Days Of Our Lives

• Please log in to reply

114872 replies to this topic

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:51 PM

You know this show is in the toilet when the best scenes of the week involve Chad.

This safe house story sucks so much that it makes me want to grab some popcorn, head to You Tube and watch clips of the recent Alamania story, which is possibly the worst soap story I had ever seen or FFed through at the time. Even with Shane, this safe house story is still worse.

CalAggie

CalAggie

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:47 AM

I guess I should thank the Soap Gods afterall that Matt is not part of this story. But damn, couldn't they at least show him, he has not been on since April 6th.

Worleybird

Worleybird

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

When EJ put his hand on Chad's shoulder to console him, Chad's hand went up to meet EJ's and Chad's hand stayed up there for a loooooooong time.

insanityproject

insanityproject

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:20 AM

EJ/Lexi/Chad was really good. Got me to tear up. Hope Lexi comes back as a heavenly ghost to look out for her bros. Chad is a zillion times better as a DIMera than he is in teeny bopper land.

Brady & Kate have a lot of chemistry. They need to have a dirty dirty affair. Then Phillip & Chloe need to return to create a really messed up quad.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

Geez, Carrie didn't get this worked up when she had acid thrown in her face.

I'm tellin' ya, EJ is John's son and maybe Hope's. Somehow they'll make it work.

megsara

megsara

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

I'm tellin' ya, EJ is John's son and maybe Hope's. Somehow they'll make it work.

If they do this, and it wouldn't surprise me either, they at least need to mention that John isn't a Brady after all to remove the incest ickiness for EJ and Sami. Though, I can see EJ going back to being Stephano's once the new regime takes over so this might be moot. But jesus, revealing John as a Brady/Dimera was a big story! Not only that, it was a big Ejami storyline! Ugh, these people, I swear.

But, what do I know - realizing they are related (and what would it make them? Second cousins? I guess that's not as close at Jon and Tammy from GL) might make their "forbidden attraction" even stronger.

Edited by megsara, May 4, 2012 @ 12:44 PM.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

I was surprised when Hope basically told everyone not to get so excited yet when they thought they'd disabled the timer. You know, to wait at least a minute just in case. And I was even more surprised that she was right -- it was still going.

Honestly, I don't know why Stefano's trying to kill them over a stupid egg.

I wonder what Ian's plan is supposed to be? How does that drug play into it?

insanityproject

insanityproject

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:06 PM

Daytime Confidential griped about DAYS bad habit of rewriting history every time a new regime comes in.

I am so not into making EJ the spawn of John. It's just stupid. I seriously hope the new old writers just drop this and go back to how it was. These current writers have proven to be even more incompetent that Dena Higley. Are there no decent writers out there? Can someone please write a story that doesn't involve paternity switches and crazy eggs?

LonePirate

LonePirate

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

TDWT Kristen:

I wonder what Ian's plan is supposed to be? How does that drug play into it?

He's a gay vampire! Why else would he drug Brady's drink?

Luckylyn

Luckylyn

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

Stefano betraying EJ simply because he isn't blood is really awful. I really hope Stefano has been tricked and EJ really is his son. I love the idea of Stefano wanting to be close to EJ again after realizing EJ is really his son and having EJ reject him.

CopShop

CopShop

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 2:56 PM

Wow, just a few months ago, I was really enjoying the show and thinking how much better it had gotten. It sure has taken a nosedive since then.

You and me both--how far it rose and how fast it fell.

Raise your hand if you've been rooting for the bomb.

As far as EJ's paternity, how can it be anyone other than John, who is a Brady--son of Colleen, no? As much as I hate to rehash that story, I don't think it makes a difference in terms of EJ and Sami. It's a oretty distant relation and the least of the problems with that and any other current story.

cord2012

cord2012

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:03 PM

All I could think of during the safehouse scenes today is the old joke, "How many men/women does it take to ________?" Well, in DAYS' case, I guess it takes more than 5 police officers/ISA men to diffuse a bomb.

Man, why did Shane have to pull Roman away from the door right before the house blew up?

I thought the scene with EJ cuddling with his kids was cute. Those kids are adorable.

Edited by cord2012, May 4, 2012 @ 3:04 PM.

islandgal

islandgal

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:57 PM

Stefano betraying EJ simply because he isn't blood is really awful. I really hope Stefano has been tricked and EJ really is his son. I love the idea of Stefano wanting to be close to EJ again after realizing EJ is really his son and having EJ reject him.

