Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112737 replies to this topic

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

For anyone who has it recorded and/or hasn't watched it yet: Check out Joy's face when Bitsy asks Dianna from Glee who she would like to work with and Dianna says that she would love it if Whoopi came back and then Whoopi says that she would love to go back, if BW allows her to ... check out the look of pure disdain on Joy's face, I think she even rolled her eyes. But they all loooovvve each other.

bannana

bannana

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:33 PM

BaWa just had to defend Trump (that poor pathetic man, according to her in 07) when Gloria Allred rightly pointed out what an asshole he has been through this whole thing. Trump is just doing his usual double-talk and fictionalizing of what happened and what he said/meant. I admit, I loathe the man, but BaWa coming to his defense is so predictable and pathetic.

WTF was Whoopi wearing today! Prison garb?

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

WTF was Whoopi wearing today! Prison garb?

I thought it was an old table cloth.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

Whoopi wearing two completely different shoes was not cool, not amusing, just an obvious ploy for attention. That's the type of thing high school kids do (two different shoes, shirt inside out, etc.). Stupid, especially for a 56 yr old woman.

dhall60

dhall60

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 1:04 PM

These three things were just what I wanted to comment on also. When Whoopi walked out I thought it went down all the way to her shoes but, alas, no we got to see the one black shoe and one red shoe. I would have liked that prison robe to wear to sleep in during the winter...

BW asking how she has sex after her operation, and asking it in hushed tones, wearing a leather suit. It was so tawdry...

When the girl from Glee mentioned that she'd like to work with Christopher Walken, they sure were able to get that picture up quickly, weren't they? But they want us to believe they aren't scripted...

BW had very little to say about Mike WAllace. Probably because he WAS a journalist, and she isn't...

Edited by dhall60, Apr 9, 2012 @ 1:05 PM.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

As far as Stedman (talk about humourless!) goes: I've never heard so much double-speak and jibberish! I can't believe for a second that anyone takes anything he has to say seriously and if he wasn't O's partner he'd be selling used cars somewhere.

LOL. Exactly. Run Oprah Run. Guy is so frustrating. It was too much work trying to figure out what he was saying or should I say not saying.

As for Miss Universe. Who cares?

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

I backed up my DVR three times with the question of Whoopi returning to Glee and Joy was in profile when she brought it up. And when Whoopi said "if Barbara lets me" Joy smiled. So I hope an eye rolling was in reference to BW becasue she is out of line the majority of the time.

This is OT but Bitsy tweeted Pig Gedde's daughter music video and he is it and looking more piggy than usual. So some of the panel love each other a great deal. Sorry I have been unsuccessful with linking.
Barbara defending Trump is the lowest of the low, she would sell her mother to keep her standing in what she considers society. It is not o.k. for Joy to mention her granson (a baby)threw up but whoopi can talk about fecal matter under her finger nails, or her pooping in her bed while in a drug week. Guess what Barbara, I do not wantto know about the transgenered sex life.
Oh and that toothbrush commerical with Bitsy the other day was a real wet dream for BG. Real stupid.

Edited by athousandclowns, Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:03 PM.

boomj

boomj

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 7:13 PM

Call me crazy but Bit's video of her son could be termed child abuse, what on earth was she thinking? Whoops, take that back, this is bits we are talking about.

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

Ugh. When Donald Trump is fighting with Gloria Allred, it's very hard to know who to root for. They are both despicable self-promoting fame whores, but in different ways. Of course, Babs had to stand up for her boy Donald. I did get a kick out of how serious Gloria was taking this latest crusade. For cripes sake it's just a dumb beauty pageant.

Don't know the point of Bitsy's video. The kid eats the chocolate yesterday, and this morning he's cranky. And....?

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:53 PM

This article made me think differently of Allred and her whole business model. I liked when Allred jumped in with that cheesy joke about the most painful cut when a man becomes a woman is the cut in salary, and of course Joy loved it. Joy's jokes are so easy to write, she really is like Fozzy Bear.

Lava VaVoom

Lava VaVoom

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

For cripes sake it's just a dumb beauty pageant.

Yes, it is, but the underlying issue is much greater, IMO. If Sherri were there, surely she'd be weighing in with how God doesn't make mistakes and these transgendered people are just wrong and should pray to accept themselves as they are.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

I just didn't get what Joy didn't get about the surgery being excruciatingly painful. Or that the pagent did not require the contestants to show their genetalia. She raised that question twice, each.

