Conan: TBS or NBC, We’ll Follow Him Anywhere

• Please log in to reply

8721 replies to this topic

music is my passion

music is my passion

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:02 PM

music is my passion - You could try to catch it when it plays on Comedy Central at 6pm the following day! But then again, I always tell myself the same thing and still end up staying up late when I should be studying or sleeping ;)

I live in Canada and we don't get Comedy Central. *pouts* Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Edited by music is my passion, Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:03 PM.

Princess Tanella

Princess Tanella

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:39 PM

mimp--if you get Star TV, it also airs the previous night's show at 5:00pm.

Toga

Toga

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:44 PM

I was watching the "40 Greatest Celebrity Feuds" on VH1 and it struck me as incredibly funny that Triumph was in two of them. I mean, considering he's a puppet and all. He was about 37th with his feud against the Pets.com sock puppet, and he was farther up the list with his feud with Eminem.

ETA: Conan made a brief appearance on "100 Greatest One Hit Wonders" making fun of the song "Cars," I think.

Edited by Toga, Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:50 AM.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:49 PM

Man, Tom Brokaw has a quick wit.

I had the tv turned down and my closed captioning kept spewing out nonsense. What did Brokaw say that kept making Conan stand up and look at the Christmas tree for strength?

Edited by Warden, Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:50 PM.

DoctorNeon

DoctorNeon

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 11:08 AM

They brought out COB last night for the Central Timezone countdown. Yay!
Amy Sedaris just couldn't wait to jump in Conan's lap. That tiger-cub, either. They all lurve Conie.

Zunnieflower

Zunnieflower

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:13 PM

I felt the Central Timezone Countdown as a personal shout out to me... and I celebrated it with pride by emulating Conan's dance.

I want a baby tiger! And baby turtles! SO cute.

DivineShorty02

DivineShorty02

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 2:26 PM

Ahh...New Year's Conan. I love the animal shows, especially with Jarod Miller. And Amy Sedaris is the coolest ever. I loved her dress.

Central Time Zone Countdown kicks ass. Most of TN thanks you Conan!

Macn Cheese

Macn Cheese

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 4:21 PM

Yay! Conan did a countdown for Central Time. Made me feel all special.

jenvalley

jenvalley

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 4:57 PM

Man, Tom Brokaw has a quick wit.

I had the tv turned down and my closed captioning kept spewing out nonsense. What did Brokaw say that kept making Conan stand up and look at the Christmas tree for strength?

I saw the show but didn't tape! Darn! I don't remember ever laughing so hard. Anyone who can quote those lines here will be my friend for life!

My first post on this thread, whee! *waves to all*

Edited by jenvalley, Jan 2, 2004 @ 5:11 PM.

DoctorNeon

DoctorNeon

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 6:40 PM

All kinds of idiot things. Conan said that Tom Brokaw's new sitcom was "Me and the Chimp", and Tom said, "That's what this interview was."
And Bill Gates is giving research funds, for cures for diseases, but he can't find the cure for what's wrong with Conan.
And Conan went up to the tree.

Edited by DoctorNeon, Jan 2, 2004 @ 6:44 PM.

DivineShorty02

DivineShorty02

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:01 AM

Wow, Ethan Hawke looks strange. Got a Skeletor thing going on.

Edited by DivineShorty02, Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:03 AM.

Zunnieflower

Zunnieflower

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:04 AM

Conan and the HoYay!

Senor Audacity

Senor Audacity

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 4:01 AM

Can someone tell me what Conan's taping schedule is? Because I remember Tuesday's show being a new one (he had a joke referring to Joe Namath's "I want to kiss you" comment during a football game), and then tonight just during his after-monologue (when he kvetches behind his desk just after the Max Weinberg 7 interlude) he made a comment about looking forward to 2004 and the audience started breaking into titters.

DivineShorty02

DivineShorty02

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 11:55 AM

He probably taped last night's show on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday were new shows. Thursday was a repeat.

During non-holiday weeks, the show tapes Tuesday-Friday at around 5:30 (I think. I've never been to a show.)

trainman

trainman

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 3:25 PM

During non-holiday weeks, the show tapes Tuesday-Friday at around 5:30 (I think. I've never been to a show.)

