Home & Away

• Please log in to reply

3219 replies to this topic

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 4, 2012 @ 9:43 AM

Everything about Natalie screams "Brax's next love interest." I did like her telling him she is not going to take his crap treatment of her.

I didn't realize Xavier was leaving - good terms though, he can always return as a full fledged cop.

Danny as anyone's love interest - ugh, just no. I still want Keith the mystic-type for Marilyn.

Leah was really sticking her nose in Ruby's business. Making a doctor appointment for Ruby and then meaning to go along on it? Good grief.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2012 @ 11:42 PM

Ugh Natalie is so unprofessional as a counsellor, the way she keeps talking to Casey in public and hounding him and Brax. And despite saying she can't share what she and Casey talk about she still keeps letting things slip. And yes it's so obvious that it's going to be her and Brax next.

Ugh to Danny too, Marilyn better be careful.

And a third ugh to Leah. I agree, first she really stuck her nose into Brax' business, now Ruby. I used to like her, but she should worry more about her own business and stay out of everybody else's.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2012 @ 10:36 AM

Kind of a surprise Heath matched the baby - I was thinking they were going to go for Danny as the only match or drag out the deal on the match.

Dex failing by helping April does not appear to be too realistic. He is smart and how much help did she need?

I'm glad Ruby came clean, though why she did that in the first place - well they did give her some motivation over how she would not want to lose yet another person in her life.

I would think Lottie would have a big say in who she lives with at her age.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 2:05 AM

I thought that one parent had to be the same blood type as the child, so if it wasn't Bianca it had to be Heath, or am I wrong about that?

Yeah the thing with Dex was one big plot contrivance. The writers often don't seem to think about what actually makes sense with a character but just make up drama for drama's sake.

I also thought that Lottie was well old enough to make her own decision about whom she lived with, how does her mother have final say - another plot contrivance.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 9, 2012 @ 11:35 PM

I rather despise Romeo. So now he admits he used Ruby. So for that purpose, he chose a girl who just lost her father/grandfather and mother/sister (gotta love soaps). There was Logan, too. So I'm not really rooting for Indi and Romeo to find happiness at this point. Romeo needs to be alone for a long time.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2012 @ 1:21 AM

I've never liked Romeo much, I find him boring, stupid, selfish, like the way he used Ruby (although Ruby has ownership too) and the actor plays him completely one note in facial expressions imo. I think both Romeo and Indi are very immature and need to do a lot of growing up and sorting things out before pairing up again.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

Jett is now the new kid in town with a bad attitude. Sasha was and she reformed, so I guess Jett will too. But now he seems to have no gratitude at all and I'm not liking him. I don't know why Gina is so attached either - finding a father would get him off her hands.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

It's such a cliche in the soaps having a new character with a bad attitude who then reforms. Yeah Gina has really glommed onto Jett hasn't she, and even lets him abuse her, feels dysfunctional to me.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 9:24 PM

And now Jett is already improving and becoming part of the John Palmer Appreciation Society!

What do you think Nozy - are they going there with Liam and Indi? It looks like a developing triangle.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

Yeah it certainly looked to me like there was a moment between Liam and Indi. Can't these people ever take a bit of a break between relationships, lol?

doriangz

doriangz

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 4, 2012 @ 3:08 AM

I can't believe that after having her fake the pregnancy, they are making Ruby
Spoiler

And the whole business of pairing Indi and Liam so quick after spending SO MUCH TIME showing us her pining for Romeo when she could have the latter is just offensive. I know the actors playing Liam and Indi are boinking each other in real-life but no reason for, again, switching the character's thoroughline (which has been Romeo, Romeo, Romeo for years now) on a dime with no good explanation.

Edited by doriangz, Aug 4, 2012 @ 3:10 AM.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

I've never been a big fan of Ruby's but they are sure making her particularly unlikable now imo, so needy and manipulative. I know she is grieving but I just find her behaviour awful.

They are all giving me whiplash with the speed at which they fall from one relationship into another. Such good role models. I don't know why I watch this show and others like it, they frustrate me so, lol.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

They sure like to put boinking actors characters together, don't they? Wasn't that behind the Romeo and Ruby deal - I thought I read that somewhere.

The Jett story is interesting though they could have a week happy before they throw in another wrench. I'd suppose Jett's opinion would have some value in the circumstances, as to who he wanted to live with.

I agree about the trashing of Ruby - let her go off to uni as she was going to so sensibly do.

doriangz

doriangz

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 12, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

They sure like to put boinking actors characters together, don't they? Wasn't that behind the Romeo and Ruby deal - I thought I read that somewhere.

Actually, I saw an interview of the actors who play Romeo and Ruby that was filmed before they paired them up and they both emphatically said at the time they did NOT want their characters together. They felt it wasn't right for the story and they had more fun working with other people than trying to force it.
Something tells me this isn't a problem with Liam and Indi since this is the second time Axl Whitehead dates his leading lady (he was dating the actress who plays Bianca for a while).

I am fascinated that even the spoilers FOR THIS WEEK are not saying who is supposed to die in the car crash. I am starting to suspect the car crash is a red herring and that the character who dies is actually one of the people involved in the parallel Danny/Casey hostage situation. If after all this hype,
Spoiler
I am going to get annoyed. Yawn and then get annoyed.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 15, 2012 @ 12:51 AM

I would love it if Danny was the one who died. Haven't been able to stand 'H&A: Underbelly' since it started with the River Boys. I want to see the storylines of ordinary people not criminals taking over so many of the storylines. I was happy when they phased the criminal element out a bit but then they brought Danny in, yuk.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 17, 2012 @ 10:24 AM

The previews seem to indicate the
Spoiler

So Ruby's gone and even the cop Georgina let her go - all for Charlie. Well, OK. Maybe Ruby can join Martha and Hugo on the escaped criminal island.

