Guiding Light

• Please log in to reply

33292 replies to this topic

Di675

Di675

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 11:54 AM

Plus, that celebratory dinner ain't gonna cook itself Natalia! No softball for you, get back into the kitchen, bare-foot and preg... oh wait.
understudied

Heh. And Daisy with "That'll probably take awhile, what're we gonna do in the meantime, huh?" when Natalie offered cooking for everyone. That line came across as so rude to me! How 'bout instead of playing softball, y'all pitch in with dinner? And, speaking of softball, what happened to the mitts? Rafe didn't have enough but Some Man was going to save the day and get some in about 2 seconds. Then when they're playing, not one person has one. I just don't get the point of bringing something up if you're not going to follow through. Of course, this applies to about half the show.

And that throwaway line of Olivia's - "he's gonna be ok!" re: Phillip. That makes about as much sense as Olivia not even being in the loop about the whole surgery to begin with (she had to hear it from Alex? And at another random "minimart run-in" that happens at least 3 times an episode?). So much about that show yesterday irritated me, but was thankfully saved by the Otalia bits and pieces - if I can manage to forget about all the BS surrounding that. Sigh.

MelGinPV

MelGinPV

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 11:59 AM

Ahh...thanks, efitall. Dang it all. That scene probably did get cut then...since the reconciliation and SF seal of approval on Otalia just had to be done at warp speed for some reason. Sheesh. At this rate, I shouldn’t be surprised then if Fr. Ray shows up at the FoL next week offering to officiate at their future wedding or to baptize Good Baby Cooper at the new inclusive church that everyone is now attending.

dc cubs

dc cubs

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 12:20 PM

CBS just announced that President Obama will be interviewed on this Sunday's 60 Minutes. Therefore, we know that the GL tribute will not be featured for the whole show. Some people are wondering if something will have to get bumped from this weeks show in order to get the Obama interview in as it seems this was a last minute addition to the show. If that's the case the GL segment might not air this week.

Obama to be on 60 Minutes this Sunday

efitall

efitall

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 12:28 PM

Hmmm, dc cubs, I'm not sure if the President will only get a segment. Maybe he'll take the whole show - I prefer this and have the GL tribute to be aired later (that was the original plan anyway). I'd hate it if stuff got cut again, and I'm not sure if 60 minutes is as giving with extra footage not aired. Nothing against the President - he needs to talk to the people and all.

Btw, to all the lurkers out there, mind making fandom secrets for GL? I thought that there would be a whole lot more in this last stretch as a sort of celebration. (but, I'm pretty sure that if you decide to submit around now that it won't get posted till after all of GL airs - poo, I should have asked earlier)

dc cubs

dc cubs

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 12:47 PM

WBTV Monday Summary

Frank invites Blake to the wedding through the online dating site but still is unaware who she really is. Blake replies that she is busy and Frank takes this as a rejection. Doris introduces her girlfriend to Ashlee.

Bridge and Nola arrive at the wedding. Buzz proposes to Lillian. Meanwhile Vanessa and Billy get ready for their wedding. When Billy and Vanessa learn of Buzz's proposal Billy insists they join weddings with them and get married today. Once word spreads of the double wedding everyone rushes to get there. They say their vows and everyone cheers as the couple's kiss.

Ed informs Alan that he can go home. Phillip asks Beth to be his date at the wedding. Jonathan explains to Alan that he still doesn't trust him. Alan assures him that he's a changed man.

There is still a chance Otalia will be featured as the wedding guests so I'm not worried that they aren't listed in the summary. Another huge WTF that Phillip and Alan are well enough to go to the wedding after major surgery but again I'll take it so we can see them interact with everyone.

I love that Doris introduces her girlfriend to Ashlee. I just wonder if Doris and the girlfriend are allowed to stand within 5 feet of each other and if any touching is allowed.

Edited by dc cubs, Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:01 PM.

pbear

pbear

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:02 PM

Doris introduces her girlfriend to Ashlee.

WTF? Was all of her lonely talk to Olivia just a lie? Because she was out to Olivia about being a lesbian, but had to hide a girlfriend? Or is she just u-hauling - met this woman after the softball game and they're already "girlfriends." Makes about as much sense as all the other storylines.

