Guiding Light

• Please log in to reply

33292 replies to this topic

lunarleo

lunarleo

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 7:16 PM

Daytime Confidential. Hilarious tongue in cheek rant about GL going to the web.

Black Knight

Black Knight

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 7:37 PM

prican, I noticed that when Rafe was knocking on Olivia's door, he said "please." I would have loved to see the conversation that they would have had if Olivia had been home, but I think at least initially he was going to be civil and just try to get his questions answered. I didn't really see him looking at Olivia in the sense that you did, thinking that she's been taking advantage of his mother. That wouldn't really tie into what he overheard when he was standing in the field, Olivia telling Natalia that it's enough for her just to be near, not that she doesn't want to hold Natalia. (I know they were sitting at a distance and talking relatively quiet, but since Olivia's voice played over a shot of Rafe, that means he did hear at least that part, for all we know likely the rest of the conversation since he did make a thing out of pulling his earbud out, and Olivia's voice wasn't really any louder during that part.)

I mean, really, what does he see other than the two of them having champagne? From that distance can he see any real intimacy?

Well, Natalia doesn't just hand Olivia her glass, she holds the glass herself and Liv takes hold as well, so they're holding hands over the glass while Natalia's tilting it so Olivia can drink. It's definitely intimate and very sexy, especially combined with Natalia's attitude and how she's looking fixedly at Olivia's mouth as Olivia prepares to sip. Rafe wasn't far away at all, definitely close enough to see, and like I said before, I can see why that pushed Rafe over the edge. He's never seen his mom be sexy like that. And Natalia's behavior during that plus the way she looked at Rafe afterwards is what makes me feel that she subconsciously wanted to get caught. They were all to have dinner, she knew he was due any second, but she's all up on Olivia.

I liked that Rafe brought up the wedding to Daisy, wondering why Natalia didn't back out earlier. It makes it all seem pretty sudden to him, like, if Natalia had feelings for Liv, why did she wait until she got to the altar? Did something just "change" right then? But then what about the picture and presentation that seem to indicate that this was going on long before then? etc. We know all this stuff, but he doesn't. It also explains why he didn't go talk to Frank; he's not sure what Frank knows, in fact probably thinks he doesn't know anything (since Frank gave him a generic "it wasn't meant to be" type reason for the break-up), and sure doesn't want to be the one to tell him something like this.

Cam10

Cam10

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 7:51 PM

Must carpe these remaining JL Satur-diems. I loved Natalia’s what the hell reaction after Olivia mentions *gasp* no Otalia sex. If GL did a third version of that scene for bloopers, JL could’ve totally made it a whatchu talkin bout Willis moment.

Golden: Dang girl! Does nothing get by you?

Nope, nothing. I’m like Ninja!Rafe right now hiding out in plain sight on my laptop in the backyard. Like Ali, I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Actually, stuff gets by me on a daily basis. If a butterfly floated past me right now, I’d probably get sidetracked with this post and go follow it because… *runs after a squirrel instead*

Edited to Thank You pinkmartini for all those phone conversation clips. I never really picked up on how JL does that. Ironic, something got by me...again.

Edited by Cam10, Jun 13, 2009 @ 8:35 PM.

prican58

prican58

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 9:11 PM

I think at least initially he was going to be civil and just try to get his questions answered. I didn't really see him looking at Olivia in the sense that you did, thinking that she's been taking advantage of his mother. That wouldn't really tie into what he overheard when he was standing in the field, Olivia telling Natalia that it's enough for her just to be near, not that she doesn't want to hold Natalia. (I know they were sitting at a distance and talking relatively quiet, but since Olivia's voice played over a shot of Rafe, that means he did hear at least that part, for all we know likely the rest of the conversation since he did make a thing out of pulling his earbud out, and Olivia's voice wasn't really any louder during that part.)

