Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112689 replies to this topic

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 1:02 PM

Today's show seem taped and boring for me.

Yes, that was the vibe I got (also, too).

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 1:11 PM

Robert DeNiro's discomfort in public is painful to watch.

Yes, and he's such an awesome talent (especially his earlier movies). I started recording as soon as he came out, and I'll watch later. I've always been a huge fan, but you're right - he doesn't like that kind of stuff (interviews, etc.). I'm sure he only came for Whoopi; they actually are good friends. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been there. I even remember Oprah saying she tried to get him on her show, and he just wouldn't do it.

Edited by azure4, Nov 13, 2012 @ 2:15 PM.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

Sherri needs to wake up and see her friend for who she REALLY is.

IA. She must though...right?

Sugarwater

Sugarwater

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

Yes, and he's such an awesome talent (especially his earlier movies). I started recording as soon as he came out, and I'll watch leter. I've always been a huge fan, but you're right - he doesn't like that kind of stuff (interviews, etc.). I'm sure he only came for Whoopi; they actually are good friends. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been there. I even remember Oprah saying she tried to get him on her show, and he just wouldn't do it.

He was also on Kelly and Michael yesterday promoting his film and looked just as uncomfortable.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

I find Sherri just as annoying (sometimes moreso) than Elisabeth. Iím sure each of them can see the other ďas they really areĒ. But itís kind of like office politics Ė they rub shoulders and suck up to each other for the sake of the job/money. Neither TPTB at ABC nor Barbara and Geddie would tolerate tension between them Ė at least nothing major that could be picked up by the viewers. If the walls in Sherriís home or Elisabethís home could talk, that would be another story.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 2:40 PM

You didn't miss a thing whydoIwatchtv. I think it was taped and I thought it was bad. And not awesome-ly bad but dull bad.

This being the middle of the month and all Joy did a Month in Review without a single funny joke. There was an overtop awkward "interview" with Robert De Niro because apparently he knows Whoopi and she begged him to come on the show. Then the pigs at the trough where Whoopi shoveled it in the whole time and Sherri was calling for Rachel Ray's husband to bring her a drink and when he didn't do it fast enough she got up and got another one. I think we were supposed to see how he made the drinks but the co-hosts didn't ask or care as they filled their pie holes.

I did see Babs get a mention on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live show last night. He noted that at 83 she is still at it and currently is in a feud with three separate celebrities: Trump, Lohan, and Minaj. Ha! Go Babs.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Nov 13, 2012 @ 2:44 PM.

bannana

bannana

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 3:34 PM

Somehow I think if DeNiro is shy about appearing on shows like the View, and he did it for Whoopi (guess he must also be besties with Kelly Ripa?) then she shouldn't repeatedly point out that it makes him uncomfortable.

On yesterday's show, Bitsy got shut down a couple of times by Babs, ha!

But also, do they seriously think Calista's hairdo is attractive? She had a helmet on her head.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:08 PM

(guess he must also be besties with Kelly Ripa?)

I seriously doubt that. I have no idea why he appeared on that show. DeNiro was also Jimmy Fallon's first guest when he started his talk show - when Oprah asked Jimmy how he got DeNiro, Jimmy never really answered.

DeNiro and Whoopi have been friends (real friends) for a long, long time.

Edited by azure4, Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:09 PM.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:08 PM

Then the pigs at the trough where Whoopi shoveled it in the whole time and Sherri was calling for Rachel Ray's husband to bring her a drink and when he didn't do it fast enough she got up and got another one. I think we were supposed to see how he made the drinks but the co-hosts didn't ask or care as they filled their pie holes.

Yeah, the "Ladies who lunch" segment is about as interesting as watching a bunch of people at a restaurant order food and eat it. What is the point?

OhioSongbird

OhioSongbird

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:41 PM

Haven't seen today's show yet but yesterday Bits and Babs were in ummm...uuuh...damn--I'm at a loss for words (and if you ask my friends that doesn't happen often).

Babs--Petraeus scandal being the lead story everywhere you have to take the whole first segment to tell us LL was going to do 20/20 but cancelled the final interview to go live on Jay Leno so you point out "I had the get...we had video before you..na-na-na-na-na-". Fuckin' who cares about LL!! I care more about my national security not some sad kid who can't get her act together. She just has to point it out. Babe...retire already. I noticed Sherri had to help her up the steps yesterday.

Bits--Oh, Lord where do I begin? When Kristen Wiig on SNL did her parody I thought it was a bit over the top but Bits has risen to the occasion. Girl was out here with the eyes, hands etc. And I didn't know she 'knows' Paula. Babe...meeting someone once doesn't mean you know someone. Why is this woman still on my TV?

I'm like most of y'all...just waiting for the blowup/trainwreck soon to come.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:51 PM

When Kristen Wiig on SNL did her parody I thought it was a bit over the top but Bits has risen to the occasion.

