Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112749 replies to this topic

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 7:41 AM

Wednesday Whoopi said something like ďWE donít want to talk about DWTS but we want to mention that Jaleel White was voted off Ė sorry SherriĒ. Sorry Sherri?? WTF?? So they no longer discuss DWTS because Sherriís unpopular, disliked, bad-dancing ass didnít get enough votes and was booted off the third week? Do they think itís traumatic for Sherri if they mention DWTS? What a crock.

Not only that, but Sherri kept saying that it was Roshon who left, and after someone said Jaleel, she said, yes, Jaleel left.

I'm sure they'll be talking about DWTS again when Sherri gets to back during the finale.

And I'm positive the stupid producers or whoever told the audience to sit with dead expressions and to not raise their hands or clap when asked if anyone was offended by the Ashton ad. And how convenient that right there, in the front row, was an Indian woman, who shook her head and said she wasn't offended.

I don't blame the Indian community for being offended. It was done in poor taste, because it was obvious to me, that it was a white man making fun of an Indian man, and the particular accent Ashton was using is used by the more uneducated people and not any producer/director in Bollywood.

What I got from their reaction or non-reaction was that people should only get offended if it's white guys playacting as African-Americans because Sherri says so.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 8:08 AM

And I'm positive the stupid producers or whoever told the audience to sit with dead expressions and to not raise their hands or clap when asked if anyone was offended by the Ashton ad. And how convenient that right there, in the front row, was an Indian woman, who shook her head and said she wasn't offended.

I didn't see the point in asking the audience that question in the first place. Why ask a studio audience full of mostly white people if they find a racist ad in which they are not the target offensive? That's like asking a mostly straight audience(which is mostly likely true of this audience as well)if an ad they saw was really homophobic or not? Who are they to really make that call? And I though it was a little too convenient as well that their just happened to be an Indian woman right there in the front row that they could have speak on the behalf of all Indian people by saying she wasn't offended either. This show is about as subtle as a brick.

Edited by Turkish, May 4, 2012 @ 8:09 AM.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

Interesting that Sherri doesn't want to talk about her great DWTS family AT ALL. Even if you're pissed that you didn't last longer, where's the fake love for all the people left? Gah, she really is a shallow bitch. And I do find it entertaining that my cable guide still lists every Wednesday as, "Sherri reporting from the set of Dancing With The Stars". heh

I do have to agree that as a lapsed Christian, Elisabeth and Sherri downright piss me off with all the Jesus/bible stuff. Or rather I'm annoyed that Barbara lets it continue as much as it does... even to the point of giggling about Elisabeth giving HER Christian reading material. Maybe they know their demo is middle America red state Christian, but I sure would love to see ANYTHING else represented as well.

Bony Prominence

Bony Prominence

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 8:51 AM

And I though it was a little too convenient as well that their just happened to be an Indian woman right there in the front row that they could have speak on the behalf of all Indian people by saying she wasn't offended either.

If only she had said, "Well, not as offensive as telling "Glitter-glasses to go light a bowl of incense".

High Tea

High Tea

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:01 AM

I tuned in a couple of time this week for the first time in a long time. Just curious to see if they were still as horrible as I recall. They did not disappoint. They are worse than ever.

Joy was her usual, angry self with that mean, old sour face.

Babs can't keep those crypt keeper hands of hers down. It's a distraction from the horror of that panel. That dam brooch looked like hard candy. Then she proclaims: a family who is making it without being rewarded with a reality show for being dysfunctional freaks ala Snookie and The Kardouchians, should of course; get a reality show. Made me wish (yet again) that the old hag would just retire and go away. I recall a book years ago written by a butler to Marlo Thomas; he blabbed on BW for being a rude and dismissive bitch, who treated "the help" like crap. I beleive it.

Thank-you Whoopi for the ART 101 class. Pretty obnoxious, imo. I saw pictures of her NYC apartment, loft, warehouse space...whatever it was, when it was on the market. Glad she bought art she likes to look at.

Is it my immagination or does Elisabeth now speak like Sarah Palin with. those. strange. pauses? She also seems more hyper than usual and still has foam in the corners of her mouth. The myth that she knows fashion is rather embarassing to watch, along with BW acting like she wanted to make out with her because of her tacky sequin top. Elsabeth clearly thinks of herself as a "hip" young mom. I think of her as a bug eater who should be back on a desert island with her a bible and an unlimted supply of Gluten laden food.

