Days Of Our Lives

• Please log in to reply

114746 replies to this topic

CaughtOnTape

CaughtOnTape

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 2:56 PM

I know very few girls Abby's age who don't react to finding out their boyfriend and best friend had/have a thing for each other in a totally overblown and overly dramatic fashion. It would've been nice of Marlenas talk with her had sunk in yesterday and she'd have told Melanie and Chad that what they did DID hurt but she's not gonna dwell on it. But I think then Melanie might have taken that to mean they were still best friends. As it is I think what might have upset Abby was the fact that Melanie seemed to EXPECT forgiveness simply on that merit alone...hence her "but you're my best friend." thing. I would've told her where to go with that shit too. Both girls are being childish about it but whatever...gotta manufacture drama somewhere. Even so I think saying Chad and Melanie did nothing wrong is absolving them of a whole lot.

And I'll be honest...anything that could cause tiny bits of issues for Daniel and Jennifer...I'm a-ok with it.

davidemily

davidemily

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 3:30 PM

doriangz
I did state it is a rumor

CalAggie

CalAggie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

More likely JenJen would side with Melanie. And it would be more an issue with JenJen and Jack, who yet again is being unreasonable. I remember when Melanie was all upset about someone not too long ago, like in September and Jennifer was there with Dan as if Melanie were her daughter.

Even Chad was whining that Abby forgive Jack for all the crap he did but she cannot forgive him. Yeah, the spoiled brat, forgiving her dad for being a brat to him when he was tortured for a year.

But the thing is Abby did see them kissing Halloween, and he used the idiotic excuse that he thought Melanie was Abby. They were not wearing masks, they have different hair color, and are different sizes, who could he not tell. And I seem to remember Melanie was into that kiss. So, I can see how Abby is questioning how long this has been going on. But she like her father is being thrown under the bus to pimp a Jonas.

AnoushkaNYC

AnoushkaNYC

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

I thought James was excellent both Monday and today. He's a physical actor and I enjoy that because the dialogue is often so lame. (Same with Ari. Although Ari also has great comedic timing). EJ is dark and menacing, James' looks soften the blow, so he ups the darkness. It works for me. I'm never bored with his scenes. There are times I've thought he was a bit OTT but this week was not one of them. He's also playing Will multifold, half seducing, half threatening. On Monday, I said like a cat toying with a mouse but it's more like a TIGER toying with a mouse.

Both Sami and Nicole looked beautiful today. Although, Nicole's dress was.....well, not something Alicia from The Good Wife would wear on the campaign trail but at least she was back to rocking her SEXY.

So now John is a hero?

I liked the Sami/Kate scenes, again.

miniapple

miniapple

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

LOVED Nicole's line today about the bracelet, "Wait a minute. *tap tap* Is this thing on?" It's as close to rolling on the floor laughing at intentional humor as I get with this show.

Cobalt Stargazer

Cobalt Stargazer

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

I feel sorry for the kid with the sexual confusion and his mother letting him down for the zillionth time but I'm glad EJ squashed him. That said, I don't like the idea of EJ using a screwed up kid as a pawn. That should be beneath him.

This is EJ we're talking about, right? I think the show has done a good job of proving that there's nothing beneath him, nothing he won't do. He showed that when he used Lucas' near-death as his chance to rape Sami. and he showed that when he shot John and all the other things he's done to hurt people. This thing with Will now is just more of the same IMO, and I wonder what the personal fallout for the kid is going to be if EJ continues on this path.

Worleybird

Worleybird

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 4:42 PM

See, my theory is Madison was on the phone with her (not so) dead mother. And dead mama was someone Victor fucked over in the past and taking over Titan via MadWorld is all part of a huge masterminded plot

DS1

DS1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

He's also playing Will multifold, half seducing, half threatening

That's a good description. I didn't know how to describe what I was seeing, but it was almost like the way he would toy with someone he knows he has some kind of hold over (not simply in terms of counter-blackmail, but an actual emotional hold.)

I'm not saying I detected any romantic chemistry between Will and EJ, but I saw something in the way of a connection between the two when they were bouncing off of each other, and I think this description fits with the way EJ was toying with Will.

