South Park

• Please log in to reply

7008 replies to this topic

Chrysaor

Chrysaor

Fanatic

Posted Dec 3, 2011 @ 4:22 AM

I thought the joke was referring to self-harm cutting and that the mom in question was to poor to afford to cut herself, so cut coupons instead.

Arguably that would have been both funnier and easier to understand than the original. [Cartman Voice] "Yo Momma so poor she cuts coupons because she can't afford to cut herself!" [/Cartman Voice]

Though I will say that might be more of a "Yo Momma so stupid" than a "Yo Momma so poor".

PhinallyPhamous

PhinallyPhamous

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 3, 2011 @ 5:33 AM

I still have nasty flashbacks of the South Park N64 game, which was a god-awful cash-in shooter game.

Hopefully the RPG will be for the Nintendo 3DS, since I don't see it working well on the console unless they plan on pulling a Cartman and make the game bare bones and force fans to get all of the actual good stuff via DLC.

The N64 game was definitely more enjoyable as a multiplayer game than single player, but I don't find it nearly as bad as some people do. It ran off the Turok 2 engine which was a game I also enjoyed so I smoothly transitioned in to the game. The playstation version was god-awful.

They did: Imaginationland essentially was South Park the Movie II; they just decided to air it on TV in three parts instead of dealing with releasing it to theaters or direct to DVD.

If that truly is the case I can't help but feel it was a poor decision. South Park is arguably more popular today than it was when BL&U came out and if they planned the release accordingly to be the only marquee movie to release that weekend I'd bet that they would do good numbers at the box office. They would undoubtedly make more than it cost to make the movie, and the DVD sales would just be icing on the cake.

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Dec 3, 2011 @ 8:38 AM

They did: Imaginationland essentially was South Park the Movie II; they just decided to air it on TV in three parts instead of dealing with releasing it to theaters or direct to DVD.

If you don't mind my asking, where did hear that? I only ask, because I know in the episode commentary for the Imaginationland episodes, Matt and Trey said that Imaginationland was originally a two-part episode, and then while they were writing the second part, they realized they had too much material, so they made the third part at the last minute. I wasn't under the impression they ever considered this for a theatrical release.

Blue Bonnet

Blue Bonnet

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 3, 2011 @ 10:28 PM

Surprised no one mentioned that Trey & Matt just got a Grammy nomination for the Book of Mormon cast album.

Wonder if Trey knew his Oscar loss to Phil Collins back in '99 would ultimately screw him out of being an EGOT winner...

Edited by Blue Bonnet, Dec 3, 2011 @ 10:28 PM.

Ktwo

Ktwo

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

New shows start March 14! Any guesses as to what comes first?

Edited by Ktwo, Feb 26, 2012 @ 10:45 AM.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

My guess:

1. A pro-Ron Paul episode where they make fun of Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich while praising Ron Paul as the second coming of Jesus
2. An episode where Cartman puts Butters through five shades of hell and Butters ends up losing in the end (because we haven't had one of those in ages)
3. A stupid Randy episode (probably him trying to become Youtube sensation)
4. A Mr Garrison episode (we haven't had one in ages)
5. An episode where the gang acts like kids (maybe a sports episode)
6. Easter episode
7. An episode where Mysterion and The Coon have to team up against Scott Tenorman, who has kidnapped Kenny's siblings to force him to kill Cartman

manbearpig

manbearpig

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

Watching through my DVDs has made me realise how great the show has always been. It's been entertaining all the way through for me, but there is still something so great about the earlier seasons, that can still make me laugh plenty despite having already seen them all a bunch of times.

There are plenty of great supporting characters that we haven't seen in a while, Trey and Matt really did create some wonderfully insane characters. I miss Officer Barbrady, even though he does pop up more than some other characters. When did we last see The Mayor and Jimbo? 200/201?

I quite like the whole 'kids just being kids' angle of the earlier years, where we have the younger characters being naive about sex or pretending they've had their period to fit in, the children mispronouncing words, etc. Last season was great, but at times it does feel like everyone is a bit wiser than their years (the children anyway, the majority of the adults have probably went in the other direction), even if Cartman is still acting immature as hell, or they're getting caught up in the insanity of whatever is happening that episode.

