Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112734 replies to this topic

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

A split screen will not just pop up, the crew in the back have to make that happen in advance.

The crew in the back makes everything happen. That doesn't answer the question: What is wrong with a split screen?

Edited by isotonerz, Feb 24, 2012 @ 11:26 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

.... I just saw a report that Sherri is going on Dancing with the Stars. She mentions some good news on her twitter but nothing specific.

Hallelujah! Here's hoping she takes a long sabbatical from The Spew and goes out to California and never comes back.

DisneyGiant

DisneyGiant

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

.... I just saw a report that Sherri is going on Dancing with the Stars. She mentions some good news on her twitter but nothing specific.

Hallelujah! Here's hoping she takes a long sabbatical from The Spew and goes out to California and never comes back.

Ugh - does that mean that BW would be on every day? I literally cringe when I see her come out of that corridor - she really needs to retire.

aminca

aminca

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 12:15 AM

isotonerz, there's nothing wrong with a split screen in and of itself. The point people are trying to make (if I may speak for others) is that the unusual appearance of a split screen on that particular day indicated that the Bitsy/Rosie fight was pre-planned, likely with EH's cooperation and unknown to Rosie - thus, it was a setup. I personally don't believe Joy was a part of the setup. I have a distinct memory of her pleading to Rosie when things started to get heated to let her handle it. I think that may have been the day when Joy checked out and adopted her "So what, who cares?" attitude.

Brownstone

Brownstone

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 12:15 AM

What is wrong with a split screen?

Nothings wrong with it. But it shows that Geddie knew what was coming and didn't want to miss a reaction shot. Ideally Rosie would be breathing fire and Bits would be screaching and crying at the same time (both on screen).

DWWTS: it's a good cross-promotion for two ABC properties.

CattyTiger

CattyTiger

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 12:38 AM

Grandma has been there so much recently, I don't even bother anymore. But, yes, I'm very familiar with the cringing when she hobbles out - especially when she's partly/mostly out of it.

Wonder who Sherri's boobs will be partnered with? Please, not Derek.

Virginia Plain

Virginia Plain

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 12:50 AM

Nothings wrong with it. But it shows that Geddie knew what was coming and didn't want to miss a reaction shot. Ideally Rosie would be breathing fire and Bits would be screaching and crying at the same time (both on screen).

Isn't it kind of Rosie's fault for not being able to control herself? I mean she's a grown woman, she can't play the victim like this forever.

Former Nun

Former Nun

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 1:21 AM

Isn't it kind of Rosie's fault for not being able to control herself? I mean she's a grown woman, she can't play the victim like this forever

Of course it's partially Rosie's fault, but she was arguing something passionately and then she saw the split screen and knew she'd been had. She was a victim in that instance, but she needs to let it go...along with so many other things. Elisabeth has an out; whenever she's arguing something and realizes she's in too deep, she just cries because it's "so important" to her and she never has to lose. Elisabeth cries; discussion over.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 3:13 AM

Why on earth are any of you revisiting that old dust-up with Rosie? It was years ago, and was beaten into the ground several times since. Just because someone was silly enough to bring it up again gives none of you a pass to continue the conversation, and especially not to use it to take shots at each other.

My apologies to those of you who were staying on topic, but since so many of you had so little to say about the show this week that you had to dig up old issues, Iím closing the thread until Monday.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

Hi Everyone!! A long-time reader/lurker finally posts. Probably refreshing after the 2-day black-out, eh? Did anyone see Sherri's Oscar dress. Would love to have seen a rear-view, but the front was scarey, and she made the Worst-Dressed List. What a surprise! Twit.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:10 PM

I actually liked Sherriís Oscar dress, especially the color. OTOH, her friend guest co-host Yvette Nicole Brown looked like she was wearing a blanket.

it looks like the rumor about her being on DWTS is probably true. Ugh. Well, weíll know tomorrow after GMA announces the new cast.

Glad the young girl who was missing was found.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:19 PM

Commentators even mentioned Sherri's black bra was showing last night, as shown in the photo on the show. Not part of the design. Oops.

Edited by maggie010, Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:21 PM.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

Oh. I didn't hear that. I was so focused on the color (my favorite shade of blue). Black bra showing? Oh, my.