If the Indian community is offended by the Ashton ad; then the FEMALE universe should be really pissed off about this panel of gossipy, biased, foul, uninformed, bitter, nasty, judgemental....women. IMO they represent the worst of them and no I don't care how much money they've earned in Hollywood or anywhere else.

Just. Awful.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:38 AM

BlueSapphires:

Interesting that Sherri doesn't want to talk about her great DWTS family AT ALL. Even if you're pissed that you didn't last longer, where's the fake love for all the people left? Gah, she really is a shallow bitch. And I do find it entertaining that my cable guide still lists every Wednesday as, "Sherri reporting from the set of Dancing With The Stars". heh

Yes, I'm sure that Sherri and everyone associated with the View assumed that she would be on a lot longer, and now she's pissed that The View audience didn't vote to keep her on. Being on TV every day, it would make sense that people are more familiar with her than with dancers who haven't been on a regular tv show in a while, or people who most watchers aren't familiar with. But it seems that it's actually dancing talent that keeps you on DWTS, not asking people to vote for you.

In past Hot Topics, Sherri has often seemed to lack a basic understanding of how these shows work. I recall a couple of times, when reporting on American Idol, she really thought that contestants were eliminated because people voted AGAINST them. (and sometimes she'd say or imply that people voted along racial lines) She also didn't seem to understand that EVERYONE can't stay on, if you don't go home, someone else does.

Sherri's appreciation of DWTS has often been around the hot male dancers taking their shirts off. Surprising that she wasn't all over this week's group dances.
If she wanted to show CLASS, she would be gracious in reporting about DWTS, and maybe express sadness that she isn't still on the show. The way she's handling it is to pretend it never happened, so I assume she's bitter that other dancers got the votes she thought she deserved.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:11 AM

I really do not believe it IS actual dancing talent that keeps you on DWTS. Look at Melissa Gilbert and that Palin girl among other examples. I just think Sherri acted like an embarrassing buffoon and the audience could not take it. Boy she is one shallow, bitter bitch to not rave about it anymore. Knocked her down a few pegs for a minute.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:12 AM

Sherri's appreciation of DWTS has often been around the hot male dancers taking their shirts off. Surprising that she wasn't all over this week's group dances.
If she wanted to show CLASS, she would be gracious in reporting about DWTS, and maybe express sadness that she isn't still on the show. The way she's handling it is to pretend it never happened, so I assume she's bitter that other dancers got the votes she thought she deserved.

Yep, BackForMore, it's a little different now than even past seasons. Before she was a competitor, Sherri was always excited after every DWTS show and couldn't wait to report on it...couldn't wait to interview the eliminated dancers (those willing to come on the show after Elisabeth criticized Erin Andrews' dancing attire). Now it's like the show no longer exists--even Elisabeth has lost interest. Guess all that original fandom was simply the vehicle to get her on the show. After YEARS...it worked. What's her next goal?

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:13 AM

I actually wanted to hear Whoopi talk more about art. It's the first time in a long time that she seemed excited and into something. I bet she's got some great pieces. I would have liked to hear more about what she actually has, and not so much dumbass Sherri asking about auctions.

I think a normal person would talk MORE about a show they appeared on. Sherri finally got to do it and know the people really well. Why the hell would you clam up when you can finally speak personally about the dancers, celebrities, the whole process, what we don't know or see on the show, etc.? Sour grapes.

nicole8705

nicole8705

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:17 AM

I'm also not sure why Sherri is so pressed with getting kicked off of DWTS. She has a reocurring guest role on 30 Rock, she had a role in Think Like A Man which was #1 in the box office last week or the week before that, not to mention her actual job as a panelist on The View. DWTS was certainly not the end all to be all for her so the fact that she is so upset with being kicked off is just petty.

bonnierae

bonnierae

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

I'm also not sure why Sherri is so pressed with getting kicked off of DWTS. She has a reocurring guest role on 30 Rock, she had a role in Think Like A Man which was #1 in the box office last week or the week before that, not to mention her actual job as a panelist on The View. DWTS was certainly not the end all to be all for her so the fact that she is so upset with being kicked off is just petty.