Gee, Elisabeth - how about feeding your kid a real breakfast before the easter egg hunt or candy. Not have him chomping on chocolate at 7:05am. Perhaps she has reconsidered her Gracie in the closet eating candy debacle from several years ago.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:05 AM

If Sherri were there, surely she'd be weighing in with how God doesn't make mistakes and these transgendered people are just wrong and should pray to accept themselves as they are.

Not if the person is there. She'd just get that frozen smile and wide-eyed look she gets whenever they talk about gay rights.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:09 AM

Gee, Elisabeth - how about feeding your kid a real breakfast before the easter egg hunt or candy. Not have him chomping on chocolate at 7:05am.

LOL. Another contrived story gone wrong. Maybe they need to hire a profesional writer....a creative one.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

Meh. I openly hate Elisabeth, but giving a child candy in the morning is far from abuse. Her heartwarming family tales are always cringe-worthy, though, because she always has to cackle like a madwoman while telling the them.

I wonder why the baby is the only one she will let be filmed? I can't even remember the last time we saw Grace without a mask. Hey, maybe she's doing a Michael Jackson and keeping scarves on their heads. I think it's interesting that she trotted out actual FILM of her child just when Sherri has her son from and center on DWTS. Before that they seemed dead set against the world seeing the kids on camera (which is way smarter).

Oh, and seeing Sherri rehearsing for DWTS ... why does she always claim she has no butt? She had a big old round bubble butt. God, she'd look SO much better if she'd get the boobs taken down. Her body is actually OK otherwise.

Edited by BlueSapphires, Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:21 AM.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:56 AM

Her heartwarming family tales are always cringe-worthy, though, because she always has to cackle like a madwoman while telling the them.

While the audience's reaction is always *crickets.* Seriously, I honestly do not think she has ever shared a family anecdote that was warmly welcomed by the audience. They just don't respond. At all. Dead air. Speaks volumes about how she comes off to people.

I wonder why the baby is the only one she will let be filmed? I can't even remember the last time we saw Grace

Last time I saw a photo that included Grace, it was a candid street shot of them all walking to the park 6 months or so ago and she is still making that poor kid wear those GINORMOUS-assed bows in her hair. They looked ridiculous enough when the kid was a toddler and even more so now that she's what, 5? 6?

Edited by Cementhead, Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:57 AM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:23 AM

I am SO SICK of BawaWawa's right arm, attached to her crone-like hand, waving across the table to control/stop/steer the conversation. It's so rude, but the old bag just doesn't get it.

Edited by MedicineCrow, Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:29 AM.

scorpia

scorpia

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

The problem with Elisabeth's anecdotes is they always come off as a desperate attempt for approval. I have a friend who is the same way. Every story has this undertone of "accept me", "validate my choices." Your kid ate chocolate on Easter morning. I give a shit. So did my two.

I actually have a bigger problem with your whiny kid sucking on a soother at his age. Or was that the ring pop? I have an even bigger problem with standing there filming his meltdown. I know how I'd feel if my husband was standing there filming me while I cried because I was too tired to keep it under wraps any longer.

I'd enjoy her family stories a lot more if they seemed like an authentic sharing of life with three kids and less like an attempt to appear human and involved with her offspring.

lulaK

lulaK

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:13 AM

I happened to catch the tail end of today's show. I'll bet eh just loved retelling the story of Alecia Silverstone's baby feeding shown on utube. On the day of the Rosie/eh split screen...the first guest out after it happened was Alecia and she appeared a bit put off by eh, so I'm sure there's no love lost there. I'll take Alecia over eh anyday...as a person or a mother.

Edited by lulaK, Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:18 AM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:34 AM

If I remember correctly, when guest Alicia walked out, she walked right past EH and went on to great all the other hosts. So, yeah - no love lost.

When it was mentor week, and EH listed BW & BG as hers, I recall Bill G telling EH not to worry if there is no audience applause for her but just to remember that there are some fans out there in the country. Don't feel too bad.

Edited to ask about if anyone on the panel picked up the similiarity of the name change of the Canadian transgender model pagaent contestant Jenna Talacova and made any mention or ask why she chose that name ?

Edited by King Cat Sam, Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:05 PM.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

I guess BW felt threatened because of the piece Ashley Judd wrote because I'm sure Judd was also referring to The View which put up a big picture of Ashley and then trashed her looks. And come on Joy, you make jokes about Madonna being old.

pachebo

pachebo

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

I can't wait for Anderson Cooper to do some fresh shows so that I can completely avoid the View. As it is now, i have to watch KL and Hoda, which isn't so bad unless they have moron guest hosts like Billy Ray Cyrus and then I am forced to listen to the screeching ill-prepared, ill-informed harpies.Oh, and someone might wanna remind the Whoopster of her oft-repeated lazy-assed committment to "keep y'all posted" (not that I really want that, but she says it all the time).

