Alias Award Watch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

244 replies to this topic

Alias Fanatic

Alias Fanatic

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 12:39 PM

With great pleasure, I bump this thread to bring the news of the Producers Guild Awards.

Alias got nominated! Woo-hoo.

Alias
CSI
Six Feet Under
The West Wing

Awards are January 17th.

The individual producers named for Alias are:
J.J. Abrams
John Eisendrath
Ken Olin
Sarah Caplan

ETA: more details

Edited by Alias Fanatic, Jan 5, 2004 @ 12:43 PM.

bitterpill

bitterpill

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:06 AM

According to Alias-media, Jen was nominated for a SAG Award this morning.

Alias Fanatic

Alias Fanatic

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:22 AM

Yup, here's the SAG list:

Best Actress in a Drama Series
Stockard Channing, ''The West Wing''
Frances Conroy, ''Six Feet Under''
Tyne Daly, ''Judging Amy''
Jennifer Garner, ''Alias''
Mariska Hargitay, ''Law & Order: Special Victims Unit''
Allison Janney, ''The West Wing''

Too bad, the whole cast didn't get a nod too:

Best Ensemble in a Drama Series
''CSI: Crime Scene Investigation''
'Law & Order''
''Six Feet Under''
''The West Wing''
''Without a Trace''

Edited by Alias Fanatic, Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:22 AM.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:41 AM

No cast that includes Elizabeth Rohm should be nominated for a Best Ensemble SAG award. Any and all casts including Victor Garber and Ron Rifkin, however should be nominated. Alias was robbed.

Aliasholic

Aliasholic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 10:57 AM

How can ACTORS of all people not nominate the cast of Alias??? You cannot tell me that any one of those five shows has a better ensemble than Alias. Other than that rant, congratulations to Jennifer, but I have a sinking feeling she'll never win more awards because she is such the "It" girl that she can't have her cake and eat it too. You can't be that gorgeous, funny, nice AND a good actress and get recognized for it. WhatEVER. /rant

Invisigirl

Invisigirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 11:30 AM

Stockard Channing? Seriously? She's barely on!
And no way in hell is Tyne Daly going to win again.

bitterpill

bitterpill

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 11:58 AM

Adding my rant that it is complete bull that this cast is once again overlooked. Granted, I don't watch any of the shows that were nominated, but I'm sure Alias can hold it's own with any of them.

Well, JG is once again our beacon of hope.

AudyGal0516

AudyGal0516

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 2:56 PM

Best Actress in a Drama Series
Stockard Channing, ''The West Wing''
Frances Conroy, ''Six Feet Under''
Tyne Daly, ''Judging Amy''
Jennifer Garner, ''Alias''
Mariska Hargitay, ''Law & Order: Special Victims Unit''
Allison Janney, ''The West Wing''

Aren't most of these actresses SUPPORTING or is it just me? I mean, I used to watch Six Feet Under when I had HBO, and granted, Conroy's part is big...but I wouldn't say she carries the show. Same with Tyne Daly...isn't she supporting? Stockard and Allison are totally supporting...and Law & Friggen Order?

This sucks. The only real lead actress in that category is Jennifer. She carries the entire show. Without Jennifer and Sydney Bristow, there would be no Alias. And the cast not getting nominated? They are the most together and talented cast on TV. With one exception that is, but aren't these noms for last season? Please. I'm very disappointed.

caia1970

caia1970

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 3:12 PM

Considering Lily Tomlin was nominated last year, for a part that consisted of a two minute scene in one episode, this hardly surprises me. (I think the SAG has a 'there are no small parts' etc., policy so they don't distinguish between lead and supporting).

LouisVuittonRULZ

LouisVuittonRULZ

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 5:06 PM

Aren't most of these actresses SUPPORTING or is it just me?

The SAG awards don't go by Leading or Supporting -- they just go by who ever they feel was the Best.

Stockard Channing? Seriously? She's barely on!

Maybe, but that's like saying quanity over quality is what should matter, as we know it shouldn't.

Edited by LouisVuittonRULZ, Jan 15, 2004 @ 5:08 PM.

Houdini

Houdini

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 6:15 PM

Does anyone know if the SAG awards judge the whole season or just one submitted episode?

KaveDweller

KaveDweller

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 7:03 PM

SAG is the one award show that gives recognition to an entire cast, and they ignore Alias? At least JG got recognized after they ignored her last year.

Houdini

Houdini

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2004 @ 8:08 AM

Alias lost out at the Producers Guild Awards last night to Six Feet Under.

bluedot

bluedot

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2004 @ 10:40 AM

At least JG got recognized after they ignored her last year.

This was her first SAG nomination, wasn't it? I thought that I'd read that somewhere...can someone confirm?

