Highlander

• Please log in to reply

1291 replies to this topic

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 1:00 AM

Are there any Methos eps between "Methos" and "Finale"? I'm going on tour starting the 15th and I'd love to get in more than 1 Methos ep before I go TV-less for 4 months.

soxom2

soxom2

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 4:29 PM

Caught part of today's ep - "Duncan, never be the best, because then everyone will want a shot at you!" Mmm, anvilicious!

Wake me when Methos gets here.

Oh, and seconding the love for PhantomChic's Methos ad. "Scottish clan affiliation a plus"? Bwah!

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 11:38 PM

Well, I've just watched 'Shadows' for the first time. I have to say it was a lot better than the Arihman's episodes; you know, the whole Mac is delusional and brooding and everything. Reminds me with most of Angel's episodes series. At least no ghosts. Angel and Mac should get together and form a band of brooding brothers.

When he almost whacked Richie there, I yelled "Not yet!"

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 1:31 AM

When he almost whacked Richie there, I yelled "Not yet!"

Very foreshadow-y. Though probably only in hindsight.

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 1:31 AM

ddp

Edited by PhantomChic, Jan 8, 2004 @ 1:36 AM.

cynicat x

cynicat x

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 10:27 AM

you know, the whole Mac is delusional and brooding and everything

I'll throw in my own self-pimping on the PC #81. A brooding, depressed Duncan--one of many. There's also a Sentinel shout out.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:35 PM

Hohoho, that's a good one.

soxom2

soxom2

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 11:40 PM

I did a Highlander entry for the pixel challenge! Unfortunately, Glark apparently lives in a different time zone than I do, so I didn't get it in on time. But if anyone wants to humour me, it's here.

BTW, I got most of my images here - I used so many, I thought I should mention it!

Edited by soxom2, Jan 11, 2004 @ 11:44 PM.

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 11:48 PM

Beautiful soxom!

Just a reminder that tomorrow we finally get Methos again! Yay!

AlejandraDD

AlejandraDD

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 12:25 AM

I go on vacations for three weeks and I return to less than two pages? What happened to you guys!

I have to say, that in this time I've seen four Methos episodes I had downloaded back in the day but I never saw and now I'm not sure if I want Peter Wingfield, Methos or both.

I mean, "because the alternative is unthinkable"? Where can I find this guy? Don't tell me he's fictional, 'cos I won't hear it. Lalalala.

I also saw the Methos and Joe show and the series finale. Man, I really really really love this show.

Blairish

Blairish

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 4:45 AM

I got to see Highlander: Endgame for the first time over the weekend and all I can say is that's 1 hour 40 minutes of my life I wish I could get back (well, 1 hour 30 minutes if you don't include the Methos and Joe stuff).

I simply can't get over how lame it was. The Methos/Joe stuff (of which there wasn't NEARLY enough) and some of the early Connor stuff were the only interesting parts of the movie. All the Duncan stuff was just a big steaming pile of crap IMO.

Edited by Blairish, Jan 12, 2004 @ 9:34 AM.

Arianrhod

Arianrhod

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 10:19 PM

Hee! Good one, soxom! I'd forgotten about your Paris blackout news broadcast, too. I think that one's still my favorite, even without a pretty Methos or Duncan picture included. I like the bit about the corpse remaining in the morgue.

Even after seeing Methos umpteen times, I still love that episode. Duncan wandering Paris while reading Satre never fails to amuse me, and I love that Methos called the cops on Kalas because he couldn't be sure who would win!

Heads up on the schedule. We've got some good ones coming up: Homeland and Brothers In Arms on the 16th, Double Eagle on the 20th, and Chivalry and Timeless on the 23rd (that's a good block, people!)

Ale remember back when you posted pics from Peter's appearance in XMen2? Well, I finally saw it during my vacation, and I was totally distracted in all of the scenes he showed up in. I kept saying things like "Oh! There he is!" and "Wow, he looks cute" and "No! Come back!" Good thing I rented it, 'cause that would've really been annoying to others in the theatre.

soxom2

soxom2

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 6:51 PM

Thanks PhantomChic and Ari! (For future reference, does anyone happen to know Glark's time zone?)

Finally got to see the Horsemen! (I had to wait until I was back in the city with Meg lest I wanted to be disemboweled). WOW. Did not disappoint. Wow. I had no idea Valentine Pelka was so freaking awesome.

