Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112704 replies to this topic

dissy

dissy

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

I don't know Brownstone but I think Babs said that Palin said she won't be tuning in. Kind of like Elisabeth.

I kind of expected Bits to chime in with what Palin said about the movie. Maybe she didn't get those talking points. Palin said that the movie doesn't matter to her or her family. Her people have called it a bundle of lies. Guess the Bits isn't on that mailing list anymore.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

Elisabeth is also often in rehab when she appears on GMA or has a book to promote, or something made in China to promote.

boomj

boomj

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

Too funny, Miss Piggy asked Sherri: What "Star" are you dancing with!

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

So I pull up the information feature on my tv for today's show and it says Guests include Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog; Comedienne Rita Rudner.

1986 is calling and wants its' guests back.

Then I catch the Ramsey interview and am cringing my way through it. Elisabeth making her angry, furrowed brow expression (11 lines from hell for someone so young) as she rapid fires the questions out to him, including speed reading the book excerpt where he gets all jesusy and biblical; Sherri interrupting Walters to ask him the very same question Walters just asked him, Joy just being Joy and phoning it in as per usual; and Walters claws clinging to his book with her mouth gaping open as she staring off to the stage hand who is telling her to wrap it up, as she rudely and abruptly interrupts the man as he is just going into a poignant story about how a friend of his once asked him if he thought the best days of his life were behind him .. just so that she could get the money shot of his new wife sitting in the audience.

These idiots are disgusting.

Edited by Cementhead, Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:10 AM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

But, Cementhead, did you catch the look on Joy's face when BaWa interrupted him & introduced his new wife? Awesome!!

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 12:26 PM

Elisabeth is so shrill and histrionic, that it is really hard to listen to her when she tells stories like the roller skate manager trying to seduce her when she was 15. Thank God her mom has the name Elisabeth! Her mom saved her life!

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

But, Cementhead, did you catch the look on Joy's face when BaWa interrupted him & introduced his new wife? Awesome!!

I just tuned in to a later airing of it to watch this segment again. Yeah, she looked surprised but then she reels it back in quickly, unlike the EGOT who makes sure everybody sees her making her WTF face to Walters. (the only enjoyable thing about Whoopi at this point.)

Another thing I noticed this time round, if I took a shot every time Walters said the words brutal or brutally murdered I'd be wasted.

dhall60

dhall60

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:14 PM

Well, cementhead, you beat me to the posting about how they treated Mr. Ramsey! That was all kinds of rude, battering, and hateful interrogation of the man. I too was interested in knowing how he felt about the "years ahead" as he was attempting to answer, but NO, we had to leave time for Kermit and Miss Piggy.

What is the matter with BW? I don't think this is Alzheimers - most of the people I met who were suffering from it, as my mother was, were not mean. They were just vague and confused and withdrawn. BW is just plain mean, as well as narcissistic in making the interview all about her earlier interviews of the couple.....

dissy

dissy

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

I had an idea the Ramsey interview would be awful. He was on GMA yesterday (I believe) being interviewed by Robin Roberts. That interview was so superior to this train wreck today.
I think when BaWa was doing specials or on an edited show, she came off a lot better than she does now on live tv. Maybe she has editing to thank for her previous persona. Just an observation.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

In my experience, at some point when suffering from dementia patients are themselves only moreso. So shy people will be withdrawn, friendly people will talk to strangers all the time, and mean people will be incredibly bitchy. Your true self is revealed.

OutofTouchUSA

OutofTouchUSA

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

Elisabeth is so shrill and histrionic, that it is really hard to listen to her when she tells stories like the roller skate manager trying to seduce her when she was 15. Thank God her mom has the name Elisabeth! Her mom saved her life!

Morbs: Seriously. She seemed to be old enough to know if he was saying things that were inappropriate (she said they had many conversations over a long period of time) and if he wasn't - what was the Mom concerned about? If he was inappropriate, how ignorant was Elizabeth not to know? Or, did she know and enjoy the risk/attention? ...then when she was told/realized he was probably a predator, she learned she couldn't trust her own judgement, and, voila the birth of her conservatism and black and white worldview.

jojo1010

jojo1010

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 1:40 PM

BW have changed since her heart surgery.
Bitsy had years of on the job training for interviewing guests....it's not working.
Mr. Ramsey suffered enough.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 2:06 PM

Morbs: Seriously. She seemed to be old enough to know if he was saying things that were inappropriate (she said they had many conversations over a long period of time) and if he wasn't - what was the Mom concerned about? If he was inappropriate, how ignorant was Elizabeth not to know? Or, did she know and enjoy the risk/attention? ...then when she was told/realized he was probably a predator, she learned she couldn't trust her own judgement, and, voila the birth of her conservatism and black and white worldview.

