Admit it. You Canít Stand The View

• Please log in to reply

112860 replies to this topic

myOBSESSIONwithMBTV

myOBSESSIONwithMBTV

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 6:21 PM

This is why we hate Star...

She and her new boyfriend went along with some friends to a resort in Jamaica. For her own homophobic reasons, she made a point of saying no same sex couple were allowed at the resort.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Feb 25, 2012 @ 3:14 AM.

MC SammyD

MC SammyD

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 6:45 PM

myOBSESSION, where did that blurb come from? If that is true, then Star truly is a repulsive human being. I always thought that behind the Payless piddling and loud, obnoxious, indignant Star that we saw on the show, there had to be something that was somewhat redeeming about her because no one person can be THAT terrible. But if that is true, then I was wrong all along.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 6:51 PM

It's also surprisng considering given her comments on civil unions in the past.

myOBSESSIONwithMBTV

myOBSESSIONwithMBTV

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:28 PM

I saw it on Gawker. Apparently it was on today's show.

Edited by myOBSESSIONwithMBTV, Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:31 PM.

JTara

JTara

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:30 PM

Edited by JTara, Mar 27, 2014 @ 3:24 PM.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:34 PM

Well maybe that was the reason she choose the resort, you know so Al wouldn't be tempted.

That is fucked up, I mean I hate them all but it's stuff like this and some of Joy's ridiculous rants (Victoria Secret should not show lingere in their windows) that make me laugh hysterically when people talk about the liberal ladies on The View.

Edited by biakbiak, Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:34 PM.

MC SammyD

MC SammyD

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:49 PM

Well maybe that was the reason she choose the resort, you know so Al wouldn't be tempted.

Heee! I was so thinking the same thing.

I wanted to e-mail Star and tell her how much she has cemented my hate for her. But then I started to imagine the outrageous response I might get back from her and I just can't stand to get homicidal. Bitch really does read all those e-mails and respond to a lot of them. I guess she thinks it will vastly improve the public's perception of her if they feel she is accessible. Only she's not that famous in the first place and we all know she has nothing better to do than stay at home anyway, so it doesn't really do anything for her. HATE! HER!

Baby Girl

Baby Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 8:57 PM

I feel for her boyfriend. To have her yammering about him everyday, and now showing pictures of their vacation? Yeesh. She's going to look like a big fool when he eventually dumps her.

But she's soooooo in wuv she actually walked a mile on the beach!!! Will wonders never cease.

Meedis

Meedis

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 2:07 AM

I had a day off today and actually caught the View today...I tuned out most of it but was surprised to see Elisabeth speaking more and actually getting some applause.

burping frog

burping frog

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 10:17 AM

From New York Daily News:

But a rep for ABC insisted that Jones had been misunderstood. The spokesman said she and her entourage, which included banker boyfriend, Al Reynolds, briefly visited Negril's Couples Resort, but did not stay there. (An employee of the resort confirmed they do not rent rooms to same-sex couples.)

The ABC rep added that she visited the resort's grounds only to make use of their nude beach.

*shudder* Bet the paparazzi are kicking themselves for missing that one.

Edited by burping frog, Jan 6, 2004 @ 10:18 AM.

MC SammyD

MC SammyD

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:07 AM

The ABC rep added that she visited the resort's grounds only to make use of their nude beach.

Vomit in the mouth.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:10 AM

And on the floor. Day-um. Nobody wanted to know that, not even Al. Especially not Al.

*thud* Ooh, sorry; hit the floor laughing at that one.

mrtv

mrtv

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:17 AM

I love when Star showed a picture of Al wearing his David Guest sunglasses with a puffy shirt opened to the navel. Joy slipped in what seemed a sly remark. "My he looks like Harry Belafonte...Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-ooooo! Which sounded alot like Gayyyyyyyyyyyyooooo. Even Elizabeth cracked up and seemed to laugh hard on the double entendre.

LouisVuittonRULZ

LouisVuittonRULZ

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:33 AM

It's just too bad that Star didn't have a quickie marriage like Britney Spears did this past weekend, Star and Al are just not creative at all. *snicker*

ontheroof

ontheroof

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 12:47 PM

The ABC rep is missing the point. Although Star and Big Gay Al may not have stayed at that particular resort, when Star spoke about it the strong implication was that she felt that the fact that the resort catered only to "traditional couples" was a huge selling point. It was mentioned in the context of The resort was so exculsive, they only allow traditional couples! And then she giggled that nauseating giggle she's been giggling ever since the BF arrived on the scene.

How long before Star insists on a separate drinking fountain for Barbara's hairdresser?

