Cast Appearances in Other Roles

• Please log in to reply

3384 replies to this topic

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 7:20 PM

He's definitely been in their commercials before. I can think of at least two off the top of my head: the one for their extra crispy chicken where he and some male friends are saying how this kind of chicken was "a man's chicken" until a little girl walks up eating the same kind, and a different one for their family bucket combos with all the individual pieces.

Bendover

Bendover

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2008 @ 9:27 PM

So Graham's really angular jaw structure is ugly and JM's really angular jaw structure is sexy?

It's a completely different look. James has a very thin and narrow face, while Bailey Chase's face is much wider and the hollows in his cheeks isn't as prominent. He looks more like a square jawed body builder to me. And that's the last thing I'd ever call JM. Maybe he needs to starve himself and lose the bulk for the same people that think JM is sexy to find him attractive? lol

Badwitch

Badwitch

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2008 @ 2:57 PM

So Graham's really angular jaw structure is ugly and JM's really angular jaw structure is sexy?

It's a completely different look. James has a very thin and narrow face, while Bailey Chase's face is much wider and the hollows in his cheeks isn't as prominent. He looks more like a square jawed body builder to me. And that's the last thing I'd ever call JM. Maybe he needs to starve himself and lose the bulk for the same people that think JM is sexy to find him attractive? lol

Maybe because James has charisma while Bailey is like a wall, which makes James more attractive. There are people like that, that they might not be gorgeous but their personality is what makes them attractive. Seeing James in a picture isn't as pretty as seeing him moving (like in a film or convention, for ex.). I think Bailey is good-looking, just "meh."

LostinFlight

LostinFlight

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2008 @ 11:38 AM

I've seen that commercial too, and I'm pretty sure it's Larry.

He's definitely been in their commercials before.

Ok, I thought it was him, I was just making sure. My sisters wouldn't believe me when I pointed it out to them.
Thanks, Apple IIe and DMike for the confirmations.

Hostile16

Hostile16

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2008 @ 12:54 AM

I saw that commercial this afternoon and was sure surprised to see him playing the dad of a high-schooler! (Note to self: Don't forget to buy moisturizer and hair dye.)

Edited by Hostile16, Apr 2, 2008 @ 12:55 AM.

journeywoman

journeywoman

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2008 @ 11:11 AM

I just saw SMG in Suburban Girl and it was...odd....and somewhat off-putting. The movie would be drifting along and SMG would have a scene and I would think, "Oh look, it's her I'm sad look," and then later, "Oh look, it's her I'm frustrated look," and then later, "Oh look, it's her 'I love you and am going to tell you bad news look.'" Altogether it was very disconcerting. It's not that her character reminded me of Buffy at all but rather like SMG has these stock acting moves...that only look convincing the first time you see them. I'm glad the first time I saw them was in BtVS.

ennui

ennui

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2008 @ 2:42 PM

Reminder to everyone that Nick Brendon will be dropping trou on Criminal Minds tonight. Set your Tivos (or if you're old school like me, set your VCR!)

Edit after the show: Hey! That wasn't nudity! The camera never dipped below his chest! Damn it Nick, your website promised me ass!

Edited by ennui, Apr 2, 2008 @ 11:04 PM.

cko

cko

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2008 @ 12:14 AM

ennui, sorry for your disappointment! Not a regular watcher, and can't figure out cbs.com, so can you say which episode this was?

Hostile16

Hostile16

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2008 @ 2:24 AM

Looks like it was called "Damaged." Not to be confused with "Smashed" or "Wrecked."

Shattered

Shattered

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2008 @ 4:16 AM

It was an excellent episode.

And NB is looking very nice these days, when wardrobe isn't dressing him in loud shirts with clashing ties...sigh.

cagewench

cagewench

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2008 @ 2:47 PM

Kristine Sutherland was on last night's ep of "New Amsterdam."

james1999

james1999

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2008 @ 3:36 AM

So I started watching How I Met Your Mother and AH is great, she's such a good actress. When I see SMG in another role, I always see her as Buffy, but in HIMYM I don't even think Willow, and in American Pie she's great to. I'm on episode 11 and I thought the first wasn't that great, but after 3 or 4 I really got into it and now I love it. I can't wait to watch the next one, but it's way past bed time, so with all this talk about AH I kinda have to watch Doppelgangland while I fall asleep.

