Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112704 replies to this topic

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

Those clever, ruthless backstage View crewpeople unfairly weakened my snark powers today by putting that gorgeous red bracelet on Barbara again and dressing Whoopi in the jacket/jumper with the flowing 11th-century cloak sleeves. Sherri's boots were perfect with her dress, looking warm, protective, and stylish. And (please don't kill the messenger) Bitsy's leopard blouse brought out her delicate blonde beauty again. Curse those producers and assistants! "I'm melting I'm melting!...."

Enjoyed seeing the hosts snark about the Petraeus Bob-and-Ted-and-Carol-and-Alice mess. Quelle Profumo wannabees, those gals!!! Hope that Hollywood makes a comedy of it all--the View hosts were way too mild with flowcharts and such to keep track of all the players. Why haven't we heard a word about or from the husbands of these sex-bombs? (Aren't both married to doctors?). Didn't Paula's husband notice the party of stern government types stroll in during evening and remove some of their computers and belongings? Maybe he never watches TV.

I can see why Paula B was ragin' on the brunette, telling her to "Stay Away from the Man". I burn to see SNL get ahold of Jill and her cra-zee 911 call claiming diplomatic protection immediately from those irritating reporters on her lawn. One laughing CNN reporter commented on how fast Jill was "lawyered up" and ready for the press barbarians to attack. In fact, one of the two cupcakes hired Monica Lewinsky's legal counsel already.

When Elisabeth said "salicious" she meant "salacious" right? Oh well. Irregardless...

She meant "delicious" but her Military Love wouldn't let her say it.

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 1:56 PM

Bitsy has expressed an irrational level of hate for Angelina (because of the Brad/Aniston thing - how funny now that her running buddy has done something similar.)

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 2:01 PM

Considering the Patraeus scandal gets deepr and more interesting each day, The View's coverage was pretty lame. THey identified the players, and who had sex with whom. they skipped over the updates that Paula B's house was searched and that she had some classified documents.

Instead, The View talks about "what do you do if your husband hires a hot secretary?" and then goes right to "who will play these people in a movie?"

They're determined to do FLUFF, even about serious topics. This is not a reality show or a new version of "Houseives of the military".

This is a real issue, and can be discussed from a lot of serious angles concerning women. What about how Paula B, being a groundbreaking female, has set feminism back by using her "feminine wiles" to get ahead? Or how men in power might SAY they take female colleagues seriously, but their behavior indicates that they are viewing women in terms of sex?

pachebo

pachebo

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 3:51 PM

Am I delusional (just watching this show makes me so) or did Babs show that exact same Kirstie Alley clip a week or so ago? "shall we take a look?" (or shall we simply puke?) Its bad enough to see them when she's pimping some "special" but when she post-pimps for a "special" that never happened...

whydoiwatchtv

whydoiwatchtv

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 4:52 PM

Bitsy's head was exploding today over Patraeus. What the hell was she going on with about "proofing" her marraige or something.

Bitsy: Yes, you can.
Whoopi: No, you can't.
Bitsy: Can.
Whoopi: Can't!
Bitsy: Oh, yes you can *word salad*!
Whoopi: NO YOU CAN'T YOU IGNORANT BITCH!

Bitsy really thinks that her marraige is cheat proof. If she only gives Tim sex, every time he wants it, he won't ever stray! She seriously needs to open her eyes to why people some people cheat. Sometimes it isn't just only sex a person seeks outside of marraige. Sometimes it's wanting something just different, sexually as well. I really don't think she handles those facts in her black and white world very well.

boomj

boomj

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

whydoiwatchtv said:

Bitsy really thinks that her marriage is cheat proof. If she only gives Tim sex, every time he wants it, he won't ever stray! She seriously needs to open her eyes to why people some people cheat. Sometimes it isn't just only sex a person seeks outside of marriage. Sometimes it's wanting something just different, sexually as well. I really don't think she handles those facts in her black and white world very well.

Tim could easily stray looking for someone to have an intelligent conversation with, not bits constant word salad spews.

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 7:13 PM

Go away, Kirstie Alley. Go away.

Barbara, we seriously do not care and do not believe that all her problems were solved the day she became a Scientologist. Give us a break, and stop echoing the propaganda.

Here's some brain bleach...lather and rinse repeatedly.

Or how men in power might SAY they take female colleagues seriously, but their behavior indicates that they are viewing women in terms of sex?

