Dr. Phil

• Please log in to reply

14287 replies to this topic

McGee43

McGee43

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 12, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

Someone I knew very well killed himself, and it was a total shock. He had shown no signs of being suicidal. The family members often have no warning. The fact that some 19 year old thinks she wasn't suicidal is totally irrelevant.

We had that happen here in my town a few months ago. A 20 year old girl got into a fight with her mom, Googled how to kill herself, and did it. I hate to sound like an old fuddy duddy, but kids these days have the mentality of "do first, think later". You can say "she would NEVER EVER" all you want, but the truth is, it does happen. Why Dr. Phil didn't address this aspect, I don't know.

scruffy73

scruffy73

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2012 @ 11:46 PM

I can't really fault Dr. Phil THIS TIME for not addressing everything that he should have with Toni. She bulldozed over him every time he tried to ask her a question. He asked her if they had a fight, which she denied, but then she took dang near 3 minutes to describe what happened in the driveway which sounded to me, and Dr. Phil, like they had words. He asked her if Morgan was ever on antidepressants and Toni denied it immediately and then went into how Morgan took amitryptelene (sp?) for headaches but hadn't take it for 2 years...except that is what she had in her system when she died...but since the liquid form is given to horses and Brooke had access to horses Brooke HAD TO HAVE killed Morgan with it. Every time he tried to bring something up she had an answer for it. He had to be careful of how he handled her. Couldn't be to aggressive because she was convinced her daughter was murdered. Tried to be thorough in challenging her "facts" but couldn't get her to accept ANYTHING as her possibly being wrong. She even kept saying "I haven't accused them of murder on my blog YET" even as he said "you have HERE". I'm willing to bet more people watch Dr. Phil than read her delusional blog. She's nuts and I don't think she will ever give this up. It will kill her if she does because her life is based on this. She has nothing else, or so it seems.

designing1

designing1

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 10:03 AM

scruffy73, you left out how Morgan couldn't possibly have committed suicide because they didn't have that particular drug in the house. Never mind that the daughter had just come home after being incommunicado for several hours (during which she could have been anywhere, doing anything) and immediately got into a non-fight with her mother.

I have no children, but my heart goes out to any parent who loses a child for any reason. We had a suicide in my family this year, and even though he left a note, his parents struggle to get through each day. The kids aren't supposed to go first. That said, even if confronted with 100% conclusive evidence that her daughter's death was not a murder (and it may not have been an actual suicide, but an accidental overdose), I don't think Toni would ever accept it.

Constant

Constant

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 3:04 PM

That mother came off so creepy and insincere that I really think it was more about a vendetta against Brooke and her ex and father and being right than her daughter, especially at the end when Dr. Phil told them to take to blog down and they said they said they didn't accuse Brooke on the blog yet but "we have here *smirk*." That part just twisted my stomach.

Hag23

Hag23

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

Today we had a 60 minute advertisement for Phil's book and his kid's publishing company. When he said "Everybody say 'Thank you Jay.' " I wanted to throw something at the TV.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:31 PM

Today we had a 60 minute advertisement for Phil's book

I hear what you’re saying. However, I think the things he talked about and are (apparently) in the book are things a LOT of people need to hear and be reminded of.

But, on the flip side, desperate, gullible, insecure people usually don’t want to face the ugly truth. They’re content to be victims over and over again . . .hoping the toxic people in their live will magically change and be “nice” to them.

The evil twin was clearly a lying, devious, sociopathic bitch. I don't think any kind of therapy will accomplish anything. Felt bad for her daughter.

Edited by azure4, Nov 13, 2012 @ 4:31 PM.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 7:17 PM

I didn't even get what was so special about his book. The stuff he was talking about isn't new at all. He was talking about con artists.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

Actually he was talking about toxic people in general (not just con artists).

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 8:40 PM

Who could take one look at that stumpy orange douche bag and not laugh in his face? He looked so greasy and smelly. I can't believe women are actually having sex with that thing.

What I didn't like about today's show was Dr. Phil using all the charts, etc. Too much like being in a class, but maybe that was his intention.

I forgot about his new touch screen tablet. He used it in that episode with the family house fire too. He gets so out of breath doing all that circling and arrow drawing.

Phil is making the rounds promoting this book. I heard him on the Steve Harvey morning show today. He sounded bored.

Edited by charmed1, Nov 13, 2012 @ 8:54 PM.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

Yeah, the guy was definitely smarmy. He thought he was "all that" and lots of silly women apparently did, too.

What I didn't like about today's show was Dr. Phil using all the charts, etc. Too much like being in a class, but maybe that was his intention.

scruffy73

scruffy73

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

Kat (twin): "I don't know why anyone would say I'm not great. I haven't done anything wrong...except try to run my daughter off the road...but I was hurt so...." Really? And she wondered why her other sisters sided with Kelly? Maybe they see the crazy that would allow a mother to run her own child off the road and believe that Kat would, in fact, try to make Kelly fail a drug test. Also, if 2 sisters AND a daughter say that Kat said/hinted toward putting drugs in Kelly's tea, I'm willing to bet she did it.

