Home & Away

• Please log in to reply

3219 replies to this topic

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2012 @ 11:54 PM

I sort of recall Bianca being with Heath very briefly - the promos calling them "exes" seem to be pumping up that relationship. I don't know why any girl would give Heath so much as the time of day once they spent about 5 minutes with him. It's generally known he's been in jail, too.

I did like Irene having that whole crowd of people waiting to hear about her condition.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 2, 2012 @ 6:10 AM

Hee, I had to laugh though when they all trooped into Irene's room at the same time - way to overwhelm her.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

Clever and compact little set up. Dex rescues two ladies and hears a nurse extol nursing above doctoring and it all comes together for him. Given his personality, it does seem to be a better fit. The doctor doesn't get to joke around with the patients they way Dex was with the lady with the walker.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

Not that Brax is the world's greatest guy, but he did lose the woman he loved; it seems he has no real friends here. Nobody to hold his hand or what-not. Heath actually seems judgmental. Brax has done a lot for Heath in the past. But one can hardly expect Heath to have anything like gratitude. Casey is young but also just not there in a friend-like way. As for the "help" of Leah, that's ridiculous. Just shows how cold a woman she is - doesn't she realize he just needs someone to talk to or somebody to put their arm around him? Not for her to throw her money at the restaurant problem. That was just dumb.

Still don't buy Bianca wanting Heath at all. Just not set up enough for it to be believable. The slip of the tongue would be easy to explain - she saw April walk in, so wondering if April was with Heath could distract her into saying his name. But at any rate, Liam being what he is, he is worth a thousand Heaths.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 1:54 AM

I couldn't believe Leah handing over all that money. Dumb indeed.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 11:33 PM

After Thursday's show, I cannot believe Leah, after all those years living with Charlie and Ruby, when Charlie just died, lets Ruby go, choosing the possibility of Brax coming to the house over Ruby's desire not to see him! How despicable can she be? That's cold.

The election result was a bummer! I lol'd when John Palmer said to Harvey that he saw Harvey brought his "daughter."

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

It appears to be Ruby's job to break in virgins. Xavier, Romeo, Dex, maybe Casey too!

Leah really is a jerk to let Ruby go over Brax. Run Elijah, run, didn't you learn the first time!

Since the resort didn't go that far, it would seem like Palmer could maybe get a lot of his money back? Where would it have gone?

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 18, 2012 @ 7:40 PM

It appears to be Ruby's job to break in virgins. Xavier, Romeo, Dex, maybe Casey too!

Lol, too funny. I hadn't thought about it that way.

Leah really is a jerk to let Ruby go over Brax. Run Elijah, run, didn't you learn the first time!

Oh I so agree. I used to like Leah but now she is using Elijah shamelessly and what is with this obsession she has with rescuing Brax and sticking her nose in his business, especially when it is Ruby if anyone she should be worrying about.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 9:36 AM

I know I've said this before and will say it again - Heath is awful. Why does Henri flirt with him when she knows what he's about? She told April and was right and therefore knows.

The boy playing Casey is very handsome. Henri might actually do better there, once he is 18, because the kid is a nice person compared to Heath.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:48 PM

I think I'm actually liking the Henri/Casey thing.

Eddie should be for Colleen and Keith should have been for Irene. Better matches. I don't think Irene would be so wild about this guy. And he may be using her because of Liam.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 2:04 AM

I loathe it when teachers have relationships with students, it's just so inappropriate imo no matter how close the age. I hope they show this. And I reckon Henri is really messed up first the way she went after Heath, and now getting it on with Casey.

I agree about Eddie and Keith being better matches the other way around. I can't read Eddie at all at the moment, will have to wait and see what they do with him.

Leah is really messed up as well imo. Instead of grieving her best friend's death and supporting Ruby she has just glommed onto Brax. I hate the way she has attached herself to him like a leech. Poor VJ, keeps having these father figures brought into his life and losing them again and now Brax of all people might be the next one. I used to like Leah but can't stand her now.

Edited by nozycat, Mar 27, 2012 @ 6:18 AM.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

Now Leah admits to "feelings" for Brax. Well those never last once she reels them in. Poor Brax.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:44 AM

Leah was on my last nerve yelling at Elijah. She really thinks she is so desirable! Just leave Brax alone.

Strange, but I thought Henri was kissing Brax in Angelo's when April saw them. Maybe it was the location or that they've done good casting to make them look like brothers.

I wonder if Eddie is the new villain.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

I remember the scene where Romeo told Liam that he loved Indi, but he found Ruby "exciting." Interesting how that is playing out over the long run.

