Dr. Phil

• Please log in to reply

14267 replies to this topic

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2011 @ 8:18 PM

Alex looked absolutely terrible when she opened the hotel door to tell Schill's producer that she wouldn't go to Leilah's recital. Guess she just finished doing some coke or meth.

Where is Alex going to get the supposed $800 a month for rent? Couldn't she swallow her pride and look for an apartment instead?

Also agree with the poster above about Leilah saying she would rather call the baby Michael. That seemed a little too rehearsed.

Next week I'm sure we'll find out that Alex is a prostitute.

Edited by Balboa, Feb 7, 2011 @ 8:20 PM.

StLunaChick

StLunaChick

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2011 @ 8:26 PM

I noticed on his "uncensored" blog that he said he's never going to give up on Alex. Yet he had no problem kicking Katherine to the curb. Don't get me wrong; Katherine got the good end of that deal, but makes you wonder why she was so expendable.

Because Alex is prettier. And a bigger, more dramatic train wreck. Both Shill and her parents find this combination endlessly seductive.

About today's episode, I don't get why Shill is believing anything Alex says. Erin seems to think Alex is using street drugs, but Shill is insistent that it was pills -like she is one of those pill popping housewives that show up now again. That better fits in with his view of her as the future wife of a middle class professional and member of the Junior League.

This irritates me to no end--the way that both Shill and Erin retain this smug assumption that Tony and Chris are somehow beneath Alex, that she belongs with a different "class" of man. Why? She's a druggy who's waging a one-woman war on birth control and has (so far) three kids by three different men. Minus the accusations of violence (and I think it is far from clear who really hurt Leila--Tony, Alex, or both) and the fact that she isn't (yet) an ex-con, Alex seems to have pretty much found her level.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2011 @ 8:49 PM

Alex has a long ways to go to be the date a middle class professional man. Unbelievable. She is a homeless drug addict with 3 kids from 3 different fathers, won't work, go to school (we'll see) and has been in this rut for many years. Although help has been provided for 7. IMO Shill is playing the prescription drug thing for her back in order not to face she is getting her drugs other places.

I get Erin is trying to knock some sense into her playing Dr Phil but frankly I would not want to go over to Erin and Marty's and put up with that. Unfortunately, E and M should leave for a couple of hours and give Alex time with the kids - and the responsibility. Or give her $20 bucks and have her take them to the park and lunch.

I had also forgotten about Tony probably (possibly) abusing Alex's daughter. Just wow.

Wish Shill had asked her how the pain management treatment he sent her to was workin' for her. Shill definitely thinks we don't remember these things, and perhaps not - but we sure remind each other of the missing pieces of the puzzle.

Miss Write

Miss Write

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2011 @ 9:10 PM

I get Erin is trying to knock some sense into her playing Dr Phil but frankly I would not want to go over to Erin and Marty's and put up with that. Unfortunately, E and M should leave for a couple of hours and give Alex time with the kids - and the responsibility. Or give her $20 bucks and have her take them to the park and lunch.

I think Alex said she is not allowed to have unsupervised visits with her children. Erin and Marty can't leave for a few hours or let Alex take them to the park.

In the "Day in the Life of Alex" there was no mention of her working. She really sits around all day and does crossword puzzles? WTF? Why doesn't she have a job? She should have two or three jobs. She doesn't have to worry about raising her kids, so she should get off her ass and get a job.

I don't know how Shill thinks she is going to land a middle-class guy. Even without the three kids with three different losers, Alex has a horrible personality, and she isn't that attractive. Her facial expressions alone would send your average guy running.

Edited by Miss Write, Feb 7, 2011 @ 9:16 PM.

DivineMissM

DivineMissM

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 7, 2011 @ 9:10 PM

Could someone please recap today's show for me? I missed all except the last ten minutes, and like you all, I am hooked on the FUF drama. Thanks!

Crs97

Crs97

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2011 @ 9:12 PM

Unfortunately, E and M should leave for a couple of hours and give Alex time with the kids - and the responsibility. Or give her $20 bucks and have her take them to the park and lunch.

