Cast/Crew Appearances in Real Life

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1606 replies to this topic

PrettyButterfly

PrettyButterfly

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:57 PM

Amber Benson was in Forbidden Planet, Aberdeen today. It was billed as a singing event. I missed it, mainly because I took one look at the queue stretching down schoolhill and backed away slowly.

spritz

spritz

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 2:10 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing Michelle Trachenberg in the upcoming Mad TV skit.

There's something about Michelle Trachenberg that I've been wondering about. Sometime last year, I read an article (I don't remember from what source) that mentioned that Michelle Trachenberg was listed by People magazine as one of the top 50 most influential teens in the country. I looked into the People website, but I couldn't find anything about a list of influential teens. Does anyone know anything about this?

Scade

Scade

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 5:08 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing Michelle Trachenberg in the upcoming Mad TV skit.

Don't. I'm just saying.

Hostile16

Hostile16

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:52 PM

Spritz, that's gonna be from Teen People, not the regular People. Here's the link, although I think it's only available to AOL subscribers. From last March, it's called "20 Teens Who Will Change the World." Trachtenberg's entry reads in part:

I realized that if I was a role model, I wanted to show kids that you can be successful without getting high. It escalated from there: I [joined] groups like Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) and Recording Artists, Actors and Athletes Against Drunk Driving (RADD) and, in 1998, was chosen as a youth adviser [to help launch] the National Youth Anti-Drug Media campaign ... I'd like to start my own charity, which would help underprivileged kids. There's hundreds of new charities coming out every day, but unless they have a lot of publicity, they're not going to get the attention that they deserve…. It all starts with one person.

BTW, there's a brief AH interview in Entertainment Weekly this week coinciding with the release of American Wedding on DVD. It's not (yet?) on the web site, but isn't particularly informative. She mentions Jason Biggs giving her hell for not inviting him to her wedding, and that she wanted to lock Eugene Levy and Fred Willard in her basement until she learned everything about comedy they could teach her. If you want to check for the article later, this week's password for non-AOLers is oscartime.

ETA: A few pages over, there's also a review of ED's "Tru Calling" (grade: C) with a casting spoiler (hilarious!) I won't go into. The review basically tells Tru to lighten up (she's a hot, pouty bore) and be more like Faith: "Give her a sense of mischief. Or humor. Faith would agree -- any girl who consorts with the dead needs spirit."

Edited by Hostile16, Jan 5, 2004 @ 8:08 PM.

emmanya

emmanya

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 4:28 PM

I hope this is the correct topic. It seems the most relevent to me as Americans do not have the season six dvd yet.Behind the scenes OMWF

brave little toaster

brave little toaster

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 4:36 PM

ooh, awesome. that means the featurette is longer than the one I downloaded on Kazaa, cause there were screencaps that weren't in the clip I have. yay!

Katkins

Katkins

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 7:22 AM

Ok, I am a bad person. Looking at those screencaps made me immediately go over to CD Wow and buy the Season 6 dvds which I have been lusting over for so long.

For anyone who uses R2 dvd's, they are the bargain price of £34.99.

ETA - I suspect this post should probably go in the 'Buffy on Video/dvd' topic. Sorry.

Edited by Katkins, Jan 8, 2004 @ 7:23 AM.

EONdc

EONdc

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 8:37 AM

Someone just paid 2760 pounds for tea with ASH, according to his webiste www.anthonyhead.org. They've been auctioning this off as a fundraiser for an animal charity he works with. If my mental currency conversion calculator still serves me, that translates into about $5000 in U.S. currency. Damn. That better be some mighty fine tea.

escape

escape

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 3:48 PM

I thought I'd let everyone know that the Slayer Cruise website is up and running and that they've announced a few guests.

So far, the Buffy celebs that have signed on are: Iyari Limon, James Leary, George Hertzberg, Julie Benz, and Andy Hallett.

HellKitten

HellKitten

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 4:17 PM

CC says Thank you

Scroll down to the 01/09/04 box

shamoogity

shamoogity

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:55 PM

Was that D.B. Woodside on Sharon Osbourne the other day? I was flipping channels and caught about a millisecond of the interview before it cut to commercial so I wasn't a hundred percent sure if it was him.

BJC

BJC

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 6:30 PM

So far, the Buffy celebs that have signed on are: Iyari Limon, James Leary, George Hertzberg, Julie Benz, and Andy Hallett.

I would sell my unborn children to party on a cruise with George & Andy.

