Guiding Light

• Please log in to reply

33292 replies to this topic

tpplay

tpplay

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2008 @ 1:24 AM

Someone posted if GA was coming back and I offhandeledly posted some of the reasons that he wouldnt.

Except you still haven't posted what actress would have to leave before he came back. So that toy analogy you made - right on.

And - I've been watching GL since 1965 when a high school classmate was cast on the show (Fran Myers as Peggy). Therefore, I am indeed a fan. And Harley - whom I've always thought was a hypocritical busybody - is a GREAT BIG FAT (NO - SCARY SKINNY) SKANK!

SKANK!

SKANK!

I actually missed Friday. Did Gus die on the bike yet? When Gus dies on the bike:

Harley: OH! I've gotta get out of bed. Gus died on a bike.

Cyrus: All right. I understand. Except - (kiss kiss noodle noodle)

Harley: But (gasp gasp he's just so sexy) I have to get out of bed. Gus died on a bike.

Cyrus: Of course. I understand. I love you. (kiss kiss noodle noodle)

Harley: But (gasp gasp) Gus (gasp gasp) died (gasp gasp) - oh screw it. Who cares if Gus died?

(mad sex ensues)

edited because I'm actually a grown-up

Edited by tpplay, Mar 24, 2008 @ 12:37 PM.

ScarletPrincess

ScarletPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2008 @ 2:43 PM

I actually missed Friday.

So did everybody else. GL was not on Thursday or Friday due to the NCAA basketball tournament.

LadyViola

LadyViola

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 24, 2008 @ 4:58 PM

I feel like this is a stupid question, but how can Gus be a viable heart donor for Olivia? Wouldn't his 20+ years as a smoker weaken his heart and therefore disqualify him? And the fact that we just saw this with Rick and Princey doesn't help. I guess GL felt like, OK, we killed Richard in a car, and we can't afford a trainwreck, or a motorcycle so....bicycle it is. And how long 'til they make this about Cassie and her loss of Richard?

Also, this Oliva/Jeffrey marriage is disgusting beyond words. Olivia's always been a desperate character, but she's hid her desparation behind the soap bitch exterior. I love that about her. It makes no sense that she would marry her rapist. Who did CC piss off to not only get a fatal disease, but a fatal disease of a husband as well.

I've never been a Gush fan (I hate Harley too much to root for her), and Gus will never be a Spaulding to me, but the thought of losing yet another Spaulding seems telling to me. In addition, RPG was great with the fans, and ticking off a big fan base while keeping on the unpopular Ava, Cassie, Remy, NuDylan (is he still on?), Jeffrey, Natalia and Rafe (Unless RPG's exit hopefully leads to theirs) reveals how little Wheeler and Krietzman care about the history of the show and/or what the fans want. RPG's exit isn't enough to make me turn off the show, but the disregard for the characters, history, and the intelligence level of the fans is.

Edited by LadyViola, Mar 24, 2008 @ 5:07 PM.

Nori

Nori

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 24, 2008 @ 9:04 PM

So considering the fact thatOlivia is marrying her rapist this weekI think I'll be hitting the sauce before each episode just to get through them. Who's with me?

It comes on at 10am in my area, too. But I think I'll join you in that drink. And after words I should just knock myself in the back of the head with the bottle, then maybe this shit will actually start to make sense. I'm begining to think that's what the writer's do.

NancyEss

NancyEss

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2008 @ 2:58 PM

If there's anyone here who watched OLTL today, I think we had a Ross & Justin Marler sighting. I wasn't paying attention, so couldn't tell you what was happening, but I looked up and could swear it was the actor who played Justin in a scene with Jerry VerDorn who now plays Clint.

ScarletPrincess

ScarletPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2008 @ 3:15 PM

OK, so now Harley is having money problems? Her credit cards have been cancelled? She just got that second mortgage, I don't see how that could have happened so fast (her cash flow issue). And if it has been a long standing problem, then she wouldn't have been able to get a second mortgage because her credit would have been bad. Such an idiotic story. And while I get Daisy being upset at Harley (and rightfully so) she has a father with money and two grandfathers that she could scam the money from.

