Late Show with David Letterman

• Please log in to reply

10892 replies to this topic

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2013 @ 2:18 PM

I'm no fan of Elvis Presley, but I really started thinking the whole impersonator week was a goof and it was the same guy every night.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2013 @ 9:20 PM

Amy talking about Dave

ElectraAlan

ElectraAlan

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:23 AM

Why must Letterman entice me by bringing up these movies and making me want to see them, and they're not available anywhere? "Tennessee Johnson" is not on DVD or VHS, and it's not available anywhere online.

GaryE

GaryE

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:54 PM

here's the original movie trailer:

http://www.tcm.com/t...son/videos.html

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 2:21 PM

Thanks for that clip of Amy Sedaris. I would freak out if I saw her on my subway. I have to admit, there have been a couple of times that I've taken a banana out of my bag and started talking on it when others around me have been on their phones. I think we'd get along fine.

ElectraAlan

ElectraAlan

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:02 AM

here's the original movie trailer:

http://www.tcm.com/t...son/videos.html

Thanks. It doesn't look like a must-see. I knew Spencer Tracy wasn't in it.

Grommet

Grommet

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2013 @ 5:42 PM

Morbs, thanks so much for that link. I watched all the segments. I just love Amy.

stonehaven

stonehaven

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 6:49 AM

Catching up on my Late Show viewing.....I know Dave gets bored with a recurring gag but I really will miss the Weekend Late Show with Bruce and Linda....It's just an absurd little satire that it delights me every time it's on...Sorry to see it go....I still wish I could have seen their "Red Carpet" show with the interview of the guy that vacuums the red carpet after award shows....:-)

Grommet

Grommet

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 20, 2013 @ 9:08 PM

I too will miss The Weekend Late Show. I'm not sure why Dave suddenly started hating it.

Michelle Williams is one of the nicest young actresses I've ever seen on the show.

ElectraAlan

ElectraAlan

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2013 @ 10:49 PM

I know Dave gets bored with a recurring gag but I really will miss the Weekend Late Show with Bruce and Linda

The only one I thought was funny: "And how to tell if a podiatrist is going too far."

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2013 @ 6:53 PM

I'm a little worried about Dave. Lately I've noticed he's been saying slightly wrong words from time to time. Maybe it's just part of getting older, but last night there must have been about seven incidents (saying Academic Awards instead of Academy Awards, for example).

GaryE

GaryE

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2013 @ 11:02 AM

I actually thought he was nuts when he yelled out "Have a good weekend" at the end of yesterdays show. (It was Wednesday). A quick look at the schedule explained it.

Edited by GaryE, Feb 28, 2013 @ 11:03 AM.

SanDiegoInExile

SanDiegoInExile

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 7, 2013 @ 5:29 AM

We have entered into the season of sporadic scheduling for new Late Shows. With spring vacation breaks, the Masters, and the NCAA, there are limited new shows until May Sweeps start up.

5 shows (March 11-15)
3 shows (March 18-19-20) - NCAA Thursday+Friday
3 shows (March 25-26-27) - NCAA Thursday+Friday
5 shows (April 1-5)
2 shows (April 8-9) - NCAA Monday - Masters Thursday+Friday
5 shows (April 22-26)

19 reruns and 18 new shows between February 28 and April 20.

That puts us into May Sweeps, with new shows every night (23 in a row!) until reruns begin on Thursday May 22. (And Summer Friday Reruns until mid-September)

Late Show Audience

Edited by SanDiegoInExile, Mar 7, 2013 @ 5:36 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 16, 2013 @ 3:55 PM

What's with the red trombone? The past couple of nights they did the long band ending and I noticed it looks solid inside, hot hollow. How does that work?

markm

markm

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 7:50 AM

Bruce and Linda were back on Friday with a preview for a new weekend show - wonder if this was a one-time thing or will they will be on every week.

PhPhan

PhPhan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 1:13 PM

Jim Carrey had to be the most annoying guest in recent history. He reminded me of Robin Williams back when he was on cocaine, only I thought Robin Williams was funny. Carrey came off as totally narcissistic.