OLynn

OLynn

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2004 @ 11:44 AM

CBC Newsworld is airing a documentary tonight on the Passionate Eye. It's called The Golden Globes Hollywood's Dirty Little Secret. It's supposed to be an unflattering look at the people who are judges and make up the HFPA. Some of the best documentaries I've seen were on the Passionate Eye so it should be good.The Golden Globes Hollywood's Dirty Little Secret

Edited by OLynn, Jan 18, 2004 @ 11:52 AM.

redhat

redhat

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 22, 2004 @ 7:46 AM

Alias has been nominated by the Cinema Audio Society for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing.

Noms in TV series went to the "Succession" episode of "Alias"; "Grissom Versus the Volcano" of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"; "Shear Stupidity" of "NYPD Blue"; "I'm Sorry, I'm Lost" of "Six Feet Under"; and "5 p.m.-6 p.m." of "24."

Full article here.

JenMD

JenMD

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:10 PM

Getting things over with quickly tonight, the GG goes to Frances Conroy from Six Feet Under. Damn, I was thinking Amber if not Jen.

Jen looked lovely though. Looks like she brought JJ. :-)

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:12 PM

I like Frances Conroy, but feh. At least they got that over with quickly, so I can stop watching this show.

Jen's not presenting, is she?

MiniBristow47

MiniBristow47

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:15 PM

DAMN YOU, FRANCES CONROY! DAAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOOOU! Hollywood Foreign Press Agency, I shake my fist at you!

Jen so deserves it more. It should have at least made up for the injustice that is Victor not getting nominated.

Houdini

Houdini

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:18 PM

How bad must it suck to lose in the first 10 minutes and have to sit there for another three hours. I think she and JJ should slip out and go somewhere for drinks.

Edited by Houdini, Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:19 PM.

ray18125

ray18125

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:21 PM

Only 10 minutes into the show and 5 million Alias fans simultaneously switch the channel from NBC. I feel even more stupid for having sat through the awful hour-long pre-show, hoping they'd stop to talk with Jen and JJ.

I hope MV has a great consolation prize waiting for her.

KaveDweller

KaveDweller

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:23 PM

This feels like a waste. I watched over two hours of pre-show coverage and didn't see any interviews with Jen. At least now, I can turn it off early. It does suck for her to have to sit there all night. Especially if they are shooting early on Monday.

Stupid HFP. I would have accepted Amber winning. But Frances Conroy? I like 6th Feet Under, but I don't think she deserved it over Jen.

Ellebella

Ellebella

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:30 PM

Only 10 minutes into the show and 5 million Alias fans simultaneously switch the channel from NBC.

I hope MV has a great consolation prize waiting for her.

heh. WORD! Also, said Alias fans now think ABC should counter with a new episode of Alias at 9, since there's nothing else important on tv anymore, with the possibility of hooking many GG watchers who are channel surfing because they're so very bored.

MiniBristow47

MiniBristow47

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:33 PM

Still pissed. Trying to find something worth keeping me tuned to NBC and the win of Angels in America makes me happy enough to watch it. After watching Jen lose to Frances (Frickin') Conroy, Angels in America and Lord of the Rings had better frickin' sweep the awards. Or else the Hollywood Foreign Press will find itself being pelted with flamin' dog poo (with love!) direct from Geneva. Oh, how this bitter little expatriate will pelt the Hollywood Foreign Press and especially Frances Conroy.

Bitter much? Oh yes.

Edited to add that Ben Kingsley (or Jude Law), Johnny Depp, and Love Actually and/or Bend It Like Beckham had also better win. And Lord of the Rings will sweep its categories or I will get uber-bitter.

Edited to add again that I am currently shaking my fist at the HFP. Johnny Depp, guys! JOHNNY DEPP!

Edited by MiniBristow47, Jan 25, 2004 @ 9:02 PM.

kenyaj

kenyaj

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:33 PM

How adorable was Ricky Gervais? I can't wait until his guest appearance on the show.

alikona727

alikona727

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:43 PM

[...]

Edited by alikona727, May 25, 2006 @ 4:33 PM.

SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 8:52 PM

I would have accepted Amber winning. But Frances Conroy? I like 6th Feet Under, but I don't think she deserved it over Jen.

ITA. Plus, Jen and Amber are actually the leads for their respective shows. The GGs are seriously fucked up. I mean, I just saw Ashton Kutcher and Ice Cube present an awards, for God's sake!

And I agree, kenyaj. I'm now picturing JJ going around tonight getting more people to guest star.

memememe76

memememe76

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 9:19 PM

Why is it 24 gets so much more respect? They're kinda the same type of show, but 24 keeps winning awards and Alias gets crap. What's the deal?

Houdini

Houdini

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 9:30 PM

Someone at SD-1 posted some pictures of Jen at the Globes. You may have to scroll down to see them

SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 9:31 PM

Well, memememe76, I cynically say it's because 24 is considered more realistic and it doesn't have a female as a lead.

Topic? Award shows suck. Our poor little disrespected show.