Cast In Other Roles: Who Else Are They Working For?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1480 replies to this topic

alamogal

alamogal

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:37 PM

According to the local newspaper, Jesse "Gael" Borrego will appear at the Jump-Start Theater tomorrow night right here in San Antonio, Texas. The show is called "Cirque du Jump" and is a bunch of short pieces by (mostly local) dancers, actors, musicians, performance artists, etc. The whole thing is a little surreal, and if there hadn't been an accompanying photo of Borrego I'd have missed the story entirely.

ETA the only info on Jesse's role in this gig is that he will do "something circusy."

Edited by alamogal, Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:37 PM.

dzhim

dzhim

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:35 PM

alamogal, any idea if that's a traveling show? Because if it is, that might suggest that his character on 24 won't be around in a few hours. Of course, he could just be working for the few weeks here and there while they film stuff that happens outside of CTU.

alamogal

alamogal

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:46 PM

I'm pretty sure it's the latter, dzhim. This is an annual party/show by and for a local theater. I'm really curious what Borrego's connection to Jump Start is, and kinda ticked that the local media isn't on top of things (I may be the only one in town making the 24 connection).

Bruin4Ever

Bruin4Ever

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 11:52 PM

According to this article, Jesse Borrego has appeared as a guest star with the Jump-Start program since their inception in 1985. As a native of San Antonio who still calls it his home, it's no surprise that he supports a dance/theatre troupe in the area. It is, after all, where he got his start.

I just saw the end of a really crappy movie titled Not Another Teen Movie (shut up!) and had my 24 world fall in on itself when I saw Naked Mandy (aka Mia Kirschner) and Kontagious Kyle (aka Riley Smith). The highlight of the movie was actually Molly Ringwald playing a Flight Attendant who's bagging on the teens in the movie.

Edited by Bruin4Ever, Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:52 AM.

trippyhop

trippyhop

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 3:48 PM

I sat down to watch Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me last night on DVD that I haven't really seen all the way through (I'm a bad Peak-head over here), and I was thoroughly delighted to see Kiefer star as a junior sleuth like character, partnered with Chris Isaak. Chris Isaak did most of the ass-kicking, but it was cool to see both my favorite shows converge in one space, you know?

Slashgirl

Slashgirl

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 10:59 AM

Daniel Dae Kim, aka Agent Baker from S2, was in this week's ep of Without a Trace as a friend of the Victim of the Week.

alamogal

alamogal

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:06 AM

... as was the actor who played Teddy in S1. And he still does that weird thing when he talks, like he's trying to make his ears pop.

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:55 AM

I saw S2 Kingsley last night in some movie with Clint Eastwood (didn't watch long enough to figure out what it was). He had much more hair then!

Bruin4Ever

Bruin4Ever

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 1:23 PM

That would be In the Line of Fire, which starred Clint Eastwood as a Secret Service Agent. Tobin Bell played Mendoza, one of the big baddies (surprise! surprise!).

Captain Pike

Captain Pike

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 4:13 PM

Last night on Cartoon Network, they reran the "Hearts and Minds" episode of "Justice League" which featured several members of the Green Lantern Corps, including Killowog, who was voiced by 24's own President Cerrano Dennis Haysbert. Killowog was the one who barely made it back to Earth to warn Earth's GL that trouble was coming. Killowog's a little slow on the uptake... kind of like this year's President Palmer.

Sebastian90012

Sebastian90012

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 4:08 AM

Bruin, Daniel Bess (aka Rick) also has a one-line part, I'm told. In a stadium or something, where he shouts "[Someone]'s got a gun!!"

Meanwhile, someone who can act: Michelle Forbes aka Rolaide, has a new film coming out at Sundance this week called "Dandelion".

Edited by Sebastian90012, Jan 12, 2004 @ 9:57 AM.

raramama

raramama

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 11:19 AM

I caught SimplyRed cop from season one on 10-8 last night playing a drugged out hippy husband.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 4:02 PM

Killowog's a little slow on the uptake... kind of like this year's President Palmer.

True, but at least Palmer hasn't eaten a videotape cassette.....yet.

Timothy Carhart (Col. Rayburn, Season 2) will be appearing on tonight's episode of Judging Amy at 10/9 PM on CBS.

dzhim

dzhim

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 5:02 PM

at least Palmer hasn't eaten a videotape cassette

This is 24. Characters don't eat anything. Ever.

Brandon

Brandon

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 10:26 PM

Right now the guy who played the dearly departed Yusuf is on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

Ericha2

Ericha2

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 6:38 PM

Jimmi Simpson who played "Chris" aka "Cowboy" in S2 eps 9am - 12pm was also in the movie "Loser" with Jason Biggs and the TV Mini-series "Rose Madder" based on the book by Stephen King. Also, I went to college with him and we did 15-20 productions together. Cool guy.