Edited by james1999, Apr 10, 2008 @ 3:41 AM.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2008 @ 2:29 PM

james - While I really liked Season One of HIMyM, Season Two is just amazing!
And I agree, while Lily is far from my favourite character on the show, I never ever get a Willow vibe from her.

james1999

james1999

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2008 @ 6:41 PM

That's great news, I'm so glad season 2 is gonna rock aswell. At first when you said...

While I really liked Season One of HIMyM

I thought you were gonna say, "I didn't really like it after that." but I was releaved when I read on.

james1999

james1999

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2008 @ 6:41 PM

That's great news, I'm so glad season 2 is gonna rock aswell. At first when you said...

While I really liked Season One of HIMyM

I thought you were gonna say, "I didn't really like it after that." but I was releaved when I read on.

JerseyGirl291

JerseyGirl291

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2008 @ 7:04 PM

What about a mall? ;-)

Apple IIe

Apple IIe

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2008 @ 9:17 PM

What about a mall? ;-)

So you want to go to the mall? Today?

Badwitch

Badwitch

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2008 @ 10:12 PM

So I finally watched Torchwood's "Exit Wounds" with JM in it. I liked him better in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, the first ep. of the season.

james1999

james1999

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2008 @ 11:46 PM

Okay so I'm still on episode 11 of How I met Your Mother and I can't find it any where, I found it at one spot but it quit working after 10 mins, so I decided I would just read the rest of the script, but I can't find that anywhere... Will someone help please???

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2008 @ 11:49 PM

i-tunes?

james1999

james1999

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2008 @ 12:13 AM

Yeah, I don't have i-tunes, do you need a i-pod?

nowisthetime

nowisthetime

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2008 @ 12:17 AM

Nope! Just Google "iTunes" and you should be able to download it. It'll cost money to buy the episode, but the actual downloading is free.

james1999

james1999

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2008 @ 2:37 AM

Awesome, okay so I got iTunes and watched the 11th and I dont have to work on fridays so I'm in the midst of a late night HIMYM marathon and am now on episode 17! Thanks guys!

Edited by james1999, Apr 11, 2008 @ 2:37 AM.

james1999

james1999

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2008 @ 4:09 AM

Sorry about the double post but, I just watched season 2 episode 16, "Stuff" and it might be the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life, with Barney's play, "Moist, moist, moist, moist..." and him squirting Lily wth a little water gun, and Marshal slapping him and saying "That's two" hahaha, I didn't think they were gonna continue that 5 slaps thing, I laghed so hard I cried... If you guys haven't seen that episode you need to go watch it now!

Superflyse

Superflyse

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2008 @ 4:25 AM

One thing that I have found about HIMYM is that it has excellent continuity.
I'm up to the begining of the third season, (How I Met Everyone Else) and it has remained constant with all the other flashbacks even to things like hair, facial hair and outfits.
I find it very impressive.

Hostile16

Hostile16

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2008 @ 12:11 PM

If you missed it the first time, James Marsters's second appearance in Torchwood, the second season finale "Exit Wounds," is being rerun today at 3 p.m. EST oin BBC America.

Badwitch

Badwitch

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2008 @ 8:35 PM

JM was hilarous when he hanged on the lead and said, "hold me." snark.

JennB

JennB

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2008 @ 6:44 PM

Ethan Erickson (Percy) was on General Hospital today as a temporary recast. He'll be on at least one more episode (tomorrow). He's playing, ironically, a neurosurgeon.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2008 @ 7:16 PM

Graham (Bailey Chase) was on 'Law and Order: SVU' last night. Poor boy has NOT aged well.

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2008 @ 7:44 PM

Really? He looked good when he was on Ugly Betty last year.