Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112628 replies to this topic

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

And then borrowing a uterus for 9 months and she would give them a Hundai.

Months ago on Nate Berkus she included a years supply of pot.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 12:10 AM

I think I understand what you are saying back - me too.

But Sherri does this all the time. Like - isn't being inept cute! I'm 44sih and can't cook. Not that women need to - lots of options, but deal with it Sherri. Don't pretend to learn for years and not even know how to stir.

I don't think Christine expects anymore than any other chef - but perhaps should have been allowed to shine more since she has just gained her fame and does have a problem that requires attention while cooking. At the very least a little more time to concentrate, I suppose that is why I thought Dr Oz was particularly kind - to give her the time without the crap Sherri was doing. Yet he was kind to Sherri as well.

And I don't even watch his show -- no reason why not.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

That was gross. Sherri screams at the chef to stop cooking and "PLATE" the food because she's heard this blind chef is great at plating her food yet Sherri reaches over Dr.Oz to grab the food off the plate and shove it in her pie hole before the chef even finishes plating it. What a mess.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. She's unconsciously disrespectful to many guests. When she was first on the show it was obvious that Whoopi tried to give her pointers on how to act on/off camera...how to treat people, and what NOT to share. I think Whoopi finally gave up. I wonder what causes Walters and Geddie (the exec producers) to continue encouraging this "buffoon" stereotype. It's uncalled for and embarrassing.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

I wonder what causes Walters and Geddie (the exec producers) to continue encouraging this "buffoon" stereotype. It's uncalled for and embarrassing.

Well, most of this show is uncalled for and embarrassing in my opinion - it's why I watch - but I don't think Geddie and Walters like Sherri very much either. They have had her do some really weird stuff for this show [roll around on the beach in a swimsuit, get waxed, etc.] I picture them sitting around thinking of things they can make Sherri do next and then laughing at her knowing she will act the fool.

You're right Former Nun, Sherri often doesn't show the guests any respect but maybe she is just taking her cues from the Babs the Boss. Babs is consistantly rude to the guests - she just doesn't shout and bounce around at the same time.

susieq147

susieq147

Fanatic

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 7:21 PM

Money and fame cannot buy class. Sherri is a perfect example of that. I used to think her behavior was just her schtick but I think what you see is the real Sherri. Hell, I think she's probably worse off camera. Take away her blue cards and earpiece and I think she would make Sarah Palin look like a genius. I don't think she has ever had any interest in bettering herself when it came to knowledge of anything but pop culture. I remember when Sherri first started on the View and her cable wasn't hooked up soon enough and she called the cable company complaining that she had to have cable so she could watch TV for her job. Five years later and she has not evolved AT ALL. I actually think she was hired to make Elisabeth look smart by comparison.

Theodora69

Theodora69

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 1, 2012 @ 11:38 PM

She's unconsciously disrespectful to many guests. When she was first on the show it was obvious that Whoopi tried to give her pointers on how to act on/off camera...how to treat people, and what NOT to share. I think Whoopi finally gave up. I wonder what causes Walters and Geddie (the exec producers) to continue encouraging this "buffoon" stereotype. It's uncalled for and embarrassing

I don't think Barbara or Geddie have much respsect for the audience. They must think the audience finds Sherri's schtick funny. It isn't. Stuffing your face with food every time there is a food segment on the show isn't cute. Slurping up spaghetti isn't cute. I want intelligent conversation back - otherwise this show isn't worth the time wasted watching it. Sherri needs to be replaced asap.

SanDiegoInExile

SanDiegoInExile

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 1:45 AM

Ever since Joy's HLN show was cancelled I have, effectively, removed her from my consciousness. She has reduced her contribution to quips that are just annoying & usually derails whatever discussion they're trying to patch together & she's so ignorant of pop culture, it's laughable

I agree that she is merely cashing a (sizeable?) paycheck from The View and can't really blame her too much for that. If you have low-rated Current, you should check out her other show. She still makes some cringeworthy comments, but for the most part, her interviews are great. She still drags out a motley pop-culture panel almost daily, but for the most part, she seems to enjoy the guests. Lately, she has been more forthcoming about her old HLN show, hinting that she was pretty unhappy there, being forced to cover the Casey Anthony trial endlessly, along with some of the other true-crime schlock that HLN peddles.

Dancin Queen

Dancin Queen

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 4:15 AM

Between Sheri & Sheryl, I don't know who's worse! One constantly interrupts with her assine opinions and is downright rude to guests, while the other continues to talk undistinct ghetto and constantly slobbers over ANY male that walks in the room. Ugh.

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

She [Joy] still makes some cringeworthy comments, but for the most part, her interviews are great. She still drags out a motley pop-culture panel almost daily, but for the most part, she seems to enjoy the guests.