MommaLode

MommaLode

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

Looks like the black bra showing was intentional. I didn't really think it stood out until it was mentioned.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

Interesting Momma, yep the netting has nothing to do with the bra......or the dress, lol.

dimo

dimo

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

Well, we all know that Sherri is nothing but (full of ghetto) class!

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 2:01 PM

BaWa couldn't be happier that teenager was found. More self-promoting fodder until reason for disappearance is determined and then, as usual, if it's not View-friendly, we won't hear about it.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 2:54 PM

In the introduction of Yvette BW mentioned she would talk more about why Sherri might not be back tomorrow, did I miss the reason or was I zoning out ?
I see this as a wonderful way for her not return. She is probably really more a California person than New York and could use that as an excuse.
Whoopi mentioned the other day she was on Blackwell's list every time but I think she made it three times best I could tell.

Edited by athousandclowns, Feb 27, 2012 @ 2:56 PM.

Bony Prominence

Bony Prominence

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 3:32 PM

I have to commend Joy for being sharp during the Gingrich daughters segment. While all the others were willing to let it just slide by, Joy called the daughter on her claim that Newt was the only Republican candidate who has "governed". Good for Joy for mentioning "Governor" Romney. And again, when BaWa sucked up to them and said you couldn't ask for a better endorsement than from a candidate's own daughter, Joy pointed out the inherent bias in such an endorsement.

Morgalisa

Morgalisa

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 6:27 PM

Did anybody else hear Sherri on the show with Jesse T Ferugson when Whoopi said that Tyler Perry was coming up, Sherri said kind of quietly, "He's a real man's man. He's a guys guy." The friends that I have heard Tyler Perry having are usually women, Oprah, Gaylel, Maya Angelou, so I thought it was odd. I listened to it two times and it sounded the same both times.

KookaMonga

KookaMonga

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 6:33 PM

I didn't like the dress Yvette was wearing today, but I like her so it was nice seeing her on the air.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

OMG. I take it all back. It's too late to go back and edit my post.

I finally got a good look at Sherri's Oscar dress.

(scroll down)

Gulp.

Edited by azure4, Feb 27, 2012 @ 6:44 PM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 7:16 PM

So no Mario Cantone on the awards? Boo!

Hershey4

Hershey4

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 7:59 PM

It cracked me up when Barbara was thanking Yvette at the end of the show, and telling her how much she loved her and then said "and I didn't miss Sherri at all". I'm sure she meant it as a joke, but still, it wasn't very nice of her.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

So Nancy Grace is co-host on Thursday. Just as well that WG is off this week.

Edited by azure4, Feb 27, 2012 @ 10:57 PM.

Cosmocrush

Cosmocrush

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

I didn't see Sherri on the red carpet at all until they showed us the pic today, but I thought the dress was hideous - color notwithstanding.

In the introduction of Yvette BW mentioned she would talk more about why Sherri might not be back tomorrow, did I miss the reason or was I zoning out ?

I don't think so, athousandclowns. But whatever the reason I was glad that both Whoopi and Sherri were gone today. I'm hoping Sherri is on extended leave for Dancing With the Stars and Whoopi miraculously got a movie role - although it's probably something as taxing as a pee pad commercial. Two down, three to go.

Edited by Cosmocrush, Feb 27, 2012 @ 10:40 PM.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

I didn't see Sherri on the red carpet at all until they showed us the pic today,

Neither did I, and I watched all of the pre-Oscar red carpet coverage on ABC )Robin Roberts, Tim Gunn, Nina Garcia, and some other woman but it wasn't Sherri). I don't know what Sherri's role was.

I'm hoping Sherri is on extended leave for Dancing With the Stars

If Sherri is on DWTS, she'll be skyping and calling in. texting, etc.

Edited by azure4, Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:05 PM.

Brownstone

Brownstone

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

but I thought the dress was ....

It's got to fit. She can't wear something that tight but it's her choice.

fl2dc

fl2dc

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 6:35 AM

Elisabeth said that Sherri hosted the Oscar red carpet ONLINE?

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 8:30 AM

Her dress looked just like Melissa McCarthy's .. only in blue (same designer). But Melissa's actually fit. I can't believe she showed her bra! It's just like her lousy wedding dress.. I can't believe she can't get a decent stylist for her body.