Mnemosyne78

Mnemosyne78

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2008 @ 7:44 PM

It's like I got my Christmas wish early! The Towers set not only had more lighting, there were extras there too. Yowza!

Moving on...

I don't know if it makes sense to anyone but myself, but it's like the show(or the editor) has ADD. All the storytelling is so jumpy and schitzo. It's like I get that they want to take advatage of throwing as many characters into an episode as they can to give the appearance of ballance, but that doesn't help me as a viewer focus on any of the stories really. It's kind of like they aren't even stories, just a series of (almost pointless)vignettes that only tie in together because all of these people just happen to live in the same town. Anyone else get that impression?

And what was with that Bizzie sex scene?!!11! WTH man?!!! I've been trying to hold on to the ship because I hoped that once the scab work was done they could get back the AWESOME they were two months ago. But that pitiful excuse of a sex scene has just about killed it for me. Given that their relationship got started from a bout of revenge sex, today's frenzied coupling did not do the pairing any favors. If anything they especially shouldn't have had sex after Lizzie just learned that Bill and Ava had just recently gotten it on in the same bed. Come!On!Ew!

The thing that tears it is that the scene following it, with Bill asking Lizzie to move in with him, was rather adoreable and cute. I even smiled at how giddy both Bill and Lizzie looked at the thought of being together. It makes me want to pimpslap someone because it shows that despite the godawful writing the actors could pull off a really sweet (a word that you wouldn't think in regards to eaither character) falling in love story if only someone on staff had the talent to write it.

Do these people have a talent for tanking bankable couples or what? They should bottle it. Then go to Mordor and drop it into Mount Doom. Seriously.

Other thoughts: The make-up for Ashley was really nice today. The actress looked rather pretty and mature. And Dinah was wearing the hell out of that slouch hat. Almost made me want to buy one. That's all I got. The less said about Olivia, the better.

jen419

jen419

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2008 @ 8:11 PM

And what was with that Bizzie sex scene?!!11! WTH man?!!! I've been trying to hold on to the ship because I hoped that once the scab work was done they could get back the AWESOME they were two months ago. But that pitiful excuse of a sex scene has just about killed it for me. Given that their relationship got started from a bout of revenge sex, today's frenzied coupling did not do the pairing any favors. If anything they especially shouldn't have had sex after Lizzie just learned that Bill and Ava had just recently gotten it on in the same bed. Come!On!Ew!

The thing that tears it is that the scene following it, with Bill asking Lizzie to move in with him, was rather adoreable and cute. I even smiled at how giddy both Bill and Lizzie looked at the thought of being together. It makes me want to pimpslap someone because it shows that despite the godawful writing the actors could pull off a really sweet (a word that you wouldn't think in regards to eaither character) falling in love story if only someone on staff had the talent to write it.

I had the exact same reaction to those scenes. Exact. What frightens me is the possibility that TPTB think that Bizzie sex scene was the kind of romantic and passionate scene the audience wants. This romance SL is feeling increasingly forced to me.

Edited by jen419, Mar 25, 2008 @ 8:13 PM.

Mnemosyne78

Mnemosyne78

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2008 @ 9:33 PM

Oh good. I'm glad to see that someone else is thinking what I'm thinking. A lot of times I get worried that it all only makes sense in my head. :)

What frightens me is the possibility that TPTB think that Bizzie sex scene was the kind of romantic and passionate scene the audience wants. This romance SL is feeling increasingly forced to me.

