Days Of Our Lives

• Please log in to reply

114833 replies to this topic

MrCecil

MrCecil

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:41 PM

No, nothing's worse than Sonny shooting his wife in the head...while giving birth.

Sonny's the equivalent of the serial killer on Days. You cross him and you get written off.

edited because I was OT, not that you'd all care or nitpick, but I like following the rules whenever possible around here.

Edited by MrCecil, Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:43 PM.

chris2

chris2

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:44 PM

This is pure speculation on my part, so I won't spoiler-tag it.

I think the killer will turn out to be Lexie. It makes sense when you think of the suspects: Abe, Maggie and Caroline were all happy to see her. With Tony and Stefano out of the way, she is the last remaining DiMera on the show, and they seem headed in the direction of writing this family off altogether considering Tony's exit. As to whether she's being controlled by Stefano or whether she has turned evil herself (or always has been, you know JERk), that's up for grabs.

I don't think it will be John or Marlena - I don't see them writing these two off the show. Hattie is a character that was on during JERk's absence and I can't see him utilizing that gimmick. We know it won't be Bope or any of the TeenStars. By process of elimination, Lexie seems like the most likely candidate.

rikraq

rikraq

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:52 PM

Ok I haven't watch the show in about 2 yrs, but now I find myself drawn back in.
I knew when I heard John say, "That's a fact", that I was home again.

Roman and Kate. Ew. Why don't these people spread their love/lust outward? Everyone is frickin' related to each other in one way or the other.

I like your description of Hope as Skeletor. Hee.

gemini_girl

gemini_girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:54 PM

No, nothing's worse than Sonny shooting his wife in the head...while giving birth.

Nothing will ever be worse than that. Hmm now I kind of wish they'd put balloons in the background when Roman died. Strobe light and balloons have to be like the holy grail combination of hilarious inappropriateness(did I just make up a word?).

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:57 PM

inappropriateness

My computer says that's a valid word. Yay, you! :)

No matter how trashy Bonnie looks, sounds, acts, or gets, I still think of FatButSlightlySlimmedDown!Paulina from Another World. I can't shake the shackle of that horrible memory from my mind.

Queen B

Queen B

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:09 PM

I can't decide if I love the Bonnie/Mickey sl because it gives Mickey airtime, or if I'm too royally squicked out by it to even enjoy that aspect of it.

Why don't Sami and Marlena have more scenes like that? If Marlena was my mom and I was Sami, not Belle (or Carrie or Eric for that matter), I'd hate her. She so rarely pays her attention. No wonder she's a whacked out goofball who is always talking to herself.

ChickenGrrl

ChickenGrrl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:14 PM

In the wake of Roman's death, Bo is made acting Commander of the Salem PD.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Scariest. Spoiler. EVER.
And Samurai!Tony? I love it!

Um, doesnít the bouquet toss happen immediately after the ceremony, rather than randomly announced by the catererís cleaning lady, like, three hours into the reception?

Yo, David, most of them DO happen during the reception (at least at the ones I've been to). I missed seeing who announced it (I'm assuming Paulina, I mean Adrienne, I mean Bonnie?), but no, that's not usually who does it!

No offense, TheCustomOfLife, but why were you so horrified by Fat!Paulina on AW? Just curious. I found it refreshing that they never asked her to lose the weight, but when she decided to, they wrote it into the script. I think she looks great now, even if we do see a little more of her, erm, cleavage than I'd like. Reminds me too much of my own.

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:22 PM

I wasn't really horrified by her, per se. I was horrified that the weight was on her for years. I'm overweight myself and not many overweight people get to be on the soaps. Still, I just thought Judi's Paulina, who once was relatively thin, kept the weight on for too long. I remember that she was still pretty chunky when the show ended, which was pretty much a full four years after she got pregnant.

Edited by TheCustomOfLife, Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:28 PM.

BettiePage

BettiePage

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:42 PM

Wow, are there no other cops in the entire city? I hope nothing happens to Bo, or they will be forced to put former model Skeletor Hope in charge of the police force. It's a sad thing when the police force is as incompetent as Mickey Horton.

