Home & Away

• Please log in to reply

3219 replies to this topic

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 6:07 PM

Is it double posting when there's been at least 2 weeks between posts?

For the first episode back, Tragedy rocks the Sutherland family. Tasha discovers who her mother really is. Apparently DuckButt has swelling on thr brain (he has one?), and there's gunna be a tug of love between Alex, Noah and Hayley.

Big hairy deal.

Edited by Andrew's Mommy, Jan 4, 2004 @ 6:07 PM.

CarpingSlav

CarpingSlav

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 10:47 AM

I am finding myself in some trouble...actually finding Scott sexy and keep imagining him with Josh..weird I know....damn need to get off the singles market....

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 5:06 PM

CarpingSlav, a great big hello, welcome and EWWWWWWWWWWW to you!

13/1 will bring Dani and Beth struggle to pick up the pieces of DuckButt's brain. Hayley begins a desperate search for Alex's brain. Can Noah save the Drop In Centre? Hayley makes a life changing decision - hopefully it will be to leave this crappy show and get a real job.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 7:01 PM

Which one is duckbutt again? I need a fresher course for the lame characters in H&A.

Andrew's Mommy, can you expand on those spoilers a bit?? What's happening with Alex and Duckbutt respectively??

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 8:26 PM

Rhys? Well, the Sutherlands are found after Tash blabs about Max's shrine. They are all rescued and they think that it is all over. But it's not. Rhys is in critical condition! He is in a coma in the hospital and WonderDoc Flynn doesn't know if he is going to be okay. It's just another vehicle for Dani to cry and be a princess, because the writers think we love her.

Alex? He's back from being on the run. Hayley is extremely upset at what he has doen to her and Leah and she has had enough! Shes tired of Alex's 'bad boy' antics and he has changed since he started taking steroids. Noah is on the sidelines watching and waiting for Hayley to come back to him, because their's is a twu wuv!

Kirsty and Kane? They're gonna get hitched! Kane has finally popped the question and Kirsty is torn, after all Kane said he was going to kill him and now he's lying in the hospital in critical condition (I didn't really understand how this was Kane's fault, but than again he did hurt Dani. HE BROUGHT EVEEEL TO SUMMBER BAY!!). Flynn tells Kane to make peace with Kane but Kane tells him to piss off. Kane also tries to convince Kirsty to leave the Bay. Will she?

Other spoilers Leah will get another phone call on VJ's birthday, just like the one where she got the terrible news of Vinnie's death. Will it be more bad news?

Noah learns that Josh has gone bankrupt and his creditors are after the drop in centre. Can Noah save the srop in centre?

Tash will find out who her mother is.

Beth is worried she may lose Rhys. I don't know why, she should be happy to get rid of him.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 8:56 PM

What I'm getting is from the Online TV Guide. Just'sin has given a pretty good idea of wassup. Rhys is DuckButt. Hey, now we know that Tasha is Angie's spawn, does this mean we can start calling her DuckSis??

Timor'sMyPup

Timor'sMyPup

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 3:28 AM

Dammit, it looks like the Fugmo bunch is going to be a permanant fixture on the show. And since we know nobody is going to die in the mieshaft we should at least get Angie as a consolation prize.

In the TV Week they said the other new guy was the son of the principal. Is it possible that he is actually the poor orphaned nephew of Paris so he can come back? Since Paula is leaving All Saints there's no need for Paris anymore. I actually didn't mind Paris as a character unlike every other person on this show. BTW, please, please, please let Hailey be the scarred one.

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 4:01 AM

It sounds like there's going to be a new principal to go with the son. Paris isn't that old, I don't think he could have a 16-ish son. We can't yet call Tasha DuckSis, because it's quite unlikely she's Duckbutt's kid too. He never admitted to cheating on Shelley twice, and it'd take a lot of bullshit writing to make it so. And she can't be Dylan's twin, because she's got to be about 30 years younger than him.

I find it very crappy that they will be rescued straight away. What's the point of sticking them down there for two episodes. Since I hate them, they should have been stuck down there for a few months, off-screen of course.

CarpingSlav

CarpingSlav

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 4:38 AM

I have to admit that I only started watching H&A six months ago but like Neighbours, it does not take long to get into it. In the UK so we are now progressing towards the end of Angie -- as the voice-over commentators keep telling us...over, and over, and over - but of course, it is all a surprise. One thing I have noticed is that H&A story lines are better written than in the other Antipodean soap and that tells us a lot about the residence of Erisborogh (sp? ehhh...who cares....). How old is DuckFace Jnr...I swear he is in his twenties and he badly needs some Decleor to cheer up his face...I recommend he watches Alison Young on QVC UK.....