ITA to a degree. It's not so much that it feels forced to me, it's that tptb are trying to create all these BIG MOMENTS without doing the work to make those money scenes work. Does that make any sense? And it's not only Bizzie that's getting the fast track treatment. A lot of stuff has been happening lately that my reaction is often "Um....wha". They go straight from PointA to PointC with no believeable transition whatsoever. Like that Gus/Olivia kiss yesterday. Seriously. Um...wha?!!! It was like RPG stoped talking mid syllable because he missed his cue and he had to hurry up and lay one on 'Liv....just 'cause. **shrugs**

The thing that irrritates me is that really nice things happen during DC and MR's smaller moments. I liken the "aftermath" scene to one a few weeks ago after Lizzie tells Bill how she let Sarah and Jon go. Once again it was just the two of them laying in bed together, Bill for once not being an ass and comforting her, and it was really, really sweet. I actually for once really got the impression that maybe SlutBoy really did have deeper feelings for Lizzie. To me those scenes mean so much more than these big dramatic and oftenly badly edited kisses and out of nowhere declarations. If only tptb would just let it happen organically instead of trying to telegraph to the audience what they think we should feel. Sigh.

Nori

Nori

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 25, 2008 @ 10:01 PM

There were several things about today that just didn't work for me.

First was Ava's bra in Bill's bed; did she plant it there or are the maids at the Beacon like the worse ever.

The second was Dinah's near cartoonish following of Alan; is the man stupid, is it not completely suspicious that she's everywhere he is. I don't care how poorly functioning her brain is suppose to be, but when you've just been set up, the first person you'd likely suspect is the person who's been all in your grill every other hour for the past week.

Olivia sent Ava to the court house to support Alan, Jeffrey sent her home to be with Olivia, she ends up in Bill's room being a bitch to Lizzie. Ava, worst daughter ever? And the way she goes after everything Lizzie has it begs the question; Does Ava want to be Lizzie or does she just plain want Lizzie?

Hey, Jeffrey, Dinah knows about documents no one outside your office and the governent is suppose to know about and you think nothing of it because she can't work a water cooler? I just figured out the water cooler in my own office. And last I checked I wasn't shot in the head.

Is it me or does Ashley and Coop always seem to be sharing their scenes with other people? Why can't this couple get any alone time? I can admit that it might be me; I prefer Coop naked and quiet and right now Ashley can make that happen. Also I can't figure out why these two people aren't having sex. They have the healthiest relationship on the show, yet they're not having sex. Why?

jen419

jen419

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2008 @ 10:34 PM

Also I can't figure out why these two people aren't having sex. They have the healthiest relationship on the show, yet they're not having sex. Why?

Forget about sex. How about showing a few signs of affection to indicate they are actually dating and not just platonic friends? Let's be brutally honest here. This *has* to be b/c TPTB are either afraid to show or think the audience doesn't want to see a larger (as my grandfather would say, zoftig) actress like CVZ in these kind of scenes. So they avoid any real romance by moving the SL at a galacial pace. By back burnering the SL. By having them rarely alone together. By making Ashlee be the one to cause the issues and problems to them being together.

It's not so much that it feels forced to me, it's that tptb are trying to create all these BIG MOMENTS without doing the work to make those money scenes work. Does that make any sense?

If only tptb would just let it happen organically instead of trying to telegraph to the audience what they think we should feel. Sigh.

Not only does it make sense, you've jumped inside my head again, LOL. Only I couldn't figure out how to say it. So thank you for saying what I was thinking better than I could!!!!

Edited by jen419, Mar 25, 2008 @ 10:44 PM.

DimSome

DimSome

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2008 @ 11:30 PM

If there's anyone here who watched OLTL today, I think we had a Ross & Justin Marler sighting. I wasn't paying attention, so couldn't tell you what was happening, but I looked up and could swear it was the actor who played Justin in a scene with Jerry VerDorn who now plays Clint.

I don't know who played Justin on GL (I took seven years off in the late 90s to about '06) but Jerry Ver Dorn has played Clint Buchanan for about two years now. He's finally growing into the role, though I still miss Ross. And Holly. And Blake. *Sigh*

ITA to a degree. It's not so much that it feels forced to me, it's that tptb are trying to create all these BIG MOMENTS without doing the work to make those money scenes work.