And the "womanizer"...yuck! He put too much hair product in and he was kind of greasy/slimy looking. How did he attract women with self esteem?

seesaw123

seesaw123

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

Who could take one look at that stumpy orange douche bag and not laugh in his face? He looked so greasy and smelly. I can't believe women are actually having sex with that thing.

He had confidence and women like that in a man. He wasn't ugly. He did have a rough looking George Clooney look to him. I so wanted to reach through the screen and pull that lock of hair he had dangling from his forehead off his head. It would be like cutting Alfalfa's cow lick. He was a man whore, that's all he was.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

The womanizer (Peter?) . . .his lines were so corny.

I think Dr. Phil made some good points. The old rules no longer apply. We were taught that giving people we don’t even know the benefit of the doubt is the right thing, the good thing, the nice thing, the Christian thing to do. Be a good person, trust your fellow human beings, etc. But doing so all the time is a good way to get conned.

Listen to yourself – we’ve heard that before. Trust your gut. If you feel something is wrong, it probably is. The woman sitting there beside Peter didn’t listen to herself. Like lots of people, she knew something was wrong but hoped it would get better.

Edited by azure4, Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:49 PM.

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

He did have a rough looking George Clooney look to him.

Ha! Not even if Clooney were to become horribly disfigured in a nuclear disaster. I can see maybe a down on his luck Erik Estrada impersonator. And not even the hot 70's Estrada. I'm talking Surreal Life. That guy is the classic loser old man in the club who hits on every woman with a pulse, using those 1970 pick up lines. Most women can smell him a mile away, literally. I can't see him attracting anyone but someone with really low standards like that pathetic woman sitting next to him. His big old harem is probably filled with cat ladies and alcoholics.

The red haired twin was psycho! I thought for sure that the black haired twin was lying and that Phil was going to expose her for all her crazy lies. That was until the two other sisters and the daughters confirmed everything she said. WTH! Who poisons their twin, steal their twin's boyfriend and runs their own kid of the road? You can't make that shit up. That sounds like something that should be starring Meredith Baxter Birney.

Edited by charmed1, Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:37 PM.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:54 PM

I can see maybe a down on his luck Erik Estrada impersonator.

LOL! Good one. I was thinking casting call reject from "Goodfellas". (Wish Joe Pesci had popped in and given him a good stomping/ass whipping.) Peter wasn't really old, but his schtick was definitely 1970s.

Edited by azure4, Nov 13, 2012 @ 11:56 PM.

BengalKitty

BengalKitty

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:32 PM

I have to comment on the mom with the blog accusing the neighbor girl, Brooke, of sneaking in her home and killing her daughter, Morgan. But the police ruled it suicide/accidental overdose.

There were so many questions I wanted to ask.

Your daughter is being stalked so you put up multiple cameras outside. Great. How about adding some motion sensor lights, too, to light up the area and the driveway when anyone walks by? Aim a camera at the front door and windows if you think someone is testing the alarm or peeking in.

Why did't they add a deadbolt to the door if they thought someone was testing the code numbers?

Was the stalking limited to sneaking around the house? Was there e-mail, facebook, texts, etc. to backup the claims of harrassment? Did anyone in school know about this?

Mom claims that Brooke's dad had keys to all the houses since he was the HOA president at one time. Is that how a HOA works? You have to give keys to your home to someone else? Wouldn't she know if she or her husband gave him a key? How did he get the mysterious key?

And the thought that someone got past the key pad locked front door, passed the dog, into Morgan's room and forced her to drink a concoction of drugs without one scream or thump or banging noise? And then said stranger went back out the front door? Just doesn't add up to me.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

I kept asking why they didn't hire a security guard, put on a top of the line security system, change all the locks, and possibly move the daughter to another room or take her and go to a hotel. If I had video of someone sneaking around my house, I'd be calling a security company the next morning as soon as they opened. Oh, that's right, I did when I only saw someone in my yard when looking out the window. Yes, the motion sensor lights are an excellent idea also.

The biggest red flag to me was the daughter being gone for hours. It had a tinge of sounding like she was making her preparations.

Hag23

Hag23

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

I wish we had heard more of Tim's backstory, because there's always something behind the kind of abuse he's doing. Meanwhile, Brittany and her child need to get away from him.

seesaw123

seesaw123

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

Tim was a real freak. He beats her then gets mad at her for bleeding on the carpet. Who does that? There is definitely a screw loose with him if he has to hump something several times a day. But the woman has also got serious problems. He cheats on her with other women and MEN and she keeps taking it. WTF!!!

designing1

designing1

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

Did Phil offer the wife any kind of therapy? Because really, someone who not only stands for that but considers marrying the guy needs some serious help herself. Not as much as the psychopath she conceived a child with, but still, she needs to work on whatever is making her think this is all she's worth.

BlueSkies

BlueSkies

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

Your daughter is being stalked so you put up multiple cameras outside. Great. How about adding some motion sensor lights, too, to light up the area and the driveway when anyone walks by? Aim a camera at the front door and windows if you think someone is testing the alarm or peeking in.