Leah wanting a man, please. She had Elijah, then Miles, then dumped them.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 1:47 AM

Leah is on my last nerve too and I used to like her. When Ruby got in trouble over the drugs I thought if that had been Brax Leah would have been there in a heartbeat, but it was Ruby so she just blew her off.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 8:52 AM

Lottie seems OK now that she's given up the bitter thing. Looks like she's the girl for Dex. Roo needs to either accept Harvey as he is or move on - hope there's not another back and forth over some bad move by Harvey. It's John and Gina over again. Enjoyed John approaching the chess table and thinking he was going to do so well!

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 1:33 PM

Speaking of the phones being off on Neighbours, here Indy had her phone very accurate yesterday, clearly showing it was April 25 - yet no mention it was Anzac Day.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:26 AM

Wow I am getting whiplash from the speed with which characters on this show get married, break up and fall into bed with someone else, ie Romeo and Indie. And Liam and Bianca barely get married before she is pregnant and their marriage is in trouble also. I know they need some drama and for the timeline to work Bianca had to get pregnant now but can't they let people be happy for just a bit?

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

I know, how many people end up getting married on a day when they'd been sleeping with someone else so recently as to be pregnant by them? Only soap characters.

It was odd for Indi and Romeo to go so far as to get married at their ages. It was clear Romeo always had some sort of feelings for Ruby. What surprises me is Indi jumping into bed with Logan so quickly and Sid being cool with Logan spending the night there! How many parents are that understanding?

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 7:17 AM

Yeah, it's a staple storyline for soapies isn't it to have the woman not sure who the father is.

And I also don't get how it's ok with Sid to have a virtual stranger sleeping in his house with his daughter.

And what great role modelling these storylines are for the teenage audience.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

This show is actually pretty good now. The new teacher is being introduced pretty well for a newbie, I thought. The new brat kid is cute but I still want to punch him.

The promos seem to want us to root for Bianca and Heath, but I will never root for Heath, at least, they have not redeemed him enough if at all yet. Weird scene with he and Brax dressed alike and Heath deciding to sell drugs again just because Brax wants Liam to run the place.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 7:13 PM

I think the new teacher and new kid are horrible. Loving Lottie, wish they would introduce more interesting characters like that.

I am so pissed that they split up Bianca and Liam 5 minutes after they got married. I thought they were a really good fit. She doesn't fit with Heath at all imo so if they go that way I will be even more annoyed. I agree he certainly isn't redeemed and it would take completely rewriting his character for him to fit with Bianca afaic.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

The promos they show beforehand where I watch the videos seem to have wanted us to root for Bianca to be with Heath for ages. Through the April thing and this, they have been in Heath and Bianca terms.

Brax is getting on my nerves, taking it all out on Haley and scaring her. I don't recall what she did "wrong" back when, so from my view it is not enough for him to blame her for everything that is going on now, which seems to be the case.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 1:33 AM

I don't quite remember the back story either but I think Brax blames Haley for the guy getting out of jail that killed Charlie and so holds her responsible for Charlie's death. Anyone feel free to correct me if that's wrong.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

Liam is looking really good now for some reason. Gorgeous eyes and handsome as all get out.

The Colleen story is a little off - Lancey should give her money from the house sale and not treat it as a gift. They seem to be setting up for an actress absence - going off to visit Lancey. With winning the lottery, Colleen could get out of the trailer, too. Or she could be going off the show? Usually the oldies stay put. Is Alf gone for good or just temporarily?

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

I also find Liam rather gorgeous.

Yeah Lancey and his wife should not just be taking Colleen's money. I hope she uses her winnings well.
Spoiler
I don't know about Alf, he seems to go and come back regularly.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

I'm glad Harvey settled down - he is lucky he has Roo and that Lottie wants to be a daughter to him.

I thought Dex had realized April was someone he couldn't trust. Is he forgetting that now?

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 5:20 AM

Romeo is such an idiot. He's not ready for marriage, or any relationship at all. Pining after the one he doesn't currently have is all very well, but of course he has no right at all to give Ruby's money to Indi. I hope Ruby dumps his lame self.

I can understand the last thing Liam needs is another girl with Heath in her life in any way. Then again, Haley doesn't seem to know about the previous problem with Heath.

Kim0820

Kim0820

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 6:34 AM

Romeo is annoying. Being self righteous towards Ruby about stealing her money to give it to his separated wife takes the cake. What a self entitled person. Ruby should kick him to the curb not try to hang on for dear life.

The attempt to whitewash Heath continues. So he was the one to magically awake Bianca up. And now they are going straight into postpartum depression.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 12:53 AM

Romeo is such a boring character to me, not very bright and yes entitled. I couldn't believe that he gave Ruby's money to Indi and actually thought that was ok. I don't think the actor is very good either, he just has the one facial expression imo and makes the character more boring to me.

I sure hope they don't put Bianca back with Heath, but I fear that's where they are going with this. Imo they are not a good fit at all.