Dr. Phil

• Please log in to reply

14278 replies to this topic

Hag23

Hag23

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 4:09 PM

To the woman at the end who wouldn't talk to her kids about sex and had the "save it for marriage" atitude...the 1950's (before the Internet, Facebook, cell phones, etc.) are calling. Time to head back there. I'm glad Phil called her out.

I agree that Robin should sit there and keep quiet. Her ridiculous observations about men and women only make her look foolish, and I would think Phil wouldn't want that.

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

The surviving children on the show with the mourning mother just broke my heart. Both of the parents looked pretty sketchy to me--there was something off with him, and she definitely had serious problems but those kids--to have lived with their mother ignoring them while she mourns their dead sister--for TEN years --and they still love her and want her love and attention. I just hope she takes whatever help is offered or she doesn't deserve those kids.

legaleagle88

legaleagle88

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 5, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

That woman who refuses to discuss sex with her is going to end up with at least one teen pregnancy in her family.

Hag23

Hag23

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

When the husband in the first segment today said abusing thier cat was "not a big deal", I wanted to give him a huge kick in the ass. People that think animals are not as important because they're not human disgust me.

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

I don't want to hear the POS say that about a cat, I'll get too pissed off and write into the show! I can't even watch those awful commercials showing the sad tortured faces of abused animals with a heartwreching song playing. I cry just thinking about stupid parents that get their little ones a kitty or puppy or something just to make that child happy, and to let the poor things suffer. SICK! I hate that stuff!

Edited by unosurvivor, Dec 7, 2012 @ 4:30 PM.

scruffy73

scruffy73

Fanatic

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

The surviving children on the show with the mourning mother just broke my heart. Both of the parents looked pretty sketchy to me--there was something off with him, and she definitely had serious problems but those kids--to have lived with their mother ignoring them while she mourns their dead sister--for TEN years --and they still love her and want her love and attention. I just hope she takes whatever help is offered or she doesn't deserve those kids.

And what about the daughters that weren't even BORN when the daughter died? They are mourning someone they didn't know and really seeing how out of whack their mother and father are. When the oldest of the two basically said the mother needed to get over it I wanted to give her a hug.

When the husband in the first segment today said abusing thier cat was "not a big deal", I wanted to give him a huge kick in the ass. People that think animals are not as important because they're not human disgust me

He needed a kick for more than that but that is definitely on the list. 1. He stopped the family counseling. 2. He decided his wife didn't need medication. (I didn't get the impression he was a doctor.) 3. He kept saying that his wife loved his kids when she kept saying that she didn't. His whole name is Denial. He wants everything to be okay but he won't acknowledge ALL of what is wrong and he doesn't want to do the work to fix it. And the "I don't want to deprive my kids of their mother [that hates them]" pissed me off as much as the "wrapping a collar around a cat's neck and putting it in a cooler is not abuse" angered you.

car54

car54

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 7, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

"Dr Sophie" on today's show has been a celebrity therapist on Real Housewives and Flipping Out recently. I bet he's going to put a lot into helping the mothers who didn't want their children.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Dec 8, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

He needed a kick for more than that but that is definitely on the list. 1. He stopped the family counseling. 2. He decided his wife didn't need medication. (I didn't get the impression he was a doctor.) 3. He kept saying that his wife loved his kids when she kept saying that she didn't. His whole name is Denial.

Or Rusty Yates.

I was intrigued that the dad in the second segment quit his job to be Mr Mom. And the wife doesn't work outside the home but is getting ready to go to college. So...trust fund? Lottery winners?

shinythings

shinythings

Just Tuned In

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:12 PM

Or Rusty Yates.

I was intrigued that the dad in the second segment quit his job to be Mr Mom. And the wife doesn't work outside the home but is getting ready to go to college. So...trust fund? Lottery winners?

That's what I was wondering too. Also if they have the money that both adults could stay home, why not just hire a part time nanny or something?
I also don't know too many husbands that would do what seems like most of the work of a stay at home parent without getting pretty damn resentful of the other parent who aopeared to be sleeping in every morning, then ignoring the kids to play around on her iPad all day.

missy jo

missy jo

Fanatic

Posted Dec 10, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

Egads, if he's not plugging his book, he's plugging Robin's website.

I don't want to hear the POS say that about a cat, I'll get too pissed off and write into the show! I can't even watch those awful commercials showing the sad tortured faces of abused animals with a heartwreching song playing.

Oh man, you've never seen someone dive for the remote control as quick as I do when those horrible commercials come on!

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 3:16 PM

a heart wrenching song playing.

Just the opening bars of, "In the Arms of an Angel," upset me these days.

Today's show about the murdering mother was almost too much to watch, too. Marlinda, who was born in prison had to go through the emotional roller coaster of finding a sister and then learning about her horrible mother all within minutes. How many people are going to hear Marlinda say she has violent outbursts and add that info to the news that her mother murders children and stay far, far away from her? It was a weird show that seemed like an invasion of medical privacy to me.

Edited by JudyObscure, Dec 11, 2012 @ 3:17 PM.

Broderbits

Broderbits

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

The most shocking thing to me was the fact that they let the mother out of prison! I wonder if she was put back in jail after the attempt on her grandson's life.

