Paris

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

198 replies to this topic

Keira23

Keira23

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 18, 2007 @ 6:32 AM

I personally think Logan and Paris would have made a great couple instead of Rory.

pjamma

pjamma

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2007 @ 8:05 PM

Any episode she appears in is a good episode, 2 minutes of her makes up for 58 minutes of Luke. I can only hope that the network executives recognize what an incredible character they have here and do a spinoff of some type.

Maybe it's just me but the merger of two networks, UPN and WB, into the CW has not created 7 nights with two hours of quality prime time. Every time I tune in, besides for the Gilmore Girls it seems like America's Top Model, I wanna be a Pussycat Doll or Beauty and the Geek is on, or a repeat of a sitcom. I think the network executives would be FOOLS if they passed up the oppurtunity to do a Paris spin off. Or a Paris Rory spin of in New York. She could work for some investment bank (her interview board had MSDW and Citicorp on it) and Rory can work for the New York Times. The last thing this network needs is another reality show.

I love Paris.

csichick

csichick

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2007 @ 1:32 PM

Anyone else think it looks like Liza Weil has dropped 10-20 pounds from Season 5 to Season 7?

Filo

Filo

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2007 @ 9:17 PM

I am not sure if somone has posted this here yet, but their is an interview on a CW affliliate site with Lisa Weil:

Liza Weil interview

Feel free to add this to any other thread since I only saw this on to add it to.

mrschimpf

mrschimpf

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2007 @ 7:34 PM

Good job new writers (or actually, tonight's writer, who has been with the show since '03). You killed one of Paris' quirks by saying that she can chug down milk like any normal person, when it's been known since the first season she's lactose intolerant, can't have cheese with her pizza, and has problems with ice cream (There's the Rub). I know the CW is cutting budgets, but basic character research, c'mon!

Edited by mrschimpf, Apr 17, 2007 @ 7:34 PM.

Shadygirl

Shadygirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 25, 2007 @ 6:41 PM

As I posted in the episode thread... I hate Paris. Even for a show that trots out the "quirky" characters like they're coming off an assembly line, the character of Paris is so cartoonish and over-exaggerated, she seems like she should be on a Nickelodeon sitcom or one of those Saturday morning tween sitcoms with the really big acting and the fake laugh tracks.

dustylil

dustylil

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2007 @ 7:08 PM

I've always been impressed at how well Paris manages despite her obvious emotional problems. Since high school, she has basically been without parental and family assistance. The only person taking an interest in her was her nanny who then left for pastures new. As well, she was frequently in a somewhat precarious financial state.
Yet despite having a very limited network of support since leaving Chilton, she has had had significant relationships with two men (Asher and Doyle) who clearly both respected and loved her, did extremely well academically at Yale and is in the rarefied position of choosing which elite law or medical school to attend. Go Paris!

Edited by dustylil, Apr 26, 2007 @ 7:54 PM.

Magalla

Magalla

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2007 @ 6:43 PM

Paris might have the makings of a wonderful doctor. She has all the qualities of the oncologist someone recommended when my sister in law was diagnosed with cancer. The guy warned my brother that this doctor wasn't exactly warm and fuzzy, but he also said, "But you don't need him to hold her hand, you need him to save her life. YOU can hold her hand."

SassyPaws

SassyPaws

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2007 @ 8:11 PM

Actually, I could see Paris as the female version of House.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Apr 28, 2007 @ 8:18 PM

I could see Paris as either. She has the cut-throat-ed-ness of a killer lawyer and none of the bedside manner of a good GP, so I would say she would definitely be some kind of surgeoun.

schmier guy

schmier guy

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2007 @ 9:03 AM

I haven't read through the complete episode thread yet but just had to say that LW looked terrific in the scene with the other graduates with her hair down in the sunlight.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2007 @ 11:20 AM

Classic Paris...I love that she was all concerned about the appropriate way to say "Thank you" when she got her diploma. I adore her and Doyle together...wish it could have been HER who got an engagement ring (with the understanding that it will be a LONG engagement).

I'm going to miss Paris. :-( Spinoff anyone?

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2007 @ 9:01 PM

Bye Paris! I'm glad she's got a great future ahead of her. At least we know one character is getting everything she's ever wanted, no matter what happens next week.

Taryn74

Taryn74

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2007 @ 9:21 AM

I keep forgetting to post my favorite Paris line from Unto the Breach:

Well, savor while you spackle, I will take you to small claims court if I don't get back my full deposit.

*cackle*

MisMichie

MisMichie

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2007 @ 10:35 PM

*Sobs* Goodbye my beloved GG. Or rather, See you later.

I know there was no Paris tonight, but I'm okay with that. It was fitting that her last episode would be Rory's graduation. I think she had a graceful exit.

Thanks to the Global Network (Canadian channel), I have now heard that our Liza Weil is actually married to Paul Adelstein, who plays Agent Kellerman on Prison Break. (PB Season 2 Finale Spoiler): Rather, he played Agent Kellerman. *Sobs again*

vrd

vrd

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2007 @ 5:53 PM

Paul Adelstein is awesome. He's the reason I'm planning on watching the Grey's spinoff in the fall.

twistedsoul7

twistedsoul7

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2010 @ 11:13 PM

Liza is pregnant, and apparently due next week!

In an interview with momlogic, Paul Adelstein says he plans on being a very hands-on father by taking on all parenting duties, joking, "If only I had breasts."

The actor and his wife are expecting their little one on April 20. Luckily, Paul will be done shooting "Private Practice" in two weeks, and he'll be on hiatus through July.

With the "Private Practice" set only a mile and a half from Paul's home, he anticipates that the new arrival will visit the set often, like Taye Diggs' infant son, Walker. The whole cast is very excited -- Taye being the most engaged, as they anticipate a playmate for Walker. Says Paul, "They will all be great aunts and uncles."

For more of Paul's interview check out momlogic.com.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:21 AM

Sorry posted in wrong thread.

Edited by NYC2007, May 1, 2012 @ 11:26 AM.

kellidotca

kellidotca

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 21, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Wow, i didn't know those two were married.. and considering the age of this thread, I'm way out of the loop =)