Degrassi: The Next Generation

• Please log in to reply

20278 replies to this topic

Add It Up

Add It Up

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:16 PM

If I recall, in the original airing in Canada JT moaned Liberty's name. The N cut it though.

That's one edit I'm thankful for.

Edited by Add It Up, Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:17 PM.

JazzieCazzie

JazzieCazzie

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:28 PM

Thanks (and yeah, squicky) ... but still, makes me wonder what else is getting cut out here in the good old U.S. of Bush.

CrazyBeautiful

CrazyBeautiful

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:02 PM

They really need to release ALL of the Degrassi's on dvd. They would so make a killing!

JazzieCazzie

JazzieCazzie

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:50 PM

I would so love to get the early series on DVD if for no other reason than to educate and elucidate Cazzie Lite on life before Emma, Manny and the rest. The other thing I really want, and have no idea if they make them or if we're going to have to put our computer skills to work here, is a real Degrassi T-shirt. It would be cute for her to wear at a gig. And of course we are ALWAYS on the lookout for cool gig clothes (her band wants to add some covers to their repertoire, which is mostly originals, so she learned the song that Craig sings to Ashley and is hoping she can get the band to cover it).

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 3:32 AM

After not liking it at first, I really do like the pairing of Jimmy/Hazel. Too bad Hazel doesn't have anything close to a personality. At least Jimmy is an a-hole reformed.

JazzieCazzie

JazzieCazzie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 11:47 AM

Glark, did you ever find out about your shirt appearing on the current season? I was watching my TiVo'd version, which goes back about 5 episodes US style I guess, and I didn't see it but I can certainly check again ... I know that Canada is at least a week ahead of us so if someone saw it there recently it should definitely have been on the current season.

Also, I've noticed that whatever wardrobe the characters have they seem to keep over the course of a season (I don't think Spinner ever changes his shirt) ... was it an in-passing thing or a main character wearing it, do you know?

Anyway I will look again. Because you just can't watch too much Degrassi.

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 4:14 PM

MegaJ, I think Hazel doesn't have much of a personality only because she's had so little to do. She's been the focus of only one episode, and played bit parts in others. I think if the writers gave her something more to do, she'd be a little more multi-dimensional and thus likeable. If you read her journal entries on www.degrassi.tv, I think it gives her a bit more identity and thus easier to watch.

I can't decide whether a possible pairing with Jimmy give her the much needed personality boost, or if she'll just become "Jimmy's girlfriend." I'm hoping this possible relationship might show Hazel exploring her cultural identity and relationship with her family even more. In my opinion, that's a big part of adolescence.

CrazyBeautiful

CrazyBeautiful

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:43 PM

The other thing I really want, and have no idea if they make them or if we're going to have to put our computer skills to work here, is a real Degrassi T-shirt.

Jazzie, check this out. And, they are sold by the famous Joey Jeremiah himself!

Schroeder

Schroeder

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:58 PM

Well, I finally saw the finale to the first season, and the opening to the second.
I've always liked Ashley, maybe because the first episode I ever saw was when she learned her dad is gay, but in Jagged Little Pill, I really felt for her. But I felt more for her on the opening to the second season. I'd forgotten just how fickle and fair-weathered we can be in junior/early senior high. Paige was a total bitch, but I like Paige and think the character is believable to a B.
And the nerve of Jimmy to call her a slut after he dumped her. What a misinformed asshole!!!

It's painful to watch JT and Tobey, and Emma, Manny and Liberty drift apart, but that's what happens in junior high. Painful, but true.
However, Paige still has her little group of gal pals, so the producers aren't breaking every standard writing rule.

Did I miss something? My Instinct magazine said that not only did DeGrassi have a kid come out (Marco) but he got a boyfriend, too. When the hell did that happen and how did I miss it? The getting a boyfriend part. Unless they're talking about Dylan in that one episode where Marco came out, and then they're just grossly misinformed and are probably writing up that blurb off an intern's submission without seeing the show.

I really like the actor who plays Sean.

Edited by Schroeder, Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:05 PM.

zapmonkey

zapmonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:16 PM

They may not have shown JT moaning Liberty's name in the marathon, but I saw it in the original airing on the N. And I am NOT in Canada.

Shout out to BellaLoca and Jazzie!

caltrask55

caltrask55

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:32 PM

hmmm...are you sure? I have the original airing from the N on tape and I don't remember him moaning Liberty's name. I'll have to double check.

How bad do I want that Zit Remedy T? BAD!

appleeyes84

appleeyes84

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 8:04 PM

I heard him moan Liberty's name. It was in the beginning of the dream so people might have thought that he was saying it in the dream but not loud enough for Toby to hear.

Besides, I seriously doubt that JT would tell of ANY dream involving Liberty. Paige, maybe, but not Liberty.

CrazyBeautiful

CrazyBeautiful

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:50 AM

zap, glad to see you here!

Anyone know when the N plans on airing the next set of episodes?

dimples1

dimples1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 1:06 AM

The N says that they'll start airing them in 2004, but I've checked the schedule for the show and old episodes are airing up until January 20th.