DrCher

DrCher

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 2:48 PM

The resort was so exculsive, they only allow traditional couples!

She must want to keep all the temptation away from Big Gay Al.

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 2:52 PM

But she's soooooo in wuv she actually walked a mile on the beach!!! Will wonders never cease.

That was so bizarre to me that at first I didn't even understand what she was getting at. I was all, "She walked on the beach? Huh? So what?"

Didn't she make a point of saying she kept her clothes on at the nude beach? As usual, I wasn't entirely listening.

Mamalita

Mamalita

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 2:54 PM

Star was probably hoping Elisabeth would run with the "no same-sex couples" issue and say something controversial. She had been talking about taking a boat to the beach when she threw in that incedental comment about all of the couples being "traditional". Al reminds me of Al B. Sure, if anyone recalls late 80s R&B stars.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 4:38 PM

Bwah! I do, and that comparison about killed me! Actually, he's more like Al B. Sure's more suave, socially inept brother.

ETA: By suave, I mean he's more of a natty dresser than Mr. Sure. Actually, wasn't it "Al B. Sure!"?

Edited by FfrauleinN, Jan 6, 2004 @ 4:40 PM.

Baby Girl

Baby Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 7:57 PM

Didn't she make a point of saying she kept her clothes on at the nude beach?

And the whole world thanks her for it.

JTara

JTara

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:34 PM

I thought Star had said that her girlfriends wouldn't let her go (those are some good friends) and just the boys went. They she got sidetracked talking about something else. Which pissed me off because I wanted to find out why the guys could go and Star would just sit there with the other ladies and let her man go see a bunch of naked people. It just seemed like something Star would get all out of breath about.

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 8:27 AM

I hate it when the biddies discuss current legal cases because they always defer to Star as if she's the end-all and be-all of judicial discourse. She hasn't been in a courtroom in ten freakin' years and she needs to just shut it.

Which I guess isn't any different than her usual need to just shut it, but somehow it bugs me more.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 9:20 AM

I hate it when the biddies discuss current legal cases because they always defer to Star as if she's the end-all and be-all of judicial discourse.

But she is a lawyer! And what that means, is that this pie is delicious!

starbucksweetie

starbucksweetie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 12:40 PM

Didn't anyone think it was weird that it just seemed like Star and Al just started dating and they're taking a vacation away together so soon? Anyways, before Al's identity was a big secret by only showing his back in a picture and now she's showing pictures of him all the time. I wonder if he gets any razzing from the guys at work for dating Star.

crazy_girl

crazy_girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:10 PM

But she is a lawyer! And what that means, is that this pie is delicious!

There is truly nothing funnier than Tracy Morgan's impression of Star.

As for Al . . . I'm sure he got plenty of razzing before Star came into his life. Behind his back.

LittleEva

LittleEva

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 3:18 PM

So what is the deal with Star and her boyfriend? My mother thought he looked a lot like Oprah's boyfriend. I have a feeling Star would never date a man who was just average looking or with an average job.

Julieyousuck

Julieyousuck

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 3:33 PM

I know as one of those hippie, pinko-commie secular liberals, I SHOULD hate Elisabeth for her conservative viewpoints, but since I know that, being the "young babe" this show won't take her or her perky chipmunk voice of self-righteousness seriously, it's hard to get too worked up over her.

That being said, I found the follow exchange between our spunky Republican and Bill Maher amusing:

Bill: There is a war on sex in this country
Elisabeth: As it should be.

Because sex is a destructive evil after all, like drugs or terror. And like the latter, I'm sure we'll win that war too.

It's sorta sad. Lis is so young, yet she has already set her role as "uptight, overreaching PTA mom", taking over the role from the dearly departed Maude Flanders. You know it'll be a matter of time before she offers the counterpoint, "Oh won't someone please think of the children!"

Baby Girl

Baby Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 4:47 PM

Well little Miss Uptight looked positively mortified during this exchange between her and Dennis Rodman the other day.

DR: Your husband is a quarterback?
EH: Yes
DR: Then you must be the tightend.

Or something like that. Elisabeth looked pretty shocked and had no rebuttal, although the audience got a laugh out of it.

My god but she really is that prudish. I wonder what her husband sees in her?

caprijam

caprijam

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 7:57 PM

Good question...hmmm. But, seriously? That quote? Gold. Oh, my I wish I had seen that. Especially because I can picture her silly *gasp*. Tee hee.

LouisVuittonRULZ

LouisVuittonRULZ

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 9:05 PM

Probably that she is easily dominated, or that he is as prudish as she is, and as uptight too. There are football players that are prudish.