Conan: TBS or NBC, We’ll Follow Him Anywhere

• Please log in to reply

8721 replies to this topic

canuck027

canuck027

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

Conan definitely has a bald spot in back, but he's so tall that it's rarely in view. I do think he's been dyeing his hair for a while, only because I don't know any men whose red hair stays the same shade as they near 50. The color fades and grey starts to come in, making it seem even less red.

Maybe Male Real RedHeads go grey, but my 71 year old Mommy-Dearest had the same Hair Colour. And, so do I. We never dyed our Hair.

Dunno why the Canadian Comedy Channel moved Coco's Show a hour earlier. Damn you Candian Comedy Channel!

Edited by canuck027, Mar 8, 2012 @ 8:53 PM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 8, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

I don't often tune in but I caught the parody of the dog show entries. I was literally laughing out loud !

I found the segment hilarious. Each one was funnier as they went along. There are quite a few red heads in my family tree. My father's nick name was Red. His hair definitely got lighter as he aged, becoming thinner and softer in colour as the grey took root. Same for my Aunt. I recall her hair being quite orange in colour and either she started colouring it a lighter shade but it certainly changed.

Roseha

Roseha

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

Isn't tonight's show a really old re-run? I hope Conan isn't under the weather.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

It's from Sept & planned ahead of time (on my DVR guide, which never gets last minute changes). This is a scheduled vacation week. I hope he comes back with a haircut.

Roseha

Roseha

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:51 PM

Thanks braggtastic. It just reminded me of the time he hit his head and they put on the last minute re-run. Glad he's okay. I guess Conan's hair is getting a little long, heh.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 10:59 PM

The show is back & Conan's hair is worse-crazy long and fluffy. Sounds like tomorrow's show will be on the puppy set!

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

Anything to say about Ron Burgundy's appareance and announcement on the show last night? I do:

NEWS TEAM, ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!

Cerpintaxt815

Cerpintaxt815

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 11:54 AM

Yeah, that is pretty epic news. Sequels to Anchorman and Zoolander, who could ask for more?

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 9:33 AM

What happened to the puppies?

I thought Kate Micucci's interview was funny...girl crush enacted!

snav0561

snav0561

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:25 AM

I have been enjoying the show more lately. It seems like they have had more remotes, which helps, but I am loving the guests too.

I am tempted to try to get tickets for the shows in Chicago, but I don't know if I would have time to go down there.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

I'm sorry to miss remotes, but I just don't want to add another late night show to my viewing schedule. Any remotes you would recommend watching online?

I've been watching Conan's Q&A visit to the University of San Diego. It's around 75 minutes long, and I had buffering or computer problems or something around the 52-minute mark. But it's great. A lot of fun.

nowandlater

nowandlater

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

I have been enjoying the show more lately. It seems like they have had more remotes, which helps, but I am loving the guests too.

You can tell how enthusiastic we are for Conan by the number of posts this month.

I don't hate Conan, but I don't love him anymore.

I don't watch his show, most of the time, because it's on in primetime and because I enjoy The Daily Show much more (4 years ago, I never watched Jon Stewart or Colbert, but was religious about Conan).

I will, however, record the show when there is a guest I'm interested. But all I do is fast-forward to the guest.

It doesn't hurt that I work in the entertainment media, and one of the TeamCoco people sends me an e-mail whenever something interesting happened the night before.

Roseha

Roseha

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 12:12 AM

If you have On Demand, it's easy to catch up with Conan on the weekend. That's when I usually watch him. Unfortunately they sometimes just ID the shows by a code number, so it's a little hit or miss.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 12:54 AM

He still gives the best interviews in the business. I like it even when he has B list celebs on the show. Good musical acts too.

Kaoteek

Kaoteek

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

I will, however, record the show when there is a guest I'm interested. But all I do is fast-forward to the guest.

Strangely, i'm kind of the opposite.

Conan doesn't air around my parts (Europe) so I only knew of him through the interwebs, and never really watched his show before it aired on TBS. When it started there, I watched for five or six of months, depending on the guests, but never really got into it : I'm more of a Craig Ferguson/stream-of-consciousness/improvised monologue & interviews kind of guy, so Conan's whole schtick, his rhythm, his delivery and his format never really convinced me to stick with the show. Recently, though, I gave it another try, and, while it still maintains this rehearsed/perfectly calibrated feel, it seems to flow more easily, and it seems less forced.