I do find EJ scarier than Stephano though. I never take Stephano seriously when he's threatening someone. Though I have grown to appreciate the big bear in the last couple of years.

Edited by DS1, Jan 11, 2012 @ 4:47 PM.

mkitty3

mkitty3

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 5:50 PM

. He's also playing Will multifold, half seducing, half threatening.

I really like this description too. It reminded me a little of when EJ was blackmailing Nicole not too long ago. I, for one, was thinking of all kinds of interesting things EJ could teach Will, but I highly doubt any of them will ever play out on my TV:(

I love Sami with Kate. I am actually interested in Sami again. This week seems like a different show. I was so bored, but now I'm interested again. My only complaint right now is that they've ruined Chad's character. He had way more potential than this. He and Melanie are just plain annoying together.

CalAggie

CalAggie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

Okay, first, so Victor just chooses Madison to run Titan, a multi-national, multi-company corporation, without vetting her. A woman who just ran a COSMETICS company. And I gather by the phone call that, if she is asking for advice, that it was not some pre-planned thing as I had hoped, that it was set up from the beginning to bring down Titan.

So, EJ has to steal every single one of his campaign ideas from Abe. He cannot think of his own. And as if someone will not be suspicious that out of the blue Will is not on working for him, and abandoned Abe. He has always hated EJ.

Does anyone work for Mad World or Countess W. Mad World lost Sami and now Madison. Countess W. only has Sami and Kate's assistant. But we never, ever see anyone else working for the company. No ad people, not secretaries, no scientists creating products.

And what the heck is someone like EJ always doing his work and eating at the mall? At a food court?

And what in the world is a light colored couch doing in a mall. That thing would be filthy and covered with germs after a few hours.

And then we have John, how in the world can he reconstruct a multi-billion dollar, multi-company from scratch with NO MONEY, and only he and Brady?

Nothing on this show makes sense. It is as if they come up with an idea and do not develop into it, but it just materializes.

And it is always the same people.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2012 @ 11:42 PM

And what in the world is a light colored couch doing in a mall. That thing would be filthy and covered with germs after a few hours.

EJ will be having sexy time on it post haste. He loves his couches. And then Hope will find a locket in the cushions from Alice.

Where will Madison find the time to be CEO? Brady seemed to be fine doing jack shit and having product testing on him at Mad World and sexing his employees.

Najat333

Najat333

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 1:50 AM

Did EJ over manscape, or was it just me thinking his eyebrows looked distractingly bizarre today?

There was something else I was planning on mentioning, but I was so bored that I completely zoned out. The mind-numbingly stupid mayoral race does that to me every time.

DS1

DS1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 9:08 AM

I hate to say this, but EJ's styling seems to go whack when he's with Nicole. I don't know why. I've just noticed that when he first appeared on the show and was after Sami, he was at his handsomest. And he continued to be handsome for some time. Then he got with Nicole and some kind of wackadoodle hairstyle with too much hair gel appeared. I fear the same is going to happen once his hair gets longer.

I don't know if that's simply just the way her voice sounds, but Madison generally sounds like she's about to cry, even when she's wheeling and dealing.

Edited by DS1, Jan 12, 2012 @ 9:14 AM.

CaughtOnTape

CaughtOnTape

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 10:12 AM

Does anyone remember that episode of Friends when Ross got his teeth whitened and he left it on too long so they glowed in the dark? Every time Brady smiles it reminds me of that episode.

It would be nice if Will screwed with EJ a little bit and when he was asked to get the files off the computer he took them home first and messed around with them and THEN gave them to EJ.

miniapple

miniapple

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 10:35 AM

I admit that I didn't pay full attention to the Countess W scenes yesterday, but here is what I think I heard: Sami's super-great-genius idea was to launch a campaign to find a fresh face for their advertising? She wanted Kate to do back flips over that? I hope that Sami's next job is as a high-level executive for, let's say BMW. "You know what we should do to advertise? Make commercials where people drive the cars at high speeds on open roads. It would show how cool the cars are, and no one ever does that in this industry!"

I was hoping that Will messed with the files too, but I think he's too scared to do that at this point. Maybe down the road we'll find out that he did it off screen.

Edited by miniapple, Jan 12, 2012 @ 10:37 AM.