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:35 AM

The actor is currently 26 or 27, but during filming he was 25. The character is supposed to be 16 or 17.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:00 PM

...and he had so many facial lines, hence the name DuckButt Jr

14/1 brings Is it over for Alex and Hayley? Well, since Danny Raco is leaving, it will all be mercifully over sometime soon! The tragedy leaves Kane reassessing his future - brain surgeon? investment banker?. Noah is devastated at losing his livelihood, but I guess he could always become a male gigolo

The whole Angie murder investigation was over in the blink of an eye, so it seems reasonable to the monkeys that the DuckButt clan will be rescued first night in.

ETA [ot] I swear, if Ch7 stuff us around now that regular programming is coming back, and leave us in the lurch with BOTH Scrubs and That 70's Show I will be a very unhappy Mommy[/ot]

Edited by Andrew's Mommy, Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:02 PM.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:36 PM

Thanks for all the spoiler info guys. It might save me having to actually watch this show for a few weeks. I knew we wouldn't get our Christmas wishes and see all the people die, who we wanted to die.

CarpingSlav, it's interesting that you think that H&A is the better written soap. I have always thought that Neighbours was actually far superior, as it's storylines are much more realistic, ie the kids are just allowed to be kids, instead of falling in love and having these ridiculous relationships as though they are all adults. H&A also have far too may teen pregnancies and other life and death storylines. *coughallthesecharactersbeingslalkedallthetimecough* I also think the family dynamics have always been portrayed much better on Neighbours too. The Kennedy clan, and the scullys are a really well written, natural sort of family, not to sickening sweet, kinda normal. H&A also often suffers in the location of the show, ie they can't ever have anybody go off to university normally. Remember when Damo went away to Uni and came back a hippie, wearing one of those jamican hats?? Laughable, totally ridiculous!

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:09 PM

I know. As if Selina would have EVER gone near him and his filthy hippy penis.

Or did I make up that one night stand and resulting pregnancy/miscarriage.

Or was it Steven's?

As for which is the better soap, I would say Neighbours. It is superior to this show (Except for Angie - Congratulations to the typist who thought her up!). Although, Serena is in dire need of raping.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 5:17 PM

I know. As if Selina would have EVER gone near him and his filthy hippy penis.

Or did I make up that one night stand and resulting pregnancy/miscarriage

Nah, you're not delusional. Yep, that pregnancy was ridiculous! The totally dumb thing about that storyline is the way they resolved it all. I remember that I missed a few eps and then suddenly she wasn't pregnant anymore, and I asked a friend what the hell had happened and basically she had a miscarriage and then was over it all, in like, two eps or something like that.

I think the writing on H&A sucks as they only have about 3 storylines that they rehash:

* somebody being stalked or kidnapped by a deranged killer
* girl falls pregnant and either has miscarriage or has the baby (heaven forbid they should have an abortion)
* people falling in love against the wishes of family/friends.

And have you noticed how the kids either totally ace their final school year or completely flunk out so they have to repeat? Nobody is just an average student who does an average course like nursing or accounting or something.

I definitely think that Neighbours is the better written soap, maybe we should do a little poll on this thread and see what everybody else thinks?

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 5:54 PM

And isn't it amazing how how many abandoned or given-up children "accidentally" find their way to Summer Bay to reunite with mommy or daddy (or grandys). Let's see. Bobbi, Seb, now Tasha, Ailsa's daughter. Who else was there?

As for more TV guide, 15/1's craptacular includes Summer Bay learns the shocking identity of Tasha's mother which, we hope, will lead to the revelation that it was really Angie's good twin who died, meaning that Angie will return, wreaking havoc on the whole DuckButt claim, Colleen, Alf, Irene, everyone except of Beth's snarky son! . Beth faces a major decision as she looks towards her uncertain future so, do I bring the WHOLE family here and inflict them on viewers, but then of course, it will piss LooneyFreakStripperTwin off - I'll do it!.

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 8:28 PM

I can't think of any others off the top of my head, but there are more, because that story has been done more than 4 times on this show.

In Neighbours vs H&A, I easily pick Neighbours. H&A is a better location to look at, but Neighbours is more realistic, better written, and actually has some likeable characters, and with the exception of a few, less that I totally despise. Which is almost everyone in Summer Bay. Also, Neighbours is usually first when the two "co-incidentally" end up doing the same story within a few weeks.