Nah, Kristen was right on target, LMAO!

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 5:00 PM

Sherri was calling for Rachel Ray's husband to bring her a drink and when he didn't do it fast enough she got up and got another one. I think we were supposed to see how he made the drinks but the co-hosts didn't ask or care as they filled their pie holes.

I've stopped watching the show on a regular basis, but did stop flipping channels at this point. Sherri's rush seemed ridiculous, but that was topped by Elisabeth's question about what was in a drink or how to make it... then just talking over what he was saying. I'll assume Rachel Ray warned her husband about the women.

But also, do they seriously think Calista's hairdo is attractive? She had a helmet on her head.

I wasn's so sure that Barbara asked that question in a complimentary manner. I took it as one of those questions they could "mean girl" about later.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

Sherri's gluttony was the worst I've ever seen her do today. She just shoveled and shoveled it in - couldn't believe it because I don't think she even swallowed. But she had to - didn't she?

I'm thinking she was told in her ear to do something with the drinks. She totally ignored RR's huband, not even glancing at him before she sprung up to get the drinks. Odd.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 6:21 PM

Maybe they asked Whoopi what she wanted for her birthday and she said THE DAY OFF.

I thought the comic yesterday was bad, but today's was horrificly bad.

Edited by braggtastic, Nov 13, 2012 @ 6:37 PM.

fl2dc

fl2dc

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

I noticed Sherri had to help her up the steps yesterday.

I thought so too, but then it seemed that there was some wire there that's not usually there, and they all seemed a bit startled by it and tried to carefully maneuver around it.

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 6:33 PM

It just seemed like they taped this and took another day off.

Of course they taped it. Can you imagine Whoopi working on her birthday? I did like her little yellow boots though, and enjoyed her endorsement of Skechers, which I love too.

'Scuse me, but I thought Robert De Niro owed us fans a bit more enthusiasm. He is a wonderful actor, but was having minimal emotional interaction with the View environment and people around him. I wonder what the story is about his long friendship with Whoopi?

Bitsy and the military: I've always thought that Bitsy glommed onto the Generals because she was such a drooling supporter of George W Bush and his many, many unfunded wars. I recall how she wriggled and bounced next to Barbara, all tingly, when the Surge occurred. Didn't Pertraeus nominally lead the surge? To Bitsy it was probably all a Freudian wet dream.

Like Bitsy, Obama's always had unquestioning awe of the American Generals. He postponed getting out of the Bush wars because the Generals kept telling him we had to stay there blah, blah, blah. (They just wanted higher retirement pay and civilian opportunities once they got out of the service.) My blood froze when he appointed Petraeus to be Director of the CIA, because I was reminded of unquestioning Bits and her General worship.

And now the chickens have come home to roost, for Bitsy and (sadly) for Obama. If either one had spent time in the service, they would've known about the vanity, lust, and greed of "Generals."

bannana

bannana

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 6:41 PM

I wonder what the story is about his long friendship with Whoopi?

I have always assumed that meant that they "did it" since she seems to have screwed just about everyone.

(guess he must also be besties with Kelly Ripa?)

I seriously doubt that. I have no idea why he appeared on that show. DeNiro was also Jimmy Fallon's first guest when he started his talk show - when Oprah asked Jimmy how he got DeNiro, Jimmy never really answered.

So my point here was that Whoopi made this huge deal about how DeNiro was on the View and never does stuff like this, and of course he was on that fluff Kelly and Michael show. Maybe she didn't know that because they taped it in advance, but to the viewer it looked ridiculous. I just saw the guy on that other dumb morning show! Hey, maybe he will be on with KL and Hoda next!

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

I did see Babs get a mention on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live show last night. He noted that at 83 she is still at it and currently is in a feud with three separate celebrities: Trump, Lohan, and Minaj. Ha! Go Babs.

She's feuding with Trump? She actually stood up to him and risked a dinner invite?

I thought it would be funny if the panel had greedily drank Rachel Ray's husband's cocktails but then they didn't. I would have.

susieq147

susieq147

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 7:09 PM

Not only is Sherri a pig, she's a rude pig. She asked if they had to go "up there" to get the drinks. "Up there" being a few feet away, not on top of Mt. Everest. And then she has her hand held up just waiting for Rachael Ray's husband to bring her one. I can just imagine how she acts in a restaurant. I could see her having diva tendancies.

I always thought a show's hosts were supposed to be make the guests feel at home, but with the View it's the reverse. The production of this show has seriously deterioriated over the past several years. Declining quality of guests, more filler segments and IMO contributing nothing of any value to it's viewers.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

I wonder what the story is about his long friendship with Whoopi?

I have always assumed that meant that they "did it" since she seems to have screwed just about everyone.