That is exactly correct, as I recall from back when I was closed-captioning the show...we'd get an audio feed of the taping over the phone line, and they'd always start within a few minutes of 5:30. (And then end within a few minutes of 6:30, since it's done "live-to-tape.")

Senor Audacity

Senor Audacity

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 3:55 PM

So on Monday they taped Friday's show, on Tuesday they did that day's show, Wednesday they did that day's show, and Thursday was a re-run?

DoctorNeon

DoctorNeon

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 4:42 PM

You worked as closed captioner? Cool. I always wondered if I wanted to work that job or not.
Any Canadians trying to score tickets to Ontario tapings?

trainman

trainman

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 5:25 PM

You worked as closed captioner? Cool. I always wondered if I wanted to work that job or not.

I'm still working as a closed captioner, and now it's been five years since the two months I was captioning Conan (January and February 1999). Unfortunately, these days, about all I'm captioning is "Days of Our Lives," Game Show Network's "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" reruns, and various mediocre sitcoms.

bonster

bonster

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 9:04 AM

DoctorNeon, I would love to get tickets. My mom heard there was an email address to request tickets, but of course she doesn't remember it exactly. I came here to see if anybody posted anything.

I also heard an ad this morning on the radio that if you watch the show this week on "The New VR" there will be some phone-in trivia contest.

Edited because I now know the difference between the bold and quote buttons.

Edited by bonster, Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:34 PM.

Morning Angel

Morning Angel

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 11:51 AM

I requested tickets since I was lucky enough that someone in my department sent a notice to all the graduate students about it. I haven't been watching Conan on a regular basis recently so I didn't even know it had been announced. Anyway the address to get in the ticket lottery is: conanintoronto@nbc.com You must make sure to include your name, address, phone number & email address.

bonster

bonster

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:27 PM

Morning Angel, you rock. Thanks so much!

Morning Angel

Morning Angel

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 2:33 PM

You're welcome.

Tonight, they're repeating the show that had followed Neve's birth with Tim Robbins & Natasha Hensridge. That was so hilarious. Conan was insane that night, and must have been quite drunk by the end of that show!

DivineShorty02

DivineShorty02

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 10:53 PM

I can't wait to see this ep again; it was so hilarious.

Jed Eye

Jed Eye

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:43 PM

Yay! a Conan thread! I've missed this show so much!

Does anyone know whatever happend to Carl "Oldy" Olsen. He hasn't been around for a while. I think someone told me he died but i'm not sure the source was accurate.

DoctorNeon

DoctorNeon

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:49 PM

Carl "Oldy" Oldsen died quite awhile ago. His name was William Preston.

Edited by DoctorNeon, Jan 6, 2004 @ 11:57 PM.

SW812

SW812

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 6:20 PM

hey, i was`just wondering if any of you knew the name of the woman who performed on Friday Jan. 2. It was Celtic music, she played the violen(sp?) and there was a whole band with her. I tried to catch the name but I missed it. If anybody could help me out i would really appreciate it. Thanks.

DivineShorty02

DivineShorty02

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 7:15 PM

SW, her name was Natalie MacMaster.

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 2:35 AM

Sorry to follow up with another question but do any of you fine people remember which guests were on the most recent episode that had Conan visiting Martha Stewart? I missed it the first time and am hoping it's one of the repeats this week / next monday.

Thanks in advance!

Decormaven

Decormaven

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 8:04 AM

Big props to Conan's staff for booking the Del McCoury Band for the Jan. 6 show. Del participated in the Louvin Brothers' tribute CD (my fav holiday gift), so it was a treat to see his band live. Whoever books musical acts for this show has a real knack for picking quality fare.

DivineShorty02

DivineShorty02

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 2:07 PM

2222, according to Interbridge, that rerun won't be airing this week or next. For future reference, the guest list for that night was Billy Bob Thorton, Nick Lachey, and Rob Krueger(the Rock-Paper Scissors guy). It aired on Nov. 20.