I mean, really, what does he see other than the two of them having champagne? From that distance can he see any real intimacy?
Well, Natalia doesn't just hand Olivia her glass, she holds the glass herself and Liv takes hold as well, so they're holding hands over the glass while Natalia's tilting it so Olivia can drink. It's definitely intimate and very sexy, especially combined with Natalia's attitude and how she's looking fixedly at Olivia's mouth as Olivia prepares to sip. Rafe wasn't far away at all, definitely close enough to see, and like I said before, I can see why that pushed Rafe over the edge. He's never seen his mom be sexy like that. And Natalia's behavior during that plus the way she looked at Rafe afterwards is what makes me feel that she subconsciously wanted to get caught. They were all to have dinner, she knew he was due any second, but she's all up on Olivia.

BK, I like the way you think/analyze. I think the way he was looking at Liv is open to interpretation but on several viewings I see your point.

Good times.

Black Knight

Black Knight

Stalker

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 10:00 PM

BK, I like the way you think/analyze. I think the way he was looking at Liv is open to interpretation but on several viewings I see your point.

Definitely enough open to interpretation that I need to watch a few more times. Just to check out your point and all, of course. ;) It's all in the name of analysis. *cough*

Bacon

Bacon

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 10:11 PM

I don't read Daytime Confidential, lunarleo, but that was some funny shit right there. Thanks for sharing.

And I still think Rafe is a little clitblocker and I still want to smack his angsty, angry, entitled ass into next week just for the way he hollered at his mother. Bet you'll still eat her food, you little snotty gratitude deficient felon.

TV Guide

TV Guide

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 10:28 PM

So, what are the chances Dr. Carly Manning returns with her hot, helpful, be-dimpled nurse, Selma, in tow? ~ DioxinBlues

How about her hot, helpful, be-dimpled girlfriend, Selma? Dr. Manning's been away an awfully long time. ~ risingson

Dr. Carly Manning (Crystal Chappell) returns as Dr. Selma Sanchez (Jessica Leccia) joins the hospital staff. The beautiful be-dimpled Dr. Sanchez is an out lesbian surgeon with a baudy laugh, wicked sense of humor and opinions on everything. Will they clash or will they rock each other's worlds? ~ Solvay

I could certainly ship a couple whose name would be Carma...quite apt (in spite of the spelling), if you ask me.

Seriously, there were fewer caresses, Ninja!Rafe ruining the shot standing right smack in the middle of Otalia, I wanted to flick him to Neverland... ~ The Golden AN

Your wish is my command...okay, so he's not there yet!

ETA: Original pic from Disney

Edited by TV Guide, Jun 13, 2009 @ 10:41 PM.

LisaM

LisaM

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 10:38 PM

TNcd, Word to your entire post. I remember mourning Another World for weeks - loved the Corys and watched back in the days of Steven Frame's helicopter crash (my mother was convinced I was screaming about a real crash). I swore I would never get involved again with a stupid soap. I had watched CC on DOOL - loved the antics with Vivian, Ivan and the Alamains - but I was finally done with soaps.

Then I heard about Otalia - caught up on the entire year's worth of clips via You Tube in one weekend - and have been hooked and obsessed for months. I even got sucked into campaigning for a pickup (something I swore I would never do again after I campaigned unsuccessfully for the last show I obsessed about) and dutifully sent postcards and emails. Call me naive but, even after CC's announcement, I don't think that the GL pickup door is completely shut yet. We don't know the terms of actors' contracts and deals can be made to stand in second position.

If this is indeed the end of Otalia and GL, I will mourn again but will be thrilled to stop obsessing. If this is the end, I can easily foresee the entire soap genre following along within a few years. The viewership has changed too much and the networks have too many cheaper alternatives for soaps to last much longer in their present state. TeleNext has the chance to recreate the wheel here with GL; if they succeed, it could be the model for the industry; if they fail, it's another clang in the death knell for soaps.

I still haven't watched Friday's episode so I can't yet comment other to say that I love the idea posted upthread of Ashlee becoming Emma's new babysitter. I could see Emma easily outsmarting Ashlee and Ashlee running all over town looking for the love glue.

Edited by LisaM, Jun 13, 2009 @ 10:41 PM.

Flying Peanuts

Flying Peanuts

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 11:04 PM

In response to this, CC tweeted this:

It's already played out in my head

I thought you might want to know, since I know you've all thought about it, too. And, by "thought about it," I mean you blocked it down to the second.