DS1

DS1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

Brady kind of seems to do his make-up the way a woman would. If he weren't wearing a suit, I'd kind of assume he wants to be a woman.

larsson

larsson

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

I hate to say this, but EJ's styling seems to go whack when he's with Nicole. I don't know why. I've just noticed that when he first appeared on the show and was after Sami, he was at his handsomest. And he continued to be handsome for some time. Then he got with Nicole and some kind of wackadoodle hairstyle with too much hair gel appeared. I fear the same is going to happen once his hair gets longer.

I think they use EJ's hair to give us some insight into his character. When he's with Nicole, she doesn't care what he does, so he can be darker, so his longer and greasy looking hair is supposed to reflect that. I think I even read something about that one time. Just another reason (besides their gag-inducing tickling and giggling) that I want him away from Nicole - so I can see the pretty again!

Does anyone remember that episode of Friends when Ross got his teeth whitened and he left it on too long so they glowed in the dark? Every time Brady smiles it reminds me of that episode.

Have Brady's teeth gotten even whiter or is it just his orange glo skin that makes them look that way? Either way, they're almost blinding. There have been several Bradison scenes where I couldn't even pretend to listen to the dialogue because all I could focus on was Brady's teeth.

Tress

Tress

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 12:06 PM

The thing is, I'm not sure if Will knows he's gay yet. He mostly seems confused. He is the only person in Salem who doesn't stand on the docks and say their thoughts out loud, so it's hard to tell where he is in the process.

oceanblue,this. is. hilarious....and so true.

I'm not liking Vic with Maggie. She is turning him into a chump.

CalAggie

CalAggie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 12:28 PM

Let me get this straight. John, et al, proved to the Feds that he did not embezzle from his own company, stealing hundreds of millions and making millions of people poor. Since he is innocent, the case is now closed. The Feds are not trying to find the actual person(s). Also, nor is John, who is fine to just give all his money away and start fresh. Without a care that someone tried to frame him and that due to that person he is penniless. Okay. Wow, MarDar sure are making the show a million times better. NOT.

Edited by CalAggie, Jan 12, 2012 @ 12:29 PM.

kellinatorjones

kellinatorjones

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 12:39 PM

Even with Will and EJ, this week is snoresville.

DS1

DS1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

I think some of the stronger actors (i.e Will, EJ, Nicole, Kate, etc.) are making the show interesting.

But even though there are some big secrets to be spilled, it seems like nothing is really ever going to happen.

Wysguymd

Wysguymd

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

Not that anyone has the answers, but wondering a few things:

- where are Roman and Caroline? I don't think Caroline has been on in months; Roman made a few apperances but wasn't at Sami's wedding?

- what happened to the hospital, police station & ChezRouge sets? Bo&Hope don't seem to have a living room anymore either.

- What's with the horrible lighting? It seems to be getting worse and worse. The lights have been reflecting in the actors eyes for weeks, today Justin looked sooo washed out and there were shadows on Will's face. Was the lighting crew part of the budget cut? Please bring them back and cut the music montage/original-song person!

Have Brady's teeth gotten even whiter or is it just his orange glo skin that makes them look that way? Either way, they're almost blinding.

I noticed that too! Everyone calls DrJonas orange, Brady has him beat no contest. That shirtless scene with both of them a few weeks ago, Daniel was downright pale.

Edited by Wysguymd, Jan 12, 2012 @ 2:14 PM.

mkitty3

mkitty3

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

The music is downright painful. I appreciate the effort, but good grief! So so cheesy! I am not opposed to a Rafe/Carrie hookup, but I hated the convoluted set up with the heat and ice. I had already gotten they were attracted to each other a long time ago. I didn't need to be hit over the head....on second thought, Rafe probably needed a blow to the head to figure it out, so nevermind. It is all very soapy I guess.

DS1

DS1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

Normally I'd be upset that they'd have another character cheat in order to make Sami look good, but Rafe is soooooo annoying I don't care in this case.
Between the two, I guess I like Sami better (whut). Maybe I'm softening towards her now that she has a better wardrobe and it seems like the gleaming eyes are coming back. I still think she's a horrible hypocrite, but I find her horrible hypocritical-ness easier to take than Rafe's version of it.