CrazyBeautiful

CrazyBeautiful

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 1:24 AM

I can't wait for the Manny pregnancy drama. I hope she decides to carry the baby to term and that she blows up like a cow, and nobody will want her. Is that totally evil of me?

roosterboy

roosterboy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:22 AM

Admit it, CrazyBeautiful, you're totally the person on those DeGrassi avatar theatre commercials who wants to turn Manny into a werewolf, right?

insideout

insideout

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:58 PM

Lol, CrazyBeautiful.
I wonder if the sell slutty maternity clothes, or if she'll just have to keep wearing those hideous crop-tops and thongs?

Edited by insideout, Jan 2, 2004 @ 1:17 PM.

CrazyBeautiful

CrazyBeautiful

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:24 PM

Admit it, CrazyBeautiful, you're totally the person on those DeGrassi avatar theatre commercials who wants to turn Manny into a werewolf, right?

roosterboy, you found me out. I'm also the one who wanted Spinner to join the Ballet.

By the way, roosterboy, where in LA are you?

Edited by CrazyBeautiful, Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:25 PM.

Glark

Glark

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:09 PM

Glark, did you ever find out about your shirt appearing on the current season? I was watching my TiVo'd version, which goes back about 5 episodes US style I guess, and I didn't see it but I can certainly check again ... I know that Canada is at least a week ahead of us so if someone saw it there recently it should definitely have been on the current season.

Thanks for asking. I didn't but I'm not really worried about it, just curious. I spotted the same shirt on ad for Samuel Adams beer where two guys bump into each other and the Sam Adams guys catches his beer before it hits the ground because he's wearing my shirt. :)

CrazyBeautiful

CrazyBeautiful

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 2:26 PM

I wonder if the sell slutty maternity clothes, or if she'll just have to keep wearing those hideous crop-tops and thongs?

I bet she'll wear those velour track suits she's been wearing, but just in bigger sizes. She'll probably wear the tube top with it too, and let it all hang out like she normally does. I had a friend who used to love to show off her belly when she was pregnant. She would roll down her sweatpants, so everyone could see her stomach. I bet Manny will be like one of those pregnant chicks on Jerry Springer who likes to dress sexy when she's pregnant.

Buffy Fan x 001

Buffy Fan x 001

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 1:44 AM

I bet Manny will be like one of those pregnant chicks on Jerry Springer who likes to dress sexy when she's pregnant

Hee, that got a major giggle from me. Sorry for all of the JT/Liberty posts on my behalf, but I love them and I just thought of something. Even if we figure out that it IS JT who likes Liberty, it doesn't mean necessarily they'll "go out". I mean, JT would probably be too scared and ashamed to do anything, and with all of his newfound popularity ('cause Liberty, I love ya, but you're a big 'ol nerd), he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize it. And, I don't think Liberty's good with feelings and crap, and she would probably be a big bumbling mess. Them seeing each other in the hallway and running the other way would be enough for me. And that my friends would be GOOD television.

And WHEE! Jake Epstein and Lauren Collins made the "Real Acess Top 24 in 2004" thing! I love Jake's reaction after he found out he beat Justin Timberlake. Justin, I love you, but you don't have that whole "tortured-soul" hot that Jake has. Yup.

Oh, and Glark? I think I saw a guy in school with the "Carpenters Do it With Big Wood" shirt. I'll stalk him for a few weeks and see if he has it. :)

trippyhop

trippyhop

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 4:50 AM

I personally am clamoring for a JT/Liberty hook-up. The only reason I am is because I think that they have had secret (and not-so-secret) feelings for each other since the beginning of the show, and I think they still do. I don't think TPTB would have made such a big deal that Liberty was the subject of JT's wet dream unless they were planning on going somewhere with it. Oh well. Wishful thinking on my part.

HappilyEvrAftr

HappilyEvrAftr

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 4:21 PM

*delurks once again*

i was surfing the the-n message boards (i know, i suck), and there was major talk about someone dying. major talk that it's mr. simpson, jimmy, or jt. supposedly there is a commercial that confirms this, but i haven't seen it at all - and i watch the-n religiously. if there is anyone that can confirm/deny this, please let me know.

*relurks*

trippyhop

trippyhop

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 4:55 PM

About said commercial, my brother saw it and only said that there was a hospital bed with someone in it. They didn't show who it was. All they showed was Craig and Ash in the room, crying.

eejm

eejm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 5:11 PM

I saw a similar commercial, only that Paige and Spinner were standing outside the room. The person in the bed was kind of blurred in the background, but it looked like a girl. I'm speculating that it was maybe Terri. That would explain Paige crying. The person had his/her head bandaged and was on a ventilator, so I'm wondering if there is a car accident or something.

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 5:14 PM

Must. stop. reading. spoilers! I'd really like for this event to be a surprise, whoever its really about if I can help myself. *slaps hand away from mouse* But please, please please not my cute lil JT!

Edited by katymo, Jan 4, 2004 @ 5:15 PM.

trippyhop

trippyhop

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 6:01 PM

eejm, you're right. I remember now. It was Paige and Spinner in the commercial, not Ash and Craig. And it would make sense if it were Terri. Maybe she's in the hospital due to Rick beating the crap out of her, which is inevitably going to happen since Terri is going back to him.

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 10:27 PM

They did say Degrassi would deal with death and suicide. I'm guessing Rick offs himself when Terri realizes (for the second time) he's a loser.

CrazyBeautiful

CrazyBeautiful

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:03 AM

I don't want Terri to get hurt or die.

sevhevcracksmeup

sevhevcracksmeup

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:08 AM

Oh man, they had better start showing these episodes or I am going to go crazy!