I thought her visit with Anthony Michael had to be supervised. No way I would trust Alex alone in the house, much less alone with those children. God only knows what would happen if she decided they could help her get cash.

MaryTV

MaryTV

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2011 @ 9:21 PM

Alex is right where she deserves to be.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2011 @ 9:42 PM

Well, SUPERVISED visitation says it all. There is a reason there. And where there is smoke there is usually fire. That is what Shill should be explaining and working on. Not giving Alex pipedreams. I take exception to the professional part of middle class professional man also. Plus, raising her self esteem does not need to include a man or husband at this stage in Alex's life. Man. JMO

Auntie Anxiety

Auntie Anxiety

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2011 @ 11:20 PM

So let me get this straight: It's taken seven years, three babies with three different baby daddies and now the good old boy, Dr. Shill, thinks that Alex has problems with her self-worth? And that's what she needs to work on? WTF? That girl should have been in rehab six years ago. You cannot talk sense to someone who loves her drugs more than anything else, including her kids. If she ever got clean and sober, perhaps she'd possibly start to realize the mess she'd made of her life. But until then? A waste of time.

Love when she turns on the waterworks because she is such a fucking phony. In some ways I can understand why Shill was coming on so low-key (aside from the fact that I think he has sexual fantasies about Alex); if he confronts her too strongly and directly, she'll shut down and there goes the show. So they are both playing their own little games.

I watched the show (I dvr'd it because, unlike Alex, I actually work during the day) and I watched it right after I watched an episode of Intervention. What a stark difference between how each show handled the addict.

If I were Erin, I would go in another room and let Alex take care of all three children on her own. If that doesn't count as a supervised visit, I would glue my ass to the couch and let Alex do everything while I read a book. So sick and tired of her claims of victimhood. Nothing is ever her fault. She said it's better for the kids to not see her? Yes, folks, projection and rationalization at its best. Those three children are doomed to repeat all of Alex's mistakes. She is reprehensible and a heinous excuse for a human being. Those poor kids.

valdawn

valdawn

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 12:09 AM

Love when she turns on the waterworks because she is such a fucking phony

Yeah, that real impressive thing she did when she sucked in like she was crying so much she couldn't talk, when she really wasn't even crying and I didn't see any tears.
Also, I have never met anyone so young that has more medical problems than her. Her back, kidney stones and I think there was a couple of medical conditions (beside pregnancy bed rest) that prevented her from coming to the show (or actually doing something like getting off her ass and getting a job) before.
Why the hell does the subject of her getting some kind of job ever come up? She is not taking care of her kids, hasn't someone thought to suggest she needs to get off her ass and at least try to find a job? Or does she get disability because of her "back injury"? I am so damn sick of working my ass off to pay for people like her to sit on their ass all day and work on crossword puzzles, and act like they are so fucking entitled and everyone owes them something. Yeah Congratulations for being a nasty loser hoe who has 3 kids by 3 dads who she doesn't give a shot about.
Sorry for the rant, I guess this shit is getting to me.

oklirp

oklirp

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 12:15 AM

Alex has a long ways to go to be the date a middle class professional man.

Now THAT was the one part of the show that was completely hilarious. As if upstanding, financially secure "professional" men are lining up to date a homeless drug addict with three kids by three different baby daddies.

Alex looked absolutely terrible when she opened the hotel door to tell Schill's producer that she wouldn't go to Leilah's recital. Guess she just finished doing some coke or meth.

I look pretty bad when I get up in the morning, but not that bad. She definitely looked like she'd just been on some sort of drug binge.

MaryTV

MaryTV

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 9:15 AM

I think the FUF will continue to the next generation. Nathan and Layla are going to resent meth baby getting all of Erin's attention.

P.S. If anyone knows what "smoking a boat" refers to, please post. I googled it but only got an obscure reference to PCP. That must have been why Erin mentioned PCP.

Artsee

Artsee

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 11:03 AM

After 7 years Phil just now decides that Alex has self-worth problems? Shouldn't that have been evident back when she was 15 and sleeping around because Daddy Marty was having affairs? And he called her a slut?