I don't get the new Bruce and Linda thing. The new concept is basically the same thing. I'm not sure why they got rid of the old format. I liked Bruce and Linda the way they were.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 1:32 PM

TV ratings are down across the board, Bruce and Linda needed to spice things up.

Morbs

Morbs

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 1:58 PM

Selena Gomez has a personality, who would've thought?

teddysmom

teddysmom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 3:21 PM

Selena Gomez has a personality, who would've thought?

Really. I don't know anything about her, other than the JBiebs dating, but if this is an indication of her coolness, she's okay by me.

Wonder if Droopy Drawers will start making threats over Twitter. Last week he was telling his detractors to audit Lindsay Lohan's tax returns, God only knows what he'll do when he finds out his ex was making fun of him on Letterman.

Edited by teddysmom, Mar 19, 2013 @ 3:21 PM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 5:23 PM

No one was more surprised than Dave when she came out with that line. Good for her - hopefully she'll make it through to adult roles, although this Spring Breakers things is probably very adult.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 9:41 PM

I will also add that I thought she really looked good !
There is some type of saying about the best type of revenge is looking good.

lnmop

lnmop

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 2:38 AM

I don't know what's going on with Bill Cosby, but based on his appearance with Dave tonight and some of his other recent public appearances, I can't help wonder if he's suffering from dementia. His rambling on (especially with the band) wasn't funny and seemed pointless. I felt uncomfortable watching. Perhaps it's time for him to retire.

On a lighter note, Alpine skiier Mikela Shriffin was delightful!

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 2:41 AM

"The best revenge is living well". Believe it.

I cringed a little when Dave made a construction worker read his Top Ten line FOUR times to get it right on Friday. I was thinking it was an eyesight or reading disability after the second time.

Halfpint Ingals

Halfpint Ingals

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 7:01 PM

I don't know what's going on with Bill Cosby, but based on his appearance with Dave tonight and some of his other recent public appearances, I can't help wonder if he's suffering from dementia. His rambling on (especially with the band) wasn't funny and seemed pointless. I felt uncomfortable watching. Perhaps it's time for him to retire.

I came on here just to see if others were saying that as well. I got that impression last night as well.
I loved Selena Gomez's line about making Justin cry the other night.

jmslsu01

jmslsu01

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 9:36 PM

This Leno/Fallon rumor has been going around since early March, but Bill Carter is reporting that Fallon is just about set to replace Leno in Fall 2014--and expected to bring The Tonight Show back to New York.

Oh, what can possibly go wrong?

Dave's rants against Leno and NBC were fantastic television. Wonder if/when he'll comment on the rumors.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 9:54 PM

I'm watching AC 360 on CNN and Anderson Cooper has just reported that Jay Leno is on his way out and Fallon is taking his place.

Bill Carter of the NY Times didn't say that NBC is denying the late night shuffle but the network hasn't publically confirmed the date as the timetable is still being worked out.

ikar

ikar

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:43 AM

I swear that "Leno leaving/ Leno retiring" is just a ploy. It's like a taser to Letterman's underside, to keep him rattled, get him to yell at the kids on his lawn.

kems28

kems28

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:47 AM

I swear that "Leno leaving/ Leno retiring" is just a ploy. It's like a taser to Letterman's underside, to keep him rattled, get him to yell at the kids on his lawn.

Why the hell would Letterman care what Leno is doing? I think he got such glee out of the Conan situation because it finally exposed what a huge asshole Jay is, and people finally got to see what Letterman's side was like back in 1992. Now that Jay's terrible personality is public knowledge, I really doubt Dave has strong opinions on what Jay does. If these rumors have any effect on the Late Show crew, I think it would be in the form of a backroom deal to steal Jimmy Fallon away from NBC before Jay can ruin him too! Karma!

AVorlon

AVorlon

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 5:13 AM

I was wondering what Leno would do if hes out of a talk show job in 2014. It occured to me that maybe he can wait around a few years until Letterman retires, take over that show, and move it to L.A. to compete with Fallon and Kimmel.

stonehaven

stonehaven

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2013 @ 5:59 AM

I am a huge fan of Fallon and don't want to see him treated the same as Conan by Jay on this...so with that in mind, I am nervous for something like this happening again"
Leno Victims Unit