I haven't watched her new show because I was so put off by the way she interviewed on her old HLN show--breathless, jamming the questions through as if she had a machine gun to keep busy, speaking so fast that she sounded like one of those tongue-twister demos. Joy didn't listen to all of her victim's answers, and she watched for every opportunity to drag out morsels of private, personal, or sexual information.

When she interviewed, her attituude seemed very cynical and tense. Joy tended to show that she had to draw a diagram for the audience, and that diagram would fit her perception or agenda about the interviewee. I don't think she cared about sudience opinion. Joy can't do that on The View, because one of the other women will usually expose her "bull shit". She controlled her panel on her show like she never can on The View.

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

That was gross. Sherri screams at the chef to stop cooking and "PLATE" the food because she's heard this blind chef is great at plating her food yet Sherri reaches over Dr.Oz to grab the food off the plate and shove it in her pie hole before the chef even finishes plating it. What a mess.

Sherri's supposed gluttony has been over-emphasized before, so I was skeptical until I watched Friday's show online today. Oh my! She really did look like a hot mess shoveling food into her trough. Dr. Oz was being helpful trying to be quieter and tell Christine which ingredients she had in her hand, knowing that Christine has to use her other sense (like hearing the sizzle) to cook. Sherri was just being an overbearing, ignorant, disrespectful bitch.

Edited by GrrlPower, Dec 2, 2012 @ 12:10 PM.

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 1:24 PM

That was just so bad! All Sherri was trying to do was get laugh and to me she just looked like a pathetic baffoon while the guest really need some quiet and cooperation to show her wonderful skills. Dr. Oz tried, but this cow just ruined the whole segment .

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

Sherri says on Twitter that she's getting a Cane Corso -- pretty potent breed for a knowledge-challenged couple with a learning-impaired child!! JMHO.

Lava VaVoom

Lava VaVoom

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

Between Sheri & Sheryl, I don't know who's worse! One constantly interrupts with her assine opinions and is downright rude to guests, while the other continues to talk undistinct ghetto and constantly slobbers over ANY male that walks in the room...

Who is Sheryl?

fl2dc

fl2dc

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

Between Sheri & Sheryl, I don't know who's worse! One constantly interrupts with her assine opinions and is downright rude to guests, while the other continues to talk undistinct ghetto and constantly slobbers over ANY male that walks in the room...

Who is Sheryl?

I was thinking the same thing, "who is Sheryl?" then I thought maybe Sheryl from The Talk? That woman is repulsive. I would take Sherri over her any day, however from her tweets it seems Sherri respects/idolizes Sheryl!

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 2:20 PM

Had to look up that breed MedicineCrow. Does not look to me as a good choice for her family, let alone with another new dog in the family.

Noticed another tweet on their - they said they thought Sherri was hilarious for telling the "blind chef" the scallop dropped on the floor as she was shoving it in her mouth. There are no words, sigh.

Lava, I think the poster was referring to Sheryl on The Talk. Another stereotypical woman that is gluttonous, horny and thinks she is a terrific commedienne, imo.

Edited by maggie010, Dec 2, 2012 @ 2:44 PM.

curbed

curbed

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 6:23 PM

I see that Mike Tyson will be the guest co-host this Friday. Can you imagine a convicted rapist co-hosting this show back in the Meredith Vieira/Star Jones/Lisa Ling days?

Edited by curbed, Dec 2, 2012 @ 6:29 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

see that Mike Tyson will be the guest co-host this Friday. Can you imagine a convicted rapist co-hosting this show back in the Meredith Vieira/Star Jones/Lucy Liu days?

I think you mean Lisa Ling, but yeah Mike Tyson co-hosting is a perfect example of how low this "show for women and about women" has sunk.

curbed

curbed

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

Oops, thanks Cosmo. I always seem to mix those two up.

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 7:25 PM

I see that Mike Tyson will be the guest co-host this Friday. Can you imagine a convicted rapist co-hosting this show back in the Meredith Vieira/Star Jones/Lisa Ling days?

Awww, back when this show had standards. I'd be okay with it if Tyson actually admitted that he's a rapist and got help, but when asked about it, he just talks about his poor upbringing like we should all feel sorry for him. I'm just pissed he's going to be on the show the day the ladies will probably talk about the Chief's linebacker murder-suicide. There are already people doing the victim-blaming thing so I'm certain that if they talk about it, Tyson will try to defend the linebacker.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

GrrlPower, curbed said Tyson isn't scheduled until Friday - although it would be just like this show to choose something seven days old as a Not Hot Topic. I hope they leave the Chief's player murder-suicide alone though I'm sure Elisabeth will want to chime in with her 'expert opinion' as a former NFL [barely] wife and superfan. Ugh.

