New York City

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

517 replies to this topic

nelamm

nelamm

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 11:50 AM

Wondering something similar about the Oscars, but not one of those big parties (which I wouldn't be able to get into anyway).

The Last Dodo

The Last Dodo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 12:47 PM

Neither one has anything planned yet to the best of my knowledge, but I'd be up for either.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2004 @ 3:02 AM

It would be like TARcon, except the contestants sold their souls. Could you imagine Trump stopping by and getting mobbed by people wanting him to fire them?

Hey, whenever there's a gathering, I'll be game.

pseudostudent

pseudostudent

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2004 @ 9:27 PM

Could you imagine Trump stopping by and getting mobbed by people wanting him to fire them?

I'm sure we'd have to negotiate a price.

Hawkwild

Hawkwild

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2004 @ 10:33 PM

I'm sure we'd have to negotiate a price.

Ok. You write down your price on a piece of paper . . . . .

marlaas

marlaas

Posted Feb 20, 2004 @ 10:36 PM

I'm sadly obsessed with The Apprentice and agree that watching the finale would provide some perfect snarking opportunities...particularly if Heidi and Omarosa are still on the show by then! I'd love to do something Apprentice-related if anyone is interested.

Edited by marlaas, Feb 20, 2004 @ 10:37 PM.

iMissEthan

iMissEthan

Stalker

Posted Feb 25, 2004 @ 12:18 PM

That's the difference between Amazing Race & Apprentice for me. I have absolutely no desire to meet any of the Apprentice people, with the possible exception of Troy, George & Carolyn. That includes Trump. But with Amazing Race, the only one I didn't want to meet was Flo.

iMissEthan

iMissEthan

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 11:11 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted this to show up as new so more people would read it. It says on Miss Alli's website that she will be doing a reading in New York City the night of March 18. I don't have any details, but hope they will be forthcoming. At any rate, I know I plan to be there, wherever the reading will be. Once we have the details, perhaps a TWoPCon in that general vicinity is in order?

The Last Dodo

The Last Dodo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 11:21 AM

Sounds good to me! I was just thinking actually that at least settling on a date in March might be in order. March 18th is a Thursday...would all of you want to do something afterward that night, Saturday night the 20th, or both, even?

Edited by The Last Dodo, Feb 26, 2004 @ 11:23 AM.

iMissEthan

iMissEthan

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 12:09 PM

I'm in for the Thursday. I'm assuming NBC will be on reruns that night, so I'll just tape all the Miss Alli shows and go see her in person.

marlaas

marlaas

Posted Feb 28, 2004 @ 2:19 PM

March 18th sounds great...looking forward to meeting TWoPers, including the great Miss Alli!

whereverthefk

whereverthefk

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2004 @ 12:03 PM

"Never pass up a chance to be in the same place as Miss Alli, Couch Baron or Sars."

is pretty much my motto in life.* So stupid-ass job-willing, count me in for March 18th.

[*Well, that and "I was told there would be no math."]

OpheliasCat

OpheliasCat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 1, 2004 @ 2:20 PM

i'm down in NYC just about every weekend, so count me in. any place with good bbq is good with me!

kth201

kth201

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2004 @ 1:26 PM

I'm sort of new to TWoP, and have never been to a TWoPcon but I would assume they totally rock. Any news on the where and when of Miss Alli's visit? I didn't see anything on her website...

Sars

Sars

Posted Mar 2, 2004 @ 4:52 PM

The reading is at KGB, 7 PM. KGB is on East 4th.

kth201

kth201

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2004 @ 5:05 PM

Thanks for the info Sars! I just found this info online:

KGB
85 East 4th Street
Manhattan
New York,NY
http://www.kgbbar.com/about.shtml

Edited by kth201, Mar 2, 2004 @ 5:06 PM.

The Last Dodo

The Last Dodo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2004 @ 5:08 PM

Holy crap, I can walk there! Excellent!

ETA: I didn't realize it included Sars and djb as well...even better!

Edited by The Last Dodo, Mar 2, 2004 @ 5:10 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2004 @ 5:58 PM

Been in that area...I am so there. Yaaaaaaaaay and so on...

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2004 @ 8:40 PM

Wheeeeee! Yes, I will be there. Probably busting out an Apprentice recap or something. And yes, it's quite a TWoP-mighty evening.

mara

mara

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2004 @ 12:19 AM

Cool! I'll be there too. I've never watched The Apprentice, but snark can generally speak for itself.

skagirl77

skagirl77

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2004 @ 10:05 AM

Given the fact that it will feature both TWoP staff & a bar, we pretty much don't need any further planning excepting getting everyone's tushes there, right? Plus, if need be, there's a million & a half bars within a couple blocks for those in need of further refreshment. Ahhh...refreshment...

dimples1

dimples1

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2004 @ 10:35 AM

I'll be there. I haven't had a good snark fest in long time.