Here's a pic: Jack and Chris

Chris (Jimmi) is the guy in the background. Kinda fuzzy, but it's him.

Brandon

Brandon

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 8:09 PM

I know who you're talking about Ericha I saw him on Cold Case last night, took a few minutes to recognize him.

Brandon

Brandon

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 12:55 AM

.. as was the actor who played Teddy in S1. And he still does that weird thing when he talks, like he's trying to make his ears pop.

Speaking of Teddy and his ears I was watching Reservoir Dogs on DVD today, and there Teddy as the cop who was tortured and had an ear cut off by Michael Madsen to the tune of "Stuck in the Middle of You."

Slashgirl

Slashgirl

Posted Jan 18, 2004 @ 1:53 PM

Mia Kirshner, aka Mandy, is a regular on The L Word, the new Showtime series about a group of female friends in L.A., who happen to be either bisexual or lesbian.

Benji

Benji

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 12:20 PM

USA is, for reasons that escape me, airing a miniseries based on the film Traffic that will air starting January 26th. I was unimpressed with the print ad and the actors featured and was planning on skipping what looked to be a rather low budget and unnecessary affair until I read that Stephen Hopkins, director of many stellar season 1 episodes, directed it. I think I'll tune in and see if it really was his directing that made early 24 stand out.

In other news, Billy Burke is apparently dating Neve Campbell according to an article posted in the media thread. I find this thoroughly skeevy. He'll also be a cast member on a new show called the Jury, with producer Tom Fontana, which I believe will hit FOX this fall.

NeenerNeener

NeenerNeener

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 5:21 PM

Saw Vanessa Ferlito, aka Cloudy-with-a-chance-of-meatballs, in a Spike Lee movie called 25th Hour on Saturday night. She's got a don't-blink-your-eyes-or-you'll-miss-it part, hanging out on a swing set smoking cigarettes with Rosario Dawson. I almost didn't recognize her because her hair was so flat and straight.

JalapeñoSpiceBoy

JalapeñoSpiceBoy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 1:57 AM

The Girl Next Door opens March 12
Taking Lives opens March 19
Spider-Man 2 (featuring Vanessa Ferlito) opens July 2

Riley Smith also had a one-line part in 2000's Bring It On; Vincent Laresca (who turns 30 today) was also in Flawless, Before Night Falls and Hollywood Homicide; DB Woodside appears in Something More alongside Billy Burke (Gary Matheson from Season 2), a short musical that Burke is writing and producing. Skye McCole Bartusiak (Megan Matheson) was in Riding in Cars with Boys, which also costarred Sara Gilbert (Paula Schaeffer); Reiko Aylesworth was in Random Hearts with Dennis Haysbert and Christina Chang (Dr. Sunny Macer) and Haysbert was in Heat with Xander Berkeley.

And, still waiting to see Carlos Bernard on the big screen. I wanna know if his smoldering hotness translates as well to film as it does to television...

areacode212

areacode212

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 11:54 AM

Another 24/Whedonverse crossover actor is appearing next week on Angel.

Remember SkankOfRick, played by Navi Rawat, the bitchy girl who brought lots & lots of HoYay (in my mind) to Spawn's little storyline way back in the first season? According to TV Guide, she'll be on next week's episode playing Dana.

Edited by areacode212, Jan 21, 2004 @ 11:56 AM.

Brandon

Brandon

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2004 @ 9:22 PM

Mary Lynn Rajskub (aka Potato Face) is appearing on get this Dude, Where's My Car?

39mickemuskrat

39mickemuskrat

Posted Jan 23, 2004 @ 2:39 AM

Trailer for Girl next door starring Elisha

brendanl79

brendanl79

Posted Jan 23, 2004 @ 11:10 PM

Does anyone remember seeing Laura Harris (Marie Warner) in "Fifteen"?

Benji

Benji

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2004 @ 11:13 AM

Does anyone remember seeing Laura Harris (Marie Warner) in "Fifteen"?

These people sure do.

Edited by Benji, Jan 24, 2004 @ 11:13 AM.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Jan 24, 2004 @ 7:45 PM

I was watching The 6th Day last night and I saw a woman who looked a lot like Sarah Wynter (Kate from S2). It wasn't until I saw her with blond hair that I knew it was her. With her different hairstyles and colors it was hard at first to recognize her.

AlmondEyes

AlmondEyes

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 9:52 PM

She's got a don't-blink-your-eyes-or-you'll-miss-it part, hanging out on a swing set smoking cigarettes with Rosario Dawson.

Oh my God, that was Cloudy-ah????? I just saw 25th Hour this weekend, and I remember that part - she was the friend who walked away when Edward Norton approached Rosario Dawson, right? Wow, I didn't recognize her with the straight hair, either.

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Feb 3, 2004 @ 10:22 PM

Lauren, the kidnapped waitress from S1 was played Luke's sister Liz on The Gilmore Girls tonight. I love just love her!