Back to GL; after *mumble* viewings of Sex Talk and Sex Talk 2.0, I remain convinced Rafe didn't hear anything; we'll find out soon enough whether he has, but it would be both too far-fetched (given how far he actually was from them) and too skeevy if he'd actually heard any of the dialogue, no matter how innocent the snippet. I'm okay with the Ninja!Rafe stuff because it's ludicrous, but funny; the idea that he might have overheard something, though, is just wrong. There was plenty for him to see and from which to infer and understand everything: let's keep it at that, please.

prican58

prican58

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 11:06 PM

TeleNext has the chance to recreate the wheel here with GL; if they succeed, it could be the model for the industry; if they fail, it's another clang in the death knell for soaps

We don't know the terms of actors' contracts and deals can be made to stand in second position

I agree but somehow I think CC won't come back if there is a last minute reprieve. Gut feeling. If the Days contract is contingent upon GL's fate, then YAY! But if it's a done deal and GL survives then either CC is replaced or they kill her off or have the relationship fizzle and Liv and Emma leave town. None of these are options the fans would accept.

I actually hope now that GL is dead. No Otalia, no real need to watch. Otalia...accept no substitutes.

LisaM

LisaM

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 11:15 PM

If the Days contract is contingent upon GL's fate, then YAY! But if it's a done deal and GL survives then either CC is replaced or they kill her off or have the relationship fizzle and Liv and Emma leave town. None of these are options the fans would accept.

I don't think that GL survives without Otalia (CC and JL) intact. This is the pairing that generates the buzz being used to lure any potential pickups. No Otalia = no pickup. To me, the big question is whether the Days contract is in second place to the TeleNext contract and whether the specific terms of the TeleNext contract bind CC to a move to a network other than CBS or a broadcast network. Until we know that, I don't think that the door is completely shut yet. Actors sign backup contracts all the time, especially during pilot season when a current show's fate isn't yet known. The backup contract is contingent upon the first contract being null and void. Who knows? This is probably all just idle speculation but until TeleNext says publicly that it is over, I'll hold out hope.

mobtown girl

mobtown girl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 13, 2009 @ 11:31 PM

Back to GL; after *mumble* viewings of Sex Talk and Sex Talk 2.0, I remain convinced Rafe didn't hear anything; we'll find out soon enough whether he has, but it would be both too far-fetched (given how far he actually was from them) and too skeevy if he'd actually heard any of the dialogue, no matter how innocent the snippet.

Flying Peanuts - I agree. He was too far away (unless his Ninja!Rafe skills include supersonic hearing power). In any case, their body language said it all. You'd have to be blind (or as deep in denial as that TV MegaSite recapper) to not see the connection between them.

Black Knight

Black Knight

Stalker

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 12:18 AM

You'd have to be blind (or as deep in denial as that TV MegaSite recapper) to not see the connection between them.

Oh, wow. I just looked at the recaps for this week and they were so funny - but then I clicked on the recapper's bio and learned she has spina bifida and basically never leaves her house.

Visually the scenario was quite clear to Rafe, but whether he heard any of the conversation affects how he views Olivia. I agree that realistically he couldn't heard anything, but if so GL broke a basic rule of TV/film by playing some of what Olivia said during a shot of Rafe: With the exceptions of background music and voiceover narration, if something is audible to the audience, it's audible to the character(s) in the shot.

I actually hope now that GL is dead. No Otalia, no real need to watch.

I wouldn't go that far myself. Otalia is my favorite part, but I enjoy the whole show, have watched it on and off since the late '80s, and care about a lot of characters. It's true Otalia had the buzz, but the vast majority of GL viewers were watching before Otalia started. Basically, as long as JLH is writing, I want GL to go on. Plus there are all the great people who are going to be out of work otherwise, some of whom will have great difficulty getting new jobs because of their age plus the crappy economy. If TeleNext can pull a last-minute rabbit out of the hat, I'll be very happy. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

ClumsyGal

ClumsyGal

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 8:52 AM

Rafe coudn't have heard anything with that airplane flying over...