OMG banana, you owe me a new keyboard! And some brain bleach please. I have to say DeNiro telling us that Whoopi has good taste had me giving him the side-eye but then he qualified it that he meant the stuff in her house so maybe it's true.

She's feuding with Trump? She actually stood up to him and risked a dinner invite?

I'm sure it's temporary. Remember a couple weeks ago when that clown wanted the POTUS to show him his college admission papers for a $5 million donation to a charity? Babs told him via the camera that he needed to calm the fuck down. Not in those words of course but that was the gist. I'm sure they have made up by now, lol.

I've seen Robert DeNiro on Jimmy Fallon's show and some other places. It all depends on the host so predicably this sucked. If he and Whoopi are really friends she should be embarrassed and apologize to the man. And to us.

Pepperbird

Pepperbird

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

Every time I see the Rach and her husband, I think of those tabloid stories about his extremely unusual sexual demands and consequent addiction to prostitutes that she discovered after their ideal romantic wedding in Italy. They're a cute couple, and I like Rachel so much that I hope the stories were greatly exaggerated or better yet, not true. But the tabs even claimed to interview and get specifics from one of the participants.

Rachel is highly supportive of his band, but wouldn't you know, the public who has heard them perform have a broad range of opinions.

Hershey4

Hershey4

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

Well, I have to admit that before watching today's show, I thought the comments about Sherri must be exaggerated. I was wrong. That swine should not be allowed to eat on camera. She didn't even talk during the whole segment because she was too busy shoving food in her mouth. The producers should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this crap to go on the air.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

I have to add a comment about the "Hilarious Housewives" contest. First of all, it's a dated concept. Very few women describe themselves as "housewives" today. Calling it that infers that women with careers are excluded.

Today's wannabe comedienne was AWFUL. she's trying to be raunchy like a Phyllis Diller/Cloris Leachman clone, and it just fell flat (yeah, as flat as her chest! HAHA!) It's one thing for a woman to make fun of her body, but when the context is all about her husband's enjoyment of sex with her, it's kind of creepy. IF Bitsy told the joke about nipples on her shoulder blades, I'd be disgusted. Hearing it from a grandmother - sorry, I'm creeped out.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:46 PM

When they first started this amateur comic competition, didn't they have a few men, too? Can't remember what they called it then. Maybe it was just "How funny are you?" or someting.

GrrlPower

GrrlPower

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:22 AM

First of all, it's a dated concept. Very few women describe themselves as "housewives" today. Calling it that infers that women with careers are excluded.

Although stay at-home mom is more appropriate, I didn't have a problem with the term housewives. It is meant to exclude women who work outside the home. It's a term meant to describe women who make managing their home a career. I don't know that the concept is all that dated as there are millions of women who make caring for their family their sole job. At worst, the term housewives can be called retro as it was outdated and has made a recent comeback thanks to Bravo.

Edited by GrrlPower, Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:23 AM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 2:18 AM

I can't figure out those comedian contests. Sure, they are designed to be filler and it's also a way to toss some work to Mario Cantone although I'm not sure why the need him. Supposedly there are three comedians on the show already - guess Whoopi can't hang around for the full hour. My initial fear was it's also being used as way for Bits to audition her Seacrest skills - but since she has none then maybe it's just a fantasy for her.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

When Elisabeth said "salicious" she meant "salacious" right? Oh well. Irregardless...

Sailing

Sailing

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

Loved Bits' visible discomfort and annoyance at having to cast the Petraeus affair movie. "I'm only doing this because I have to" indeed. Joy and Babs certainly seemed to enjoy it, though. Suck it up, Bitsy!

Please, no more hilarious housewives comedy segments. If this dreck is the best of the crop, I'd hate to see what they rejected.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

When Elisabeth said "salicious" she meant "salacious" right? Oh well. Irregardless...

Hee! Even better -- I thought she said "silicious." And I also thought I caught a look of awkward uncertainty on her face immediately after she said it, like she wasn't sure if it was a word or not .. LOL, awesome.

Perhaps she will come back here to see whether we caught it. "Hey Bits! I see that you got your roots done! Go team RWB!!!!"

Loved Bits' visible discomfort and annoyance at having to cast the Petraeus affair movie. "I'm only doing this because I have to" indeed. Joy and Babs certainly seemed to enjoy it, though. Suck it up, Bitsy!

Did you see her face when Joy was giving her picks? The look of pure disdain. Oh, and she'd pick Angelina Jolie to play her running bestie. Heh.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

Did you see her face when Joy was giving her picks? The look of pure disdain. Oh, and she'd pick Angelina Jolie to play her running bestie. Heh

I played it back a couple of times Bitsy first said Angelie Jolie but then corrected with Angie Hartman....did she mean Angie Harmon another conserative to go with Gary Sanese(sp)? Joy said Big Angie from Mob Wives for Paula.