Passions

• Please log in to reply

25858 replies to this topic

ubi

ubi

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:37 PM

I was thinking the same thing today. Fox, Whitney, and Theresa should devise a plan to get Judge Reilly disbarred, or whatever it is you do to a judge.

I think the word is "Impeach".

Whitney is stung and hurt when she sees her mother kissing Julian, and plans to tell her father about her mom's betrayal! Will Eve be blown out of the water by her own daughter?

No doubt Whitney will spend years and years and years threatening to tell TC about what she saw... AT THE LOBSTER SHACK!

Do you think she and Liz will do some tag-team scheming?

DavidK93

DavidK93

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:54 PM

The Last Dodo:

Four-plus years into the run and NOW somebody notices this phenomenon?!?

On very rare occasions, I actually discover that I'm talking to myself out loud, and I stand there, aghast at the fact that I've become a soap opera character. But, it really does happen. Just, not constantly, as portrayed on Passions and Days of our Lives.

pretzels

pretzels

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:56 PM

I love how real everyone is. Rebecca expects people to come to her wedding and they all think she's nuts.

TV-Ho

TV-Ho

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:48 PM

This week marked a turning point for me. I now hate Grace (and her hair) and love Ivy. Grace seems more dense than ever, if possible. I loved how Sam replied "you said it" when she incredulously asked if Kay really hated her so much that she wouldn't call her mother about baby Maria's latest brush with death.

But I love our new wobbly-legged Ivy! She's so much prettier when she isn't spitting venom at everyone. Would love for Sam to fall back in love with her, find out the secret, but still pick Ivy over Grace. Then again, can I really wait until 2012 to see this happen?

Qwho

Qwho

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:42 PM

Just how many times this year has Luis & Antonio "tried to kill each other"? As much as Sheridan's deaths? It would have been better if Antonio was bare-chested and bare-foot as well, while they rolled around together. It would've been as fun as when Ethan, Chad, & Fox were all laying around in their underwear drinking beer in their LA apartment.

I just wish they would move Nurse Kravitz in next door to Tabitha and make her recurring.

Leanan

Leanan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:33 AM

Oh, and here's Grace: "So all this is happening just because I chose to be with David?" Well, uh...YEAH. I mean, you don't get the right to stomp around the house with permabitchface when YOU VOLUNTARILY DUMPED SAM.

Big fat word. And why was she acting all surprised that Kay wouldn't call her and tell her that Maria was sick? Maybe Sam and Kay should borrow the puppets used to explain things to Braindead. Speaking of him, I've said it a million times, but SHUT. UP. Sheridan was way too nice to him. I think I would've started beating him in the face if he told me that I wasn't really sure of what I wanted.

I'm also loving that Ivy's finally walking again, but I'll forever wonder how she was getting up and down the stairs from her second floor room all by herself.

I'd so go to Rebecca's wedding. It'd be entertaining, and I bet the food at the reception would be good. I hope she's not expecting wedding gifts. I'd bring place mats.

Holy shit, I'm a Fanatic! Oh look, my life is waving good bye to me.

Edited by Leanan, Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:34 AM.

CultureVulture

CultureVulture

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:21 AM

Chickengrrl said: Now, now, David, I'm sure there's plenty of you to go around.

I think the pictures from Freddie's last month in the DCTWoP organization thread can attest that there is. I kid cause I love!

On topic? I've been off the show for awhile, just following on the board, but are they actually going to have some movement on the eve/julian front? Because if we get Whitney finding out and her macking some more on Fox, I may have to reconsider the Passions ban in our household. But I suspect Whitney might just be Roundhead lite for the next 3 months with no progress plot wise. "I will get my REVENGE on her for doing this to daddy!"

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 3:48 AM

The double wedding was really a year ago this week? Wah, 2003 went by way too fast!

My 2004 Passions prediction is that Harmony will have 11 days during our year.

thestatic

thestatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 4:09 AM

I predict New Year's Eve will last until the final week of January.