Aliasholic

Aliasholic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:45 PM

Just jumping in to say that I think it's great if someone who isn't a size 0 gets a job on soaps, but I don't want to see every part of their giant hooters (barely missing the nipples) hanging out of a dress like Bonnie's appear to be in almost every outfit. Judi Evans should have SHOT the wardrobe person who put her in those silver pants as well. I thought they did a nice job with Patrika Darbo's wardrobe on Days, but apparently Judi Evans has two costars featured all the time in her wardrobe.

ChickenGrrl
In the wake of Roman's death, Bo is made acting Commander of the Salem PD.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Scariest. Spoiler. EVER.

Okay, seriously.....I laughed so hard I cried when I imagined the Worst. Police. Department. Ever., Salem PD, being run by the renegade Det. Bo Brady who either gets fired or quits the force every six months or so. That is HIGHsterical!

Edited by Aliasholic, Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:51 PM.

Douggley

Douggley

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 6:15 PM

God Bo, Hope, and John looked like the most awful incarnation of Charlie's Angels tonight. All three of them hear a noise, pull out their gun, and start running around. I was rolling. Word to whoever said it was hysterical to see Hope packing. They give guns to anybody nowadays.

DavidK93

DavidK93

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 7:09 PM

God Bo, Hope, and John looked like the most awful incarnation of Charlie's Angels tonight. All three of them hear a noise, pull out their gun, and start running around. I was rolling.

Word McWordy Wordsmith.

Word to whoever said it was hysterical to see Hope packing.

That was me :)

MrCecil

MrCecil

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 8:20 PM

"Hmm, I hear a noise, I'm going to draw my weapon ever though most cops go their entire career without doing so." If John drew his weapon every time he heard a noise there would be a ton of squirrel carcasses lying around Salem. At least Salemites don't subscribe to the Harmony theory that every noise they hear "must've been the wind" even when it's a loud sonic boom.

Roman wasn't so much "fearless" as he was a little stupid today, treating "Tony" not as a serial killer, but more like a merry prankster.

kiddvideofan

kiddvideofan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:22 PM

I loved the countdown to New Years, 10 minutes after the fact. Even Alice snarked on Bonnie.

happy2b

happy2b

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 9:42 PM

Well, looks like this was the wrong show for Mr. Happy to start watching Days. He also got a good chuckle with the Charlie's Angels impersonation. Great comparison. Even so, I think I may have him hooked for a little while anyway. If for no other reason than comedic relief.

Okay, who thinks the killer is Phillip? His timing of coming into the reception was interesting.

CultureVulture

CultureVulture

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:07 PM

Wasn't Drake Ramoray's acting choice from the "smell the fart" school of acting?

I vote for Marlena as the killer. She is just giving me the vibe. Today more than usual. Especially with CopRoman so stunned when he saw the killer's face. Besides, JERk loves his anvilicious irony (or at least what he THINKS irony means). The clunkier the better for him.

gemini_girl

gemini_girl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:22 PM

So is John ruled out as a possibility for the killer?

I'm starting to think Philip is the killer too. That way they can just get rid of him since he has no storyline. It's either him or Marlena/Hattie.

Also ok Kyle Brandt and Nadia Bjorcan'tspellherlastname have no chemistry. Honestly they couldn't of just gotten Jay Johnson back for a few episodes with Nadia? That would've been nice and then Jay could've gone on his merry little way to nowhereville.

Country Girl

Country Girl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:53 PM

I vote for Marlena as the killer. She is just giving me the vibe.

Me too. Especially after the episode where Tony was arrested. Roman says that they're looking at the killer, and they don't show just Tony--they show Tony, Rex, and Marlena. Probably nothing, but it just seemed a tad suspicious to me.

Douggley

Douggley

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:01 AM

I was confused today. Was Marlena accusing Sami of being the killer? Because wasn't Sami attacked by the killer and she thought it was Lucas playing around?

Either I'm going crazy or the dead body of Continuity is lying bleeding next to Roman.

Marabet

Marabet

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:02 AM

Um, doesnít the bouquet toss happen immediately after the ceremony, rather than randomly announced by the catererís cleaning lady, like, three hours into the reception?

Every one I've ever seen has happened several hours into the reception. And I have been to/been in, at last count, umpteen gazillion weddings. So that detail would be correct. That isn't to say the show isn't a horrible piece of dreck. It is. But the bouquet toss happening right after the ceremony wouldn't be true to life.