"Sex and the Generals" is just another facet of the poor attitudes and lack of appreciation and respect for women trying to have a committed career in the military. Paula Broadwell played the tired old game too well, sleeping her way to the top, and now her carefully constructed trajectory in the military is a crash-and-burn fiasco. General Petraeus has actively participated in that ruination, and as the superior officer he should have known better.

The horror stories of sexual assault, abuse, and rape of females by a superior have been oozing out of the military for some time now. This relationship was consensual, but the basics are uncomfortably similar. High rank or low, a woman's career in our military is going in harm's way.

susieq147

susieq147

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:11 PM

Elisabeth thinking someone can "proof" their marriage implies she thinks if a person's spouse cheats then it's because they must not have done enough to keep them home. She has such rigid views about marriage.

Did anyone else notice Elisabeth mugging for the camera. She looked like a child making faces to get attention.

So if your husband has an attractive female working for him then you should have him fire her or risk him cheating on you. At least according to Sherri. I guess it's OK if your man hires an unattractive woman.

Sugarwater

Sugarwater

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

I couldn't help but think Elisabeth was throwing out several clues that there may be or may have been some cheating going on in her own marriage. For example, her comment that she used to think the marriage would be over, but now she doesn't really think that. Also, her comment about how she didn't want to play the casting game because "this could happen to any of us." Elisabeth has a terrible poker face.

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

Am I delusional (just watching this show makes me so) or did Babs show that exact same Kirstie Alley clip a week or so ago?

Nope. I remember thinking, do these people know what "sublimation" means?

I don't get the Kirstie fawning on this show. Not only was she rude to Joy, this book sounds like a real shitshow. She claims she had some "affair" with Patrick Swayze - that never reached a physical point (so was it an affair?) I think it's kind of crummy to say that when he's not around to give his side of the story, and his wife (who was married to him when this allegedly happened) has to deal with it now. And don't get me started with her role in the $cientologists' big campaign to macho-ize Travolta.

Bitsy couldn't look any bitchier again during the Petraeus et al discussion. She should calm down. It's not as if he was a personal friend or anything. And I'm glad Whoopi and Sherri didn't back down to shoot down her insistence that you can't control what the other person does in a relationship.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 12:47 AM

And I'm glad Whoopi and Sherri didn't back down to shoot down her insistence that you can't control what the other person does in a relationship.

I'm still stunned that Elisabeth essentially thinks that one person can make sure his/her partner does NOT have affair(s). That's what she was saying, right? Does she have a brain in her head? If that's what she believes, she should write a book (a real book...not stolen from someone else) and give the details. It would be a bestseller and she would be a guest on every talk show in the English-speaking world.

So if your husband has an attractive female working for him then you should have him fire her or risk him cheating on you. At least according to Sherri. I guess it's OK if your man hires an unattractive woman.

Yeah, none of us knows an "unattractive" woman who has had affairs, romances, a marriage--or multiple marriages.
Nope! Only the pretty women have personalities or anything to offer. Only the pretty women get attention. And...only the pretty women get the men.

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 7:20 AM

I couldn't help but think Elisabeth was throwing out several clues that there may be or may have been some cheating going on in her own marriage. For example, her comment that she used to think the marriage would be over, but now she doesn't really think that.

A brief look of pain did flash across her expression. I wondered if she had seen it in her own parents, family, or close friends. You would think that her husband would not be dumb enough to stray when she is such a cash cow and they have several young kids. However, relationships have come apart under the same circumstances every day.

What Elisabeth would define as actual "cheating" would have been an interesting follow-up to pursue. I wouldn't be surprised if she keeps the reins very tight on her husband, even reminding him who the main breadwinner is. She and Sherri seem to be worried a lot about cheating-- how much thought and energy do they give to keeping their relationships fresh and committed?

Actually, with their public roles, Elisabeth and Sherri probably have much more opportunity to "cheat" large or small. Doesn't Bill G have a notorious crush on Bitsy? Or was that in years past?

Barbara could've said a lot about cheating, given her confessions in her book Audition.

Jeanolo

Jeanolo

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 8:14 AM

I paid close attention when Bitsy was discussing the cheat-proofing thing. She did clarify that she meant that she could control only herself, NOT her spouse. She clearly agrees with Whoopi after a lot of arguing. She started off talking about divorce in the NFL and the military, and about a book that I believe she said Tim got from someone in the NFL (his coach maybe?) that talked about the things YOU can do to reduce YOUR risk of cheating. The whole gateway thing she has referred to before. Like not having lunch with someone of the opposite sex. You don't put yourself in any position that can lead to the emotional affair that preceeds the physical affair. I presume that early on in their marriage, Tim and Bits both read and talked about this book, and agreed to follow the "rules." She has probably held up her end of the bargain, and she seems to think Tim has as well? I just don't see Bits being close to anyone, really. She is so brittle, cold, rigid, and sexless in spite of her outward attractiveness. Tim seemed the much more human being the few times I have watched him. Whether either one is a cheater? I have no clue.