Stefano sucks but so does EJ so there really isn't anyone to root or feel sorry for in this scenario for me. I can't feel too sorry for EJ after he pretty much threw Sydney out into the street, without a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of, after believing (wrong or not) she wasn't his daughter. Karma is a bitch. Plus this is all oh so stupid. In fact, the show is swimming in a sea of stupid plot devices. It is like you can see the whole show going off the rails right before your eyes.

CalAggie

CalAggie

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:41 PM

This EJ/Stefano stuff sounds like a pathetic attempt to capture the great story of Bo finding out he was not a Brady, or even better story line when Jack discovered he was not a Deveraux but a Johnson. Those were great stories, and the acting was across the board fabulous, especially the Jack/Johnson/Harper scenes, and that actually effected the story for years, and affected all the characters involved. And it was done better back in the day when Tony was discovered not to be Stefano's. I would not be surprised with Lexie dying, that they are doing away with the di Meras. Not that I care at this point. Stefano is a joke, and at 82+ it is not as though Joe would have the ability to be on enough to actually work a villain storyline. Time to kill him off for good or let him fake his death for good, and go off to Boca and play Mah Jong with the bubeles.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

So they think some wooden chairs and sofa cushions is a good blast wall? Mm, ok.

megsara

megsara

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 7:48 PM

Daytime Confidential griped about DAYS bad habit of rewriting history every time a new regime comes in.

Which, the annoying thing is that history re-writing is expected every now and then, but they have to acknowledge that that's what they are doing. It's a soap, the land of coming back from the dead, dna test mishaps, etc. etc. It would not be that hard to come up with something that wouldn't have even taken up a week that proved John isn't a Brady-Dimera. Instead, they have completely ignored it. I mean, hello, soap fans remember character histories, so I think it is just weird how Days just ignores it constantly.

oceanblue

oceanblue

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

I loved Shane's showing up as the master demolition expert. "Cut this wire". "It didn't work". "Sorry, that's all I got. Bye".

DS1

DS1

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

Are Sami and Rafe divorced yet? Are EJ and Nicole divorced yet?

Oh, what do you know Carrie and Austin aren't divorced, but she and Rafe are....whatever they are. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Nicole plot against them even if it involves character regression on her part.

Edited by DS1, May 4, 2012 @ 9:37 PM.

bigredcat7

bigredcat7

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:55 PM

I typically don't mind when soap opera characters who are in committed relationships/marriages fall in love with others, but Carrie makes me see red. Austin is faithful to her while she's falling in lust with Rafe. She takes Austin back and pretends to be 100 percent committed to him, all while she continues to sniff around Rafe trying to gauge his feelings for her. When she learns he loves her, she tosses her marriage out the window.

Everyone, however, will sympathize with and support Carrie. Pathetic.

And Rafe! He was so angry with Sami for cheating on him during a moment of grief, but he's encouraging a married woman to be with him. Such hypocrisy!

Georgie Girl

Georgie Girl

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:41 PM

What put the crew in the safe house (that turned out not to be safe)?

And can someone refer me to the best daily recap of DAYS? I only watch a few portions each week but have gotten hooked enough to want to try to keep up.

bittersweet4149

bittersweet4149

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 3:18 AM

Raise your hand if you've been rooting for the bomb.

Go Bomb, get busy! Go Bomb, it's your birthday!

BTW, I've followed Days off and on through the mags and only started watching on the regular since the demise of my beloved OLTL, but has Carrie always been such a pwetty pwincess? Cause I kinda hate her.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 3:31 AM

but has Carrie always been such a pwetty pwincess? Cause I kinda hate her.

Yes. Your reaction is perfectly natural.

oceanblue

oceanblue

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Georgie, one of Stephano's henchman held a knife to Marlena's throat, so in they went. Carrie went to the grocery for them, which is why she's there. It makes no sense that the police/ISA, one of whom is her own father, let her be involved and go to the safe house. Man she's bad in a crisis. Also, Ciara is left to shift for herself. If Stephano wanted them out of the safe house all he has to do is pick Ciara up and hold a knife to her throat.

gazebogrl

gazebogrl

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

I don't think I'm ever going to warm up to this Ian guy. He's got no chemistry with either Kate or Madison and he is just too weird for my taste. I know he's suppose to be sophisticated and charming but he's just too creepy for me. I don't know how anyone can trust him. I happen to love that everybody here calls him the "gay vampire". I prefer to think of him as the creepy old dude that looks like he could be a child molester. His speech is too mannered and his accent sounds really fake. It's like he just stepped out of another show and found himself trapped in DOOL.

Does anyone think that Sami might be hacking into Mad World's computers? I know Sami's good at hacking into the hospital's computers but does that mean she could also hack into Mad World's? How come Sami can't find a job in the computer field with her skills? Madi and Kate were very quick to blame Sami. Does anyone think Sami's that good?