Zahdii

Zahdii

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

I got home late, so only saw the last five minutes of the show. I couldn't believe that a show titled 'Killer Mom' spent the last few minutes with (so-called)Dr. Phil saying that because today's show was such a downer (paraphrasing here), he was happy to bring his idiot wife on to shill her stupid website again. Right, a new flat iron will really help.

jackhammer6681

jackhammer6681

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 12, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

I bet it was a shock to the sister to find out Mom was crazy as a loon. Now she knows why she is the way she is. I bet the relationship between the sisters never really gets any traction. They never said that the other sister was the daughter of the father of the first girl. Maybe a prison guard or another inmate? Can anyone say Freddie Kruger?

It seems that the last fifteen minutes of the last weeks shows have been dedicated to Robin and her stupid website.

Hag23

Hag23

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 12, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

The way Robin runs off at the mouth, she's the last one who should be making cracks about men talking too much.

Edited by Hag23, Dec 12, 2012 @ 8:56 PM.

jackhammer6681

jackhammer6681

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 2:11 AM

You got to admit that Robin is hot for her age.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

You got to admit that Robin is hot for her age.

Yes, with all the "hotness" money can buy. She's been stretched, plumped & cut to the point that she looks plastic.

Broderbits

Broderbits

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

Robin looks like a store mannequin, only much less animated. Maybe Phil is making her pay for her own surgery, and that's why she's on this sales push.

supie

supie

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 13, 2012 @ 2:38 PM

Why was murdering Mom out of jail ? Why did her daughter want to see her ? Why why why bring her son within 1000 miles of that insane woman ?? !!

jackhammer6681

jackhammer6681

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 1:27 AM

Yes, with all the "hotness" money can buy. She's been stretched, plumped & cut to the point that she looks plastic.

I'd still do her and say thank you afterwards.

Hag23

Hag23

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

I see there are two episodes coming up dealing with the horrible school shootings on Friday. Phil didn't waste time jumping on that, did he...

jackhammer6681

jackhammer6681

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 16, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

OMG...please tell me thats not so. The guy just can't leave something like that alone. Did anyone ever think that there are crazy people out there that see stuff like that as a path towards some sort of fame.

scruffy73

scruffy73

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

I don't necessarily think having ONE show about the shootings is a bad thing IF he focuses on the fact that mental illness is often overlooked, under diagnosed, and under or not at all treated. If he can give a look at what the signs of mental illness are and give information on resources for people who need or know of someone who needs mental health help then that would be positive. Focusing on the tragedy would, indeed, give copycats the big idea on how to get famous but focusing on how to get people help before they snap and do things like this would benefit his audience.

Of course this is not what is going to happen so I will probably delete it from my DVR but he COULD turn this tragedy into something meaningful with the fact that he reaches so many.

jackhammer6681

jackhammer6681

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 17, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

He's doing two shows SO FAR. The blood hasn't even been mopped up yet and he's going to Newtown and stand on a street corner begging for people to talk to him.

aimistrue

aimistrue

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 17, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

Sigh . . . Is it even worth pointing out how breathtakingly unprofessional it is for Shill and "Dr. Frank Lawless" to be speculating about unannmed, unidentified possible "organic brain conditions" of two murdererers who they have never met, let alone examined, as some sort of potetntial "explanation"? And does Shill ever address the mentally ill who have been identified, quite throughly diagnosed and treated, and yet are still symptomatic? Does he ever provide any insights about how to address that particular situation, or even acknowledge that it exists? Because if nothing else, in this specific situation, if the shooter in question had displayed even the slightest signs of deviating from normalcy, he is the type of person who would be virtually surrounded with treatment options, effective or otherwise, likely from birth.

jackhammer6681

jackhammer6681

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 17, 2012 @ 7:26 PM

Today he cut and pasted from previous shows concerning about this subject. Sometimes Phil has the grace and presence of an elephant. It's like he has a desire to be in the center of things. Remember when he tried to get involved with Britney Spears? Look how that turned out. And lets not forget Lindsey Lohan and Casey Anthony. The man is a fame whore.

Edited by jackhammer6681, Dec 17, 2012 @ 7:28 PM.

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

He will latch on to anything for ratings! Look at FUF and that homeless announcer guy and his druggie girlfriend. What a mess that was!

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

It's appalling the speed with which they got Monday's show up and going. The next air day after the tragedy. I don't think he'll offer anything truly useful and what an ego to head to Connecticut.

McGee43

McGee43

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

Both times that I saw that the show was about Newtown, I immediately stopped it and deleted it from my DVR. I knew what I would see and it sounds like I'm right. Glad to know I didn't waste my time.

jackhammer6681

jackhammer6681

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 19, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

In true parasite fashion, he was in Newtown to feed on the remains. The man should really be ashamed of himself on this one. It was okay when he tried to kidnap Britney Spears because she needed kidnapping but this is a new low for him.

At least this last show wasn't entirely about Newtown. However, every other word he used referred to Newtown. Thank god the next show is a rerun. I about puked when Robin and Phil began to read that poem.

Edited by jackhammer6681, Dec 19, 2012 @ 10:00 PM.