London

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

379 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Mar 11, 2004 @ 6:51 PM

Couch Baron, nature's quitter.

AllyOop

AllyOop

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2004 @ 5:48 AM

Y'know Couch Baron, that's why they invented planes. Specifically for situations like this!

Well, maybe it'll rain in LA that day and you'll feel like you're back in London with us!

vickyc007

vickyc007

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2004 @ 12:40 PM

OKey-cokey. There is a table booked at 5pm at Cafe Pacifico for next Saturday. It is booked under the name of London TwoP/Vicky.

I will endeavour to be there before then (in fact i can guarantee it as I hate being late), and will loiter at the bar and try to look out for people. If you see a large-lunged lass (more than likely dressed in black) staring at you, it will either be a weird psychopath or me. Either way, feel free to take a chance.

NB. CP never usually accept reservations on a Fri/Sat but after i explained that none of us had ever met before and wouldn't know what each other look like, she just laughed and accepted the booking. (I think she also wanted to get me off the phone!).So if you ever want to get a table there, then that's one way to try it!!

EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2004 @ 5:18 PM

Yay! Nice one Vickyc007. Looking forward to meeting you guys! I'll be the short one with the fur coat (unless something drastic happens to the weather in the next week) and the red hair...

Buni

Buni

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2004 @ 11:18 AM

Alas alas, the Guide Association has once more stolen a march on y'all. I get to spend Saturday 20th running two concerts (matinee and evening, donchaknow) and playing the piano for 4 hours. Because that's what I love doing. No, honestly. Really. I'm even half way towards convincing myself.

Look, my liver agrees with me....

If anyone's in recovery on the Sunday I could do a wind-down session....?

Britchic

Britchic

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 17, 2004 @ 5:48 AM

Have just found this thread - and didn't realise there was a London one - can't make it this time but would love to come another time X

vickyc007

vickyc007

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2004 @ 12:34 PM

Just a reminder - 5pm tomorrow. If you haven't put your name down and still want to come, just turn up and ask for the London TWOP/vicky table.

Otherwise I shall see everyone there.

FrannyBanany

FrannyBanany

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2004 @ 7:04 PM

Aw, drat. I thought it was next weekend! I actually live up in Milton Keynes (the jewel of Buckinghamshire) so it takes a bit of planning to come in for the night.
Have fun!

vickyc007

vickyc007

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2004 @ 4:53 AM

Well, it was lovely to see sjs and Englishmuffin at the weekend, and we had a fine old time at CP's.
But, ahem, Allyoop, what happened? Eh? You missed out on a good one! Never mind you'll have to come next time.

So far the month of May is being suggested. Early Mayish. Please shout out your suggestions for things to do, and when you would like to meet up.

AllyOop

AllyOop

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2004 @ 5:53 AM

I am deeply, deeply lame. For some reason, I had next weekend in my head, rather than this last weekend. Soooo stupid.

But I promise I will be at the next one - and I should have a phone again by then so I can be texted to remind me that I'm a dumbass and sometimes forget dates.

Glad you had fun, though!

McClusky

McClusky

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2004 @ 3:30 PM

Even though you didn't get there yourself, Allyoop, thanks for the heads up. Was unfortunately in the middle of a period of TV work experience / paid-job busy-ness so couldn't come.

Am generally in Soho so hope the next date coincides.

Edited by McClusky, Apr 1, 2004 @ 3:31 PM.

dcb

dcb

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2004 @ 9:50 AM

Hi all! I didn't find out that there were UK cons until too late for March, but I'd love to come to the next one.

So count me in for whenever (work diary willing)!

EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2004 @ 9:44 AM

It's been a bit quiet in here of late. Anyone got any suggestions for our next Con? How about an afternoon in June, so we can take advantage of the "summer" and sit outside somewhere with our beer?

vickyc007

vickyc007

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2004 @ 4:27 AM

Thats sounds good. There's plenty of nice pubs that overlook the river. Although I can't think of any offhand!!

Of course, after all of the rain we've been having, we may be a bit ambitious hoping that there's going to be some sun in June.