Also, doesn't Sherri host that train wreck of a game show "The Newlywed Game?"

This woman is such a joke! She is a poor loser, for sure!

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

Yeah, Sherri is all over like horse manure. She's as fake as her shit eatin grin. She must have a wonderful agent!

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:06 PM

It's difficult to eat crow after brag-brag-braging about how she LOVES to dance, dances all the time. Then the backpedaling...saying that she couldn't dance. Then the gossip about her "early encounters" (lessons) with the Chmerkovskiy studio. And then...the loss, the shocking "we was robbed" loss! There are things to be embarrassed about. Oh, the humanity!

Sherri should stick to acting...playing a part, adhering to the script and the director's instructions. She's not nearly as annoying. What happened to her movie they touted on The View...the Janet Evanovich film?

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:08 PM

What happened to her movie they touted on The View...the Janet Evanovich film?

It died a very quick death at the box office.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:25 PM

I really do not believe it IS actual dancing talent that keeps you on DWTS. Look at Melissa Gilbert and that Palin girl among other examples. I just think Sherri acted like an embarrassing buffoon and the audience could not take it. Boy she is one shallow, bitter bitch to not rave about it anymore. Knocked her down a few pegs for a minute.

ITA Scout56. I'm a big fan of DWTS, and I've followed it closely for 14 seasons. It's not always about dancing ability - the fans have quite a bit of power to keep people on. Fan votes do not = winning the trophy, but, for example, Melissa Gilbert and Gladys Knight are not great dancers, but their fanbases kept them on. I even think Gladys would still be on had it not beem for the 'dance duel' where the judges have the last say. OTOH, Sherri is anoying as hell, but yes, (as someone else said) she/The View thought she would last a lot longer. I loved it when she got eliminated )wish it had been week 1). I felt no sympathy at all for her. Just another example of Sherri getting a fat check for acting like a buffoon.

Whoopi saying Sherri was robbed was total BS. She admits she doesn't watch the show and she damn sure doesn't vote.

Edited by isotonerz, May 4, 2012 @ 2:27 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:32 PM

The myth that she knows fashion is rather embarassing to watch, along with BW acting like she wanted to make out with her because of her tacky sequin top. Elsabeth clearly thinks of herself as a "hip" young mom.

There is Young Mom [twenties?] and then there is Teen Mom which is the style Bits like to wear. I noticed most the fashion styles, if not the actual clothes, in today's Teen fashion segment are things that Bits has sported herself in recent weeks; most notably the bright red pants the 15 year old boy was wearing today.

I thought that Bitsy trying to create a book club out of Sweaty Geddies' book pick was the height of irony but this show topped itself when it asked Bruce Jenner how he "motivates" his kids to work hard and study hard. Huh? Unless he said, "I told 'em to put out a sex tape and get a reality show." I'd say he has very little to do with motiviating his own kids, much less the Kartrashian stepkids.

Edited by Cosmocrush, May 4, 2012 @ 4:11 PM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:44 PM

I got hooked into an episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. One of Bruce's kids - dunno know which tween but she wanted a new pair of shoes or something so Bruce tired of forking over cash or credit card decided that he would make her work for the new purchase. He would have her due chores around the house and she would get paid. So off she goes to walk the family dog but she meets a neighbour (or a hired dog walker of the neighbour) who is walking other dogs and befire you know it she pays the guy to walk poochie and pockets the rest of cash while she returns home to watch tv. I think she got Momager Kris' genes. Bruce eventually caught on when his toy helicopters landed near the guy washing the car or windows which was a designated task he assigned to his greedy kid.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

How cute was Joy with Thor? She kind of tried to touch his bicep surreptitiously, but he caught her out & wound up tickling her, putting his arm around her etc. I think Sherri was jealous.

Tunia

Tunia

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:45 PM

So off she goes to walk the family dog but she meets a neighbour (or a hired dog walker of the neighbour) who is walking other dogs and befire you know it she pays the guy to walk poochie and pockets the rest of cash

And even this scenario is not original...it was stolen directly from an episode of "King of Queens" where Carrie pulls the same trick while she's between her regular employment.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 6:29 PM

Time to return to talking about things that happened on this show, please.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:57 PM

OMG.
This article is several weeks old, but it said that Howard Stern will be visiting The View. WHAT?