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

Oh, you're right. I read it too fast. I saw Mike Tyson and went red. I don't know what opinions Tyson can possibly contribute - he doesn't seem like a *thinking* kind of guy to me. If he has something to promote, the couch might make sense if they're going to allow a rapist to use the show to promote something, but co-host? If it was just a segment, I could skip that segment, but since he will be co-host, I now have to skip the entire episode. Oh well, I have till Friday to find another show to be my background noise while I work.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 1:01 AM

Sherri says on Twitter that she's getting a Cane Corso -- pretty potent breed for a knowledge-challenged couple with a learning-impaired child!! JMHO.

I'm with you, MedicineCrow. It's a "potent breed" for most experienced dog owners. Doesn't Sherri live in an apartment? Maybe the show should feature an animal behaviorist AND a psychologist to discuss dangerous breeds and what types of families decide to have them...and why.

Theodora69

Theodora69

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 1:29 AM

I agree that she is merely cashing a (sizeable?) paycheck from The View and can't really blame her too much for that. If you have low-rated Current, you should check out her other show. She still makes some cringeworthy comments, but for the most part, her interviews are great. She still drags out a motley pop-culture panel almost daily, but for the most part, she seems to enjoy the guests. Lately, she has been more forthcoming about her old HLN show, hinting that she was pretty unhappy there, being forced to cover the Casey Anthony trial endlessly, along with some of the other true-crime schlock that HLN peddles.

I watch Joy's new show on Current TV and enjoy it.

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 7:17 AM

Geddie's Credo:

Make Sparks.

Perhaps Sherri figures since the chef is blind, she has to YELL REALLY LOUD for her to hear?

Well, I'm calling bullshit on this chef being blind. I watched her on all episodes of MasterChef and she knew where every ingredient was; she not only knew the ingredients she knew where they were and what they looked like. She may be LEGALLY blind, but she has pretty good sight from what I saw. There is no way a woman who is even legally blind could put together the dishes she did without good sight. She assembled some very fine dishes. And on MasterChef she never used her hands as she did on today's show. IMO, it's all a PR front.

But, you're right, Shrerri should have spoken MORE softly as the woman claimed her lack of sight heightened her other senses, including hearing. But Sherri's a buffoon.

Wow, just think, a reality show portraying something other than reality. Whoda thunk?

Edited by Xingu, Dec 3, 2012 @ 7:46 AM.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 8:54 AM

Perhaps Sherri figures since the chef is blind, she has to YELL REALLY LOUD for her to hear?

Oh.My.God. What did Sherri do? Use that movie with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor, where one was deaf and the other blind, and there was one scene where a cop, I think, was yelling questions at Wilder? And Pryor's character had to say "He's deaf, not stupid?" Or something like that. And considering Sherri's lack of intelligence, she probably used that movie as a model.

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 9:19 AM

"The View with guest co-host Mike Tyson" sounds like an entry on a tv schedule parody in Mad Magazine. I really hope someone rethinks this and comes up with a face-saving excuse ( no pun intended, given Tyson's grotesque face) for this not to happen before they film on Wednesday. It is cold and flu season, after all ( hint hint show producers).

Xingu

Xingu

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 10:07 AM

"The View with guest co-host Mike Tyson" sounds like an entry on a tv schedule parody in Mad Magazine. I really hope someone rethinks this and comes up with a face-saving excuse ( no pun intended, given Tyson's grotesque face) for this not to happen before they film on Wednesday. It is cold and flu season, after all ( hint hint show producers).

Forgive my ignorance, but why is everyone clutching their pearls at Mike Tyson's appearance? As disgusting a person as he is, America seems to have forgiven him. He was in one of the biggest movies of the past decade, The Hangover. I find the man abhorrent, but why the shock that he would be booked on The View?

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 11:42 AM

Because he's a convicted rapist and probable wife beater on a show that purports to be for women, by women.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

So, Hasselblech walks out in a crappy-looking pair of jeans & a goodwill sweater. Wonder if she was subliminally taking herself out of the fashion competition with Ivanka. I would say absolutely!!!

Sherri (the ignoramus) said: "I gotta find a uterus 'cause I need a baby." O.M.G. That & describing her attempts to spice up their sex life is sounding a little desperate to hang on to the huzzbin.

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 3, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

I have not watched today's show. Is Sherri saying that uterus crap on this show now? What, is this her new comedy routine, the "uterus ' comment? Her handlers need to get on her and tell her to stop because she is sounding more than stupid and desperate for a laugh! She is at this point REPULSIVE! She said that same thing on Rachael Ray. GOD I hate when these NOT funny comics repeat what they think is funny , over and over again on different show's. Do they think we really are that F#!@ing stupid that we havn't heard this before? Get this fat cow off the telivision media! She is PATHETIC!