BTW, Englishmuffin I've still got to do the Masterson Inheritance tapes for you. I saw them this w/end and thought of you.

nelamm

nelamm

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2004 @ 8:00 AM

I'll be in London from around May 30 to June 2 (too little time, I know), so if anything's planned, please keep me posted.

EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2004 @ 3:18 PM

Well May 31 is Spring Bank Holiday, so if anyone's around, we could go somewhere in the afternoon (I would say evening, but I need my sleep for work...) I don't know anywhere good to go, because all the places I go are near my office in Waterloo, which is, well, ugh. Depending on the weather, we could head for Soho or by the river?

And vicky, I'd forgotten about those tapes as well! Be great to hear them though.

nelamm

nelamm

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2004 @ 4:53 PM

The wedding I'm going to has the ceremony in the early afternoon, and the meal in the evening. It's over on the west side of central London (don't ask me names of neighborhoods).

dcb

dcb

Channel Surfer

Posted May 13, 2004 @ 9:39 AM

I can make it for the bank holiday Monday, and a couple of pints sounds like a fine idea, if it would be ok for me to tag along?

EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2004 @ 12:57 PM

dcb, you're more than welcome to come along!

nelamm, what day is the wedding? Are you free on the Monday?

nelamm

nelamm

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2004 @ 1:15 PM

The wedding is on Monday. Ceremony and reception from (checking the invite- my God, this is gonna be a blowout) oh, 2:00 to 3:30 or so, and then dinner at 7:00 or so. So I'm free for much of the afternoon, I guess. The hotel where it's all at is in Hammersmith.

EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2004 @ 2:40 PM

Allowing for travelling time, that doesn't leave you very long. What about the Sunday - how would that suit everyone?

nelamm

nelamm

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2004 @ 3:56 PM

I guess. I'll be getting in mid-morning Sunday. I'll toast my ex, getting married across the Atlantic at that moment.

Where did you have in mind?

ETA: Feel free to email or IM me.

Edited by nelamm, May 13, 2004 @ 4:05 PM.

dcb

dcb

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2004 @ 12:27 PM

Thanks for the kind words, EnglishMuffin.

The Sunday works fine for me; just let me know where and when.

EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2004 @ 3:08 PM

Excellent! Sunday 30th it is then!

I'm away until next weekend, so hopefully in the meantime some others (I'm talking to you, vicky and sjs!) will decide to join us, otherwise this'll go down in history as the smallest TWoPCon ever!

I'll make some enquiries about good places to go, if no-one has any preferences...

vickyc007

vickyc007

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2004 @ 4:13 AM

I'm away until next weekend, so hopefully in the meantime some others (I'm talking to you, vicky and sjs!) will decide to join us,

Oops, Sorry,i forgot to keep track of this topic.

Yip, May 30th is good for me. Where and at what time?

Edited by vickyc007, May 18, 2004 @ 4:14 AM.

nelamm

nelamm

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2004 @ 8:30 AM

Well, just let me get off the plane. :-)

sjs

sjs

Video Archivist

Posted May 18, 2004 @ 11:47 AM

Decloaking to apologise for not having chipped in earlier...

Sunday 30th is good for me, and anywhere around London works (though I'll put in a vote for the Edinboro Castle pub, at the junction of Parkway and Delancey Street in Camden - kind of depends on the weather though, as it's at least half beer garden).

Looking forward to new bods (and Masterson Inheritance tape loans?)

nelamm

nelamm

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2004 @ 4:17 PM

I know nothing about London pubs, but a friend is pushing me to try one across from the British Museum- the Museum Pub or something.

But I bow to your opinions. A better atmosphere, perhaps.

vickyc007

vickyc007

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2004 @ 4:30 AM

Looking forward to new bods (and Masterson Inheritance tape loans?)

Well, I know what I'm doing this weekend!!

nelamm

nelamm

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2004 @ 7:58 AM

As long as I'm allowed to grin dumbly, not getting any British cultural references you make, it's OK.