And yet, I still can't stand the usual mechanical "ask the guest to tell you a prepared anecdote, laugh for a while, plug his product, and end the interview" routine. More often than not, I end up fast forwarding through those interviews, depending on the guests, while on Ferguson (or Colbert/Stewart, even though it's a slightly different type of show), I usually watch everything, whether I know the guest or not.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 2:54 PM

Is Conan pre-taping shows now? Is this new? I know Marc Maron taped a segment that will air this week, but I don't know if it was just stand up or an interview segment. However, Conan is appearing on Letterman's show Thursday, so I'm guessing he'll be in NYC for the upfronts this week.

nowandlater

nowandlater

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 6:00 PM

Bill Maher complains about Conan tapings ...https://twitter.com/#!/billmaher/status/202475466890821632

violetion

violetion

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 5:08 AM

braggtastic and nowandlater, I believe both of these circumstances are because of Conan's Letterman appearance later this week which will be taped in NYC.

Edited by violetion, May 16, 2012 @ 5:12 AM.

nowandlater

nowandlater

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

Yeah, Conan spoke in NYC this morning.
http://www.deadline....asting-upfront/

nowandlater

nowandlater

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 6:00 PM

Preview: Conan on Letterman http://www.youtube.c...d4&feature=plcp

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

It was hilarious. Surprisingly, they didn't bash Jay too much.

RealityTivo

RealityTivo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 9:28 AM

Thoughts on his first night in Chicago? It really wasn't very funny at all. The bit at the Irish Dance studio wasn't funny, nor was his interview with Jack McBrayer. Hopefully things will pick up today

nowandlater

nowandlater

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

Thoughts on his first night in Chicago? It really wasn't very funny at all. The bit at the Irish Dance studio wasn't funny, nor was his interview with Jack McBrayer. Hopefully things will pick up today

Didn't love it. Didn't hate it.

I don't watch Conan regularly anymore. I tune in occassionally for the guests.

But, as a former fan, I'm over Conan. Or I've grown tired of him.

I don't see the point of having Jack McBrayer on as a guest.

He's Conan's pal. It's like a crutch. Why not somebody more Chicago-relevant?

itsclear

itsclear

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

I thought the first night was good. The bratwurst jump was a good visual. The remote was pretty good too. The kicking of the girl's face was quite memorable for everyone. Loved how she got some more tv time at the live show. Taytooos! Plus the "Italian" lady eating Taytooos while watching Conan dance was a nice touch too. All in all, the traveling Conan show is still an above average Conan show.

I suppose it's hard not to compare new Conan to old Conan, when Conan was new and some of his shticks weren't old.
Still, count me as one of the few who really enjoy it still!

Writer13

Writer13

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 7:41 PM

I thought it was pretty good as well. I always love Jack McBrayer; his Second City caricature was hilarious!

I've stopped watching Conan regularly, so it just may be that it was nice to see Conan again.

Misslindsey

Misslindsey

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

I usually DVR Conan, because I watch The Daily Show/The Colbert Report. I am watching the Chicago shows real time, because I live in Chicago and I tried to get tickets (and used any family member who would go to a Conan show, but alas I did not get them). So it is kind of sad watching the shows and wishing I was there.

I always love Jack McBrayer; his Second City caricature was hilarious!

I loved this, because I saw Jack when he was at Second City.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 1:01 AM

Conan and Jimmy learnin' the 7 year olds about the blues was one of the best segments! The edammame song and the one with the boy playing harmonica were fun! Especially when the balls were being tossed at Conan and the boy. The girl who told Conan that he "didn't live it" was funny (Conan made fun of a girl's story about her sister stealing her teddy bear).

The humongous bobblehead was fun, as was the g-string gun. The twist on the Masturbating Bear was ruined by the promo monkeys, though.

Andy Samberg was fun as well.

Loved the cow flying over the bridge and a little disappointed the "Picasso" fell short.

I'm curios about the next things lined up for the bridge tomorrow! Also, where the bobblehead ends up.

Cerpintaxt815

Cerpintaxt815

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 9:34 AM

I am watching the Chicago shows real time, because I live in Chicago and I tried to get tickets (and used any family member who would go to a Conan show, but alas I did not get them). So it is kind of sad watching the shows and wishing I was there.

Yeah I'm in the same boat! I'm in Chicago and really wish I could see him (I entered the lottery, but no luck). But I'm excited to go see the giant Bobble Head when they set it up somewhere. I think they should put it in Grant Park.

Also, I've been many times to that Irish Heritage place where Conan learned step dancing, and I always wondered why they had so many bars

Also I wish I could go downtown and see them launch things over the bridge!

Edited by Cerpintaxt815, Jun 13, 2012 @ 9:35 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Conan kicking that girl in the head was unreal, but kudos to her reaction. The wigs those girls have to wear to dance in are ridiculous. I can't imagine how much their heads must sweat.

I loved the remote with the kids & blues. Here's a clip behind the scenes of that remote.

Edited by braggtastic, Jun 13, 2012 @ 4:58 PM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

Seeing Conan in Chicago makes me miss The Sears Tower in Sears Clothing. It was just so absurdedly stupid but I loved it. If I rememger right, it ended up committing suicide via jumping off a building after one of Chicago's sports teams (forgot which one) choked in the playoffs.