In a strange way, I guess I'd prefer that he cheat before he finds out about the Ejami sex. Then we can throw eggs at both Sami and Rafe equally. Oh yeah, and Carrie too, since Austin doesn't seem awful this time around. Rafe is so irritating I'd prefer he not have the moral upper hand. If this involved Lucas, I wouldn't say this. But since it's Rafe.....let's get those tomatoes ready!

Edited by DS1, Jan 12, 2012 @ 2:59 PM.

CaughtOnTape

CaughtOnTape

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

While I get that people wonder where these people are...I never got the big deal about Caroline not being on the show. She's mentioned enough to know she's still around and it would seem a waste of their time an Peggy's to have her come in just to film filler scenes to prove to viewers she's still around. I'd much rather they use that time filming something else for storyline I'm interested in. Plus Peggy is almost immobile now isn't she? Would she realistically be able to produce a scene where she's actually DOING something anyway?

Edited by CaughtOnTape, Jan 12, 2012 @ 3:03 PM.

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

It is so in Carrie's character to be a cheater. How many times has she done it now? I can totally see her hittin it with Rafe and busting up her marriage. It's like she gets bored with Austin or Mike because she isn't the center of their universe at that moment.

CalAggie

CalAggie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 3:31 PM

I thought Peggy seemed to have difficulty speaking the last time we saw her -- the Thanksgiving episode, which would have been taped in about August. I was wondering if she had had a slight stroke. I think that was why there were those strange Kayla scenes, just before Christmas. They were actually meant for Peggy.

Carrie, Jennifer Sami and Melanie need to start a club, they all need a couple of guys paying court to her, and they all get bored easily.

I read that GH is pretty close to gone. And the other day my paper's entertainment section had an article about NBC primetime. This year's primetime shows are doing even worse than last year's. And this has been a trend for about seven years. The last hit show was six years ago. So, with NBC primetime doing poorly, and with ABC probably going to have no soaps, I can easily see Comcast/NBC axing DAYS as well. The show losing viewers. And MarDar are almost or as incompetent as Dena. And since I do not see NBC with its problems having the resources to help Corday buy out MarDar's contracts and hire someone new I fear we are stuck with them through May, which means their stories through the end of September. And I even fear that they might have longer than a year contract and that Day's remaining time will be under their stories.

murrrrr

murrrrr

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 3:47 PM

I am not opposed to a Rafe/Carrie hookup, but I hated the convoluted set up with the heat and ice. I had already gotten they were attracted to each other a long time ago. I didn't need to be hit over the head....on second thought, Rafe probably needed a blow to the head to figure it out, so nevermind. It is all very soapy I guess.

That was down right embarrassing to watch!

I thought Peggy seemed to have difficulty speaking the last time we saw her -- the Thanksgiving episode, which would have been taped in about August. I was wondering if she had had a slight stroke. I think that was why there were those strange Kayla scenes, just before Christmas. They were actually meant for Peggy.

The last time I remember seeing her, all she did was sit on a bar stool. I wondered if she had had an accident.

MarigoldSkye

MarigoldSkye

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 4:16 PM

Oh, man, did I enjoy those Carrie and Rafe scenes today. The closeups of Carrie's breasts and Rafe's rump were the icing on the cake. I haven't laughed so hard at Days in a while. And this is coming from someone who actually wouldn't mind them "going there" with R/C. I have seen glimmers of spark between Rafe and Carrie for a while, sometimes I think it's even unintended and just something I've picked up, but today was just waaaaaay too much. It reminded me of that hilarious day (or was it two) a few years ago where Lucas and Sami were daydreaming about each other and Carrie and Austin were dreaming about each other, and everyone was hot and bothered but Lucas was with Carrie at the time and Sami was with Austin. It was like a mishmash of hot mess, and today's Cafe sweaty scenes reminded me of it.

I really enjoyed the Will and Sonny and..Matteo? scenes today, especially when Sonny said Will's "not there yet". It was so nice to see Will smiling and happy and excited about something, if even for a moment. I feel bad for him.

Edited by MarigoldSkye, Jan 12, 2012 @ 4:16 PM.

DS1

DS1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2012 @ 4:17 PM

I don't think Caroline can act, so I don't mind that we never get to see her.