Full House

• Please log in to reply

5613 replies to this topic

pretzels

pretzels

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 11:06 PM

watched the episode on nick at night when Rebecca has the babies. It was hysterical. Jesse had to have surgery and he starts singing because he is under drugs. Michelle is having a birthday party and they all forget and she and her friends take the birthday cake and just dig in.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:10 PM

It seems that Michelle has had her share of bad birthdays. The above mentioned twin-birth that overshadows her Flintstones party, and let's not forget the one where her, Jesse & Steph were stuck at a gas station and they were forced to put on a circus act for to replace her planned circus party.

I don't know what's worse: the fact that everyone goes out of their way to play extravegant parties for Michelle alone, or the fact that she always misses out on them.

chran

chran

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 7:48 AM

Re: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

I seem to remember from later episodes that both actresses were on the screen at the same time in Full House. How did they explain that Michelle suddenly had a twin on the show?

Or is my memory faulty?

YourDensity

YourDensity

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 8:15 AM

Once they played "good Michelle" and "bad Michelle" (ie: devil/angel conscience) and once Jesse had a nightmare there were two Michelles.

And then don't get me started on the "identical cousins" bit with Jesse's family and him proposing to Becky.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 8:22 AM

Also, in the final ep., it's AmnesiaMichelle and MemoryMichelle, which gave us the final climatic scene of the two merging together! Chee-say.

And yes, they also appeared as identical Greek cousins in addition to Michelle in one of many Greek themed eps.

chran

chran

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:47 PM

So my memory was faulty.

I must have confused Full House with that other show about them living together with a single dad ... Two of a Kind.

Thanks all!

popcorn

popcorn

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 4:17 PM

I saw the last episodes (the two parter) not too long ago, and the guy Steph was crushing on was JJ Pryor (Will Estes) from American Dreams. It made me laugh cause he had stupid floppy hair and was not a good actor. Nice to see he's improved.

lindseywalker

lindseywalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 5:51 PM

I seriously cannot believe how bad of an actor the guy that plays Uncle Joey is. He is horrible AND horrifying. Who decided he was a comedian? Also, he has that smarmy way of delivering a line where he seems like he's laughing at how funny he is or how right on his stoopid impressions are.

I wonder if John Stamos ever kicked his ass just on principle after taping that one where Uncle Joey shows up as Michelle's teacher. Oy vay. The cheesy/smarmy Joey made me feel like I was experiencing morning sickness...any my baby is 4 months old!

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 6:27 PM

I seriously cannot believe how bad of an actor the guy that plays Uncle Joey is. He is horrible AND horrifying. Who decided he was a comedian?

And I can't believe that I ever had a crush on him. I saw an episode today and I was wondering what I ever saw in him. Ick.

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 6:39 PM

Also, he has that smarmy way of delivering a line where he seems like he's laughing at how funny he is or how right on his stoopid impressions are.

At least when Red Skelton cracked up before he delivered the punch line, he wasn't nearly as abrasive or annoying as Dave Coulier.

I was totally crushing on Uncle Jesse, though. I drop everything when those 10-10-987 commercials come on. :)

Edited by RainIsBeautiful, Jan 7, 2004 @ 6:44 PM.

sonneta

sonneta

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 6:44 PM

ChinkyGirl said, many posts ago:

Creepy is actually how I describe Joey's role in the family. He was only Danny's friend and how no other excuse for being there!

Which lends credence to my "Danny and Joey are more than friends" theory. Think about it. Danny invites a guy to live with him and basically act as the girls' second father.

Yes, I know. Danny/Joey slash is a verybadwrong idea. And yet. I am writing verybadwrong fanfic about it. Maybe. I feel dirty.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 11:00 PM

Well they did dress in drag together that one time which somehow led to them being imprisoned...

However, I think there were a few more HoYay moments between Joey and Jesse, of all people.

meldogg1978

meldogg1978

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:58 PM

I was totally crushing on Uncle Jesse, though. I drop everything when those 10-10-987 commercials come on. :)

Totally. He has not aged at all. He is so gorgeous. I still call him Uncle Jesse to this day.

karatekate

karatekate

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:12 PM

I still call him Uncle Jesse to this day.

So I'm not the only one! My boyfriend and I were watching X2 last night and when Rebecca Romajin-Stamos came on screen in all her scaley-blue glory I felt the need to counter his "she's hot" with "and married to Uncle Jesse... how lucky!"

