Northern California

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

492 replies to this topic

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:22 PM

Okay people we are so close to actually have a con here, shall we decide 6pm at Papa Toby's, since its a Saturday, everyone can have a beverage of their choice and then head over to the Make-Out Room to cheer on Keckler. Should we submit it to the TWOPcon details thread?

MacMadame

MacMadame

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:37 PM

I vote yes!

JeniMull

JeniMull

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:15 PM

Darn it all - we're finally getting our NorCal act together, and I'll be out of town next weekend.

Hopefully this will be a rollicking good time, so we have another TWoPcon soon!

lilyblue

lilyblue

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 5:41 PM

yay!

I'll be coming via BART.

Belchimaera

Belchimaera

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 6:32 PM

Sounds good, biakbiak.

keckler

keckler

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 6:55 PM

I'm psyched to meet y'all!

Gytha Ogg

Gytha Ogg

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 11:25 PM

I vote yea. And yay. See you there, folks.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 2:06 AM

Okay Here is the blurb, if anyone has any changes or suggestions email me otherwise I will post this in the confirmed TWoPcon Thread tomorrow:

The Bay Area TWoPers have finally decided to be social; hopefully without being demented and sad. Join us on Saturday, January 10, 2004 at 6pm at Papa Toby’s Revolutionary Café in San Francisco (3248 22nd Street at Bartlet between Valencia and Mission), after we have shared a beverage of our choice and a hung out with our fellow TWoPers we will head across the street to The Make Out Room (3225 22nd Street) to support the hysterical  Keckler as she reads one of her Enterprise Recaps at Writers With Drinks. Stop on by the Northern California TWoPcon thread and tell us if you are coming.

Since I have spent all day flying across the country, please point out any mistakes in either my logic or my grammar.

MacMadame

MacMadame

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 3:04 AM

Looks good to me.

Gytha Ogg

Gytha Ogg

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 11:43 AM

I'd amend the middle as follows, to avoid a run-on sentence:

...San Francisco (3248 22nd Street at Bartlet between Valencia and Mission). After we have shared a beverage of our choice and hung out with....

Otherwise, lovely.

keckler

keckler

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 2:06 PM

Just to confirm that both the Evil Dr. Mathra and myself will be there.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 3:08 AM

I guess I will also RSVP as well.

MacMadame

MacMadame

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 3:27 AM

Oh, me too.

nomia

nomia

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 4:06 PM

I should be able to make phase one. Sadly, logistical issues keep me from keckler's reading. (But I read all your stuff here, honestly! I even read you on the Vine!)

Belchimaera

Belchimaera

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 12:11 AM

Ooooh, I'm RSVP'ing too. So, being my first, how do we know we're us?

ETA: is this the right place? Papa Toby's

Edited by Belchimaera, Jan 7, 2004 @ 12:16 AM.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 12:22 AM

how do we know we're us?

You mean snark doesn't radiate from your pores? But excellent question, other than just looking for other people covertly looking at the door for people entering, anyone got any ideas?

That is the right place, but be warned, I didn't know the name the first few times I went there because they are not big on signage. However, its right on the corner of 22nd and Stillwell (the street between Valencia and Mission) has outdoor seating in front, a Chimay sign hanging at the front, pictures of pigs on the windows, and art on the walls.

Edited by biakbiak, Jan 7, 2004 @ 12:22 AM.

keckler

keckler

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 1:21 AM

I'm going to be wearing my light blue "Wrath of Con" TWoP shirt with Shatner on it.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 1:26 AM

And we are still supposed to approach you?:)

keckler

keckler

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 4:15 AM

Hey, it's a Glark original!

Smeg

Smeg

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 7:41 PM

I'm sad, I'm not going to be able to make it. I'm moving that weekend.

Wine2Much

Wine2Much

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 2:24 AM

I'm going to be there w/ 2 non-TWOPpers.

Hey, I'm supposedly in town visiting them. I can't just say hi, and I'm leaving for a party, can I?

MacMadame

MacMadame

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:13 AM

I can't believe I forgot that the US National Figure Skating Championships are on this week and the finals are Sat. night. I'll have to think about this.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 12:36 AM

MacMadame that is what vcrs are made for.

MacMadame

MacMadame

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:53 AM

TiVo. But I have to watch it live and then hop on the computer to talk to other fans about what we just saw just like with TWoP shows. :) Plus I want to watch without knowing the results and since I'll be skating at 9am the next day, I need to watch it first.

I'm thinking about coming up for drinks and then going home. Sorry keckler, but skating beats Enterprise for me any day.

JeniMull

JeniMull

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 8:11 PM

MacMadame, your cover is blown. You're really Kristi Yamaguchi, aren't you?

Topic? Looks we aren't heading out this weekend, so I hope to get to at least Phase I. I am dying to see some of y'all! And I'll wear my "Teacher Mother Secret Lover" t-shirt. Finally, looks of appreciation instead of utter confusion.

Belchimaera

Belchimaera

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 1:01 AM

Oh, add awe and admiration to the appreciation, Jeni!! I could carry my TWoP mug? Well, I'm sure we'll find each other - in a talking crowd I stick out for speaking funny!

javatimejava

javatimejava

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 1:15 AM

OOooooooh Mr. Kottah!

Is it too late for this newbie (longtime lurker, I swear--I even ordered a "Patronizing Us Is Like Making Love to a Pretty Widow" bumper sticker a long time ago!) to tag along? I just found this forum....

MacMadame

MacMadame

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 4:19 AM

You're really Kristi Yamaguchi, aren't you?

Well, I do live in Fremont.

And I made a date for before Papa Toby's with my friend who lives by the 24th & Mission BART station so now I have to come up to SF and can't whimp out. I think I'm still going home after drinks though. I'll try to drag my friend along. I think he'll fit in.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 4:58 AM

it too late for this newbie (longtime lurker, I swear--I even ordered a "Patronizing Us Is Like Making Love to a Pretty Widow" bumper sticker a long time ago!) to tag along?

Why no, no it is not.

I don't know what I will be wearing as I do not know what I will be doing before we are supposed to meet. However, I was just at Papa Toby's this evening and highly suggest people who arrive early try and snag some tables outside, which is at the front of the establishment. It not only allows for easy visability they are quite lovely because they are heated with heat lamps. Also, the cakes tend to be quite tasty for anyone who wants a snack.

javatimejava

javatimejava

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 4:09 PM

I may wear my "Patronizing Us" sticker on my forehead.

Otherwise, look for a woman wearing (most likely) black, with mid-length light brown hair and a confused smile.