Cam10

Cam10

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 11:41 AM

My CC Sunday contribution is Olivia and Blakey shopping for girl stuff. Because ya know; a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do when the girl she’s gotta do is a Christian Tortoise (™ risingson).

I’m in awe of how GL handled the subject matter. Whenever I find myself in those type of stores (ahem, shopping for a stagette party or whatever), I wear inconspicuous sunglasses and laugh at everything like a dork. I’m constantly asking: “You do what with that?” Followed by: “Who the heck would use that?” But I digress. I’m still in shock that they even brought it up in the first place. Addressing the fact that women have needs and big ol’ horny ones at that. Oh my, the audacity – on daytime of all places. GL’s breaking ground relentlessly and I’m just thankful to be witnessing it play out for however long that may be.

Yeah, I gotta do it: FUCBS!

Edited by Cam10, Jun 14, 2009 @ 11:42 AM.

Calleigh2000

Calleigh2000

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 12:14 PM

Yeah but I think the Christian Tortoise is starting to feel pretty strongly that she has gotta do her girl too!

maryhartman

maryhartman

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 12:24 PM

Couple of blogs: LatherRinseRepeat on Olivia's pleasure purchase; and Snapper on the death of Maureen Bauer. I personally think GL jumped the shark when it devolved into the Reva Shayne show.

I actually hope now that GL is dead. No Otalia, no real need to watch.

I have mixed feelings about a NOtalia GL. The GL I bonded with beginning in the late '70s is long gone and, thanks to the memories awakened by the cancellation, I'm mourning its loss all over again. FUCBS! I was lured back to GL by word of the old-school Otalia storyline and so far it's delivered big time. If there'd been no Otalia, I would have tuned in for Phillip's return because he's an old favorite of mine. For various reasons (kidnapping mess, downtrodden Beth, cartoon Alan, Buzz's vendetta, Phillip marking time in jail, etc.), I'm not sure I would have been around to witness the improvements the writers subsequently made. I hate it that vets like Alex continue to be sidelined, but I'm enjoying the show as a whole these days and will probably check out any post-FUCBS version (although not for long if it focuses exclusively on the younger generation, with little or no Doris and other compensations). EW's GL is a radically different beast from my beloved classic GL, but it keeps me entertained for the most part. That's more than I can say for its sorry-ass competition.

There is no sugar-coating the loss of Otalia. It's devastating, plain and simple, and I don't think it's even fully sunk in for me yet. Which reminds me, FUCBS!

ripley9

ripley9

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 1:00 PM

Popping out of lurkerdom to share a vid (hey, I contributed to CC Sunday!) you can enjoy *mumbles* times without that nagging background disruption -- "Otalia 6/12/09 Rafeless" (subtitled "Sex talk without children"). Yes, for those who couldn't thoroughly enjoy their repeated viewings of the Otalia intimate talking scenes because of Rafe's squicky presence, someone has edited him out of the 1st part of Friday's scenes! You get a little bit of a Predator-like visual effect when he would have been moving in the background, plus I loved the random forest scene where Rafe's closeup would have been. Much thanks to YouTube user bobsfrankenbeans, and here's hoping they do the same edit job for the whole 6/11 -- 6/12 convo.

Oh I forgot -- FUCBS!

Edited by ripley9, Jun 14, 2009 @ 1:02 PM.

anomalys

anomalys

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 1:21 PM

The 70th Anniversary show goes well with the bittersweet feeling this CC Sunday. I'm not sure about the overall fan consensus, but I love this episode. I love this episode. A truly delightful way to celebrate and honor their history. Taking a look back... as bookended by Tammy's death in present day Springfield 2007. Proving once more that the heart of the Guiding Light has never changed.

With the introduction of the Bauers... CC appears as Meta Bauer from the end of part two and on. I just never want to see her in that pink dress ever again. And I mean that with much love. She is, of course, as awesome as always.

70th Anniversary pt 1
70th Anniversary pt 2
70th Anniversary pt 3
70th Anniversary pt 4
70th Anniversary pt 5

If watching this, again or for the first time, doesn't elicit a huge FUCBS, then you must be all 'FUCBS'-ed out. There's something profoundly soulless about not letting GL achieve its 75th Anniversary. If it had to be cancelled, I would've at least allowed it that amazing milestone.