So true. I actually took GL off Season Pass during those scenes. Bizzie are the only reason I watch most days, but those scenes demonstrated the many problems this show has. The audience isn't allowed to cherish moments like these anymore. This whole show is being directed via fast forward. Don't know if I'm explaining myself properly, but Bill asking Lizzie to move in with him just didn't do it for me. They've endured so much drama over the past few weeks. Why couldn't we have a few days of bliss before they decide to shack up?

Guiding Light has forgotten how to play the beats.

I love a fast-moving show, but this show moves at warp speed sometimes. If I go to the bathroom, I feel like I've missed two weeks worth of episodes!

This *has* to be b/c TPTB are either afraid to show or think the audience doesn't want to see a larger (as my grandfather would say, zoftig) actress like CVZ in these kind of scenes. So they avoid any real romance by moving the SL at a galacial pace. By back burnering the SL.

I agree. Ashlee and Coop are the other couple I like on this show, but they receive little play. I think they're adorable, and Coop finally has life. Before he hooked up with Ashlee, I always viewed Coop as a stumbling block to...whatever. But they spark. So, of course they're not on my screen.

I love Dinah playing with Alan, but I do wish that Phillip was actually coming back. Hell, I'd even take Alan Michael (as played by Rick Hearst). Guiding Light is missing a center--a marquee player. Reva, much as I like her sometimes, just doesn't fulfill that role for me anymore. Now that Gus is leaving, I think it's time for TPTB to sink whatever budget they have left into an actor/character who means something to the history of the show. And then write for him or her.

And I'll end with this: I hate Ava so much. She's beyond useless. For real. Beyond.

Mnemosyne78

Mnemosyne78

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 12:43 AM

Guiding Light has forgotten how to play the beats.

Marry me.

You said in nine words what it took me two posts to say. LOL!

Mitch64

Mitch64

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 9:52 AM

I think your right about them being afraid to play this story with Ash and Coop..its almost like the gay couple on ATWT...two nice people, together, having a relationship, but you cant even see them kiss, much less show any sexual heat. Its like P & G likes to get publicity for these out of the ordinary couples, but they dont have the balls to go with it. Its funny too, I think Wheeler's GL is in a catch 22, it worships the ground that pretty but useless characters like Ava and Remy walk, its hard to play the "fat," girl romance..like they think all the viewers (all three of them) who tune into to watch boring hotties, will be turned off by seeing a big girl have a full, real sex life. As usual Wheeler is too stupid to figure out that most of her viewers look more like Ash then they do Ava so the rooting interest would be in her.

Though I do have to say, I know a couple of people on here like the boy, but I dont think that the Coop actor can generate sexual heat with anyone..he is waaaayyy too boring and bland. Pretty as he may be, the boy just can't overcome his blandness on screen, he is too uptight to show real sexual interest or longing (in the past his relationships have all been about looking down on his partner, ala Lizzie and Ava...and he is okay with that Cooper smugness and they have managed to avoid any scenes where he has to bring it to the table) which is what this storyline needs, an actor who really looks like he wants to f*** Ash from here to next week. Coop aint it.

DimSome

DimSome

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 10:13 AM

Marry me.

You said in nine words what it took me two posts to say. LOL!

I will marry you, Mnemosyne78, my boyfriend be damned! We can hate on Lillian together and talk about the olden days. For me, that only spans back to when Bridget was hiding in Nadine's attic, but dayum if that wasn't good soap.

Its funny too, I think Wheeler's GL is in a catch 22, it worships the ground that pretty but useless characters like Ava and Remy

When I tuned back in after a long hiatus, I was taken with Ava for a few episodes. But then she'd talk and ruin it. The character bugs and the actress is no great thespian, so I don't even notice the pretty anymore. Remy is gorgeous and harmless, but I resent him when he's on because he's a waste of air time.

