Alias Award Watch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

244 replies to this topic

Keeks

Keeks

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 9:49 AM

Equally upsetting is the fact that Ron Rifkin was never recognized for his work on the show...not once. One of the most brilliant evil genius' on TV in years, will never even be acknowledged by the Emmys, and most likely, not the GG or the SAGs either.

HighQueenEB

HighQueenEB

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 10:18 AM

I thought RR was nominated for Best Supporting Actor, along with VG, the first year, which pretty much killed both of their chances at the Emmy. I could be mis-remembering though.

caia1970

caia1970

Fanatic

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 10:21 AM

Ron Rifkin was never nominated for an Emmy for Alias. The only acting noms have been for Jennifer Garner (4 times), Victor Garber (3 times) and Lena Olin (once).

KarenML

KarenML

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 11:06 AM

I didn't expect much for nominations given the apparent disregard for the show's quality in the last few seasons. It doesn't help the actors' chances when Pinckner et al. make statements like, "It doesn't matter what we throw at the fans, they keep coming back for more." That kind of talk from the show's writers/producers is not going to help garner respect for the show. The critics stopped loving the show by the end of S3 and it's never regained that clout. It was also never more than a cult hit. So, no critical raves and no major audience adds up to lack of recognition for what good quality does exist on the show. And if there's no respect for the show, generally the actors will be overlooked, esp if they've received nominations before.

It's a shame that VG and RR weren't recognized for their yeoman work in S4, which I consider better than S5. Then again, that's like saying a small pile of poo is better than a large pile of poo. Gold dust on poo is still on poo, after all.

rachna78

rachna78

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2006 @ 12:08 PM

I dont think the season as a whole deserved any nominations but do feel VG and RR should have been recognized. They are without a doubt the best actors on the show and were never less then wonderful.