Poor Methos.

elishavah

elishavah

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 7:28 PM

Holy crap. I just noticed the episode descriptions on the Spike schedule. Is it possible that they could give any more details away about each episode? For once I'm glad I'm already thoroughly spoiled.

However, wow am I impatient for Jan. 23 to get here so I can have my first glimpse of Chivalry and Timeless.

soxom2

soxom2

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 1:09 PM

Yay for PhantomChic for getting Methos into the latest pixel challenge! Hee!

Lady Alys

Lady Alys

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 1:18 PM

soxom2, Glark and Wing are in Toronto, so either Eastern Standard or Eastern Daylight Savings, depending on the time of year.

PhantomChic

PhantomChic

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 12:31 AM

Thanks! The wig just screamed out to me.

soxom2

soxom2

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 6:20 PM

That's weird, Lady Alys, because for now at least, I'm in TO too... ah well.

Finale today! Didn't get to see all of it, but I did catch one of my favouritest bits, the conversation between Joe and Methos about how no one will believe Christine. "Next you'll be telling me there's no Santa Claus." I ::heart:: Joe.

Also rewatched part of "Comes a Horseman." Damn but that's a lot of HoYay.

NikkiH

NikkiH

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 8:24 PM

Hi all. I'm still on page 42 of this thread, as I just joined TWOP, but I just wanted to say "Hi" to anyone who is still around. :)

Very cool banners you guys did last year. :)

I'm also a Methos!!!!! fan. I got into Highlander because of it. LOL I kept hearing people talking about this guy named Methos on other boards and I just had to tune in to see him. I'm glad I did. ;)

I also like Richie a lot. Even though some of his clothes were kind of ugh-worthy. :)

Arianrhod

Arianrhod

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 12:50 AM

The wig just screamed out to me.

Good one, PhantomChic! Poor Methos. He did still manage to look hot, though. Duncan's 70s hair was worse, but not by much.

Welcome NikkiH! A lot of us are still around, we were kinda biding our time until the Methos episodes cycled back again, I think.

soxom I cannot believe you held out so long on watching the Horsemen arc! You have iron will power, girl. So, tell us, what did you think? I remember being just floored with shock the very first time I watched it. I guess it didn't have quite that much impact since you were thoroughly spoiled, but did it live up to the hype for you?

NikkiH

NikkiH

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 1:37 AM

Thanks, Arianrhod! :) I wish I had come to this site sooner!

and I understand about waiting for the Methos episodes. He was the most interesting character on the show. Sorry Duncan!!

Ok, question. :) It may be dumb. Was Richie's first Quickening in the "Testimony" episode? I was kind of mad they didn't show it if it was. Even though the Quick-gasms(is that the right term? :) ) can look kind of funny. :)

Bitterswete

Bitterswete

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 11:55 AM

I've pretty much been waiting for the Methos eps to roll around too. I'm really surprised how late in the series he was introduced. For me, HIGHLANDER and Methos are so intertwined, it's hard to remember there was a long stretch between Tessa's death and "Methos" when he wasn't there.

soxom2

soxom2

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 12:25 PM

New blood! er, I mean, welcome NikkiH! Yeah, we're mostly still around, we're just not quite as active as we used to be (8 days to go from pg 107 to pg 108? Inconceivable!). But Methos is back now! Methos!!

did [the Horsemen] live up to the hype for you?

Oh, definitely Ari!I think I was about as unspoiled as it's possible to be and still be an HL fan (I didn't know, for example, about Methos' plan, or that he kills Silas at the end - poor Methos!). Though knowing the basic outline of the story (the whole Methos is Death thing) I was a little surprised at some of the things they did and didn't do. For one thing, I had really expected more emphasis on the fact that Methos has obviously changed, instead of all this "the world was different then!" stuff. I guess they were trying to do a morals-change thing, but I'm pretty sure killing for fun has been frowned on for an awfully long time, not to mention Cassandra seemed to think it was wrong. I was particularly annoyed at Joe's comparison to Vietnam. It's obviously not the same thing. It was a stupid thing to say, unworthy of an intelligent character. Bad writers!