Though I do have to say, I know a couple of people on here like the boy, but I dont think that the Coop actor can generate sexual heat with anyone..he is waaaayyy too boring and bland.

True. I only find him likable in relation to Ashlee. In fact, last year when he and Ava were planning to move to England, I was overjoyed! I missed about a week of eps, came back and saw that he hadn't left, and I was so pissed. CVZ is the star in that pairing. It's shameful that GL sees her size as a detriment to romance. Her charisma carries the couple.

SimoneS

SimoneS

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 10:19 AM

I'm done with GL, but if TPTB uses RPG's salary to rehire DAM (Edmund), I would start watching again.

Mitch64

Mitch64

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 10:54 AM

True. I only find him likable in relation to Ashlee. In fact, last year when he and Ava were planning to move to England, I was overjoyed! I missed about a week of eps, came back and saw that he hadn't left, and I was so pissed. CVZ is the star in that pairing. It's shameful that GL sees her size as a detriment to romance. Her charisma carries the couple.

Oh that was the Cooper gene that he inherited from Buzz, threaten to leave town but never does. Remember back in about 95, when JFP had the show center around Buzz, and he would threaten to leave town every two weeks???? Man, my hopes got up and then were dashed time and time again....sigh!

Agree that Coop makes a nice bland best friend to a main character, you know, a Wanda type character who we see every once in a while. The only good thing I can say about him is that he doesnt annoy the shit out of me, which is a step up from every other Cooper on this show..he just bores me, though I did love when they first brought him on and he was supposed to bring the angry selfrighteousness to the show, and he was driving that tractor to tear down the Spaulding mansion (uh..good plan you dope) and he was hysterical trying to be angry and threatening!!!

The funny thing is, I can see Ash having some good old sex, but I cant see pretty boy doing the same. CVZ brings a fun joy to what she is doing that she can pull anything off. She needs an acting partner who brings that same vitality to the scenes.

failsafe

failsafe

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 11:03 AM

The funny thing is, I can see Ash having some good old sex, but I cant see pretty boy doing the same. CVZ brings a fun joy to what she is doing that she can pull anything off. She needs an acting partner who brings that same vitality to the scenes.

James Scott.

ScarletPrincess

ScarletPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 6:53 PM

WRT to Coop and Ashley, I had posted earlier after the scenes with Blake (Blake!! Remember Blake???) that I was wondering if they were going the older woman/younger man route with Coop and Blake (Cake? Bloop?) but regardless, from that one day I was aware that they were going to go the route of Ashley feeling like she isn't good enough for Coop because she's not stick thin and gorgeous.

While watching today's show on my TiVo, a few other things made me go hmmmm...

1. What happened to the car that Alan bought Natalia? That was the only thing she accepted from him when they first moved to the mansion (where are Natalia and Rafe living now anyway?). Today they showed her with her old car that broke down.

2. If Dinah is pretending to be Phillip, was she also the one who was contacting Zack and having Remy drop off presents for him? If so, that's cruel.

3. These new sets are so small. Lizzie's bedroom in the mansion is smaller than my room. She lives in a mansion - they couldn't make that room bigger. Bill's room at The Beacon is also really small. The bed almost hits the wall and the bed looked like those smaller beds that you see in stores that sell bed linens. Also, when Bill and Lizzie started going at it, the door to the hallway was still open. No one on the set seemed to notice that.

Nori

Nori

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 9:38 PM

WRT to Coop and Ashley, I had posted earlier after the scenes with Blake (Blake!! Remember Blake???) that I was wondering if they were going the older woman/younger man route with Coop and Blake (Cake? Bloop?) but regardless, from that one day I was aware that they were going to go the route of Ashley feeling like she isn't good enough for Coop because she's not stick thin and gorgeous.

Okay someone help me because I got a litte fast-forward happy and missed it, but why is Blake concerned with how Ashley look. Who are these lunatics who buy books based on what the author's girlfriend look like? I'm a pretty healthy reader, yet I couldn't pick out any of my favorite author's spouses in a line-up. And even if it did matter, Ashley is a pretty girl. You don't have to be thin to be beautiful. There are a lot of skinny beasts out there.