Auntie Anxiety

Auntie Anxiety

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 11:49 AM

I think the FUF will continue to the next generation. Nathan and Layla are going to resent meth baby getting all of Erin's attention.

And they'll also be wondering why their mother couldn't give a shit about them and why she thought they were so unlovable.

lindsayk

lindsayk

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 12:30 PM

I am trying not to let my anger show. I watched this after coming back from my Surgeons office, I had pretty major surgery a few weeks ago, and am still stuffering pain. He won't give me any sort of pain meds because "addiction is a big problem with [my] age group and its been a few weeks. [I've] been on them long enough.' Alex and I are the exact same age. I left almost in tears b/c at times I am suffering. Yet I tune into this girl actually awaiting to see what will happen next. See? That's sick, right? My mom ---a fellow Alex follower--- said I should go on the message board and ask Alex for her "doctor" (just trying to make me laugh, of course.) I said if she had a job I'd sue her for being a rep. that's giving my age group a bad rap. Though she'd just love that press, wouldn't she?

Yep. I don't even know where to start on this topic. I'm young (22) and have a chronic condition. It's well-documented, not just random pain, but it's still tough sometimes to get help when I need something stronger than what I am currently on (daily tramadol). Even the tramadol causes issues sometimes with pharmacies, insurance, doctors, etc. All those people are just doing their job, though, I understand that. But they have to be so tough and annoying and restrictive and red-tape about these things largely because of people like ALEX!!!! Pill-poppers piss me off to no end because it hits me so personally. They're not just screwing up their life or the lives of those around them, they're also making life a lot more difficult for people who GENUINELY need the drugs that they so flippantly abuse. Ugh. Send this chick to rehab and get her off the tv screen.

/soapbox

Haley17

Haley17

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 12:46 PM

I have heard the term "smoking a boat" used in reference to smoking meth or PCP. Of course, this little lamb has probably never heard such talk. [snerk]

Edited by Haley17, Feb 8, 2011 @ 12:47 PM.

SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 4:25 PM

I think it's extremely interesting that when Alex had her kidney stones and needed someone to drive her home and care for her that she called Chris. Isn't he an abusive asshole? Doesn't she admit that he has feelings for her and she wants to be rid of him? Her using him like that shows her true deplorable character. And not even bothering to go to Leila's (or however it's spelled) first recital - there are no words! Seems like Chris, despite all his faults, is a better parent and a better person than Alex, which I guess isn't saying a lot, but still...

About the baby's name, IMHO, if Marty and Erin have been taking care of him since birth and neither of his parents seem to want to be bothered with him, they should be able to call him whatever the hell they want and Tony and Alex can piss off. YMMV.

And I guess I've been doing things backwards all these years getting a job FIRST and then looking for a house or apartment that I could afford to rent. Where did the $800 figure for rent come from? And, really, even in a semi-decent neighborhood, do the neighbors want someone like Alex or Alex and Tony as their neighbors. Alex is delusional to think she's going to get the baby back anytime in the future. especially if Tony has seen the baby only a couple times in his first 6 months of life and both of them routinely miss their scheduled visitation, especially given Leilah's abuse, and the fact that Erin and Marty are raising all 3 kids and have pretty much since birth. Also loved Alex's blaming Erin for keeping her from starting school next Monday. Yeah, right.

wjcwm

wjcwm

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 5:03 PM

Alex will probably never want any of her kids back, but she certainly isn't getting the baby back, unless she makes a huge turn-around, has a job, a stable place to live, goes to regular drug abuse groups, has regular drug tests,parenting classes, etc. Can't really see that happening.

I thought maybe Erin got it wrong and it was smoking a "bowl" not a boat.

Auntie Anxiety

Auntie Anxiety

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 6:20 PM

Like most addicts, Alex is quite adept at manipulating people to get what she wants. Of course she tells the good doctor that she has dreams of becoming a nurse because that is something he would really want to support (especially financially). If she told him she dreams of becoming a carny, well, he'd drop her like a hot potato.

