Eastenders

• Please log in to reply

2387 replies to this topic

mayaroo

mayaroo

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2014 @ 11:34 PM

Current episodes can be found on YouTube, too, if you search for them.

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 12:12 PM

Ok, the rest of you guys in 2007land, go read all the spoilers right now because we have 7 years of Eastenders to discuss in only two months!  I read spoilers on Wikipedia so I know what is going to happen already.

Edited by M. Darcy, Mar 27, 2014 @ 12:14 PM.

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 11:47 AM

I spoil myself by reading Jane's recaps here: http://archive.walford.net/

:-)

When Previously.tv gets an EastEnders forum, I'll start posting/reading there.

Anyhoo, I found the Washington DC Metro version of EastEnders, figuratively and literally because it's called "Anacostia"(which is located in the southeast quadrant of DC). I had to lol because like EastEnders the series begins with a murder. The acting is a bit stiff, but it's an enjoyable series from the few episodes I've watched on youtube.

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 8:48 AM

I love Jane's recaps! I've been reading them for years.

Hopefully

Spoiler
.   We'll just make Previously.tv the new Queen Vic....with Den buried under the floorboards.

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 9:45 AM

So Kat is back. Zoe is upset that Kat wasn't there for her! hER! HER!  when she needed Kat. Seriously, would she have told Kat that she slept with Den to keep Dennis and that they killed Den if Kat had been there?

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 12:34 PM

Well, it is something that Kat might have done herself.   I guess going by the storylines they told Kat about, she has been gone a long time.  She missed Andy's death, the "miscarriage', Den getting killed and Dennis, Sharon and Vicki leaving. 

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 9:25 AM

We have a forum on the previously tv website!  Hope to see you all there. 

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 9:28 AM

Already signed up there as Milz.

I think if Kat were there, she would have killed Dennis and Sharon. then Den would have had to kill her for killing Sharon (because we know Sharon was the only child he loved.) And then Mo would have killed Den for killing Kat. And Chrissie would have killed Mo for killing Den. And then Zoe would have killed herself.

Edited by Milz, Apr 1, 2014 @ 9:31 AM.

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 10:18 AM

And then Alfie and Little Mo can date happily after ever!  Heh, just kidding. 

Spoiler

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2014 @ 11:32 AM

I do have to say this about Little Mo. When the Slaters first appeared, I thought she had some kind of mental defect because she was so mousy, but it turned out she had loser-abuser hubby, Trevor (who I thought was cute, btw). At least now, she's not as mousy.

Editing to add...

In honor of TWOP closing, I would like to hypothesize if EE ends, I want them to reveal who murdered Reg Cox.

Edited by Milz, Apr 1, 2014 @ 11:38 AM.

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 8:01 AM

At least now, she's not as mousy

Though, ever since Kat returned, she is sitting around looking like her best friend died and not one person in her family has ever noticed...or cared. 

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 12:37 PM

They do ignore Little Mo don't they?

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 1:23 PM

Seriously.  She is one step from sitting there with a noose around her neck.  Heh, though, they really seem to be also ignoring the existence of the other sister - not Lynn - but the other one they never talk about.  Though, they never talk about Lynn either.  Not even a - I got an email from Lynn today.

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 9:32 AM

Belinda, the one who's married and tries to act like she's not from the East End. That struck me as very Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced "boo-kay").

You're in the WETA viewing area too, right? I wish they show the EastEnder specials instead of Suze Orman, Wayne Dyer, etc. during Pledge week. Or even show them on WETA UK.

M. Darcy

M. Darcy

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 1:36 PM

Yes, WETA.  They should.  I think Eastenders is one of their most popular shows - they never ever interrupt it for pledge drives.   I think they fear our wrath if they mess with the schedule.

Promethea Again

Promethea Again

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 5:04 PM

Been reading through old forums before they disappear and today randomly ended up reading parts of this thread from 2004 - I had forgotten that I was even watching the show so regularly back then but apparently I was really into the Dennis/Sharon story. The show was so bad back then (the FERREIRAS!) and the thread absolutely cracked me up! Fun to see some familiar names still around - M.Darcy!

I also was amused to note that at one time I was having a rant about Ian Beale and saying that his then-young children were clearly going to grow into psychos due to his terrible parenting ... tick. And weirdly enough I read up to around when the Millers first came in and here they are being discussed again (last page). And I said that when Phil returned I would probably stop watching - I did, more or less, though like the rest of the UK I see it now and again.

Edited by Promethea Again, Apr 4, 2014 @ 3:57 AM.

mayaroo

mayaroo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 10:41 PM

In honor of TWOP closing, I would like to hypothesize if EE ends, I want them to reveal who murdered Reg Cox.

Milz,

Spoiler

Edited by mayaroo, Apr 3, 2014 @ 10:46 PM.

Milz

Milz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2014 @ 2:52 PM

Mayaroo, I don't know how I missed that! For a while in the late 80s, the PBS station I watched EE on was only a month or two behind the BBC.

M. Darcy, I think the EE fanbase in the DC Metro area is so strong WETA is frightened by them. lol. Along with PBS News Hour, EE is a show that's never pre-empted for Pledge Weeks. It's one of the few shows that's on WETA and WETA UK too.

Edited by Milz, Apr 4, 2014 @ 2:55 PM.