Also have to say that the voice acting for Cartman is perfect in the early seasons. The way he speaks, the authoritahs (and the variations on that, i.e. - integritah), never fail to amuse me.

Basically, I love this show. Definitely looking forward to the new season, and re-watching the rest of my DVDs. I own 1-8, and just watched 'Chef Goes Nanners'. Really, so far, the only episode I haven't really liked on rewatch is the Jakovasaurs one from season three, and even then started off well with Cartman's song ('I hate you guys...'). I love this show. For me, still the funniest thing on tv.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

Does anybody else watch Key & Peele? Last week's episode ended with a music video centering on a rapper who got shot in the dick. No word if Butters was the one pulling the trigger.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

Trey Parker and Matt Stone has basically disowned like, the first three-four seasons.

In a way, I can see why since a lot of lemons exist in those early years. But at the same time, the pre-soap box/let's try and get headlines incorporating current events in our episodes by writing things by the seat of our pants way of doing things is episodes do hav a sort of innocent charm to them, even though they also have a lot of rough edges.

That said, I do miss early Cartman. He's an asshole but he's not crossed as many lines as he would ultimately do. Plus his lack of intelligence makes it easier to root for him, whereas now Cartman has Lex Luthor-level super-intelligence that he uses to drive people to commit suicide for the evilulz.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 1:02 AM

I've been watching Comedy Central, and there's new SP footage in some of the teasers.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 9, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

While they had their weak episodes, I thought the first three seasons were fine. The Rain Forest episode with Jennifer Aniston was one of my favorites. It felt like the hype had died down on the show as Season 3 went on and by Season 4, Matt and Trey went for broke and the South Park that we know now was born.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 12:45 AM

Let the sixteenth season begin!

Episode 1601 Press Release
From the Comedy Central Press Release:

TRAGEDY STRIKES IN SOUTH PARK
AS THE 16TH SEASON BEGINS ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, Monday March 12, 2012 After a South Park citizen meets with an unfortunate accident, the TSA steps in to prevent it from happening again in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Reverse Cowgirl," premiering Wednesday, March 14 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on COMEDY CENTRAL.

One of the boys had been told time and time again about leaving the toilet seat up after he goes to the bathroom, but he didnt listen. His actions have consequences and ultimately result in an unimaginable catastrophe.

I'm half-afraid to ask . . . what's the traditional definition of "reverse cowgirl"? Also, here's a clip. As you can see, the town will disconnect with reality almost immediately.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

Glad to see South Park is coming back... even though I'm already not liking where this episode might be going. I'm too scared to google "reverse cowgirl" on the internet, but I'm sure we'll find out on Wednesday.

As you can see, the town will disconnect with reality almost immediately.

Like they haven't before?

Edited by Spartan Girl, Mar 12, 2012 @ 1:16 PM.

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

I'm half-afraid to ask . . . what's the traditional definition of "reverse cowgirl"?

As someone who's subscribed to Cosmo for years, I can help with that. Not to be super graphic, but it's girl-on-top with the girl facing backwards - so her body is facing the man's feet as opposed to his face.

Edited by bparhad, Mar 12, 2012 @ 1:42 PM.

jeff6286

jeff6286

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

It sounds to me like they're going to pass a law that says that all women must turn around and face the toilet when they sit on it, to avoid the risk of falling into the bowl and potentially fracturing their tailbone. They could call this "reverse cowgirl" style. The question is, which boy will leave the toilet seat up leading to this unimaginable catastrophe? Who fell into the toilet? Was it Mrs. Cartman? Sharon Marsh? Kyle's Mom? Butters' Mom? Mrs. Garrison? The 1987 Denver Broncos?

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Mar 12, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

According to the preview I just saw, it's Clyde.

ChelseaMcQ

ChelseaMcQ

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Somehow I missed the kissing company episode the first time around. Wow. So, so, wrong.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

Clyde's mom in the coffin. Yeah, that's an image that won't leave my mind anytime soon.

I really enjoyed the show going back to its "let's take an everyday annoyance and exaggerate the hell out of it" roots. The whole plot of the dangers of leaving the toilet seat up as a thinly-veiled riff on the TSA just slayed me.

I wasn't too hot on the Sue-ance at first, but I really, really loved the payoff.

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

Preachin' it as always Matt and Trey!