I think everyone (except for Dr. Head-Up-His-Ass) knows that there is no way in hell that Alex really wants to be a nurse, unless she can call Erin to come in and do the actual work while she (Alex) sits on her ass and does crossword puzzles. A nurse has to help lift and turn patients; Alex would need to keep her pain-killer prescription dialed up to 20/day because of her horrible *cough-faux-cough* backaches. And an employed nurse has to get up in the morning and get to the workplace. I don't believe that that is in Alex's repertoire. Yet Dr. Shill continues to let her make a fool out of him. What a schmuck.

Hag23

Hag23

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2011 @ 11:16 PM

I think the ex wife in today's show was lying about at least some things. She looked like a nasty person to begin with, looking for revenge. There was no way an 11-year old came up with the phrases in that typewritten letter. Not that the ex husband didn't have a part in things, but he seemed to be a lot more believeable.

I didn't know WTH was up with that lady in the audience who seemed to come out of nowhere in the end.

theovincent

theovincent

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 9, 2011 @ 12:51 AM

About the baby's name, IMHO, if Marty and Erin have been taking care of him since birth and neither of his parents seem to want to be bothered with him, they should be able to call him whatever the hell they want and Tony and Alex can piss off.

I thought the exact same thing! They have been the parents since the baby was born, they can call him Jasper P. Jones as far as I am concerned...wish I could stop watching this family...it is like smoking a boat! I'm addicted!

lindsayk

lindsayk

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 9, 2011 @ 1:21 AM

I think the ex wife in today's show was lying about at least some things. She looked like a nasty person to begin with, looking for revenge. There was no way an 11-year old came up with the phrases in that typewritten letter. Not that the ex husband didn't have a part in things, but he seemed to be a lot more believeable.

Oh, completely. She seemed so bitchy and vindicative in her body language and most of her dialogue. I didn't believe a WORD coming out of her mouth. I don't believe he's been a total angel either, and in the end I really don't know what should be done about the kids (I'm certainly not qualified to make those decisions, plus I don't know all of the story)... but something is really wrong with her. Like..mental disorder or drug problem wrong. That's how bad she seemed. I went from feeling pissed off and annoyed at her to seriously wondering if she just needed some help mentally.

I didn't know WTH was up with that lady in the audience who seemed to come out of nowhere in the end.

Yeah, something about her was a bit surprising, but at the same time.. there were so many times when the mother just did not seem to process that what she was doing was wrong or when she was splitting hairs ("Did you say your daughter was taken?" "Yes....I guess if you want to call that kidnapping, then sure, whatever, I said she was kidnapped. *Eye roll*") that I was really hoping someone in the audience would not just laugh or applaud at Dr. Phil but literally stand up and yell "bullshit! you are an idiot!!!!"

Edited by lindsayk, Feb 9, 2011 @ 1:26 AM.

robxr4ti

robxr4ti

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 9, 2011 @ 6:45 AM

About the baby's name, IMHO, if Marty and Erin have been taking care of him since birth and neither of his parents seem to want to be bothered with him, they should be able to call him whatever the hell they want and Tony and Alex can piss off. YMMV.

Bingo!

rosepetal1065

rosepetal1065

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2011 @ 10:34 AM

So let me get this straight: It's taken seven years, three babies with three different baby daddies and now the good old boy, Dr. Shill, thinks that Alex has problems with her self-worth? And that's what she needs to work on? WTF? That girl should have been in rehab six years ago. You cannot talk sense to someone who loves her drugs more than anything else, including her kids. If she ever got clean and sober, perhaps she'd possibly start to realize the mess she'd made of her life. But until then? A waste of time

Exactly, yet he has these "come to Jesus meetings with her". I have to bet that this new round with the FUF, will end with her going to rehab..right from the show, of course.