Also, i noticed that today it took two of the co-hosts to hoist BW to the dais. If she weren't such an utter bitch, i would wish her continued good health.

DisneyGiant

DisneyGiant

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

I enjoyed the clip today of Whoopi's television show.

I liked that show & was annoyed that it was canceled. At the time, it was implied because she made too much fun of GWB.

dissy

dissy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:33 PM

I laughed out loud at BW as the show was closing this morning. The last thing she said was "Make us viral". Wow, beg for attention much? My thought was the show doesn't need to be made viral, they already make me spew!

Edited by dissy, Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:34 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

Whoopi was so out of it today she actually drifted off mid teleprompter sentence.

Her rejection of costmetic surgery is one thing, but I wish someone would explain to Whoopi that showering, putting on a bra, some lipstick and penciling in eyebrows is not the same thing as cosmetic surgery. Or even wearing some nice clothes that fit to WORK. Good on Ashley Judd - this show is one of the worst offenders in "reporting" that kind of garbage despite Joy's words to the contrary.

This "What's Trending" segment is worse than the last filler segment. This one assumes viewers are living in 1999 without internet access. Of course Babs said the real point at the close of the show today, "Make us viral!" which seems to be the sole goal of the show. Babs, you are no Betty White so don't hold your breath.

ETA: Dissy, somehow I missed your post - sorry for the redundancy on the "Make us viral!" statement.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Apr 10, 2012 @ 3:16 PM.

boomj

boomj

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

BlueSapphires
Fanatic

Posted Today, 11:17 AM #98176
Meh. I openly hate Elisabeth, but giving a child candy in the morning is far from abuse. Her heartwarming family tales are always cringe-worthy, though, because she always has to cackle like a madwoman while telling the them.

What I meant by child abuse, was bits, filming the poor child, who was in agony after his mother let him eat so much candy and then presents herself as "super mom"

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 5:38 PM

I can't wait for Anderson Cooper to do some fresh shows so that I can completely avoid the View.

I don't know where you live and if that affects the TV schedule, but here in Chicago there've been fresh shows all week. I'm actually enjoying them.

heebiejeebie

heebiejeebie

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 7:43 PM

Am I the only one that not only thought the video of Hasselbeck's offspring was more contrived than a hypothetical crossover of Keeping up with the Kardashians and Big Rich Texas? Not just the kid gnawing on the big piece of chocolate (that considering the kid's hand size I have to suspect his hag of a mother broke it off, handed it to him and silently told herself "action"). then the kid crying was not sugar shock so much as his food issue mother immediately yanking it out of the kid's mouth to get her "moment".

But thank goodness no matter how contrived because by Jesus in his basket pooping chocolate eggs none of the rest of us ever would have a clue that a kid stuffing his or her face with sugar might suffer from adverse effects later on. Whew. Of course if people were as clueless as mega mom in her own mind Hasselbeck seems to think sending out the warning the day after? IS as stupid as the made up video moment of faux candid and candyness.

I couldn't sit through more than a few seconds of Walters preening in self-importance in regards to Mike Wallace's death. She is like that small 90 pound Japanese lady that wins food eating contests. It's not a surprise how much food she swallows but it is amasing and more than a bit grotesque. Only instead of gorging, Walters forces us to watch her birth her own ego over and over again. She is so self-absorbed she is her own pair of Depends.

My response to the "make us viral" is well you're already toxic. Something you managed all on your own.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

Haha!!!! Sherri was eliminated from DWTS. She probably wonít be on The View tomorrow because she has to do Kimmel and GMA then fly back.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:21 AM

Don't know the point of Bitsy's video. The kid eats the chocolate yesterday, and this morning he's cranky. And....?

RIGHT! I hate this. What did she prove? Here's a video of my kid eating candy - now, here's the same kid, at a later time, crying. Proving that candy causes crying? Really? Because I can show a kid eating gluten-free food, then later crying. Or a kid reading a book, then later - that same kid cries. Do books cause crying? Toddlers cry. Toddlers have tantrums. They need naps.

Just because 'A' is followed by 'B', it doesn't mean 'A' CAUSED 'B.'