Pirate Shirts, Hoochie Shorts, Shredwear & Safety Pins: AI Haute Couture

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

714 replies to this topic

LizzWith2Zs

LizzWith2Zs

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 4:48 PM

I am so very afraid that I am going to be bombarded with the ubiquitous atrocity that is the newsboy cap. Please, Leah from Bulgaria (by way of Brooklyn, perhaps) retire that "hat" pronto. I cannot stand those fuckers.

ColdGreg

ColdGreg

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 5:27 PM

I think they should ban hats entirely. Paula's fedora, I'm looking at you.

Gilda Slice

Gilda Slice

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 5:35 PM

At the second LA Audition, I took a count of how many people wore flowers, newsboy caps, baseball caps, and a Staying Alive head band. When I go home, I'll post the stats so you all can prepare for the storm of bad fashion.

I think I also have a tally of how many panty flashings I saw from girls in mini-skirts. It's not my thing, but it's something you can't help but notice.

Magilla Gorilla

Magilla Gorilla

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 7:39 PM

And what was with this year's twins? The Appolonia meets Blondie meets Catholic Schoolgirl, but with far less taste?... Girls, girls, girls: cut. it. out. Could anyone's dinners look less fetching than when put into an ill-fitting tube top? Just. no.

JenEx

JenEx

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 10:04 PM

Three words: Wear. A. Bra.

Seriously, women. It's called support. Look into it.

DoctorNeon

DoctorNeon

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 10:26 PM

You're talking to Scooter Girl, aren't you??
Look out, Captain!! It's airborne!!

Asja

Asja

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 4:27 PM

Those Banshee Twins had a "hooker sheik" thing going on that was just scary. The worst part is that they probably thought they looked fabulous. Schreeching streetwalkers = me torn between gouging my eyes out and shoving pecils in my ears.

and his name was bob

and his name was bob

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 6:42 PM

Um. Anyone see the preview for Ryan's show where they showed all the cool guests he's had recently? Enrique was totally wearing Craggle's icky huge brown beehive hat, or I'm going insane.

Magilla Gorilla

Magilla Gorilla

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 8:41 PM

Yeah, DoctorNeon, Cooter girl definitely needed something under that dress. Especially if she's going to be shaking it around in jubilation and all. I mean, it was strangely compelling and all--but I worry about the future placement of her dinners. Hers and the Dischord Twins'.

Pink Mayuri

Pink Mayuri

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 5:08 PM

That sparkly blue thing ShatGirl had on... yama hama!

Gilda Slice

Gilda Slice

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 1:13 PM

Because I adore Shack and am sad that the world hasn't gotten his memo on hats, at the LA audition, there were:

3 red newsboy caps
6 black newsboy caps
4 tan newsboy caps
3 grey newsboy caps
3 pink newsboy caps
1 pink newsboy cap with bandana
1 brown newsboy cap
6 baseball caps
1 bandana
18 flowers in hair
2 sweatbands a la Staying Alive

May god or a washboard abbed man help you through LA.

yui

yui

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 6:26 PM

May god or a washboard abbed man help you through LA.

God is in the tub. Jesus however, is available.

Gilda Slice

Gilda Slice

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 8:17 PM

And Jesus is ripped.

shalozby

shalozby

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 9:44 PM

...but his hands are all bloody.

I'm going to hell.

FfrauleinN

FfrauleinN

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 11:57 AM

Hee.

I think they should ban hats entirely. Paula's fedora, I'm looking at you.

Honestly. I don't think she has the right kind of head for it. The hair's cute though. Also, can we ban fair-weather scarves, especially on tiny Paula?

2 sweatbands a la Staying Alive

Damn. I don't know what's worse, this or the side ponytail.

naillig

naillig

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 1:03 PM

I seriously covet Dreah's pink dress. Ladylike and sexy at the same time -- I love it.

JellyRoGrl

JellyRoGrl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 1:50 PM

I seriously covet Dreah's pink dress. Ladylike and sexy at the same time -- I love it

I think the flower in her hair is really what closed the deal for me, tho. It was so dainty and elegant.

naillig

naillig

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 2:11 PM

Yep, I loved the flower in the hair, too. I can't pull that look off unless I'm at a beach resort, but I envy those who can.