Alex will probably never want any of her kids back, but she certainly isn't getting the baby back, unless she makes a huge turn-around, has a job, a stable place to live, goes to regular drug abuse groups, has regular drug tests,parenting classes, etc. Can't really see that

Me either, plus I really believe she's missing that maternal drive needed, to piece all of the above together after the fact. Yes, she gave birth to the children, but that's not enough. For years she's done nothing, but get up (when she felt like it) and take care of herself. Nothing about the bitch says she could pull it off.

I think it's extremely interesting that when Alex had her kidney stones and needed someone to drive her home and care for her that she called Chris. Isn't he an abusive asshole? Doesn't she admit that he has feelings for her and she wants to be rid of him?

Remember when Chris threw is wedding ring away, after he claimed Alex was with him in the hotel the night before the show? I totally believe him. I think she spends alot of time with that dude.

Edited by rosepetal1065, Feb 9, 2011 @ 10:29 AM.

HappyBoy1981

HappyBoy1981

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2011 @ 11:06 AM

Dr. Phil found himself a real fruitcake with todays guest. I actually felt sorry for the other couple as this guy dominated the entire show. He was definately a conspiracy nut who have a plethora of issues, one of which had him controlling his wife. He sounded like the Unabombers brother.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2011 @ 11:16 AM

John is bizarre, paranoid and believes his family needs to be super diligent because of the drop-out, unemployed, "rabble" encroaching. Seems like the kind of guy who would threaten a teen with a loaded shotgun for ringing his doorbell. Scary, scary man.

Edited by TedHinD, Feb 9, 2011 @ 11:16 AM.

oklirp

oklirp

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2011 @ 11:33 AM

I thought the exact same thing! They have been the parents since the baby was born, they can call him Jasper P. Jones as far as I am concerned

I agree. Normally I would say to respect the mother's chosen appellation, but if I'm raising a kid while the bio mother is laying around doing crosswords all day, I'll call the kid whatever I damn want.

I would also agree that it's interesting that Chris is supposedly an abusive asshole (which he may be), yet he's the one she calls when she's in trouble. And meanwhile, she seems to be more concerned about potential abuse to herself from Chris than about allegations of abuse towards her daughter by Tony. It really bothers me that Shill accused Tony of child abuse, then never resolved the issue one way or another. If he is guilty, then his butt needs to be back in prison. Yet we'll probably hear nothing more about it until May sweeps, when Shill will briefly bring it up, maybe bring in ole Jack to do another polygraph, then sweep it back under the rug until the next time he needs to amp up the drama another notch. It's getting to the point where I feel like I need to take a shower after watching this train wreck.

And I think the shots of Leilah wanting to call the baby Michael were definitely staged.

Renee in CA

Renee in CA

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2011 @ 12:03 PM

FUF family is like crack for me.

Erin: If you want your child to participate in child-rearing, not using the name the mother has chosen for the child is not likely to encourage this. Also, acting all angry and the like toward said child, and bearing a cold manner isn't likely to reach her either. Also, wondering in front of your child if she is a prostitute is also a prescription to drive her away.

Alex: Your mother is raising your children, so she probably doesn't have to stop on a dime to get you one piece of paperwork at your last-minute request. I laughed at your turn-down of homes -- your professional-sense-of-entitlement isn't gonna get you far when you don't have an education or job, and you're hooked on something and have lost your children.

I know exactly how Dr Phil feels. I just can't quite quit this family.

Haley17

Haley17

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2011 @ 12:54 PM

Wow. On the divorce show I don't know which I disliked more, Ms. Histrionic or Mr. Smug. I cannot believe that their attorneys gave them the green light to go on this ridiculous show.

Auntie Anxiety

Auntie Anxiety

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2011 @ 1:32 PM

I'm guessing that Alex plans to pay the $800/mo. rent on whatever house is good enough for her with our tax dollars and any child support she might be getting from the baby daddies. But she'll need to get her shit together if she plans to use her kids as the bait to score all the goodies from the government, because she can't get any (except from Uncle Shill, of course) unless she gets custody of the kids first. So dream on, honey.

Don't want to miss my next fix. Is the FUF on again next Monday? Just in time for V-Day? How sweet!

Edited by Auntie Anxiety, Feb 9, 2011 @ 1:33 PM.