And without even having seen the original Witch of Donan Woods episode, Lord, but I hate Cassandra!
Joe: Sounds like something out of the Dark Ages.
Cassandra: Bronze, actually. I was there.
Me: Shut up, you snotty bitch. Dissing Joe isn't going to win you any points.

I do wonder how the episode would have been different if the central victim had been, you know, actually sympathetic. Also, a shiny gold velour turtleneck? And here I thought they fired the wardrobe person responsible for the lipstick pink pants.

I said it before, but it bears repeating: Valentine Pelka rocks y'all. He made my skin crawl in exactly the right way. And the dynamic between him and Methos - I suppose that would be an example of HoNay! ?

Okay, must stop before my post officially becomes essay-length!

BTW, I know that last time, the spoiler-tags in posts about the Horsemen were largely for my benefit (thanks again guys!) but are there others trying to be unspoiled, or should we drop them?

Edited by soxom2, Jan 16, 2004 @ 12:29 PM.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 7:56 PM

but are there others trying to be unspoiled, or should we drop them?

Maybe we should put some spoiler tags, because there are new audiences for this series. Remember, this series was like from ten years ago! I have a cousin who just watched it for the first time, and she was hooked right away. Not to mention made me feel so old.

Arianrhod

Arianrhod

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2004 @ 11:31 PM

I think unless someone else speaks up, we can safely drop them, precisely because it's over ten years old. Besides, we've already discussed all the big surprizes without spoiler tags as the series re-aired this past time.

Speaking of, was it Till Death that Spike skipped last time? TiVo says that it's airing on the 29th, and I can't remember if that's the one they skipped or not.

Cassandra seemed to think it was wrong.

Heh. But bewitching (and possibly seducing) a preteen as a hedge against the later fulfillment of a nebulous prophesy is peachy-keen. So don't like her. You have a good point about her not being sympathetic. Yeah, she had some valid points, but in the end, I was just looking for her to go away. Leaving, beheaded, didn't matter, just away. I just can't quite figure out if it's a function of the actress or the writing, or the combo of both. Or perhaps it's because she wanted to kill Methos and attempted to drive a wedge between Our Heroes. *grin*

NikkiH

NikkiH

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 12:03 AM

I saw Cassandra as really snotty too. I think it may have been the actress for me though because I couldn't stand her on Babylon 5. :)

Also, maybe because I didn't want to believe that Methos was a bad guy and she was trying to kill him. :)
She was a little snotty to Joe too. So you're old too, so what?

And nobody answered my question yet about Richie's first quickening. Does anyone know when that was? I didn't get to see seasons 1 and 2 and I'm just curious. :)

Arianrhod

Arianrhod

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 12:40 AM

I didn't answer earlier, because I didn't know. However, TV Tome says it's season 2's Under Color of Authority. I don't remember much about that episode, so I can't help you with details, other than it precipitated a mini rift between Richie and Duncan, and Richie was gone for quite a few episodes.

littlekat

littlekat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 12:53 AM

I'm de-lurking here finally. I saw a few of these episodes when they first ran, but I'm rewatching it, and making a tape of just Methos episodes. I've been reading summaries and looking at screencaps, so I'm already spoiled.

For the past month, I would find myself sometimes drifting off to do other things while Highlander was on. But now that we have reached the Methos episodes, I actually tell people not to bother me when it's on.

AlejandraDD and Sica, I would just like to thank you two for your screencaps. They are very nice!

Just a heads up, but Callum Keith Rennie's episode is coming up on the 20th. So that gives us something else to look forward to.

NikkiH

NikkiH

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 1:17 AM

Sorry, Arianrhod, I didn't meant to sound snippy. :(

I should have looked myself, but wanted to see if anyone had any insight.

And doesn't it seem that they never showed hardly anyone else's Quickenings besides Macleod's? I wanted to see more of Methos'. :)

And I already have all of the Methos episodes on tape. I'm itching to watch them right now before college starts back up, but I'll still watch the episodes on Spike too.

Arianrhod

Arianrhod

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 1:28 AM

Oh, I didn't think you sounded snippy at all! I just didn't want to provide you with only partial info, since I don't really remember that episode. I was hoping someone who paid attention during Richie episodes would pipe up. I find my attention drifting during Richie-centric episodes. Now, Methos's episodes on the other hand...

I'll try to find that site with the really good synopsis. It disappeared when I upgraded computer systems.