb site. To be fair - it is not a huge msm story at the moment but will be very soon. The condition needs awareness.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 3:39 AM

I was completely gobsmacked at Sherri's saying she's been trying to "bond" with Jeffrey. I don't often agree with BaWa, but her incredulous "HOW old is Jeffrey?" was right from my brain to her lips.

I'm sure Sherri meant something like, she's trying to spend quality time with him, but ... it was strange. If anyone should be trying to bond with Jeffrey, it's Sal, not the woman who has had custody of him since the day he was born.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

On The View's facebook site they are being racked over the coals for Kate's "morning sickness." They will really have to address this. Should be interesting.

Maybe, also, about how The Duchess's condition can be fatal for both Mom & fetus. And how lucky she is to be rich AND live in a country with national health care...Well, it WOULD make sparks.

Ivanka needs to distance herself from her father's stupidity. She's rich & powerful enough to make some questions off limits. Although with her untouchable trust fund, her name brand and her Mom, she doesn't need to kiss her father's swarmy ass any more.

Her apartment, I thought, was decorated like a film set. Blech. I looked for some semblence of cozy family space but I guess if the staff (especially the nannies) don't mind it works for Ivanka & Mr Ivanka.

Oh and Sherri and Bitsy? Domestic incompetence only makes you look stupid. The directions for EVERYTHING are on the package or on the Internet. If you can read, you can make gingerbread houses, turkeys, or a centerpiece. If you're totally stumped, ask your housekeeper. (You don't have to feign middle class. Look at Babs. I've heard she treats waitstaff like coat racks. No wacky housewife schtick from her. I give her an "A" for always trumpeting her superior sense of entitlement and never trying to relate to us Dogfaces in the ranks).

Edited by TedHinD, Dec 4, 2012 @ 9:19 AM.

dhall60

dhall60

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 2:32 PM

I've always been a little annoyed by Richard Lewis - after all he never shuts up much like someone else on the show - but his little dog won my heart. I wish he had brought her on the show. She looks like a maltese to me and they can be very lovey. In fact that would be an idea for a Friday show - celebrities with their dogs. We'd have to suffer with ChaCha, but Joy's King Charles spaniels are gorgeous,,,

anythingbutorange

anythingbutorange

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 2:46 PM

hey, susieq147 ? I'm not trying to be smart (that ship sailed long ago!), but this:

My husband and I had been married for ten years before he passed away suddenly and we went through some pretty tough times and we stayed together because we loved each other not because we were afraid of divorcing.

? Surely you dropped a word out of that sentence. And good for you for staying together. A family loss or tragedy can help a strong couple stay together - it happened to us after Hurricane Georges in '98. My condolences on your loss.

Stacee1

Stacee1

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

TedHinHD said:

Her apartment, I thought, was decorated like a film set. Blech. I looked for some semblence of cozy family space but I guess if the staff (especially the nannies) don't mind it works for Ivanka & Mr Ivanka.

I agree. I found it cold and TOO deliberate. Like it was specifically set up for a magazine shoot. Not homey at all.

I found their whole interview strange and uncomfortable, like the View hosts were terrified of Ivanka. And her laughing at her own quips drove me nuts.

I think it was susieq who mentioned above how most of us stay married out of love, respect and a desire to be together and not this "FOD". In fact, Hasselbeck seems to be scared of everything and I think that is what shapes her attitude and why she votes the way she does. Or maybe she just hates the idea of losing, and feels a divorce would mean she lost...?
She's just an odd woman. She should be celebrating her life and enjoying her husband instead of "hiding" and being scared all the fucking time. Weirdo.

(and susieq; I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my husband too and I think I know the sorrow you feel)

Edited by Stacee1, Dec 4, 2012 @ 2:58 PM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 3:04 PM

A friend was asked to have his apartment photographed for a magazine shot. He's a designer and of course his place is well styled. When I saw the magazine, I was amazed how much they actually changed. They did a lot of adding and subtractions. Out with these plants, pillows, vases, rugs, lamps only to be replaced by others they purposely brought in for the shoot. Just saying it is not always what it appears to be but just 'tweeked' to look a certain way or style for the magazine's interpretation.

The show is just usually on as background chatter and I have not noticed if they decorated their set for the holidays. I guess I do need to pay more attention.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

I think Sherri deliberately showed a picture of a hot mess gingerbread house in order to have a story. Just like almost everything that comes out of Elisabeth's mouth... fake. Jeffrey probably already tore it apart and that's when she took the picture.

These gals are so damned boring with their pretend kid stories. Why?? Elisabeth is down to mostly making up shit about brilliant Grace, and there are never pictures. I get that you want privacy - but it's kind of fun for young moms to relate to stories and pics. There should be something in between Kathie Lee level sharing, and seeing the backs of heads watching the oven for gluten free gag worthy treats.

Stacee1

Stacee1

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 4, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

King Cat Sam

A friend was asked to have his apartment photographed for a magazine shot. He's a designer and of course his place is well styled. When I saw the magazine, I was amazed how much they actually changed. They did a lot of adding and subtractions. Out with these plants, pillows, vases, rugs, lamps only to be replaced by others they purposely brought in for the shoot. Just saying it is not always what it appears to be but just 'tweeked' to look a certain way or style for the magazine's interpretation.

Great point. I had not considered that.

The show today was boring. I think Barb does a much better job moderating.
With as much knowledge Sherri has pretending to not know how to cook, I expect we will see a cookbook by her soon.