Edited by bluezombie, Jan 7, 2004 @ 8:29 PM.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 12:07 AM

H&A is a better location to look at

True, I think that's why the poms love it so much, the beach and sunshine they're not getting, but Neighbours doesn't need to rely on pretty backdrops in order to distract viewers from their hateful characters and pathetic storylines, which are at times almost as ridiculous as those we see on america soaps such as Days of our Lives or something. I am, and always will be, firmly in the Neighbours camp when it come to the battle of these two soaps. It's just a far superior product. And WORD bluezombie on the continual "accidental" identical storylines that H&A has.

I think Angel started out as a street kid as well, and I'm pretty sure Shane didn't arrive with a family in tow either. I don't believe that they ended up reuniting with family, but they certainly seem to prove Summer Bay as a very popular runaway destination.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 12:10 AM

Street Kids that have ended up in Summer Bay: Will, Nick, Hayley, Angel, who else?

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 2:23 AM

Bobby was a street kid wasn't she? Mitch? Brodie? Justine? Selina? Chloe? The question marks are because I can't remember. If I sat down and thought about it, there'd be a list a mile long. Basically half the characters ever.

Edited by bluezombie, Jan 8, 2004 @ 2:24 AM.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 6:58 PM

Ok, so we've worked this out. H&A is made up of street kids, long long spawn, psycho ex-lovers, flamin' mongrels, pregnant teenagers, kidnap victims, various criminals, old nags, etc, set in a place where the majority of Aussies would never live 'cos the house and rent prices would now be way too high. Natural disasters and tragedies are a regular occurrence.

And pretty well much Neighbours is made up of families living in a suburban setting, in varying classes, with regular teenage and adult problems. Ok so there's a smattering of gay hairdressers, mothers who look like transvestites, pain in the arse child actors, but these people have pets! Have I missed it, but does nobody on H&A own a pet???

In 16/1 action, Will Tasha come to terms with her true identity? and can she become the Evil Angie clone we're all hoping she can be?? Leah struggles to cope on the first anniversary of Vinnie's death. I'm actually hoping that the "much loved character" that is coming back will be Vinnie. The V-Man was a legendWill Noah and Hayley give in to temptation and kiss? and I bet Alex walks in on them, she drives off in the pink bug and hits a tree. Or could it be Alex driving off in a huff??

Edited by Andrew's Mommy, Jan 8, 2004 @ 7:00 PM.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 10:18 PM

Ok, so we've worked this out. H&A is made up of street kids, long long spawn, psycho ex-lovers, flamin' mongrels, pregnant teenagers, kidnap victims, various criminals, old nags

Bwah! You're in excellent form once again, Andrew's Mommy. But seriously, you've summarised everything about H&A that I think shows it to be a very inferior soapie to Neighbours.

Hey, that flamin' mongrels thing reminds me of something funny. About 5 or so years ago the student paper at Melbourne University, Farrago, ran a huge campaign in their TV columnt to try and get the guy who plays Alf (somebody Meahger or something, isn't it??) to be win the gold logie. It was priceless stuff. Any other Melbourne uni students ever read these articles???

Edited by AndyCake, Jan 8, 2004 @ 10:20 PM.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:42 AM

Gee, after reading my own summary, I've realised that the scriptwriters for H&A could go and get a job on Passions

Ray Meagher would have only just more chance of winning the Logie as the chick who plays Colleen!!

edited 'cos it's hard to type with 2.5yrs old Andrew terrorizing me to play Wiggles mp3's.

Edited by Andrew's Mommy, Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:45 AM.

CarpingSlav

CarpingSlav

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:28 AM

Are any of you familiar with the tripe that are soap operas in the UK - like Eastenders and Coronation Street? Oh boy...it there something the scriptwriters have not stooped down to...and besides, I hate all soap operas but as a bona-fide university student, I am duty bound to watch the crap along with geriatric orange faced presenters presenting antigue roadshow games...

Actually, as I understand the whole Angie = Who killed her? (Is there someconvention were soap-writers meet in the world and discuss plots as I can swear that we've had such episodes before...in abundace

Drat...computer gone all funny so typing funny...Anyway so plot is crap? does that mean I can actually go do some work for an essay??

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 7:34 AM

Yes Andrew's Mommy, I would absolutely LOVE for Vinnie to be the returning character. It kind of fits in, since he 'died' a year ago, but is out of the show for about 2 years. And since it apparently means the lover leaves with them, Leah, who has become a totally annoying character, steals Sally's baby, leaving the bay with Vinnie, dumping Jesse, who commits suicide, as does Sally. Leah becomes the third to leave of the four who are going, because Ada and Danny decide to go look for more work together, playing bro and sis.