Fenbound

Fenbound

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:05 PM

My prediction for Monday: Every heterosexual couple will kiss at the wedding. Shock of all shocks will be that the censors relented and we will see Doris kiss and show more affection toward her new GF than Olivia and Natalia did during their entire relationship. Of course, Otalia will continue to touch foreheads...

Anyanka

Anyanka

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:11 PM

Doris introduces her girlfriend to Ashlee

Say what? This is why Blake tells Frank she's busy, right?

StellStell

StellStell

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:15 PM

Blake at least has talked to Reva a couple of times since Jeffrey's death, as Blake didn't get the same consideration after Ross's plane crash. The Blake/Reva friendship mainly came about due to Blake/Cassie/Harley, as sometimes Reva would tag along. Blake was Annie's friend more than Reva's, and they only started interacting during the Reva "pushed" Annie down the stairs story. Reva wanted Blake to help clear her, as Blake knew Annie was up to no good, but Annie was blackmailing Blake. Eventually Blake spilled all, Ross wanted to hurt Annie for hurting his darling Blake. The scenes where Annie broke down on the witness stand due to Ross going full barrel were part of Cynthia Watros winning Emmy reel. Once Blake revealed what she knew, Reva was grateful, so that may have been when their friendship really started, but they didn't really interact much again until Blake started to spend time with Harley and Cassie.

Thanks maryhartman CBS SID comes late in my area, so I haven't seen it yet. Blake ending up with Frank is horrifying, but I just remind myself that if the show wasn't ending Blake and Frank would break up eventually. She will find some hot person to shag and then tell Frank while he is a good man that it doesn't extend to the bedroom. That said even without verDorn being available, they could have made Ross alive, with Blake's last scenes finding out and preparing for their reunion. That would have been preferable to Frank, but it is what it is. In my world, Ross does come back, some time after the light dims, though sadly we never will get to see the actors play out that story. It would have been magical for those of us who invested so many years in that pairing.

Monday's spoilers. WTH Doris has a girlfriend. How did that happen? And yup will we see Olivia and Natalia kiss at the wedding, and that sounds way too fast, how long will this event be 3 minutes?

Edited by StellStell, Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:25 PM.

weltatem

weltatem

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:20 PM

I was wondering if this was the time CC(?) spoke of, with a house full of actors and no working toilet.

Seemed like CC ad-libbed a line yesterday I didn't quite catch - something like spending time in a bathroom might be nice, as the bathroom box was brought in. Any one catch the whole thing?

MelGinPV

MelGinPV

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:25 PM

Doris introduces her girlfriend to Ashlee

Uhh...damn. Props to Doris though! Girlfriend definitely knows how to work it! If GL hadn't been cancelled...makes me wonder if they would have turned Doris into the "Olivia" of the lesbian world?! :)

LisaM

LisaM

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:28 PM

Watching yesterday's show now....have decided I am just a big wuss because I can't stop squeeing like an idiot.

1. Opening scene with Natalia and Olivia discussing the movers and telling Emma - all I could focus on was Natalia caressing Olivia's hand on her shoulder and how they looked at each other. I know it is not a kiss but still... (Frank making weird eyes at the news that Olivia and Emma are moving back to the FoL just added to it.)

2. Thought that the conversation with Emma went pretty well but I would have loved for Olivia to mention Emma's M2M presentation as part of her explanation. That would have brought this conversation back closer to the beginning of their relationship. I know that JT stared kind of blankly at the news that her mommies were in love but I think she "got it" - at least as much as she could get for now. Does a 8/9 year old really understand what "being together" means? I would have liked for Olivia to say that they loved each other like "a mommy and a daddy do", which may have helped Emma understand a bit better.

3. Teared up at Ashlee's visit to Doris's office. Thought that CVZ (who I don't think is a good actress) did a good job explaining that she was still angry but wanted to start over.

4. The whole "Rafe is now okay with Otalia, helping them to move boxes and playing softball" plot point is too stupid for words. It is as if we skipped from Chapter 4 to Chapter 7 of a book.

5. Thought that Phillip and Beth were great - although that was the worst depiction of a bone marrow transplant (both before and after) that I have ever seen (and my best friend had one).