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

I really enjoyed the show going back to its "let's take an everyday annoyance and exaggerate the hell out of it" roots.

Or "Parker or Stone got pulled over and given a ticket for not having their seatbelt on at some point in their past and are still bitter as hell over the experience because GOD FORBID someone tell them what to do"....

Also, why didn't they just shatter the toilet porcelin? Even after she died so that they could bury her properly?

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:19 PM

As someone who's subscribed to Cosmo for years, I can help with that. Not to be super graphic, but it's girl-on-top with the girl facing backwards - so her body is facing the man's feet as opposed to his face.

You mean like 69ing?

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:31 PM

Well, the new season doesn't start off with a bang, but it's good enough of a start.

Or "Parker or Stone got pulled over and given a ticket for not having their seatbelt on at some point in their past and are still bitter as hell over the experience because GOD FORBID someone tell them what to do".... BakerX2

I have to disagree with that assessment. While there is no established rule about repeating topics, and I felt that "Kyle's Cousin" zinged the TSA a little better, going back to the well was a good decision. The seat belts were more of an accessory than a plot.

Poor Clyde. Have any of you guys reading this been ridden a tenth as hard as Clyde? I never did. I remember Bill Cosby doing a routine where his four daughters were contemplating killing their brother, but that's about it.

Cartman kicked some butt . . . not as much as in the past, but just enough. Adding material about Clyde's humiliation, and finding out he's actually talking to Clyde on the phone? Nice.

Edited by Lantern7, Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:17 AM.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2012 @ 11:31 PM

Am I the only one who thought this episode was awful? I've felt that about very few episodes of the show. But to me, there was nothing good about it. Just dull and lifeless.

jeff6286

jeff6286

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 1:35 AM

Ha! Butters had it right all along. I knew it.

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 2:18 AM

Cartman kicked some butt . . . not as much as in the past, but just enough. Adding material about Clyde's humiliation, and finding out he's actually talking to Clyde on the phone? Nice.

Speaking of which, I'm disappointed we didn't get a call-back to the popularity issue on the show in relations Clyde vs Cartman: we know Cartman has had his delusions of popularity pierced recently with the destruction of his stuffed animals and moreso, we know Clyde is popular with his female classmates, most of whom conspired to rig a poll in order to make him the most popular guy in the fourth grade.

I could see Cartman having extra malice (including calling him up and mocking him that way) towards Clyde specifically because Cartman is jealous of Clyde and unconsciously motivated to destroy Clyde's popularity with his female classmates with his abuse....

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 5:44 AM

You mean like 69ing?

Not really - its literally girl on top, just with the girl facing the other way. Like, flipped 180 degrees.

Stalkmylife82

Stalkmylife82

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 7:14 AM

Or "Parker or Stone got pulled over and given a ticket for not having their seatbelt on at some point in their past and are still bitter as hell over the experience because GOD FORBID someone tell them what to do"....

Yeah, I personally think that's putting way to much emphasis on one small part of the story line. The war between men and women in regards to putting the toilet seat down is a very old subject. Using it to also take a knock at the TSA was a pretty inspired choice.

Cowgirl - Is when the women is top facing you (sitting down to help with the visual) and you're on your back.

Reverse Cowgirl - Mean she is facing away from you.

Very simple.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 8:05 AM

I really enjoyed the show going back to its "let's take an everyday annoyance and exaggerate the hell out of it" roots. The whole plot of the dangers of leaving the toilet seat up as a thinly-veiled riff on the TSA just slayed me.

Just when you think the people of South Park can't get any stupider...

I loved that Butters was right all along, but the best part was the ending, when Clyde left the toilet seat up on purpose and flipped the bird to his dead mom. HA!

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 9:11 AM

That's an interesting theory! Is it based on a real event or is this speculation on your part?

Ha! Butters had it right all along. I knew it.

I guess the rest of us stupid for laughing at Butters now. LOL

Cowgirl - Is when the women is top facing you (sitting down to help with the visual) and you're on your back.
Reverse Cowgirl - Mean she is facing away from you.

Ohhh, riding like a pony! Got it.

Fungi Wisdom

Fungi Wisdom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 7:14 PM

Butters' turning around on the toilet might have changed my life. It's inspired. He's right!