For the record, I just don't see Bits "pleasuring" Sweatie Gedde (uggggh)- it's probably all flirtation and delusion on the Sweatie Pig's part. Bits just knows how to play him.

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 9:25 AM

A few years ago, she raised the topic of Tim having pizza with a mom (or moms?) of their kids' playmates. I forget how it all shook out but I think that Bitsy was not happy with it. I guess they (or she) really do subscribe to the idea that this kind of thing leads to affairs. And she often has said that what drives marriages is "FEAR of divorce." What a sad world view.

Meanwhile, she wears her hair in an elaborate updo for Geddie's birthday because he likes it that way.

Funny how she lumps NFL with the military. Give me a break. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 10:03 AM

Am I delusional (just watching this show makes me so) or did Babs show that exact same Kirstie Alley clip a week or so ago? "shall we take a look?" (or shall we simply puke?) Its bad enough to see them when she's pimping some "special" but when she post-pimps for a "special" that never happened...

We did see it. Babs is not going let us forget that it really did happen people. LOL.

jumper sage

jumper sage

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

Bitsy has expressed an irrational level of hate for Angelina (because of the Brad/Aniston thing - how funny now that her running buddy has done something similar.)

What? MUMBLES please tell all.

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

I didn't know a Black Bitsy existed! Hi Stacey. Okay, you can go away now. We know you're only saying this shit for publicity. That's a shame because I was really excited to hear a cogent argument for voting for Romney, but no, nothing but air between the ears. So sad.

A brief look of pain did flash across her expression. I wondered if she had seen it in her own parents, family, or close friends. You would think that her husband would not be dumb enough to stray when she is such a cash cow and they have several young kids. However, relationships have come apart under the same circumstances every day.

That's exactly the reason why some men cheat - because of insecurity. Sex is not really about men being so infatuated with a beautiful woman that they lose their minds and suddenly can't control their penis. Sex (like drugs and food) can be used to comfort insecurities and fears. Men who tie their masculinity and sense of worth into being the breadwinner, and have a wife that is the primary source of income, can use extramarital indiscretions to gain back a sense of power and feelings of manhood. I think Elizabeth's relationship is in danger if her husband is one of the many men who define manhood by the bank account.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

Dr. Phil's "Ooh! Cat fight!" today as the ladies were chiming in during the gender "discussion" with regards to affairs between powerful men & the women who they cheat with was nauseating. Ugh. What a pig. Speaks volumes as to what kind of a guy he really is.

But BW gets props for answering back that they have many an argument on the show, but it is never a "cat fight."

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

I didn't know a Black Bitsy existed! Hi Stacey. Okay, you can go away now.

Every day we get more evidence that the American people are smart, very smart, to choose the way they did. Romney, Fox News, Petraeus, McCain are all busy with their attacks, snide remarks, whitewashing of scandals, etc. They all have at least one flaw in common...cold, cold hearts for the struggling Americans who are left behind.

And the View surprises us with young Stacey, who fits the mold. The arrogant attitude "I've got mine! It's your fault if you don't have yours!" is apparently one-size-fits-all when it comes to conservatives. Although it's dawned on some of them that they have to change their demographic and embrace minorities, have-nots, women, unemployed, and the Hispanic immigrants who are contributing to America too, in the end the differences are immolated into sameness. How ironic--a young black woman cloaked in the angry old white man persona that America has REJECTED.

caseyanne

caseyanne

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 1:30 PM

Maybe that was Bitsy in disguise. :o

itsmejessica

itsmejessica

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:01 PM

Stacy Dash co hosted a national talk show? I had not heard of her in years. I guess standing with Romney gave her lots of publicity. Would she be co hosting The View if she had not made a point to tell people she was voting for Romney? She knows what she is doing. Does she believe what she talking about, who knows?

Edited by itsmejessica, Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:03 PM.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

Barbara stopped herself when she was trying to explain Ms Dash's stance,"It's accepted that blacks should vote for blacks and whites should vote for wh--" Lousy comparison, huh Babs?

cheetahchirps

cheetahchirps

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

Maybe someone can refresh my memory because I can't remember Joy's well-received Romney/Republican joke, but Stacy Dash didn't look amused. That was about as much personality as she displayed, and I doubt if even the pretty-female favoring powers at Fox would take on such a drab airhead.