I liked the phone call from Xavier on Gina's birthday. Her other two sons seem to have disappeared from all memory.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 18, 2012 @ 12:04 AM

Danny actually died in last night's ep. Wow, I didn't think they were actually going to go there, but am glad we are rid of him.

I thought Georgina didn't let Ruby go but drove her to a station in the city where she and Charlie weren't known to turn herself in.

Eta - I am really impressed with how Lincoln is maturing and coming into his own as an actor in the role of Casey. Imo he is portraying really well being in that stage between boyhood and manhood and the anguish he has been experiencing in regard to Danny.

Edited by nozycat, Aug 19, 2012 @ 2:28 AM.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

You are right nozycat I was not paying attention. So that's the end of Ruby for now.

I agree about Lincoln. He is easy on the eyes, too.

Stupid Heath - Danny treated him pretty crappy all along, as I remember. He's the one that started the whole thing getting Danny out of jail.

Marilyn is another one - why is she getting so involved?

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2012 @ 7:14 PM

Yes Lincoln is a very good looking young man, I agree.

I really don't get what Bianca sees in Heath, they are so different and yes he is stupid and behaves like a bratty child whereas she is a mature, intelligent young woman. I so don't like that they put them together but apparently there quite a few 'Heanca' fans out there.

Marilyn is living in a fantasy world about Danny, she just refuses to see the truth plus he didn't really let her see who he was in reality.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 27, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Poor Dex - he is so smart, too. He must be frustrated that he can't talk.

Yes, Heath and Bianca are not a likely couple. Bianca's not going to get much but trouble out of it. She is intelligent and he's just a large baby.

Romeo's always been in love with Indi - yet he slept with Ruby his first time - then got together with Ruby right away when they broke up. Boy having Romeo in love with you is a real privilege all right!

I see they've let Natalie let her hair down.

doriangz

doriangz

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2012 @ 12:36 AM

Poor Dex - he is so smart, too. He must be frustrated that he can't talk.

I found all that hyped week to be all very predictable but I gotta say that scene where he sort of jumped and "pounded" in the bed with frustration over April fussing was very gripping.

All the Braxton boys can go to hell as far as I am concerned. All good looking, none a bad actor but boy are these people unlikeable.

I have to say there is nothing that interests me on the show right now. But pig-nosed Indi did look lovely with her hair tied and those earrings. Upside!

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 1:20 AM

I think Indi always looks lovely and don't see the pig-nose. But I can't stand the way the actress hardly moves her mouth or her face when she speaks, the actress who played Charlie was similar, I wonder if they are asked to play the characters that way.

Wow, Natalie is so unprofessional, she is constantly breaching confidentiality and starting a relationship with her client's brother is also messed up, at least they are addressing that now.

Edited by nozycat, Aug 31, 2012 @ 1:23 AM.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 5, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

My issue with the Casey story is getting to be - surely he has a defense. He needs a lawyer (not Haley another unprofessional Brax bed partner) more than Natalie's "counseling." His pessimism of going to jail seems quite unwarranted. In the situation, he did the only thing he could do - if Daddy Braxton was going to kill that poor innocent guy, killing Daddy Brax was the right thing to do.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 8, 2012 @ 1:07 AM

I think Casey is traumatised by what he did and has fixated on going to jail, maybe as a way to cope. I do hope they find a way to get him off, I like the character.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 12, 2012 @ 8:06 AM

If truly worried about Casey killing himself, it might occur to Brax or even Natalie that maybe he needs a new counselor. The one he has isn't really doing much of a job. Maybe Natalie should stick to school cases!

You have a good point nozycat. Casey might feel the guilt and the idea of going to jail maybe might expiate that? On General Hospital in the US we had a girl who demanded she be arrested for being a "horrible person." She felt a certain amount of guilt over her cousin's death. Of course it was poorly written compared to H&A (if you can believe that!).

Interesting that Danny put himself in that position too. A choice between total domination of Casey or a sort of suicide by cop without the cop but with your co-conspirator.

Edited by Kim0820, Sep 12, 2012 @ 8:09 AM.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2012 @ 12:02 AM

Natalie as a counsellor does my head in, she is so unprofessional.

Yes Danny was certainly going down an interesting path there, high risk and he paid the ultimate price.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2012 @ 7:38 PM

Heath has a lot of nerve expecting to be trusted with an infant and acting hurt about it - part of his immaturity, I guess. Bianca should quit apologizing to him. He certainly has a history that would make any new mother balk at the thought of leaving the child alone with Heath.

Romeo is an idiot.

Roo is wrong IMO too as Tim could show up any time. She did really act like she might prefer Tim.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2012 @ 11:57 PM

I agree, no way I would leave a child alone with Heath, but I don't get the whole Bianca/Heath thing anyway.

Romeo is an idiot.

Lol, succinct and to the point and so true.

Roo and Harvey are doing my head in with the constant arguing, why would you want a relationship like that and I agree too that Roo is in the wrong as well. She was deliberately playing with fire imo.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 26, 2012 @ 1:17 AM

Yes, indeed, Roo and Harvey - do they have anything in common? Roo knows Mel is a horrible woman, too, and they'd been split up for years, so her POV on this doesn't seem so logical. Better it be Mel than some other lady who might be a nice person or something.

Poor Alf is in the middle of the Roo and Harvey relationship.

Dex needs treatment for depression; Sid's a doctor so he should see that - well I'm not a doctor and I can see that.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

Yeah Sid is way too close to the situation, also silly trying to do it all himself and not accepting help. I know it would have been so hard to do when Dex was pleading so to come home but I do think he would have been best off in rehab being treated by professionals who could have a more objective view and treat him more comprehensively.