Bacon

Bacon

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 1:22 PM

(And checking out the rest of bobsfrankenbean's channel is a must. Try "Maths". Nearly died laughing.) I think I need more of these wipeout the characters I don't want in the shot videos! Where was BF&B when Frank was always interrupting? Heh. That Rafe-less version is exactly what I wanted to see. Need the "both days" merge of this!

You know, in a strane way, the fucbs cancellation is a boon. I don't think we'd be getting this level of story otherwise. And real things, like buying vibrators? Never. It's interesting to see what a good creative team can come up with when there is less interference.

Black Knight

Black Knight

Stalker

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 3:06 PM

Because ya know; a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do when the girl she’s gotta do is a Christian Tortoise (™ risingson).

Bwah! Cam10, that should go on a t-shirt.

Whenever I find myself in those type of stores (ahem, shopping for a stagette party or whatever), I wear inconspicuous sunglasses and laugh at everything like a dork.

Heh. Once, my stepmother's cousin and I took my stepmother on a shopping day in the Castro, and we went into a S&M store at one point. The cuz and I had a good laugh over the merchandise, and then realized that my stepmother had vanished. We searched the store for her, and I started wondering how exactly I was going to explain to my father that I'd lost his wife in a S&M store. Finally we spotted her on a bench outside and rushed to her. She said the store had been a little much...

There's something profoundly soulless about not letting GL achieve its 75th Anniversary. If it had to be cancelled, I would've at least allowed it that amazing milestone.

I think it's a huge reason why FUCBS cancelled GL when it did, still several years away from the 75th anniversary. If it weren't for that, I think GL and ATWT would have been reversed, ATWT gone this year, GL next year. But that puts GL too close to the 75th anniversary, and FUCBS would look like even bigger assholes for either cancelling the show so close to the 75th anniversary or for cancelling it right after the 75th anniversary. So basically, they would've been stuck with the show for a few more years, and I really don't think they want anything other than the Bell soaps. FUCBS.

ArianaX

ArianaX

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 3:14 PM

I noticed the shaking followed by the nodding too, and I think that was driven by her thinking of the question from a couple of different angles. When Natalia asked if she was afraid, I think Olivia's thoughts went first to the physical aspect of sex, and she's not afraid about that, so she shook her head. Then she thought of the emotional aspect, and she is afraid about that - the intensity, the vulnerability, whether Natalia will freak out afterwards like she did after Frank - so then she nodded.~Black Knight

My take was a little bit different. I felt like the two of them were caught between what they thought the other wanted to hear, and the truth. Natalia said she wasn't afraid because she could see how uncertain Olivia seemed and wanted to reassure her, and Olivia tried to put on a good front about it by nodding but her instinct about trying to be honest with Natalia won out and she admitted that she's scared shitless about it.

I liked that, because I do think that aside from any natural nervousness she might feel about it has been compounded by all the yellow lights and uncertainty she feels like she's gotten from Natalia. And the build up to it in general has just kind of taken on a life of it's own for her that I wonder if part of her went to the idea of never having sex because if that were the case, then at least she wouldn't have to obsess and drive herself crazy about it anymore. Which is why she tossed the toy and went to go tell Natalia that she'd want to be with her even without it.

That is such great irony, too. Because throwing away the vibrator beforehand could be taken to mean that her intention was to give up sex in general, even the self-fulfilling kind, in the name of being with Natalia. And if you go back to her talk with Sister Anne, the idea of being a nun and giving up sex, that's essentially what she was offering.

After seeing Natalia's scenes in the bar with Rafe and Frank and everything, it struck me that it would be a really interesting twist if it turned out that Natalia wasn't really as conservative or inexperienced as she might have lead people to believe or given the impression. That sweet and innocent face at work again, I guess. It'd be hilarious if they finally got around to Teh Sex, with Olivia having it in her head that she's still not certain it's okay and being completely tentative only to have Natalia be much more in touch with her sexuality than she has let on.

Or maybe I just want that, because I think Olivia deserves to just get turned out after how incredibly good she's been throughout all this process.