So Dr. Phil thinks its nobody's business if a very high-level government operative has the bad judgement to get involved in an extra-marital affair with a mentally disturbed author because she has a security clearance? And this guy advises people? He seems dumb as dirt.

Barbara stopped herself when she was trying to explain Ms Dash's stance,"It's accepted that blacks should vote for blacks and whites should vote for wh--" Lousy comparison, huh Babs?

lol, but if she had said "white males" she wouldn't have been half wrong.

Edited by cheetahchirps, Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:31 PM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 3:29 PM

"Young" Stacey Dash is 46 years old - same as Clarissa Gingrich & a year older than Sherri! She certainly looks younger than her chronological age, which makes sense since she was playing a teen in Clueless in her 30s.

Vinyasa

Vinyasa

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

Did that girl say one word during the DTWS segment? I swear only Sherri did the talking with Gilles and, of course, she couldn't keep her hands off him.

Bitsy free today! Where was she?

dissy

dissy

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 4:53 PM

Bitsy free today! Where was she?

Probably trying to figure out her feelings about the Petraeus debacle. HA!

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

Probably trying to figure out her feelings about the Petraeus debacle. HA!

Bitsy is trying to find out if Tim is mentioned in any of those 30,000 emails that Jill Kelly sent!

What a slow trainwreck! Barbara asked today "where are the husbands---aren't they both doctors?" Rumors on one of the major cable news channels include talk about Jill and her doctor's million-dollar-plus home being virtually in foreclosure (no payments since 2009 is the rumor); several other properties in foreclosure; a cancer treatment "charity" that has extremely thin details and room for many awkward questions; loads of credit card debt; and nine lawsuits going on for this family. If the General hears about that, he might want to put some distance between Himself and---what did he call her in that email--"Sweetheart"?

Edited by Pepperbird, Nov 15, 2012 @ 5:57 PM.

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 6:52 PM

That comment (even if said properly) is what annoyed me most about the questions directed at Stacy (and the general media's interpretation of the black community's annoyance with Stacy). This is not a race issue because Stacy voted for a white guy instead of the black guy. This is a race issue because a Black woman voted for the candidate with anti-Black positions. The co-hosts similarly got it wrong when talking about what the GOP need to do in the next election cycle - it's not about getting more Latinos on the ticket, it's about having candidates with modern positions on immigration, poverty, and race. The co-hosts' reductionism of minority voters as simpletons who vote for whoever looks most like them is really starting to irk me.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 7:09 PM

Stacey Dash is immortal.

She was recently on a VH1 show that did well enough, but then she left amid rumors she didn't get along with the cast. Amy Heckerling had nothing but nice this to say about her though in the commentary for a Paul Rudd/Michelle Phieffer movie that went straight to DVD, and Amy is pretty honest. I think she is beautiful and I love her voice, her politics not so much.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

Stacy Dash co hosted a national talk show? I had not heard of her in years. I guess standing with Romney gave her lots of publicity. Would she be co hosting The View if she had not made a point to tell people she was voting for Romney? She knows what she is doing. Does she believe what she talking about, who knows?

Great point. Sounds alot like Bitsy except apparantly Ms. Dash has some sort of talent.

I'm pretty sure Bits wouldn't still be on this show if she hadn't decided at some point to fill a role Sweaty Geddie thought was needed. Elisabeth's biggest claim to fame was clashing politically with Rosie O'Donnell and she's been the blonde Republican on this show ever since. I wasn't sure then or now that Bits is really even that interested in politics - but it's kept her working.

Today Stacey Dash is on a network talk show because less than a month before the election she tweeted her support for the Romney/Ryan ticket. I don't think she's that politcal. She didn't show up at the convention or write a letter to the editor/blog - she tweeted. Then three weeks later sent a 1400 page letter defending that decision not to a political blog or a the Washington Post but to TMZ. In it she mentioned she didn't know who Barack Obama was until the Democratic convention in 2008 so I don't think politics is a huge interest for her.

I'm not saying she isn't genuine about her vote but I think she's found a way to capitalize on it. She took a page out of Elisabeth's handbook and today she took her seat at the table.

I love how this show almost never acknowledges when one of them are out. Sometimes when the absent co-host comes back they will say something but more often it's like today - no one even mentioned Bits at all; although Sherri did seem a bit more enthusiastic about things.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Nov 15, 2012 @ 7:48 PM.