EJ looks like a kicked puppy since Stefano told him he's not his son. Nice to see him hugging his kids on the sofa. I could almost feel sorry for him if I didn't know he was such a bastard.

It was good that Roman called Shane to help disarm the bomb, but shouldn't Shane have come with more experts to help disarm the bomb? How come only Shane came?

Nocommente

Nocommente

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:53 AM

Georgie Girl - Soap Central has good recaps:

http://www.soapcentr...days/recaps.php

gazebogrl - I don't think Sami hacked the computers, though you make a good argument that she's capable. I think Ian did it, as part of his big plan (whatever that is).

The show has had problems lately, but I thought this week was strangely bad. The writing was so very sloppy. Roman knows the bomb is going off, he knows everyone is trapped. When Shane tells him to get away from the door, Roman shouts, "But they're still inside there!"

It makes no sense for him to say that. It's like the person who wrote that line hadn't seen any other part of the script.

EJ getting kicked out of the Dimera family could be good, but the writing just isn't there. Stephano's a monster, I can buy him turning on EJ, if you just have him say something that makes sense. It can be evil monster sense ("I love Tony, so I didn't kill him, I just faked his death and stranded him on an island!") But I need something besides "I don't trust adopted children, except for those other three times that I did."

Also, why didn't Stephano or EJ bring up Johnny and Sydney? Don't we get to see Stephano cry over that? Don't we get to see EJ wonder privately, maybe Johnny and Sydney will be better off?

TapDiva

TapDiva

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 12:15 PM

I'm kind of enjoying this safe house drama. (Minus Rafe and Carrie -- Just. No.) Although I have so many questions: why wasn't a proper bomb squad brought in? Because it would reveal the house's location, or because Days can't afford to pay that many day players? If it's only the doors and windows are armed, why couldn't they, like, cut a hole in one of the walls and pull people out that way? Do these people REALLY think a blast wall made of chairs and floor rugs is going to protect them from a major explosive that's roughly 20 feet from where they sit?

Also, something about the safe house set is improving KA's acting -- she's usually a terrible crier, and she's produced genuine tears TWICE in the last week. I've really enjoyed her scenes with PR. Christie Clark is a solid crier herself, but I'm so annoyed with Carrie that I can't really appreciate it.

oceanblue

oceanblue

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

If opening the window sets the bomb off, why not break the glass and pass people out? Presumably the trip wire is attached to the sash. Since the bomb is scheduled to go off anyway it's worth a short.

bucconeer

bucconeer

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 6:55 AM

Since they were able to lower the cell phone down the chimney, why couldn't they lower a hoist and pull everyone out that way?

gazebogrl

gazebogrl

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:11 AM

Since they were able to lower the cell phone down the chimney, why couldn't they lower a hoist and pull everyone out that way?

For fear of getting stuck in the chimney? I think one can suffocate in a soot covered chimney. Only Santa Claus and a good old fashion chimney sweeper knows how to move inside of a chimney.

I'm kind of enjoying this safe house drama. (Minus Rafe and Carrie -- Just. No.) Although I have so many questions: why wasn't a proper bomb squad brought in? Because it would reveal the house's location, or because Days can't afford to pay that many day players? If it's only the doors and windows are armed, why couldn't they, like, cut a hole in one of the walls and pull people out that way? Do these people REALLY think a blast wall made of chairs and floor rugs is going to protect them from a major explosive that's roughly 20 feet from where they sit?

Yeah, that's what I mean. Shouldn't Shane have called in the bomb squad? It was such a glaring mistake on the writers' part that I just had to laugh at that. But hey, if you still cling on to hope that you can survive a bomb blast in the house, wouldn't you try to find a way to protect yourself from the blast? I'd be cowering under any sturdy furniture I can find....... Cutting a hole in the wall of the house is a good idea, but there wasn't enough time and idiot Shane only arrived by himself.......! Frankly, the reason why I enjoy watching the Safe House drama is watching Carrie totally freak out while the rest of the people act calm and normal. Carrie is always fun to watch when she's going through an emotional meltdown.

Maxbird

Maxbird

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

Princess Carrie is acting as bad as Sami used to, yet Marlena props her no matter what. What a bitch. So she rededicated herself to Austin upon finding out Rafe isn't available. Now that Rafe IS available she's fully prepared to tell Austin "Oh, I can't be alone, so I was hanging out with you until somebody better came along". And Sami is the bad girl, always. As for Rafe and his etched in stone morality (other than when Sami shoots people), he's just fine with her jerking Austin around and hurting him again?