Cast Appearances in Other Roles

• Please log in to reply

3384 replies to this topic

Hostile16

Hostile16

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:49 AM

Actually, considering the subject matter, she's pretty cute in that commercial, which just clarifies that it was the character I hated instead of the actress.

On Tuesday, 1/6, on Comedy Central Channel, at 7:30 pm, on the season premiere of "Mad TV": Michelle Trachtenberg will be on and in a "Buffy parody"

I'm assuming that Comedy Central has picked up the reruns of "Mad TV," in which case this is an extremely unfunny parody. Seriously. You've been warned.

journeywoman

journeywoman

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:43 PM

Just saw Robin Sachs (Ethan Rayne) in Northfork. It was an excellent movie and he did a fantastic job as a rather unusual angel.

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:57 PM

I always wanted to see that Buffy parody on Mad TV. Thanks for posting that sunnydalegal13. And thanks for the warning Hostile16. It probably is a stinker parody and fans could do a better job but I just have to see it. Glutton for punishment.

Hostile16

Hostile16

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 2:38 AM

...fans could do a better job....

Puppies and ferrets could do a better job, but have at it.

Unexpected Andy Umberger sighting tonight while watching the filmed version of Stephen Sondheim's Passion on DVD. He's in it only briefly as Fosca's father, and doesn't come up in the (very amusing) audio commentary. For theatre geeks, he's not listed as a replacement player so I don't know if he ever played the role on stage (it was filmed for PBS just after the show closed). Umberger's only Broadway credit, to my knowledge, is as an understudy in the revival of Company, also by Sondheim.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:10 AM

Charisma Carpenter will be in See Jane Date today on the Family Channel at 2/1:00 PM CST.

not a fan of Cordy, then

Julie Benz will be appearing in the remake of Satan's School for Girls on the USA network today at 3/2:00 PM CST.

Edited by Warden, Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:14 AM.

JHeaton

JHeaton

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:33 AM

My TiVo wish list turned up a series on Discovery Kids called Truth or Scare, hosted by Michelle Trachtenberg. I've got it on right now; it's not bad. It's an exploration of various supernatural topics; the episode I'm watching right now is about haunted castles in England. It reminds me of that old show In Search Of. It's pretty good; the production values are high, and while the narration is a little florid, Michelle does a nice job with it. If you get Discovery Kids, you might want to check it out. (And if you don't and you want to see an ep, I can tape it for you.) Saturdays at 8 and 8:30 PM ET/PT.

Nobody's

Nobody's

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 7:06 AM

Did anybody see Party Monster with Seth Green? Is it any good?

Hostile16

Hostile16

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 8:06 AM

No, but it comes out on DVD February 10th. And it's evidently not very good.

Although, according to Chris Hewitt:

A surprising performance can almost make a bad movie worthwhile. Almost. That's why Seth Green fans should check out Party Monster, an unpleasant, redundant drama that features perceptive acting from Green. He's so good that he becomes the main character instead of the one played by Macaulay Culkin, in his coke-Hoovering, gender-bending, butt-baring comeback.

Edited by Hostile16, Jan 4, 2004 @ 8:12 AM.

Nobody's

Nobody's

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:23 PM

Hmm. As much as I love Seth Green, and I'd love to see Seth Green playing a gay character, I really don't wanna see Macaulay Culkin, at all like, especially acting.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 6:44 PM

Marc Blucas (and Christian Kane from Angel) will be in Summer Catch tonight on the Family Channel at 8/7 PM CST.

don't care for Buffy guys then

Eliza, Clare and Nicole will be in Bring It On tonight on the WB at 8/7 PM CST.

holdencaulfield2003

holdencaulfield2003

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 8:27 PM

hey everyone

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 9:24 PM

Thanks for that Bring it On info Warden. I put it on in the background. I haven't seen it for a while even though it used to be on like every week on cable. I had to look up the Nicole girl at IMDB because I didn't know who you were talking about. I didn't realize a Cordette was in the movie too.

DeeeDee

DeeeDee

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 9:57 PM

Sometimes I can't watch Bring It On cause Eliza/Jesse/Kirsten *so* reminds me of Willow/Xander/Buffy at times.

I do like getting to see Eliza smile a lot in the movie though. She's so gorgeous to me and her smile just lights up her face.

Katkins

Katkins

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:47 AM

I've never seen 'Bring it on', annoyingly because Sky Movies decided to stop showing it just as I realised that Eliza was in it. Harumph. Put it back on the schedule guys!

I watched 'The Shipping News' the other evening, and was surprised to see Jason Behr (Ford) in it. That beard/stubble thing he has going on makes him look a lot older.

petzipellepingo

petzipellepingo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 11:34 AM

You can see George Herzberg (Adam) on the new Gateway plasma television commercial.

NiceCheekbones

NiceCheekbones

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 6:19 AM

Just a few words about Party Monster. I saw it, and while the film as a whole didn't really do it for me, SG's performance made it enjoyable. The book on which it's based, Disco Bloodbath (written by James St. James, whom SG portrays), is supposed to be better.