Luckily, he already knew I was weird

sunny605

sunny605

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:34 PM

me too me too me too! Uncle Jesse (whose name will always be as such), my first celebrity crush :D

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 1:29 AM

ABC Family showed the epi where Kimmy got drunk today -- nice to see they're showing that one for today's kids. DrunKimmy was NOT fun, and maybe a kid or two will pick up on that and "just say no" at the next party.

[/DrunkDrivingPSA]

Edited by RainIsBeautiful, Jan 10, 2004 @ 1:30 AM.

lannie

lannie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 3:55 PM

The funniest part of that episode is that the fraternity kicked the guy out for bringing the beer and Kimmy for being drunk. Like that would happen!

queenfrostine

queenfrostine

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 5:13 PM

Delurking to mention the episode when Stephanie did that little dance routine thingy.. It was mentioned upthread a long while ago, but that stands out as my favorite episode because I remember taping the ending (which probably required my dad's help) when she did the big dance, and I watched it over and over until I could do the whole dance myself. I think I put on a show for my family once I learned it...that ep made me want to be a dancer and also Boyz II Men's "Motownphilly" became my favorite song for a while.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 6:10 PM

Oh geez..."Motownphilly" was the song to perform with 5-6 girls at our school's talent show that year ;)

And now back on topic: Joey is annoying and overstayed his welcome from the first episode. Discuss ;)

TheRealJanBrady

TheRealJanBrady

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 7:35 PM

When John Stamos was on the Ellen DeGeneres show recently, even SHE introduced him to the audience as "Uncle Jesse." Hee!

dawsnzchck

dawsnzchck

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 9:30 PM

Oh geez..."Motownphilly" was the song to perform with 5-6 girls at our school's talent show that year ;)

OMG, I thought that was just my routine. We all had matching shiny shirts and patent leather shoes too.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 11:32 PM

You know, I have a question. Remember when Stephanie had that birthday party and was so excited when Jesse managed to get Pop Star Tommy Page to attend? Did anybody else ever know who the fuck that guy was? Or was he supposed to be something like IPS Joy from 7th Heaven, somebody they SAY is famous to try and make them famous. I remember when that episode first aired, that guy showed up and Steph screams, "TOMMY PAGE!!!" I was all, "Who?!"

K. Piddy

K. Piddy

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 11:50 PM

I remember hearing of Tommy page a week before and going "who the fuck?" then seeing him on Full House going "why the fuck is he on here". He was semi famous. if you were nosey, like me, you knew him but he was never actually BIG.
This might be him

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:48 AM

That's definitely the same guy. He's had the same perma-drunk gaze since he appeared on Full House.

From his official site:

Tommy sees his music career as a fairy tale dream like Cinderella (you know where the clock is about to strike 12 ending all the magic?) When he realized that he wouldn't be making albums forever, he chose the name Ten til Midnight, (kind of like when you're counting down and cherishing all those special moments before the "magic" ends). This might seem like sad news, but Tommy will always continue writing songs so his music will always go on (just as it still does when you pop in one of his CDs!)

Seriously? Gah.

Every time I see the words "Tommy Page", I think "Tommy Gunn", of Rocky V fame. Well, "fame", since only ten of us saw that movie. How fun would it be if Tommy Page and Tommy Gunn got into a street fight?

Topic!
Comet: Girl or Boy? Discuss.

Edited by RainIsBeautiful, Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:51 AM.

dawsnzchck

dawsnzchck

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:02 AM

Comet is a boy, remember when he got away from Michelle and met the girl dog on top of the bell tower?

That one always bugged me because in my official Full House book (yes, I had it) there is a picture of the day that Minnie gave birth to Comet and his brothers and sisters but the caption reads "Comet had puppies" and I was always like, um no, Comet was one of the puppies.

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:04 AM

Comet is a boy, remember when he got away from Michelle and met the girl dog on top of the bell tower?

Right. I guess I should have worded the question differently: Was the real dog a boy or girl? Do we know?

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 1:07 AM

I don't remember whether the dog actor was a boy or girl but I do remember that Minnie and Adult Comet were played by the same dog.

underthecovers

underthecovers

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 2:55 AM

I remember Comet being a puppy and being in love with Uncle Jesse. But, are we sure he didn't have puppies? Because I'm remembering this whole big to-do over puppies and I thought it was all surprising them because they were all omg, it's actually a girl?

queenfrostine

queenfrostine

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 6:48 PM

I remember a random dog had puppies and then the dog's owner let the Tanners keep one, then they had that big thing about naming it and decided on Comet..

dawsnzchck

dawsnzchck

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 11:59 PM

and that Dog was Minnie. They let Michelle pick which puppy to keep and Michelle picked Comet, the one that loved Uncle Jessie's bed.