Sally4th

Sally4th

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 3:30 PM

it struck me that it would be a really interesting twist if it turned out that Natalia wasn't really as conservative or inexperienced as she might have lead people to believe or given the impression.

I want this, and - based on JL's sly, carefully sensual scenes last week - I can envision an 'Olivia gets turned out, asks for the plate number of the sex truck that just ran her over' turn of events. That would be both hot and hilarious, and I agree with ArianaX that patient, faithful Olivia has truly effing earned such a pleasantly carnal surprise.

I loved those 70th Anny vids with BE as Irna! That was the first and only time I looked at Beth Ehlers and went "Whoa. Who you, lady?"

Black Knight

Black Knight

Stalker

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 3:52 PM

it struck me that it would be a really interesting twist if it turned out that Natalia wasn't really as conservative or inexperienced as she might have lead people to believe or given the impression. That sweet and innocent face at work again, I guess. It'd be hilarious if they finally got around to Teh Sex, with Olivia having it in her head that she's still not certain it's okay and being completely tentative only to have Natalia be much more in touch with her sexuality than she has let on.

I think I'd find it more annoying than anything, because it would really make Natalia seem like a total tease and would contrast especially poorly with Liv's determination not to play games. There's nothing wrong with a little coyness, it can spice things up, but firstly, it really works when both parties understand it's an act and are therefore in on the fun together, and secondly, Natalia would have kept up this act for way too long. It's been months, and it would make her look horribly inconsiderate of Olivia when Olivia has tried to be really considerate of Natalia. Not to mention the questions it would raise about how well Olivia truly knows Natalia, then, and whether she's in love with the real Natalia or just a false image. Hmmm, now that you've got me thinking about it, I'd be a lot worse than annoyed.

Or maybe I just want that, because I think Olivia deserves to just get turned out after how incredibly good she's been throughout all this process.

I would love to see them both get turned out. But Natalia doesn't need to have had more experience than we believe for their lovemaking to blow Liv's mind. Once they go into it I expect they'll just end up swept away, whatever their fears were beforehand. Natalia knows Olivia so well, and sheer unadulterated passion goes a long, long way, so I think it's totally plausible for her to turn Liv out without any "surprises" about Natalia's previous experience or fears. (Well, Olivia probably won't relax completely until afterwards when she sees that Natalia is still all rosy afterglow rather than regrets and tears. That's really her concern, how Natalia will feel emotionally afterwards.)

Edited by Black Knight, Jun 14, 2009 @ 3:56 PM.

ArianaX

ArianaX

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 4:12 PM

There's nothing wrong with a little coyness, it can spice things up, but firstly, it really works when both parties understand it's an act and are therefore in on the fun together, and secondly, Natalia would have kept up this act for way too long. It's been months, and it would make her look horribly inconsiderate of Olivia when Olivia has tried to be really considerate of Natalia.

If they were to go there, which would probably be unlikely, I'm not sure I would take it as Natalia being deliberately coy. I do think she has a wide enough streak of obtuseness that it's possible she wasn't really getting that Olivia took her caution as a sign that she wouldn't be interested in or open to sex. It could be that to her mind, the idea of saying she was in love with Olivia and thinking about moving in with her and everything implied her interest and willingness to go there. I'm also remembering now that she didn't really even have a firm, immediate answer when Olivia asked about the two rooms at the spa, in addition to having the line about how Olivia had no idea how much fun she could be.

I'm not saying I want it to be that she's got a totally slutty side she's been intentionally hiding, just that she's at least a bit more open and embracing of her sexuality than Olivia would necessarily be suspecting right now. I mean, based on their talk, I could pretty much buy that Olivia's still not thinking much beyond having the chance to touch Natalia. The idea of Natalia reciprocating, I'm not sure Olivia has even let herself begin to think about that.

Natalia knows Olivia so well, and sheer unadulterated passion goes a long, long way, so I think it's totally plausible for her to turn Liv out without any "surprises" about Natalia's previous experience or fears.