ChickenGrrl

ChickenGrrl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:03 AM

Leanan, dahling, congrats on the upgrade in your status. I bow to your Stalkerism.

It is so weird to see Ivy walking again! How long has she been in that wheelchair/scooter now, 11 years? Or, oops, maybe the 11 days Screamie referenced. (I honestly can't remember how long ago it was that she got struck by lightning and fell off that telephone pole, or whatever. Maybe more like 22 days?) I've become so accustomed to her being "shorter" than everyone that it's almost odd to see her upright. But, go Ivy! Get you some Sam action! Don't know why you'd want to, since he's dumb as a bag of hammers, but I guess he could pass for hunky. I'd do him. As someone said of Miranda and Blair Underwood on the SaTC boards, Grrrrl, Get. You. Some!

And I'm with Leanan on totally wanting to go to Rebecca's wedding, even though I loathe the fact that she blackmailed my Jules into marrying her. You'd know it'd have to be completely over-the-top, and that something interesting/amusing would happen. And that dress defies description! Oh, and the food would definitely be delicious, if also downright bizarre. Although I haven't the bucks for a decent gift. I'd have to crochet them a toaster cozy or something. (Ear muffs for Julian, perhaps?) I could regift her the tiny tiara I got for Christmas, except that I love it. Maybe something in decoupage or macrame?

I loooovvvvvve the idea of Whitless tag-team scheming with Roundhead, what with their matching luggage and all: Suitcase and Carry-On of REVENGE!

Bec

Bec

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:10 AM

I don't know about that. Aren't the soaps usually pretty on time about ringing in the new year? And then it's new year day that lasts for ever and ever (usually ending when Valentine's Day comes along, y'all know how soaps love their holidays, especially Passions)?

I recall that the first Passions new year when Luis saved Sheridan from falling through the skylight at the Seascape restarant while letting Faux!Martin fall to his death was right before new year's eve. Then the new year's eve ep was just Tabby doing a recap of everything that happened thus far plus a clip show (which seemed like a lot of stuff at the time since they haven't had the chance to drag every storyline out for years yet).

But then, I hadn't been watching for the last couple of weeks. Does it look like they're going to get into the new year anytime soon?

BTW, Happy New Year everybody!

DavidK93

DavidK93

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 11:43 AM

ChickenGrrl:

But, go Ivy! Get you some Sam action! Don't know why you'd want to, since he's dumb as a bag of hammers, but I guess he could pass for hunky. I'd do him.

I've written to the actor, James Hyde, in the past, and I got back order forms for posters of him. These posters were the. Gayest. Thing. Ever. He was all lying naked in bed with the covers half-off, and the titles were stupid things like, "In Bed - Sexy!" Ew. Just, ew.

Bec:

I recall that the first Passions new year when Luis saved Sheridan from falling through the skylight at the Seascape restarant while letting Faux!Martin fall to his death was right before new year's eve. Then the new year's eve ep was just Tabby doing a recap of everything that happened thus far plus a clip show

Unless I'm mistaken, Faux!Martin fell through the skylight at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve. The clip show was a break in the action, and then when we got back to the plot, it was after midnight--so technically New Year's Day--for quite a few episodes while Sheridan and Luis agonized through their feelings of remorse and guilt at the youth center we haven't seen for about two years now, and then eventually it was morning.

swimmerboy

swimmerboy

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:22 PM

My 2004 Passions prediction is that Harmony will have 11 days during our year.

Well that's how long 2003 has lasted so far. 11 days, and 4 of them have gone by since November, which shocks me. But I don't think it's even New Year's Eve in Harmony yet, is it? Or have I not been paying close attention? Incidentally, New Year's Eve last year on the show lasted all the way till the first week of February. We know the double wedding was held that night, but I don't think there was ever a mention of the clock striking midnight was there? I kept waiting to see the requisite colored light flashes outside a window to indicate fireworks going off.

Pinwiz

Pinwiz

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:27 PM

It is so weird to see Ivy walking again! How long has she been in that wheelchair/scooter now, 11 years?