Also, when Bill and Lizzie started going at it, the door to the hallway was still open. No one on the set seemed to notice that.

If they closed the door MR, DC, and the camara man may have suffocated.

Oh that was the Cooper gene that he inherited from Buzz, threaten to leave town but never does. Remember back in about 95, when JFP had the show center around Buzz, and he would threaten to leave town every two weeks???? Man, my hopes got up and then were dashed time and time again....sigh!

I could have gone through the screen everytime that bastard threatened to leave and never did. My hopes didn't just go up, I'd be giddy-school girl giddy. Marina has that gene, too. Not only did she say she was going to France she promised to take Cyrus with her. You just can't do that to people. Like recently with Jonathan threatening to take Sarah and never come back, I'd just shout at the screen 'Go, damn it, just go!'

Edited by Nori, Mar 26, 2008 @ 9:40 PM.

terris2030

terris2030

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 9:41 PM

I think the storylines have gotten as small as the sets. I've been watching this show since 1961, and I've never hated it so much.

butheircousins

butheircousins

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 9:50 PM

I just wonder how many more of the cast will jump ship? I have probably been watching GL for about 30 years and it's just painful to watch from both a story perspective and a visual perspective. I am just curious how much longer KZ will stick around.

Mnemosyne78

Mnemosyne78

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 10:05 PM

I thought it was very sweet and very sad when Lizzie told Bill today that finally she wanted someone who wanted her back. Because as much as the Dimples make me think naughty things, Bill doesn't deserve li'l Bit. Sigh. **lights a candle for my Lizam ship I'll never have**

I will marry you, Mnemosyne78, my boyfriend be damned! We can hate on Lillian together and talk about the olden days. For me, that only spans back to when Bridget was hiding in Nadine's attic, but dayum if that wasn't good soap.

Hee. That's ok. I think I probably started only a year or so before you then. My first concrete memories of GL consist of Roger being married to Alex and Mindy miscarrying his baby. But can we live in polygamist sin with Nori? Because after this:

I could have gone through the screen everytime that bastard threatened to leave and never did. My hopes didn't just go up, I'd be giddy-school girl giddy. Marina has that gene, too. Not only did she say she was going to France she promised to take Cyrus with her. You just can't do that to people. Like recently with Jonathan threatening to take Sarah and never come back, I'd just shout at the screen 'Go, damn it, just go!'

I think I'm in love. I don't know which part speaks more to me. I seriously thought I was the only one yelling at the screen, telling Jon to just kick rocks and get the hell off my tv already. And I like that son'bitch too! That's what made it so bad.

But I think I'm going to go with Buzz. Does it ever just piss anyone off that these bastards killed Nadine AND Jenna yet we got stiffed with Buzz? Please tell me I'm not alone on that front?

jase-bot

jase-bot

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 10:07 PM

The show has been so bad the last few days (well, more than usual, I mean). The Olivia story makes her look so beyond pathetic. And the "new look" has fallen apart again. It's back to that snuff film aesthetic.

Why does anyone bother with Beth or take her seriously? She always chooses the wrong man, a controller or abuser who will resemble Bradley. Any number of guys now, including Alan. Will Rick even know when Beth leaves him? He should've seen it coming.

And did they ever bother to explain what happened to Alan's lust for Natalia which started the whole dreadful Olivia/Gus/Natalia story?

Edited by jase-bot, Mar 26, 2008 @ 10:09 PM.

wandakat

wandakat

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 10:08 PM

Awwww. I heart Buzz. Mostly because I really heart Justin Deas, but I just adored Buzz and Jenna. They're one of my all-time favorite couples.

DimSome

DimSome

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2008 @ 2:10 AM

Hee. That's ok. I think I probably started only a year or so before you then. My first concrete memories of GL consist of Roger being married to Alex and Mindy miscarrying his baby. But can we live in polygamist sin with Nori?