Neck flowers are another story.

freckle face

freckle face

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 3:04 PM

For those interested in Dreah's dress, she said this morning on a local radio show that it is from Bijou-Bijou

freckle face

freckle face

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 3:06 PM

Damn double post

Edited by freckle face, Jan 28, 2004 @ 3:07 PM.

AmazonGoddess

AmazonGoddess

Video Archivist

• Interests:Movies, music, TeeVee, my hubby, my family, my dogs, my friends, and my books...Not necessarily in that order.

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 11:42 PM

Does anyone know where I can get my "Big Girls Rock" t-shirts? Paula was cool if somewhat unkempt.

And what, exactly was model girl wearing? The hair was horrid (visions of Craggle dancing in my head) but that outfit?!?!? It really showed off her, um, personalities, er um, personality, but I just wanted to hand her a needle and thread to fix some of those shreds. Honey, if it didn't work for Ryan Starr (and she could sing) it's not gonna work for you!

BTW....I agree..the hats...all of the hats.... must go. Yesterday!

edited because I have a BA in English and should be able to spell...

Edited by AmazonGoddess, Jan 28, 2004 @ 11:43 PM.

El Aurens

El Aurens

Posted Feb 17, 2004 @ 9:36 PM

Camile's outfit tonight was the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Her "rasta" wristband was stupid and her shirt looked like something you'd wear over a swimsuit at the beach.

bettymojo

bettymojo

Posted Feb 17, 2004 @ 10:15 PM

Camille must have tons of those shirts. It is nearly identical to the one she wore during her first audition. I know there is regional pride and all, but Hawaiians do know how to dress like they're not going to the beach, right?

Psychobunny

Psychobunny

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2004 @ 11:05 PM

I still think Kara's dress was the fugliest thing I ever saw. And that includes Paula's "somebody cut a huge chunk out of it" shirt.

Queen B

Queen B

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 1:55 AM

I too was wondering why Camille was wearing that shirt again. It's very 80s, very Flashdance. Quel scary.

gyc

gyc

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 2:06 AM

I too was wondering why Camille was wearing that shirt again. It's very 80s, very Flashdance. Quel scary.

That was a fugly shirt. Which reminds me of the girl on an episode of Seinfeld who was always seen wearing the same outfit. Does she have a closet full of that shirt, or did her AI appearances just happen to fall on the same day of her laundry cycle? Maybe she only has that one shirt. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 11:00 AM

I liked Lisa's outfit last night compared to the two outfits that she wore to her auditions this season and last season. But I did not appreciate the generous look at her tummy that her shirt and skirt provided. Lisa really is a lovely girl with nice features and beautiful hair, but she really needs to wear clothes that flatter her curves more.

Camile looked like she draped a hammock around her shoulders last night. That looked like ass.

Why do the Roman brothers always wear big, baggy shirts? It looks terrible.

AmazonGoddess

AmazonGoddess

Video Archivist

• Interests:Movies, music, TeeVee, my hubby, my family, my dogs, my friends, and my books...Not necessarily in that order.

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 1:40 PM

What possessed Marisa to wear a dress over jeans? I'm so tired of this fashion trend. I believe I first spotted it on Cameron Diaz..and if anyone wants to dress like her..then I suppose they get what they deserve. Bring back Jennifer's roasting bag/spaceman outfit...at least it was visually interesting.

edited because correct spelling is a beautiful thing

Edited by AmazonGoddess, Feb 18, 2004 @ 1:43 PM.

Bruin4Ever

Bruin4Ever

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 2:25 PM

I hadn't realized how, um, "built" Lisa is until last night. Her black shirt really highlighted her assets.

SnarkMouse

SnarkMouse

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2004 @ 4:44 PM

Why do the Roman brothers always wear big, baggy shirts? It looks terrible.

They need to be able to clothe the multitudes at a moment's notice.