Ivy was struck by lightning when Tabitha, Timmy, Norma, and the dumbasses were all on Warlock Island. That was the summer of 2001.

I'm going to miss Ivy the Dalek.

And yes, I need a life.

sweetheart10723

sweetheart10723

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:17 PM

I think its about time for ivy to stop spitting vemon because we haev rebecca doing that enough and is it just me or does little innocent Gwen looking more and more like her evil mother as every epoisode goes by. i really hate how passions seems to drag on and on the same story lines for months i went back to school and when i satred watching it again 3 months later i havent missed a thing!passions should just be on the WB11

thestatic

thestatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:21 PM

I don't know about that. Aren't the soaps usually pretty on time about ringing in the new year? And then it's new year day that lasts for ever and ever (usually ending when Valentine's Day comes along, y'all know how soaps love their holidays, especially Passions)?

Passions always rings in the New Year with some sort of event happening on New Year's Eve, then the night lasts forever. Technically it's New Year's Day, since it's past midnight, but it remains between midnight and sunrise for weeks.

But I don't think it's even New Year's Eve in Harmony yet, is it? Or have I not been paying close attention?

I think Julian and Rebecca's wedding is supposed to be a New Year's Eve wedding.

Queen B

Queen B

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 8:14 PM

I think Julian and Rebecca's wedding is supposed to be a New Year's Eve wedding.

I'm shocked Rebecca would get married on a night that features that word/name so prominently!

Pinwiz

Pinwiz

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 8:42 PM

I'm shocked Rebecca would get married on a night that features that word/name so prominently!

BWA!

The previews made it look like tomorrow will be New Year's Eve or New Years Day. We'll see.

(How long did the Luisheridantonioth wedding last? Two weeks? Three?)

bonobochick

bonobochick

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 8:55 PM

I love how the promo has Rebecca tripping during her walk down the aisle and then Julian's snarky "clean up on aisle one".

Edited by bonobochick, Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:17 AM.

pretzels

pretzels

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 11:08 PM

I have to admit I agreed with Ivy and Sam when they told off Grace.

Leanan

Leanan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 11:37 PM

I just remembered something. I wanted to know what Ivy put in the soup that Sam brought home. Sam sounded like he liked it. Methinks it was something that will drop his inhibitions... and his pants - good ol' Tasteless Harmony Vodka.

I can't wait for the wedding. I want a closer look at whatever the hell Edna is wearing. Reminds me some of the horrible fashion at last year's double wedding. Charity, I'm looking at you and your road kill coat-thing.

is it just me or does little innocent Gwen looking more and more like her evil mother as every epoisode goes by.

No. I wanted to smack that smug look off her face when they showed up to take away Tiny Gay Ethan. I wish someone would tell her that it can be argued that it's partly her fault that Sara died.

Queen B

Queen B

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:22 AM

I wanted to smack that smug look off her face when they showed up to take away Tiny Gay Ethan.

Oh, word. As a mother, she should've at least shown concern for TGE, but she didn't even have it in her to do that. I don't know, maybe Liza could've played it better.

bonobochick

bonobochick

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:22 AM

Leanan, I completely agree with you about Gwen being partly responsible for Sara's death. I post on another passions board (at soapsite.com) and that has been debated to death. There are a number of folks that believe like Gwen that Sara's death was all Theresa's fault. I believe it was the fault of all 3 of them.

anyways, Gwen has worn out my last nerve. I did feel sorry for her initially after Sara's death. But when she showed up to Pilar's with the others to retrieve Tiny Gay Ethan with that smirk on her face... I was hoping Theresa would have smacked her along side with Ethan.

ChickenGrrl

ChickenGrrl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 6:34 AM

Re: Gwen's culpability for her own daughter's death: in the slurry, drunken words of my best friend on a camping trip several years ago (about something completely different, of course), "Thish ish what I've been tryin' to tell you...for yearsh." All three of those morons caused it, and they should all either (a) go straight to hell, (b) get the hell off my TV, or © leave each other the hell alone and get new fucking storylines. (Geez, Chickengrrl, cranky much?)