My first memories of the show is the blackout--when Blake seduced Ross away from Holly! The was the first day I tuned in, and I was hooked! The Alan-Michael/Eleni/Frank triangle pulled me in, too. I know it's wrong, but I really wanted A-M to scheme his way into her heart. When he dated Marina a couple of years ago, I was nauseated often.

Seems we may need pre-marriage counseling, my love, because I'm about to admit something. I've already strayed. Wandakat turned my head with this:

Awwww. I heart Buzz. Mostly because I really heart Justin Deas, but I just adored Buzz and Jenna. They're one of my all-time favorite couples.

I heart Buzz! I know it's not popular around these parts, but I always have. In fairness, I did stop watching GL for several years, but Buzz Cooper is among my fondest memories. While most posters said Olivia/Buzz was gross, I cheered the geezer on because...he tickles me. Justin Deas is an amazing talent. I remember him on Santa Barbara (my 3 p.m. soap until it went off the air and led me to Guiding Light) and I've been a fan since that time.

Now, I'm off the study the character bios in an effort to determine why few people have love for Buzz. As far as I can see, the worst thing about Buzz are his genes. Frank is boring. Lucy made me throw objects at my television. Coop is dull. And Harley is the least sympathetic heroine in all of soapland.

Edited by DimSome, Mar 27, 2008 @ 2:12 AM.

BeckyEsq

BeckyEsq

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 27, 2008 @ 7:04 AM

Did anyone watch the American Idol results show last night? When they were performing "Right Back Where We Started From," my husband (of all people) reminded me that was the song that Blind Reva was dancing to when she hit her head on the mantle and got her sight back. LOL

ScarletPrincess

ScarletPrincess

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2008 @ 8:28 AM

Okay someone help me because I got a litte fast-forward happy and missed it, but why is Blake concerned with how Ashley look. Who are these lunatics who buy books based on what the author's girlfriend look like? I'm a pretty healthy reader, yet I couldn't pick out any of my favorite author's spouses in a line-up. And even if it did matter, Ashley is a pretty girl. You don't have to be thin to be beautiful. There are a lot of skinny beasts out there.

Nori, it wasn't anything Blake specifically said to Ashley. It was more along the lines of her telling Coop he will be traveling all over, having book release parties, doing interviews, hobnobbing with the rich and famous, and you could see Ashley kind of shrink back as if to think "he's going to be hanging with all these beautiful people and not want me any more." Nothing concrete, it's just the vibe I got from those scenes. Whatever happened to Ashley's case for rigging the election? Did they drop that story too?

Mitch64

Mitch64

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 27, 2008 @ 10:06 AM

But I think I'm going to go with Buzz. Does it ever just piss anyone off that these bastards killed Nadine AND Jenna yet we got stiffed with Buzz? Please tell me I'm not alone on that front?

Okay, with all due respect for the JD, Buzz Cooper fans out there! Oh lordy no!! Most of the characters I dislike are gone in a year or two or get little airtime (Lucy Cooper, Tangie Whatshername, Simon the Magician trying to act like a Spaulding) but much like Fletcher Reade, Buzz not only hung on but they totally threw the show to him for a few years! This troll like middle aged man playing a not very interesting character had the whole friggen show to himself for what, three years??? AND I think JD is insanely overrated, his acting methods involve either mumbling or spinning those short little arms of his, yelling and spitting! AND every love scene he has, he cant be bothered with spitting the gum out (hey Justin, nice of you to show up today) while he grabs his unfortunate parnter and nearly devours their face!!! AND they killed Maureen to pay for him!!

There, I feel so much better now. With GL being so damn cheap these days I am sure that the only reason JD and FD are still on the show is that THEY pay the show!

Mnemosyne78

Mnemosyne78

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2008 @ 10:22 AM

Well truth be told I've always held Lucy's existence against him. Not fair, I know. But I'm a bitch so...