Wasn't she sneaking out the window by this time?

jojo1010 you are so right, Mr Ramsey has suffered enough!!

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

Seriously. She seemed to be old enough to know if he was saying things that were inappropriate (she said they had many conversations over a long period of time) and if he wasn't - what was the Mom concerned about? If he was inappropriate, how ignorant was Elizabeth not to know? Or, did she know and enjoy the risk/attention? ...then when she was told/realized he was probably a predator, she learned she couldn't trust her own judgement, and, voila the birth of her conservatism and black and white worldview.

Or, did the guy call her once - her mother shut it down and Elisabeth embellished it to have a story for today?

Which of course went completely over Sherri's head - listen carefully you can hear the "Whoosh" sound. Same with Miss Piggy's dancing advice to Sherri as a followup to the clip of Miss Piggy dancing with a tiny character, which I guess Sherri missed. Miss Piggy said, "Don't chose a dance partner a quarter of your size." and Sherri looked like she thought she may have just been insulted but wasn't sure - something that probably happens alot to her - especially while sporting that hairstyle.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 5:10 PM

If I were John Ramsey, I would have remained as quietly anonymous. I didn't hear the entire interview, but I can't think of anything that would make me write a book AND make the typical PR appearances. Was there something to gain? On another note, it's always fun to see Elisabeth morph into her righteous indignation mode.

bannana

bannana

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

I didn't see the show today, what was Bitsy grilling John R about?

susieq147

susieq147

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 7:25 PM

Or, did the guy call her once - her mother shut it down and Elisabeth embellished it to have a story for today?

Elisabeth has so little credibility with me I automatically assume the story isn't true. How many times over the years has this show discussed this topic and she never mentioned it?

mumbles

mumbles

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

When Joy started to snicker at Bitsy's story (the part when her mom answered the phone) - so wrong, but it made me laugh.

aminca

aminca

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:28 PM

Elisabeth has so little credibility with me I automatically assume the story isn't true.

Exactly! I grew up in the days of the "family (house) phone," and there is no way she had "many conversations over a long period of time" without her parents knowing about it. There was always that pesky cord leading into your closed bedroom door even if you managed to intercept the calls before someone else answered.

I think that story was invented to bolster EH's latest wild hair which seems to be that parents should have access to their kids' facebook, texts, etc.

Also, I wasn't really interested in hearing from John Ramsey to begin with, but I was really interested in what he was saying about the best days of his life being behind him or not when BaWa so rudely cut him off. I think Kermit (but maybe not Miss Piggy) would have ceded a few seconds of his segment to let him finish his story!

Babs just gets worse and worse, but she will never retire.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:06 AM

Also, I wasn't really interested in hearing from John Ramsey to begin with, but I was really interested in what he was saying about the best days of his life being behind him or not when BaWa so rudely cut him off.

Especially since he was there to sell his book The OTHER Side of Suffering: The Story of His Journey From Grief to Grace or something like that. We KNOW the grief side Babs, it might have been nice to hear the getting to grace side. Jeezus.

Talented Tenth

Talented Tenth

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 7:08 AM

Fiddy-cent annoyed the hell out of me. Can he please open his mouth when he speaks? He's had a lot of plastic surgery. What happened to all his facial scars? Or am I confusing him with another hip-hop star? But I love his comments on the Almighty Oprah and his dog's name made me chuckle. I doff my hat to you, good sir. (But I'm not familiar with his lyrics, so if they are anti-gay, I rescind my previous comment.)

50 Cent makes a lot of stupid comments -- that's his brand. He goes against the grain or makes comments about people just to be contrary and get attention. My hat isn't off to him for his comments on Oprah. Oprah has a problem with the degradation of women in hip hop (granted it's not every rap artist). Only hit dogs holler, so 50 Cent must've felt guilty. He also was whining at the time about not ever being invited to her show. Since he is cool with Gayle now, his stance on Oprah has changed. Yes, he has made anti-gay comments, despite his deceased mother being bisexual. I have absolutely no respect for him or what he stands for.

