Chicago

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

258 replies to this topic

Ipstenu

Ipstenu

Fanatic

• Interests:I remember when we had to dial-in upstream both ways to get to MBTV in a blizzard, and we didn't have modems! We had to whistle the tones in. The mods used to take us behind the woodshed and beat us for not using correct capitalization. I remember BEFORE TUBEY!<br /><br />Also I remember, but never really 'dug' Dawson's Wrap. The Fivehead scared me. So I'm old, but I ain't THAT old.

Posted Jul 12, 2007 @ 1:07 PM

I'm game for another go. No time to plan anything myself, but still.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jul 21, 2007 @ 11:40 PM

I'm making plans on coming to Chicago for Wizard World, which takes place August 9-12. Maybe I could meet some of the Windy City's most hardcore TV viewers there.

maraleia

maraleia

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 7:54 PM

I''m game as well.

Millie

Millie

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 24, 2007 @ 10:08 AM

I think that sounds like a plan. At the risk of sounding uninformed....what is Wizard World? I mean is it a big convention or a small gathering?

Scratch that question....I just googled Wizaed World.

Edited by Millie, Jul 24, 2007 @ 10:12 AM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jul 27, 2007 @ 12:24 PM

I made hotel reservations, so I'm offically on for any meetups. While I'm thinking about it...are there any tourist spots you can recommend? I've been to the Sears Tower and Hancock Building in the past. I was alos contemplating going to a White Sox game on Wednesday, mostly since I've never been there and the Cubs are out of town that week.

Ipstenu

Ipstenu

Fanatic

• Interests:I remember when we had to dial-in upstream both ways to get to MBTV in a blizzard, and we didn't have modems! We had to whistle the tones in. The mods used to take us behind the woodshed and beat us for not using correct capitalization. I remember BEFORE TUBEY!<br /><br />Also I remember, but never really 'dug' Dawson's Wrap. The Fivehead scared me. So I'm old, but I ain't THAT old.

Posted Jul 27, 2007 @ 12:28 PM

I'll be on a cruise (CRUISE!) that weekend and will be gone for a week. So ...fie. Otherwise I'd totally be a WW on Sunday.

Millie

Millie

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2007 @ 8:06 AM

One of my absolute favorite things to do when I have people in from out of town is to take one of the architectural boat tours. You go all along the river and get to see the city from a new angle.

Ipstenu

Ipstenu

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2007 @ 5:47 PM

They are lovely. All the lower wacker construction makes them hard to get to. Go to the ones on the south east side of Michigan Ave, I forget the names, but they were the most fun.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jul 31, 2007 @ 9:50 PM

Thanks for the advice. Still hoping I could meet some of you next weekend.

ETA: I'm having some problems, so I might not be able to make it. Things are still up in the air.

Edited by Lantern7, Aug 1, 2007 @ 12:52 PM.

Millie

Millie

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2007 @ 9:21 PM

Work schedule depending, I am totally up for a drink

Lantern7 I hope everything works out.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Aug 4, 2007 @ 1:20 PM

The way I painted myself into a corner, I'd probably need a Jedi that can drop the whammy over the phone. Odds are I won't be able to get to the con.

Millie

Millie

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 10:28 PM

Any interest in trying to get together for the Battlestar movie?

Could be awesome. I personally like going to Evanston for my movies....nicer theatre, parking, bar.

Millie

Millie

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 4, 2008 @ 4:09 PM

So this could be a longshot BUT, I will be at Grant Park tonight wearing an "Abstince is for Virgins" t-shirt if anyone wants to try to find me.

gauchogirl

gauchogirl

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 8, 2009 @ 11:05 PM

I am new to Chicago and new to this forum. I was find it really fun and interesting.
I was transferred from the west coast and have not met too many people in Chicago yet and am always looking for get togethers. Hoping someone wants to get something going here.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2010 @ 1:04 AM

I know the TWoPcon threads are barren, but I have to ask . . . is anybody out there going to C2E2 in April? I'm booked to go, and I'm looking to meet up with local fans, maybe do some tourist stuff while I'm there.

Kaffyr

Kaffyr

Fanatic

• Interests:Doctor Who, Caprica Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Project Runway, Eureka, Leverage, White Collar, Burn Notice, reading, science fiction, reading science fiction, journalism, the 4th estate, DEMOCRACY, Canada, Who fanfic (about and with which some folks undoubtedly have problems), government policy wonk stuff, and music, music muuuusic.

Posted Feb 24, 2010 @ 9:03 PM

Quick - what's C2E2? If you're going to be able to make it to Chicago, I'd probably be game to do touristy stuff. Love my adopted city, and would love to show y'all around.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Feb 24, 2010 @ 9:28 PM

It's the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo. I'm coming in on Thursday, April 15, and I intend to zero in on Wrigley Field as soon as I dump the stuff off at the hotel. I could get up early to do some tourist stuff before the con, but I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to have.

Kaffyr

Kaffyr

Fanatic

• Interests:Doctor Who, Caprica Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Project Runway, Eureka, Leverage, White Collar, Burn Notice, reading, science fiction, reading science fiction, journalism, the 4th estate, DEMOCRACY, Canada, Who fanfic (about and with which some folks undoubtedly have problems), government policy wonk stuff, and music, music muuuusic.

Posted Feb 25, 2010 @ 12:43 AM

I'm normally out in the burbs on Thursdays, but with this kind of lead time, can rearrange my schedule a bit and stay in the city (much more enjoyable, anyhow, and I'm on the north side, just a few El-stops north of Wrigley.) As you get closer to your visit, PM me and maybe the logistics can come together.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2010 @ 11:00 AM

Kaffyr . . . I got your e-mail. A response will be forthcoming.

Anybody else heading to C2E2?