On a more humorous note, in this week's SOD (which I AGAIN received several days late, those asshats), someone posed the question, "I heard that several of the men on 'Passions' modeled in the past. Can you tell me which ones?" The reply: basically everyone. Of them men, we have Chud (Charles Divins), Braindead (Christopher Douglas, looking ghastly in something that looks like either layering gone overboard, a football uniform, or shoulder pads gone bizarro world), Luis (Galen Gering), Sam (James Hyde), John (Jack Krizmanich) and Hank (Ryan McPartlin). The women's "short list" includes Ivy (Kim Johnston Ulrich), Eve (Tracey Ross), and NuKay (Heidi Mueller). No offense to models anywhere, but even the Dallas Morning News's annual fashion recap yesterday had this quote about models, from Barneys New York creative director Simon Donovan: "They're better when they're silent. Kate Moss kept her trap shut, and it really helped her career." I do find it interesting, though, that, IMHO, the women seem to have made a more successful crossover, in general. But, also IMHO, it doesn't surprise me in the least to hear this; I've never exactly watched this show for the brilliant acting!

Again, no offense to MTA's (model-turned-actors) anywhere. And while I think this show has more eye candy than most, and wouldn't change that for anything, some of these people should definitely have stuck with their original careers. I'm just sayin'. ;)

Country Girl

Country Girl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:06 AM

Speaking of Gwen, what really bothered me was a few weeks ago when Ethan first said he couldn't help Theresa and she got angry with him, Gwen was all, "See how quick she turns on you when you're not on her side" or some such drivel. I've been stewing over this, and I just want to go, Bitch! Even if Theresa can't have Ethan, she'd still like to think of him as a friend--and the godfather of her child--and he betrayed that trust. How would you like it if one day Sheridan said, "You know what, Gwen, I really think Theresa would be better for Ethan." You'd be pissed and hurt, wouldn't you? And you probably wouldn't like it if someone said you were turning on her just because she wasn't taking your side.

Gah. Hypocritical bitch. [/rant]

bibliosylph

bibliosylph

Stalker

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:56 AM

stuff i'd like to see in 2004 Passions, as it comes out the end of my fingertips. probably i don't really, but i'm streaming consciousness just now.

Julian and Eve in bed together, with Rebecca listening (no, i'd really enjoy this. as long as it wasn't squicky on the eyes.)

Eve telling Gwen she can never have more children and alluding to the fact that if she'd stayed on bedrest like she was supposed to instead of reverse-stalking Theresa, she'd have a kid. (but i'm totally okay with the "everyone's at fault" theory. whatever.)

where'd Liz go? did i miss something there? i'd like to see her pregnant with TC's baby. can never be too many awkward pregnancies on a soap.

Antonio has an accident and must have his head shaved. or, he could just be forced to get a normal haircut.

let's see, Beth is a lush now, so she could get drunk and come on to, erm, Ethan! why? i dunno. why not? Antonio is too obvious. and it wouldn't be any fun if it was Alistair, him being unseeable and all.

does it seem odd, what with Passions the way it is and so forth, that there are no real lesbians in Harmony, only a couple vague old women? how about a nice young cute one shows up and begins to obsess over Charity?

i know these are not the most inspired ideas, but maybe you have more.

ChickenGrrl

ChickenGrrl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:58 AM

I think the pictures from Freddie's last month in the DCTWoP organization thread can attest that there is. I kid cause I love!

Well, CultureVulture (and David), now I'm really intrigued. I searched David's post for the link, but haven't waded through the DC con thread yet. Anybody care to post a link? I'd love to know what my dear GH/B looks like! ;)

thestatic

thestatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 1:37 PM

where'd Liz go?

Shhhhhh! Don't rock the boat!

Edited by thestatic, Jan 2, 2004 @ 1:38 PM.

mightymos

mightymos

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 2:12 PM

Am I hearing things? Or when Antonio was going off again about how Luis pressured Sheridan into blah blah blah, did Beth say, "The horse is dead, Antonio, stop beating it."
I swear I heard that but part of my new year's resolution is to watch less television. So by that, I mean the TV is on all the time, but I can't really ever look at it.