I generally don't have a problem with Sherri, but I howled at the hilarity. For years I turned or skipped past Miss Piggy segments on any show, but I have seen a handful of segments with Miss Piggy recently. Has she always been so snarky and sarcastic?

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:39 AM

It was interesting to see Barbara's old face from 10 years ago. I thought she seemed kinda bitchy in that interview - like she thought she was interviewing parents who killed their child. But of course she has to be on the right side of history and tell us now that she always believed that they were innocent. She also did her customary, "I interviewed you MANY times."... yet somehow they used clips from the exact same interview. Heh.

Sherri is being accused of practicing for DWTS since December .. long before she was supposed to. I'm sure she's been practicing for years. I just want her to GO. So I guess we're getting a lot more Barbara because of that? Ugh.

As for Bitsy - yeah, it's hard to believe that she kept that little nugget about her phone calls quiet all this time. There have been tons of topics where she could have brought it up. And why on earth was that story even the number 1 hot topic? Barbara introduced it as something everyone knew and was talking about. Not me.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

I thought she seemed kinda bitchy in that interview - like she thought she was interviewing parents who killed their child.

She was EXTREMELY offensive. First, she asks both of them if they had anything to do with Jon Benet's murder. Both said no. Then she turns to Mr. Ramsey and asks him if he killed his daughter. "No."

THEN, she turns to look at Mrs. Ramsey and asks her the same fucking question!

What? Was 3 the magic number for her? She didn't believe them the first time they said no?

Bony Prominence

Bony Prominence

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 11:01 AM

Sherri is being accused of practicing for DWTS since December .. long before she was supposed to.

Why was she so nervous in her Top-of-the-Show defense of herself? I've never seen her like that, which makes me think she might just be guilty as charged. The View and probably ABC are banking on her sticking around a long time on DWTS because of the cross-publicity they will get, so I think it would be hysterical if she was the first to go, and then had to regularly report on DWTS on her Reality Show Round-up.

It seemed like BaWa was deliberately giving Bitsy a taste of her own medicine, when she interrupted Bitsy and talked over her during the Jennifer Aniston conversation.

"Was there no one else we could call when a guest cancels?". Oh, lighten up, BaWa. Mario Cantone was a lot of fun and your show desperately needed that jolt. I'd love to know what was bleeped during the Paula Deen impression. Who canceled, btw?

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 11:29 AM

Donald Sutherland was scheduled to appear today - did he ?

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

Donald Sutherland wasn't on the show today. He probably watched yesterday's show & decided to "opt out". LOL

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:47 PM

Why was she so nervous in her Top-of-the-Show defense of herself? I've never seen her like that, which makes me think she might just be guilty as charged.

That's totally what I was thinking, too. Coupled with her very obvious nerves, she is also one of those people who wears her heart on her sleeve, so to speak, and shows every emotion & feeling on her face, which makes lying next to impossible. The fact that she admits that yes, she had been taking dance lessons at Maxim & Val's dance studio, but she claims she never danced with either one of them sounds suspect. But then again, I really couldn't give a shit about any of this, it's friggin' DWTS, not the Olympics. So what, who cares?

Now, something that really burns my ass is Elisabeth and those random sure! she chirps out. This drives me insane. She does it in the most random places in the conversation. Today, Pretty Little Liar #2 explains how she is proud to be representing gay & bi-sexual teens with her character and there's Liz, with her sure! What a bizarre way to respond to that.

dhall60

dhall60

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

In stead of bleeping half of what Mario said, I wish they had bleeped the whole conversation of BW saying she is an expert in premature ejaculation. My ears are still smoking! What is wrong with that woman.

Did we get any explanation of where Whoopi had been? I tend to doze.

Does anyone else start fastforwarding when one of the hosts goes into her sponsor pitch? I don't get the purpose of those extended product discussions. They can't possible think we would buy them just because Bitsy or Sherri tout their products...

What is the age demographic for the show those pre-teens are on? Is it the age group that watches this show?

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:51 PM

Does anyone else start fastforwarding when one of the hosts goes into her sponsor pitch?

I'm quicker than that. I hit FF as soon as I hear Whoopi or whoever say "And now...". Sometimes I hear one note of whatever that music is, but usually not.

High Tea

High Tea

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

I wish they had bleeped the whole conversation of BW saying she is an expert in premature ejaculation.

She probably meant her own. Maybe the old bitch is hard of hearing and she thought she heard "urination".