Ray Meagher would barely beat out Serena, Trixie or Lou from Neighbours for the Gold Logie. But I'd love to hear his flamin' victory speech if he flamin' won the flamin' gold flamin' logie. Which leads me to wonder of the origins of "flamin'" in the show. Did the writers put it there as part of the character, or did Ray let it slip during a rant one time, and they went with it? I'd be interested to know, or at least hear an interesting possibility.

Edited by bluezombie, Jan 9, 2004 @ 7:36 AM.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:51 PM

I believe that Ray Meagher has always played similar characters. I saw him in a very early episode of A Country Practice one, and I swear I was hanging for him to say "flamin'" or "strike me pink". No one I know says him, and this character has to be purely writtewn for o/s audiences. Cos we all have kangaroo outside our houses abnd jumping down our street (actually a likely scenario given where I now live!)

Did anyone bother to watch the repeat of last yr's final episode last night?

If Sally dies, we're left with a moping FakeFlynn. Think about how BAD that would be.

Since we got cable last month, have caught about 30 seconds of Coronation Street and Eastenders. My god, they look like dreary loads of crap. Not even steaming crap. They're not interesting enough for steam! Translate them to a radio play and you'd lose nothing!

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:41 PM

I will say this for Eastenders and Corrie, they have at least had gay storylines. Something which so could have happened between Nick and Seb.

Or Chris and Seb. Or Nick, Chris and Seb. Or Seb and Robbie. Or Seb and New Guy being played by Chris Hemsworth (Most recently seen as Lisa McCune's teen slampiece on Marshall Law). Or Robbie and New Guy. Also, Robbie has one baaaaaaaaad mullet

Edited by Just'sin, Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:44 PM.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 10:22 PM

Awww, but Robbie is cute in that "heh I am so going to snark at LooneyFreakStripper Twin" kinda way.

If my husband was allowed to think that Brooke Satchwell was cute, then I'm allowed to think that Robbie is cute!

bluezombie

bluezombie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 4:05 AM

Yeah, but Robbie does need a haircut or two. I think the new guy could use one too if the picture I saw is anything to go by.

Word on the gay storylines. I think it's about time there was one, and a proper one, not "Shannon or Gypsy has decided that she'll be a lesbian today, let's have her kiss a chick." Seb and Nick had so much potential.

Just'sin

Just'sin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 10:53 PM

Gypsy: I Love you, Shelly.
Shelly: No you don't.
Gypsy: No, you're right. I don't

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 5:00 PM

Now, who saw this coming?? From this Week's TV Week.

Marry me, Alex

Brodie Hanson makes a shock return to Summer Bay this week. And her words will stun her former love, Alex Poulos. She loves him and wants to marry him!

While Alex (Danny Raco) recently wrote a letter to Brodie (Susie Rugg) telling her it was all over between him and Hayley (Bec Cartwright), he never expected his ex-lover to show up. What’s more, things now finally appear to be back on track between Alex and Hayley. But that’s all about to change.

“All Brodie knows, going from the letter Alex sent her, is that he and Hayley have broken up,” Danny says. “Now she turns up and we learn that her feelings for Alex never died. She was just waiting for a sign to give her the chance to come back to town and express her feelings to Alex.”

As viewers may recall, when Brodie left the Bay, Alex had proposed to her, but she was not willing to commit to him.

“It’s the biggest shock in the world for Alex when she comes back and says she wants to marry him,” Danny says. “He had never really thought about what the repercussions of the letter might be.”

And things are about to get even more complicated. Alex is unable to tell Brodie he is now seeing Hayley again. And when he meets up with Brodie on the beach, they end up sharing a passionate kiss! Stay tuned.

SO this is the much loved character?? Excuse me while I go gouge my eyes out.

19/1 Brings Tasha saves Robbie's life. She reminds him that to spite the Sutherland girls is a death sentence, so he must snark on the sly. Noah is offered a new job at Summer Bay High. How will SBH cope with Noah running his gigolo shop on campus? How will Kirsty respond to Kane's ultimatum? Are you leaving the crapola show with me, or will you waste away here forever?

What show is this guy from the SMH watching???

In this first episode of the year, there is an uncharacteristic high drama. WHAT THE??? Last year's nail-biting finale saw four characters trapped in a disused mineshaft and in this show, the SES, friends and neighbours join forces to locate and rescue them.

ETA: Just watched tonights episode. Andrew's Daddy was wondering when all of the bodeis had been pulled out of the mineshaft, why is it that they appeared to be tending to the worst injured e.g. DuckButt, last of all?? And, remember, all of this was ALL ABOUT DANI and how it would affect her!

Edited by Andrew's Mommy, Jan 12, 2004 @ 4:56 AM.