6. Teared up big time at Sarah putting her arms out to Lizzie.

Is it just me or is Mumbles mumbling worse than ever - and has JT picked up his habit? I also had trouble understanding a few words that JL said.

Mcat

Mcat

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:35 PM

It takes Otalia an entire year to get to the " girlfriend " stage and Doris does it in a flash?. I don't care. Why all of the sudden the interest in Doris' love life? Instead of showing us a meaningful bonding scene with the newly shacked up girlfriends, we are going to waste time on adorable Doris who has been backburned forever. Really? Now is the time to bring her front and center when so many ends need to be tied up logically?

Also, I am not an actress, and I do not understand the conditions that these actors were forced to endure with this new production model, but I fucking loved it. The gazebo scenes and the graveyard confession and all of these Peapack walks in the park would not have worked at the CBS studios. So, they can complain as much as they want, but I think it was a pure pleasure to watch, so I do give EW a thumbs up for it. I do want to give her though the other finger for screwing up a beautiful love story so majorly at the end. The demise of the show is due to the lack of romance in general and shitty writing. The Edmund murder? Really? Philip's incurable disease which had no symptoms until he was on his death bed, really? That elusive kiss which straight and gay people have been waiting for months to see and which did not happen could have been the salvation. I firmly believe it. It could have been the turning point. Starting Otalia a few months back could have generated the buzz and accolades the show needed to survive. Also, I see nothing wrong with the analogy of the plane crash that I guess EW used and which ticked off Kim Zimmer. So what? What did KZ want to hear? All is fine and we are going to be ok? Why am I defending EW when she sucked the life out of my couple? I am going through withdrawals already.

ocean1blue

ocean1blue

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:47 PM

I am just a big wuss because I can't stop squeeing like an idiot.

I have been squeeing like an idiot since Olivia walked in to that sonogram room last Friday. I have decided that I am going to just be a big mushball until the end.

I think that Emma did "get it" in all the important ways. She knows that Mommy and Natalia love each other; that they both love her; that they are going to be a family; that she gets to be a big Sis to little Emily and that they get to go back to her favorite place: the FoL. It was so cute when she said, "That is good news." I'm sure she will get the rest later as she comes to understand more about "moving in means moving in" and maybe there will be a question about why her mommies are sharing a bedroom this time. Would love to see her ask Nat that question!

drumstikkgirl

drumstikkgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:48 PM

Re: Spoilers: Doris has a girlfriend? Word to what everyone else already said about this. This just adds to my list of bizarre WTF? things GL is ow trying to push.

Does a 8/9 year old really understand what "being together" means? I would have liked for Olivia to say that they loved each other like "a mommy and a daddy do", which may have helped Emma understand a bit better.

Yeah I don't get why they didn't just say it like that. Isn't the whole point of this label-less relationship to show that a same sex couple is just like any other couple? So why don't they show them explaining it as such? Emma has surely seen Olivia with men dating, she's knows something of marriages and knows about "butterfly" feelings, I don't really get the reluctance to make clear what Emma told them, it's not like she's homophobic. Maybe they thought she would get it from that. But what they said didn't sound much different from what they already did in the farmhouse. The held hands, and hugged, evidently snuggled under blankets for movie nights, said they loved each other and Emma called Natalia her other mommy too. So what exactly did they tell her? Being together for me is not really clear when everything they listed is what they already did, pbear brought up the same issue:

Emma: I agree, WhatAboutBen, that the convo with Emma did not really clarify things to her. Let's see: they are going to move back into the FoL but things are going to be different now because now Olivia and Natalia love each other and now Natalia is going to be a Mommy to Emma. So... what is different, exactly??

ETA: and Mcat:

Would it have killed the idiot who replaced smarty to include the following analogy, " Natalia and I are going to be together because we love each other very much. Together like Jane and her boyfriend ". What does it take? I did not even major in English literature and I could come up with a lame ass line like that.

They obviously don't have to be graphic, but what exactly are they protecting her from, (if they or GL is trying to show them doing that) by not saying what they would say to her if Olivia was with a man? Are lesbian relationships more illicit or dirty than others?