I read some other forums that had been discussing the blog for months, and apparently they did have motion sensor lights. If you want to read more, just google Morgan Ingram.

scruffy73

scruffy73

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

I kept asking why they didn't hire a security guard, put on a top of the line security system, change all the locks, and possibly move the daughter to another room or take her and go to a hotel. If I had video of someone sneaking around my house, I'd be calling a security company the next morning as soon as they opened. Oh, that's right, I did when I only saw someone in my yard when looking out the window. Yes, the motion sensor lights are an excellent idea also.

The biggest red flag to me was the daughter being gone for hours. It had a tinge of sounding like she was making her preparations.

emphasis mine...

I didn't think about her making preparations, although that may have been the case. I was thinking that she just wanted some time away from her crazy ass mama. I mean, Toni said she meets her at the driveway with pepper spray! Seriously? She's nuts. Why didn't Morgan have pepper spray or other protection in her hand at all times if she was in fear? I wondered, too, if MORGAN was actually in fear or if MORGAN actually said Brooke and her exboyfriend were stalking her or if this was all in Toni's mind. I honestly cannot remember what was said by whom and also honestly, after a certain point everything that Toni said went thru my ears. I couldn't take anything else she said seriously. I just found her to be exhausting after a few minutes so I cannot imagine how she was to live with.

seesaw123

seesaw123

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

I was surprized that Phil spent all hour with this girl today. Normally he busts it up into two sections. He did conveniently plug his book and his sons publishing company.

missy jo

missy jo

Fanatic

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

Yes, did you hear Dr. Phil has a new book? And it's published by his son Jay's company? And you can only get it on Jay's website?

I wish Dr. Phil had gone into detail on that instead of just glossing over it. /sarcasm/

phluxe

phluxe

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

Tim should be in jail! They should've flown him there only to lock him up. He doesn't seem remorseful and almost sounds like a psychopath. If Britney is too dumb or her self esteem is too low to keep away from him, someone should take the baby. Why am I watching this?!

Oh and I'm so glad to hear there's a new book out...maybe she should use it to hit him back. I doubt he'll stop choking her long enough to look up his behavior. What happens when this girl ends up dead? Shouldn't this be reported to the police instead of running neurological tests on this man? It's clear he's not right.

Edited by phluxe, Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:26 PM.

onlyinPV

onlyinPV

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 6:39 AM

The Morgan Ingram website has a paypal link so that you can make a donation to help fund the "investigation". Suddenly the clouds part and all is clear. NOW I get why they won't let it go.

seesaw123

seesaw123

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 11:35 AM

Todays show was pretty good. Tim, the guy from America's got talent was a real piece of work. I felt really bad for his wife. She obviously loves him but is stuck with a congenital liar. I don't know whats wrong with the guy. Most guys in the military never see combat. I never saw combat and the job I had in the military could best be described as extremely boring. The closest I got to an injury is dropping a pipe wrench on my foot.
Not every person turns out to be a "hero". You're just part of a team. That guy couldn't fathom that idea. He had to fluff up his tour. But saying you got medals you didn't earn is wrong and could be criminal. It's called "Stolen Valor".
This is an act this guy has got going for him. Ride it to the end is what he is doing.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

Yes, did you hear Dr. Phil has a new book?

Yep, he has left the west coast and now is pimping it out east.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

No matter how vicious an s.o.b. ole Phil will gently intone,"I don't think you're a bad guy..." Hell a man could run a pedophile ring out of a children's hospital and Phil would want to just patch him up in rehab. "We'll see what is going on with you chemically, biologically, neurologically, psychologically, physically..."

Hey Phil? Maybe the guy is just a bastard. Breaks women's bones because he likes that crunching sound. Wants to say whatever he can to the professionals so he can get back home, pop open a Budweiser and beat on his girlfriend or wife?

Again, I think that to Phil the very nature of men is that they are inherently good and excellent but somehow take the wrong fork in the road.

Phil may think the same of a woman, provided she is under 40, underweight, and purty as a speckled pup.

Phil Donahue's message to abused women was,"Run like hell." Phil McGraw's message is,"Not so fast. The ole boy may jus' need fine tunin'"

Edited by TedHinD, Nov 15, 2012 @ 2:06 PM.

Tory

Tory

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2012 @ 4:24 PM

Todays show was pretty good. Tim, the guy from America's got talent was a real piece of work.

The whole hour I was thinking about a Friends episode when Phoebe says (as she's hitting herself in the head) "this is why you shouldn't lie!"

He's probably been a pathological liar his whole life. No one ever questioned him, or his stories were never doubted or substantiated. Then he goes on a popular television show and is a dumb dumb and doesn't realize somewhere down the line he's going to be found out. Paper trails, people who were there who can discount him, etc.

At the end he was crying because he was found out. From the get go he should have just said "yeah I made it all up." Then his nightmare would hopefully start to be over. Who the hell is going to trust him or hire him now with his track record?