Naxus

Naxus

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 3:40 AM

Was that D.B. Woodside on Sharon Osbourne

Yep. I saw that he was going to be on and kept checking it until he came out. He was there for his role on 24. There was no mention at all of Buffy, but they talked about his sex life for a while.

Hostile16

Hostile16

Stalker

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 11:59 PM

Did my name come up?

Naxus

Naxus

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:43 AM

Heh. He didn't name any names. Just talked about one time when he skipped out of school during the middle of the day to come home for a little hooky nookie with his girlfriend. And then his dad came home. So D.B. ran around, hid the girl, got dressed, and told his dad he was just home for lunch. Then his dad heard a noise and found the girl sitting in the closet. Naked.

I guess that could have been you, Hostile16. If it makes you feel better. :-)

escape

escape

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 12:50 PM

My Tivo has DB listed as one of the guests on On Air With Ryan Seacrest tomorrow, 1/13.

brave little toaster

brave little toaster

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 1:39 PM

And David Boreanaz is on today at some point (or so said Tivo, and Tivo knows best).

Hostile16

Hostile16

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 1:58 PM

He's also (according to AOL 'cause we're not all blessed with Tivo) guest-starring in a Comedy Central rerun of "Mad TV" at 5 p.m. EST Thursday and 1 p.m. EST Friday.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 6:05 PM

Eliza Dushku is scheduled to appear on The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn on Friday night. Check local listings.

Dazed

Dazed

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 8:46 PM

David is going to be on Jimmy Kimmel live on the 21st. Depending on where you live, it might be the 22nd, due to it's 12:05 air date in NY.

David will also be on "Last Call with Carson Daly". The show tapes on the 26th, of which I will be in the audience screaming sexual inuendos at DB, just cause I'm freaky like that. When does the show air? I haven't a clue, though it's usually the week after.

ETA: Just saw Eliza on Craig Kilborn, and I must say, he's got the greatest audience. Anywho, she was on to promote Tru Calling, but to my surprise "Buffy" was mentioned. One of the interns made up five slogans that would go with Tru Calling and one of them went like this:

"It's like Buffy, if Buffy wasn't such a bitch"

LOL. Now, the question is, are they talking about the character the actress or both??

If anyone is curious to know what the other remaining 4 slogans were...

1. "Morgues have never been sexier"
2. "Tru Calling... Eliza Duskhu saves lives in a tight tank top"
3. "For the man who has the balls to tell his girlfriend... he's not watching 'Friends' tonight"
4. "If you had the power to change the future, what would you Do-ushku?"

Edited by Dazed, Jan 17, 2004 @ 1:51 AM.

namrog

namrog

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 1:35 AM

I just saw The Late Late Show with Eliza as a guest. Craig Kilborn said that most of the staff was really excited to meet her. They had one staff member read suggestions for new slogans for Tru Calling. One was "It's just like Buffy, if Buffy wasn't such a bitch." Eliza just shook her head. Another slogan said something about Eliza running around in a tight tank top, and Eliza said to the guy "You're not wrong." Shout out?

ETA: Dazed, we posted at the same time.

Edited by namrog, Jan 17, 2004 @ 1:53 AM.

nil

nil

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 2:01 AM

The one night I can't sleep and I miss this. Sounds interesting... What channel is this usually on?

namrog

namrog

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 2:09 AM

It is on CBS after David Letterman (12:30 am on the East Coast).

Bedellia

Bedellia

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 10:55 AM

New Emma Caufield pictures at the Torque World Premiere

DJNutMeg

DJNutMeg

Fanatic

• Interests:Lots of stuff

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 11:15 AM

Scarfs are big lately.

Edited by DJNutMeg, Jan 17, 2004 @ 12:30 PM.

Bedellia

Bedellia

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 12:33 PM

InStyle AH wedding pics.

Edited by Bedellia, Jan 17, 2004 @ 12:53 PM.

Dazed

Dazed

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 4:07 PM

Ah, those two have to be the "cutest" of all celebrity couples. So, the guest list? Tony, Emma, Nick, Tom... anyone else from Buffy and or Angel that I'm missing?

shamoogity

shamoogity

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 5:18 PM

That is possibly my favourite wedding dress ever. It just suits her figure so perfectly. God, I'm such a sap for weddings. And he proposed under a rainbow. Awww.

emmanya

emmanya

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 5:37 PM

Two new sets of Emma pictures!!! *dies*

HeadCase

HeadCase

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 7:15 PM

Tony, Emma, Nick, Tom... anyone else from Buffy and or Angel that I'm missing?

In a recent interview, ASH mentioned that the last time he'd spoken to Joss was at Aly's wedding.