Edited by drumstikkgirl, Sep 11, 2009 @ 6:56 PM.

pipervali

pipervali

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 1:57 PM

Seemed like CC ad-libbed a line yesterday I didn't quite catch - something like spending time in a bathroom might be nice, as the bathroom box was brought in. Any one catch the whole thing?

I caught some of it too, and it didn't occur to me at the time to connect the two comments, but now I think that's exactly what she was doing. I take it their farmhouse location didn't have any running water at all. Cheapskates at Telenext no doubt.

everafter

everafter

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 2:01 PM

Ed informs Alan that he can go home. Phillip asks Beth to be his date at the wedding.Jonathan explains to Alan that he still doesn't trust him. Alan assures him that he's a changed man.

So that's it?!! That's how Alan gets the complete absolution? The man kills Tammy, tries to kill Jonathan TWICE, shows no remorse or guilt whatsoever for it and that's all that will happen to him?? Alan assures Jonathan that he's a changed man?!! WOW!! Screw you Ellen Wheeler! Alan deserved nothing less than misery. Heck he should have died on the operating table. This makes me so angry.

Mondegreen

Mondegreen

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 2:13 PM

Jonathan explains to Alan that he still doesn't trust him. Alan assures him that he's a changed man.

Okay, that is some serious WTF there. There's a difference between tying things up neatly and writing some ridiculous kumbaya nonsense. Jonathan should hate Alan forever. Forever. If he doesn't respond to Alan's "changed man" stuff with disbelief and suspicion, or better yet, by setting Alan on fire, I call bullshit.

LoveTeeVee

LoveTeeVee

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 2:25 PM

Ahhh La Zimmer! You never disappoint me with your bluntness! Love it. And Zimmer, we know it was Wheelie who gave you the crash landing analogy you said so in a couple of interviews awhile ago.

I caught some of it too, and it didn't occur to me at the time to connect the two comments, but now I think that's exactly what she was doing. I take it their farmhouse location didn't have any running water at all. Cheapskates at Telenext no doubt.

I caught it also! She said "It would be a nice place to visit" LOL. Flove me some ad libbing CC. It's hard watching Olivia sometimes now, because I can totally see CC merging into the Carly character, right before my eyes. I'm cool with it, since I know Carly and DOOL was my first soap, but it's like Carly and Olivia are on my screen at the same time.

So begins farewell happens here week..This is a fuck/sigh week for me. I've been watching GL since I was 6, part of that multi generational thing. I remember running as fast I could from my bus, that let me off at 2:58pm to catch the Annie/Reva antics. I also remember my grandma telling us to basically shut the fuck up, when the whole Ed/Lillian/Maureen drama was going on. Sigh and fuck man. This is really the end.

Edited by LoveTeeVee, Sep 11, 2009 @ 2:27 PM.

JustSomeKid

JustSomeKid

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 2:27 PM

That's how Alan gets the complete absolution? The man kills Tammy, tries to kill Jonathan TWICE, shows no remorse or guilt whatsoever for it and that's all that will happen to him??

Ugh, word. Alan, taken out of context, can be amusing in his mustache-twirling. But, even in the last few years, in addition to what he did to Tammy and Jonathan, look at what he did to Phillip! And even Gus! He set up his son to look like he was stalking Olivia and his own granddaughter so that she would help him try to nail his other son's fiancee. I hate that Alan's redemption is so easy, especially compared to what we've seen far less evil characters go through to earn theirs. A sob story about how damaged he was by his own cowardice and one bone marrow donation doesn't cut it.

Edited by JustSomeKid, Sep 11, 2009 @ 2:30 PM.

weltatem

weltatem

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 2:52 PM

[Alan's]sob story about how damaged he was by his own cowardice [one shoulder strap of black bra removed]

Speaking of Alan's sob story about how damaged he was by his own cowardice, it really is remarkable the degree to which most of the characters get to indulge in self-pity under the guise of what, insight? growth? pathos? They often seem to get a free pass from the writers and actors, who either mistake self-obsession for depth, or are blinded by teh pretty. It's a puzzlement. Orlagh Cassidy had a funny tweet last night calling Doris on it, but that's rare, from the very little I've seen of the soap world.

ClumsyGal

ClumsyGal

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 3:03 PM

I enjoyed the way Olivia was patting Natalia's belly yesterday. I thought it was very sweet and endearing.