At any rate, I saw an interview with both SG and James and apparently, SG spent months talking with and researching James and watching old footage of James and Michael Alig (whom Macaulay Culkin attempts) clubbing and stuff just to get the part right. According to everyone in the know, he did. Macaulay Culkin? That's another story.

All the reviews are pretty much right on: SG is awesome and pretty much saves the film, while Culkin - not so much. So it's up to you and your level of SG fandom as to whether it's worth your time. It should be hitting video soon, though, and I will say that it's definitely worth the price of admission there. I mean, the outfits alone...

emmanya

emmanya

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 1:26 PM

Emma Caulfield's new television movie "I want to marry Ryan Banks" will air Jan18th on ABCFamily. It also stars Jason Priestly.

EONdc

EONdc

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 1:29 PM

I saw a commercial for this over the weekend. Looks like the concept is sort of a reality dating show where the bachelor is a washed up movie star, and EC plays a contestent. Funny thing is, the only shot they have of EC in the promo shows her being about as enthused to be meeting Ryan Banks (Jason Priestly) as she would be if she were a contestent on "Win a Date with an IRS Tax Auditor."

Edited by EONdc, Jan 6, 2004 @ 1:32 PM.

Brahmsian

Brahmsian

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 2:04 PM

According to www.tvtome.com Danny Strong will be returning to Gilmore Girls in it's next new episode, which some sources say will be broadcast this coming Tuesday, but other sources say won't be until the Tuesday after that. Need I add that I hope the former is correct?

Edited by Brahmsian, Jan 6, 2004 @ 2:05 PM.

emmanya

emmanya

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:53 PM

"I want to marry Ryan Banks" is about a reality show to find a c-list celeb a wife and boost his profile but the snag is he is the one truly interested in Emma's character (Charlie), as is his manager who is also his best friend and he has to choose between the two.

Edited to add:
Some images available if you follow the link

Edited by emmanya, Jan 6, 2004 @ 6:10 PM.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 8:36 PM

I was watching CBS last night and saw not one, not two not three but four Buffy alumni. Steven Gilborn (Uncle Rory from Hell's Bells) and Mary Pat Green (Blood Bank doctor from Anne on Still Standing, Conchata Ferrell (School nurse from Go Fish) on Two and a Half Men and Leonard Roberts on CSI: Miami. I know what you're thinking and no, he didn't kill anyone. At least he wasn't totally responsible.

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 9:18 PM

On Tuesday, 1/6, on Comedy Central Channel, at 7:30 pm, on the season premiere of "Mad TV": Michelle Trachtenberg will be on and in a "Buffy parody"

I'm assuming that Comedy Central has picked up the reruns of "Mad TV," in which case this is an extremely unfunny parody. Seriously. You've been warned. -Hostile17

Wow, I have to agree Hostile17, that was pretty lame. Ok, I actually laughed a couple of times so I guess it doesn't take much for me. You think BtVS would be a great show to parody but that MadTV thing was sad. Did they ever do a Buffy skit when SMG was on SNL? I never saw her appearances, except for last time she hosted.

EONdc

EONdc

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 9:27 PM

They did one the first time she hosted. It was Buffy the Vampire Slayer moves to NY, and gets a remake into a Seinfeld type show, with SMG as the Elaine character, and Jerry, George and Kramer as her friends who are vampires. Its was sort of funny. Not hilarious, but funnier than the MADtv thingy ma bob.

HeadCase

HeadCase

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 9:41 PM

The only truly funny Buffy spoof I've ever seen was Poofy The Vampire Slayer on Graham Norton. Of course, I loved it mostly for ASH's silly giggling the whole way through it.

DJNutMeg

DJNutMeg

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 10:39 PM

I want to marry Bradley Cooper.

I watched Psycho Beach Party today, well, mostly fast forwarded through it. Even though I got that they were going for the parody thing, I just found the lines way too trite. Just not my thing I guess.

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 10:48 PM

Those two spoofs sound pretty funny. Now I want to watch that SNL one. Sounds cute. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Are they still showing SNL on Comedy Central?

Hostile16

Hostile16

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:04 AM

It doesn't matter whether or not Comedy Central is still showing it -- the skit didn't make the cut when the show was shortened from 90 minutes to an hour for syndication.

valny

valny

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 9:18 AM

Rats! I guess I'll just be stuck with the MadTV version of the Buffy so called parody in my head then. :(

brave little toaster

brave little toaster

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 9:45 AM

You can probably find the SNL skit on Kazaa. I remember running into it a lot on there when I was looking for Buffy vids. I never watched it though, cause I heard it was pretty un-funny.

Boliver

Boliver

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 10:14 AM

DJNutMeg, the first time I saw Psycho Beach Party, I thought it was kinda lame, and didn't put my full attention into it. The second time, though, I watched the whole thing, and found that as the movie went on, everything got funnier: the lines, the expressions, the situations, and the whole spoof. In fact, every time I saw the whole movie, it got better. If you have a chance to give it another try... On the other hand, I'm sure it's not for everyone.