The Last Dodo

The Last Dodo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2004 @ 10:36 AM

Given the fact that it will feature both TWoP staff & a bar, we pretty much don't need any further planning excepting getting everyone's tushes there, right? Plus, if need be, there's a million & a half bars within a couple blocks for those in need of further refreshment. Ahhh...refreshment... 

That's what I was thinking...unless anyone strongly thinks otherwise, we may as well just play it by ear from there.

If we do need further planning, can I be in charge of "Ways and Means"? I have no idea what that actually is, but I've always liked the sound of it.

kth201

kth201

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 3, 2004 @ 11:56 AM

can I be in charge of "Ways and Means"?

It's all you The Last Dodo.
I'm planning on bringing some friends. I assume the TWoPers will be pretty obvious? Any by "obvious?" I mean "loud and drunk?"

Wohooo!!!!

Edited by kth201, Mar 3, 2004 @ 2:16 PM.

iMissEthan

iMissEthan

Stalker

Posted Mar 3, 2004 @ 3:36 PM

Holy crap - this is better than I could have imagined. Doesn't sound like we have to move from the locale to TWoPCon.

Glark, can this be posted in the TWoPCon calendar, perhaps as a special event since it's primarily a reading, not a TWoPCon?

Does anyone know the capacity for KGB?

Edited by iMissEthan, Mar 3, 2004 @ 4:06 PM.

pianodan

pianodan

Couch Potato

• Interests:Watching: Single-camera sitcoms (all, especially obscure cable entries); high-concept dramedies (plus 24 and Lost, which aren't funny); CBS reality shows (even Big Brother); Stewart, Colbert, Conan, Baseball Tonight. Hobbies: musical theater, crossword puzzles.

Posted Mar 4, 2004 @ 1:31 AM

Holy crap, of all the rotten timing. Opening night of my show! Oh well, serves me right for plugging my show here.

I assume the TWoPers will be pretty obvious? And by "obvious?" I mean "loud and drunk?"

Yes and yes! Even if they're not drunk yet, they're chatty-in-a-good-way... You won't see much Tubey gear, the NYC crowd is generally too cool for that. (generally = everyone but me.) Just say the magic word! ("TWoP: It's One Syllable")

Glark

Glark

Posted Mar 4, 2004 @ 2:06 AM

I happened to come into this thread for tech reasons, never count on me to read any message not in Nuts and Bolts or the 'confirmed' thread.

Anyways... yes, the Calendar is for any TWoP-related events but one would have to do the foot work of posting all details to the 'confirmed' thread.

I know the TWoP reading is at a smallish place which is why it's not being promoted too much in these parts. Sounded like space is at a premium so you might want to check in with the organizer before making grand plans.

kwnyc

kwnyc

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2004 @ 11:36 AM

Hi...I'm the organizer for the KGB reading, which is part of a regular series called "Drunken! Careening! Writers!" (yes, the title is stolen from Miss Alli's TAR recaps,with her permission).

The premise of the series is as follows: Good writers who read their work well, and something funny in it (nervous laughter counts). Frankly, it was a dream of mine to have an all-TWOP night from the time I started the series (3 mos. ago).

A little more info on KGB: never an admission fee, never a cover. Drinks are NYC reasonable. Please drink. I need to cover my deposit.

The room, which is up a flight of stairs from the sidewalk, and another flight of stairs once inside, opens around 7. There are some chairs & tables, but get there when the doors open to claim one. Otherwise you will stand...the place seats about 40-ish, holds about 100-ish (and I've been there at both ends of the spectrum).

And I am TOTALLY wearing my Tubey TAR t-shirt.

For more info, or to get on the mailing list for the series, which is truly kickass, email careeningwriters@aol.com

ETA that there WILL be special guests from the world of reality TV.

Edited by kwnyc, Mar 4, 2004 @ 11:51 AM.

kingdead

kingdead

Posted Mar 6, 2004 @ 1:03 PM

If I'm going to drink, I want to eat too...anyone up for quick dinner plans?

AlmondEyes

AlmondEyes

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2004 @ 6:25 PM

March 18 is Thursday, huh? That sounds like fun! I guess I can set one TV to tape Survivor and the second TV to tape Apprentice. If nothing comes up work-wise, I'll try to make it over there.