I guess we're supposed to deduce that Otalia's FOL is now "THE" place to hang in SF.

Anyanka

Anyanka

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 3:14 PM

They obviously don't have to be graphic, but what exactly are they protecting her from, (if they or GL is trying to show them doing that) by not saying what they would say to her if Olivia was with a man? Are lesbian relationships more illicit or dirty than others?
drumstikkgirl

Why, of course they are. And the power of their illicit dirtiness is incredible. That's why lesbian kissing is x-rated and one lesbian handholding equals five times Bizzie sex and forehead touching is really, really pushing the subversivecakes limits. Considering TIIC's tendency to have characters make ridiculous remarks that then are implicitly condoned, see GM Tourette or male mentor madness, I take Frank's and Rafe's horror at the suggestion that Olivia and Natalia tell Emma about them as reflecting TPTB's belief that the toned-down version we got is all you can tell the innocent children about that forbidden love. Everything else in this s/l screams double standard, so why make an exception here?

Edited by Anyanka, Sep 11, 2009 @ 3:15 PM.

MelGinPV

MelGinPV

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 3:33 PM

I would love for Doris’ new gf to be the bartender from the gay bar who gave Liv the sage advice about staying clear of the heartbreakers. How great would it be for her to meet Liv and Nat at the wedding and at some point say to Nat under her breath, “So, you’re the heartbreaker?” Heh. Yes, I’ve accepted the fact that the writers will never really have Nat own up to all the emotional damage she caused everyone during the Nataway – but that would just be a fun scene to watch...just for Nat's reaction alone.

ETA: Preview video clip.

http://www.cbs.com/d...v...ay=true&cc=

Can't wait for next week!!

Edited by MelGinPV, Sep 11, 2009 @ 3:56 PM.

maryhartman

maryhartman

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 4:42 PM

Some people are wondering if something will have to get bumped from this weeks show in order to get the Obama interview in as it seems this was a last minute addition to the show. If that's the case the GL segment might not air this week.

60 Minutes typically does three stories per episode. According to their Up Next page, the GL tribute (described here) will share the hour with the Obama interview and a segment featuring Ted Kennedy, Jr. The segments are usually the same length, but the Obama interview may run a bit longer than the other two segments.

ems09

ems09

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 4:45 PM

So, was anyone around during the time travel storyline? Was that a real crowd pleaser? Could that be the reason we've all been transported back to the '50s? (I'm a game girl. I'm still trying to understand how we got here.)

Insomniac that I am, last night I watched a number of the YT clips that so many of you were kind enough to share. Some good stuff, some not so good stuff. I wonder if some of the longer-time viewers wouldn't mind helping me fill in some holes:

- Where's Marah? Have they explained her wherabouts, especially with all of these Reva tribulations?

- What happened to Lujack? Can it be argued that he was Beth's "one in a lifetime?"

-How long was Joan Collins on the show? Dynasty was huge when I was a kid. Loved her and loved that show. (Although, I wonder if it would play the same today because I also loved the Brady Bunch and that shit is actually painful to sit through now.)

-Is Annie Dutton still alive?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Phem

Phem

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 5:54 PM

Judging by the recap for Thursday, I think the person writing these has completely short circuited from the sheer amount of stuff GL is cramming in to each episode.

I'm sure they'll be on, but I'd love it if we'd get a few mentions of "Has anyone seen Olivia and Natalia lately?" and "Nope. Not for a few days." to imply that it's been nothing but MKS since the second the dinner dishes were done.

I'd like to see Josh's smarmy fantasy suggestions come full-circle in the following way:

Olivia and Natalia show up at the wedding and run into Josh. Natalia goes to grab Olivia a glass of champange.

Josh: So, I haven't seen you two around lately. You still...unpacking?
Olivia: Oh yes, lots and lots of...unpacking.
Gangsta!Nat returns and says to Josh: I think you and I both know how much Olivia enjoys unpacking.
And Olivia proceeds to choke on her drink.

I would like to cast my vote for Sister Anne as Doris' girlfriend

Prickly Pear

Prickly Pear

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 6:03 PM

Some more consistent viewers may be able to answer these better than I, but here goes:

Where's Marah? Have they explained her wherabouts, especially with all of these Reva tribulations?