Howard Stern to visit The View

Not believing what I was reading, I checked and he is scheduled to appear this Thursday May 10. (He's promoting America's Got Talent . . .he's the newest judge, replacing Piers Morgan.) Well, I will believe it when I see it - and if it does happen I.WILL.NOT.MISS.IT.

I didn't know that BW was interviewed by Howard on his radio show in 2010. Interesting.

BW interviewed by Howard in 2010

(There are 3 parts to the interview.)
Lots more I could say, but for now I'll just say OMFG, gird your loins.

Edited by isotonerz, May 5, 2012 @ 12:17 AM.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 12:23 AM

How cute was Joy with Thor? She kind of tried to touch his bicep surreptitiously, but he caught her out & wound up tickling her, putting his arm around her etc. I think Sherri was jealous.

I thought Joy "patted" his six-pack and he tried to do the same to her. I was extremely PROUD of Sherri during the interview with two of the Avengers. Not only did she keep her hands to herself, but (sitting between Chris Evans and Bruce Jenner)she looked like she was making a real effort to clasp her hands together.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 10:32 AM

Yes, Howard and Barbara are friends now. Howard pretty much made up with everyone he ever feuded with except Jay Leno. Sherri will just plaster on her fake smile and congratulate him for something.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

There is really nothing to be proud of Sherri for, I just think she was takin down a few pegs to reality when she was voted off DWTS as early as she was by what she thought were her fans. She might of read the comments all over the forums stating how sick of her hypocritical Christian/horny, big boob talking act was that this is why she dosn't seem to be that animated clown acting buffoon that much that I have noticed anyway. I do believe she'll be back in full form soon though. It's her 'act'.

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

Yes, Howard and Barbara are friends now.

Yes, as someone pointed out up-thread, Babs kowtows to people with money and when Howard went to satellite he got a huge payday. Plus Howard and his wife are big in the Hamptons scene and I'm sure Babs runs into them a lot there.

Howard pretty much made up with everyone he ever feuded with except Jay Leno.

True - and interestingly enough, this includes Rosie O'D, with whom he's been getting along famously of late. I'd love for him to bring that up, just to watch them squirm but I doubt that he will.

I'm pretty sure the Howard crew has talked about how they can't stand Bitsy on air, so she'll sit there with her pissy face. But she won't dare start something with him. It would be ugly.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:42 AM

Thanks for filling in some holes for me, folks.

I used to listen to Howard sometimes way back before he went to Sirius. I actually liked his celebrity interviews, and tried to ignore the overgrown frat guy stuff. But itís been a while.

I recall there was a time when The View purposely would not even mention his name Ė Star Jones in particular hated him with a passion. I also remember that he and Rosie were bitter, vile enemies (although I know now they're Ďfriendsí ). I didnít know that he and BW were such buds. Hmmm. (Loved the part on one of the interview segments where BW says something about Geddie and HS suggests she sleep with Geddie since (referring to ďAuditionĒ) she doesnít mind sleeping with married men. Ha!)

Seems that HS mellowed a lot after getting involved with/marrying his second wife, Beth. She seems to have been making appearances on lots of mainstream talk shows over the past few years.

EH will definitely NOT start anything with HS. It would be so ugly. She isnít that stupid. Getting spunky with Kathy Griffin and Bill Maher is one thing Ė Howard Stern is a whole Ďnother animal.

OhioSongbird

OhioSongbird

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

What movie was that?

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

The movie with Sherri Shepherd? The movie Katherine Heigl promoted on The View? It's called "One for the Money," in theaters for a moment.

OhioSongbird

OhioSongbird

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

Thanks Former Nun. Didn't remember that as I tend to zone out sometimes.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

EH will definitely NOT start anything with HS. It would be so ugly. She isnít that stupid. Getting spunky with Kathy Griffin and Bill Maher is one thing Ė Howard Stern is a whole Ďnother animal.

My prediction - Bitsy will sit, scratch her arms, make that Face like she's sucking on a lemon, fidget, cross and uncross her legs, but not say much while Stern is there.

But the NEXT day, when he can't argue or interrupt, she will let us know what she thinks of Howard Stern.