I love Julian.

bradtastic

bradtastic

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 2:21 PM

Noah/Grace Puppet Theater
Today's Episode: Harmony 2008: Part 2
[Last Episode: Grace and Noah talked about Grace and Ivy's impending nuptuals, Pilar, the Harmony Killer, and some other things until Grace had to hang up. And now, back to the Pippet theater.]
Kay: Hello?
Noah: Hey Sis, calling back. So how are things going?
Kay: Pretty good. Maria said her first word yesterday after that horrible accident that put Gwen in that coma.
Noah: Well, that's what she got for trying to kill Little Ethan in that bathtub when she found out that he was really Big Ethan's son. Then, in confusion, she kidnapped your child rather than Little Ethan. I keep on telling Theresa, if you had let Little Ethan wear those wigs once in a while, he wouldn't have been wearing his cousins Easter Bonnet that weekend. How loud was it when the Crane mansion exploded?
Kay: Pretty loud. I would have never believed that Rebecca would blow it up in revenge when Julian divorced her to marry Dr. Russel. But anyway, Maria's talking again so her vocal cords healed so she and Whitney are doing an album together under Miguel's new record label. What was it called again... oh yeah, "Manhole Records." Can you believe I used to be in love with Miguel? Then he came out of the closet after your little visit home. Well, that really shook Charity. She lives in just sits in the kitchen of Tabitha's house and acts like other people inhabit her body. Just the other day, she tried to kiss Reese saying she was John. Anyway, then I started to notice Fox and Whitney was being fed all of those drugs by her father at the same time. Can you believe that he was really controlling Pilar with all of that voodoo stuff in his shed? Then he made her try to kill me because I was onto how he was pumping Whitney full of steroids. I had to shoot Pilar and in the confusion, I destroyed the voodoo amulet. Then Mr. Russel got blown up in that explosion in the Crane mansion? Anyway, Whitney went to that rehab clinic for a year and then me and Fox started to fall in love. Well, then Simone got into her head that Fox was in love with her and suddenly I was a whore or something. Now Simone has it in her head that Big Ethan is in love with her when we all know that he's in love with Edna. I swear, we were all surprised when we saw Ethan and Edna making out at the Fourth of July carnival last year. Hey, Fox needs some help changing his and Gwen's baby's diaper. I'll talk to you later. Here, talk to Edna.
Noah: Oh, hi Mrs. Wallace.
Edna: Is that you Noah. Oh, the blessed angels told me you were calling. You're not like my wicked, wicked daughter! Can you believe she kidnapped Sheridan's baby with Antonio only everyone thought it was Luis's? Then she tried to raise him only then Precious, my sweet sweet Precious, secretly did a DNA test on my harlot of a daughter? Turned out that not only was Sheridan's baby Sheridan's and Antonio's, but my evil, evil Bethy was that way because she was the daughter of the evil Alister Crane. But then, Ethan and Gwen's marriage fell apart when we found out about his son and we got to know each other when I was taking care of the little tyke when his mother got deported to her mother's home county and her sister got sent in her place. It's funny that that Paloma looks exactly like Theresa. But anyway, then me and Ethan fell in love because the blessed Angel's heard my prayer for a strong handsome man with giant pectoral muscles. Then Bethy got off on a technicality and now she has less bladder control then I do so me and Ethan put her in the nursing home. Well, got to go. Ethan looks pretty hungry for something only I can give him. Here, talk to your mom.
Grace: So, honey, think you're ready to come home for good? I'll make you some Tomato Soup Cake?
Noah: Sorry mom, but I really don't think I can considering that big nuclear desert between San Fransisco and Harmony. See, I told you not to vote for Bush in 2004.
Grace: Okay honey, well, I'll just send it to you then.
[Dial Tone}

Edited by bradtastic, Jan 2, 2004 @ 2:26 PM.