IIRC, she went to Europe. I think they've mentioned her a few times, but in true soap fashion, out of sight, out of mind.

What happened to Lujack? Can it be argued that he was Beth's "one in a lifetime?"

That was so long ago, but I think he was killed while trying to rescue Beth after she was kidnapped (can't remember by whom). Vincent Irrizary returned to GL a few years later. Don't know if there was a big fan uproar or if VI just wanted back, but Lujack died onscreen, so they did the old "oh, we didn't know you had an identical twin by the name of Nick McHenry." He ended up involved with Mindy (Kimberlee Simms, not Krista Tesreau -- hmmm, not sure if I spelled either of their names right). As far as Lujack and Beth being "one in a lifetime" to each other, yes, many do argue that. I sometimes do, but Phillip and Beth have been around for so long together that I really don't see anyone else together but the two of them. It helps that Beth and Lujack were teenagers at the time, so you could chalk it up to mad teenage love. Also, the fact that Beth was played by Judi Evans when she was with Lujack and then by Beth Chamberlain most of the time she was with Phillip kind of cements the two of them together in my mind.

How long was Joan Collins on the show?

She wasn't on long, maybe less than two years. Honestly, I've never been a big fan. She seems nice enough and all, but I just never saw her as Alex, even less so than MD. Of course, I'm from the club that thinks Beverlee McKinsey is, was, and always will be Alex.

I really have no idea what happened to Annie Dutton. I watched most of CW's run as Annie, and then later briefly saw SC's Annie, but I don't remember what became of her.

anomalys

anomalys

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 6:08 PM

What happened to Lujack? Can it be argued that he was Beth's "one in a lifetime?" -ems09

Lujack died as a result of the Infinity storyline. The baddies had hypnotized Billy Lewis to kill his half-brother Kyle Sampson with the infinity symbol as the trigger. Beth and Lujack got mixed up in it when they chose the infinity rings, unaware of its dangerous significance, as the logo/theme for Lujack's music video. (They had noticed the symbol on one of their trips to the record company... one of Kyle's holdings... which was involved with the Infinity organization through Kyle's associates David Preston and, to a lesser degree, Suzette Saxon. The infinity baddie gave David no choice, so they seized upon Billy's dislike for his brother as the perfect opportunity to get rid of Kyle.) It all came to a head at Mindy Lewis & Kurt Corday's wedding reception... where Lujack premiered his music video. It set off Billy's programming and he pulled a gun, but during the commotion he ended up shooting David Preston instead. When Lujack figured out the connection between David Preston and Infinity, the big baddie kidnapped Beth. Lujack, with help from Kyle and Kurt, rescued Beth from the Infinity tanker where she was being held. But while Lujack was still on board, the infinity ship exploded. Lujack died in the hospital a short time later.

Beth & Lujack's final moments

I don't care how soapy it seems now, I still cry for Beth and Alexandra every time I watch them lose Lujack. I believe that Lujack was the love of Beth's life... original Beth, that is. For Beth Chamberlin's Beth, I can't imagine her loving anyone more than Phillip.

jace

jace

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2009 @ 6:35 PM

I'm just really pissed at the lazy-ass writing that is going on. It seems that not just the Stroller of Death has been yadda-yadda'd. Every. single. storyline is being whipped through at a frenzied pace. It just didn't have to be this way. If the writers had just taken half the time they took to turn Olivia into a stark-raving lunatic and spent the other half on some kind of healing/bonding for those Natalia left behind, then some of what's going on might make sense. Ditto for Natalia's return,

Yeah when JLH said something like we just ran out of time, I thought, no you just didn't plan it very well. These scenes could have been there today, just with better set up. Rafe and Ashley could have worked through this while Natalia was away. Olivia and Rafe would have come to a head fairly early on during Natalia's return, and then by the time the move in happened, it would have been believable that Rafe had dealt with it. And really, Phillip should have told people long before last week.

Oh and did you see This spoilery pic that's Father Ray behind Otalia. My wish does come true. I really hope we get some reaction out of him when he realizes what natalia had decided on and that Olivia wanted her back. It's so romantic really, their love couldn't be stopped.