Back to lurking now. Someone wake me when some hot Lumi action is finally scheduled to take place.

Edited by Marabet, Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:02 AM.

naepTV

naepTV

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:15 AM

I've discovered a new way to enjoy watching Days again. Any time there is a scene like the wedding today, when the regulars are in the background........watch the background!!!!!!! The conga line with Brady, Mimi, Belle, Rex, Shawn, etc? It was so pathetic, it was a pleasure to watch. It makes taping the show worthwhile!

And I must say, as good as Kate's screams were.....Bonnie has her beat. What a set of lungs. (And good dental work.)

SpchProf

SpchProf

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:36 AM

Hmmm - not sure I'm buying the Marlena as the killer theory. If you think back to the conversation the killer had with Maggie before her murder, they talked about things Marlena would have already known - I think a big clue from that conversation was how Maggie informed the person she was a recovering alcoholic and didn't allow alcohol in the house. And I don't really think Hattie was around long enough to establish a character for Reilly to make the killer - plus he has publicly stated that he wouldn't bring in a character to take the fall.

Philip's late arrival to his mother's wedding is a tad suspicious.

DavidK93

DavidK93

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:48 AM

CultureVulture:

Wasn't Drake Ramoray's acting choice from the "smell the fart" school of acting?

Yes! Joey claimed that Kristian Alfonso had taught him the technique.

Marabet:

But the bouquet toss happening right after the ceremony wouldn't be true to life.

Yeah, that agrees with what others have said. Thanks for the info. Really, I was just going on the strength of the opening scene of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

naepTV:

The conga line with Brady, Mimi, Belle, Rex, Shawn, etc? It was so pathetic, it was a pleasure to watch.

OMG, thank you! I jumped to the tape, and found it in the early scene with Lexie and Mickey. I watched it, like, four times. It's especially hilarious because the music in the scene has nothing even remotely conga-like to it, so the actors had nothing on which to base their beat. Nadia Bjorlin really seemed into it, though!

CultureVulture

CultureVulture

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:55 AM

Even better, you can hear the conga line dancers snapping to the music! There is so obviously no music playing. Hee! I loved that bit.

And no Douggley, you're not crazy, I also clearly saw the continuity corpse. It was lying between Roman's body and the lifeless form of Decent Writing.

Edited by CultureVulture, Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:56 AM.

ChickenGrrl

ChickenGrrl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:06 AM

It's especially hilarious because the music in the scene has nothing even remotely conga-like to it, so the actors had nothing on which to base their beat.

Well, David, CultureVulture beat me to it a bit, but from what I know (which admittedly isn't a ton, but I was in a {terrible} movie once upon a time!), they don't usually use music when they shoot scenes with music in TV & movies. Or, if they do, sometimes they end up putting in something completely different in post-production. For example, there was supposedly a band playing (off-camera) in the scene I was in, and the "actors" (I use the term loosely because "my" scene featured Don Cornelius!) had to dance to basically nothing.

But, who cares, really - all I really want to say is BWAH to Douggley and CultureVulture for "continuity corpse" and "lifeless form of Decent Writing"! Heeeeee!

Buttacup

Buttacup

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:08 AM

Wasn't Philip with Cassie when the killer was about to attack Celeste and Bonnie?

CultureVulture

CultureVulture

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:10 AM

You are absolutely correct, Chickengrrl. You don't play the music because you want to get a clean copy of the dialogue (as it were on this show). But background is not supposed to make noise, like say snapping their fingers because that is going to be picked up on the mic. So I can totally picture the set that day and I think it is a hoot.

CrazyUncleWilly

CrazyUncleWilly

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:13 AM

Yes, Phillip was with Cassie - but was he with her the WHOLE time? Cause I'm just convinced its him now for several reasons.

Queen B

Queen B

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:22 AM

The continuity corpse had the ever-loving holy hell beat out of it. Seriously, I watched today with a raised eyebrow (tm DH) for the entire episode. Very little made sense.

And between Days and Passions, NBC should run a "Camp in the Afternoon" campaign, as opposed to the old "Love in the Afternoon".

WTHL

WTHL

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:27 AM

I don't really watch Days but the eyebrow is so bad that even a DJ here in Detroit calls him the worst actor ever.

Edited by WTHL, Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:29 AM.