Very true. And maybe it could just be about her openness to the idea of intimacy and sensuality which in and of itself would probably still be somewhat of a surprise to Olivia at this point. But I do think that's as much about Olivia's perception of the situation as it is about Natalia being a tease or coy about things.

One way or the other, I would really like Natalia to be one of those quiet ones who has a completely different side that only one person gets to see. If her character is meant to be Olivia's true love, then she needs to have that decidedly carnal streak in there somewhere, whether it's buried, or hidden or has been there the whole time like a pink elephant in the corner, like the pregnant belly that isn't.

ClumsyGal

ClumsyGal

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 5:08 PM

I'm landing in the camp that Natalia is sexually naive...but what she has with Olivia is so 'natural' that when they do wind up between the sheets, Natalia will be introduced to her sensual side with ease.

My guess is she will wind up wanting to make up for lost time...

Flying Peanuts

Flying Peanuts

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 5:20 PM

New Sprack:

Rafe comes upon Natalia and Olivia huddled close together.

Rafe is confused and confronts Natalia.

Natalia realizes that her son knows about her relationship with Olivia.

Natalia tries to explain to Rafe that they were waiting for the right time talk about their relationship.

Natalia admits that she's in love with Olivia.

Rafe is convinced that Olivia somehow took advantage of Natalia.

Rafe turns to Frank after his talk with Natalia.

Frank is upset to learn that Natalia allowed Rafe see her and Olivia without talking to him first.

Rafe asks if he can stay with Frank - who agrees.

Olivia and Natalia sit down to tell Emma about their relationship.

Before they can talk to her, Natalia throws up and gets worried about her health.

Natalia has continued problems with Rafe over her relationship with Olivia.

Doris talks to Olivia about Rafe's feelings.

Doris decides it's time that she tell Ashlee about herself.

Seriously, Frank? Natalia needs to clear her decisions with you first? Go fuck yourself.

ETA: Unless the Sprack actually means to say that Frank is upset Natalia didn't talk with Rafe first, in which case...yes, I would agree.

Edited by Flying Peanuts, Jun 14, 2009 @ 5:50 PM.

Bacon

Bacon

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 5:29 PM

I love what Olivia said to nat about not wanting to see their current interactions as "waiting." She has her girlfriend's number! When everything on Nat's complete puzzleboard picture of "green light" falls into place- which is what she is pulling together now in order to proceed- (She wants it to "be right" and she takes this "very seriously") then I'm sure she'll be all in, and worship the sacred gift god has given her with all the love, skill, and alacrity for which the Christian Tortoise is known. It will, I'll bet, be an interesting mix of nervous excitement, newbie trepidation and shakiness, lots of sensual love touching and kissing, followed by ... is it possible to get my/her clothes off before I orgasm?

ETA: Indeed, FP. Same reaction I had to that line of the spoilers. Whose mentor are you again, Frank? Natalia's? No - You're RAFE's! Try to keep that in mind, you fucking TOOL! I know Frank D commented that we'd love him for what he does later ... but I hope he wasn't thinking of this. I don't know if and when he ever does anything in the end to help out, whether I will be feeling the gratitude. I'll probably feel the "Whatever. Thanks. But thanks more for going away."

Edited by Bacon, Jun 14, 2009 @ 5:46 PM.

molsongrrrl

molsongrrrl

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 5:40 PM

Frank is upset to learn that Natalia allowed Rafe see her and Olivia without talking to him first.

Seriously, Frank? Natalia needs to clear her decisions with you first?

I sort of read it that way at first too - but isn't it more likely Frank means Natalia should have talked to Rafe first before letting him find out by seeing Olivia and Natalia together - like the way he did? If I'm wrong - then hell to the yeah fuck you Frankfurter - but otherwise ... I cannot tell you how much it pains me to slightly defend Frank. Slightly because - either way this is none of his damn biz!

Flying Peanuts

Flying Peanuts

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2009 @ 5:48 PM

I sort of read it that way at first too - but isn't it more likely Frank means Natalia should have talked to Rafe first before letting him find out by seeing Olivia and Natalia together - like the way he did? - molsongrrrl

That...is likely, yes. It's hard to tell because of how the Sprack is phrased, but I hope you're right.